What are some universally panned movies that you liked?

What are some universally panned movies that you liked?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WSyUHFfO3EM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

old boy(the original) and mullholland drive

movie 43(the one with the director story. the youtube kids was bad)

>old boy(the original) and mullholland drive

neither of these are hate

BvS. I can not comprehend how boring mouth breaker shit like Episode 7 is praised but a movie is panned just for being a drama

what are you talking about?

Prometheus for me.

this

I wouldn't call Prometheus universally panned so much as having mixed reviews. Same for Alien Covenant.

The comfiest.

sadly this

Every person ive ever met irl has disliked Prometheus.

This but unironically

This. I almost feel ashamed when tell people that I had a great time whatching it.

I like the Jason Bourne vibe and that gritty somewhat-realism

Whoa whoa whoa.
People DONT like this?

That's My Boy (adam sandler flick)
Jack and Jill (")

They really weren't that bad with some pals and a few beers. No worse than the hangover or ted or whatever comedies are considered acceptable in this day and age

EP7 caters to the lowest common denominator while BvS requires an IQ minimum to be enjoyed

>but a movie is panned just for being a drama
No, it's panned because the plot is all over the place, it tries to fit three movies worth of content into one, looks like shit aesthetically, and for some reason casts Jesse Eisenberg playing the joker as Lex Luthor.

this is kind of on the nose right now but fire walk with me. people fucking LOATHED that movie when it came out.

Nearly the exact opposite is true for me.

>looks like shit aesthetically
either a fool or a troll, nothing to see here

I think this is recognized as kino now, but when released it was panned by literally everyone. It was just too ahead of it's time.

I agree with That's My Boy, it was Happy Madison's best since Grandma's Boy

>he actually likes Snyder's feces- colored filters

Jesse Eisenberg should've been Riddler

they suck and everyone hated them except weebs and plebs

>that train sequence
K I N O

It's actually great aesthetically, except the Doomsday fight

Do you not know how to count or something?

Sucker Punch and Boondock Saints. I get why people hated the former but I don't get the shitty reviews about the later or its sequels.

Both are pretty boring but at least E7 tries to tell a story while BvS feels like someone cut together couple semi related scenes.

I'd rather have the impressionistic alt-right capekino dreamscape than the story of the death of the white male told through the prism of manchild nostalgia.

Yeah it's stupid, but the sarcasm between famke jenssen and geoffrey rush made it worth it

good
and fuck you too

It's too comfy not to like.

yes yes yes and also this

quality post

How was this movie panned? Upon release it was critically acclaimed

top tier scifi tier movie kino

>Van Helsing
>scifi

Kys

Alien vs Predator

>frankenstein
>not scifi

>one aspect in an blockbuster summer movie makes it that genre
>no exceptions
This is how you sound, like a complete idiot

Sucker Punch is a great story shrouded in teen-libido garb. Way underappreciated. Mostly due to wymen unable to get past sexy pastiche.

So very very bad that it was the final straw that broke my vampire back. I swore off vampire movies forever after surviving this. Seriously. I have not watched vampire anything since this came out.

Exceptions:
1. Got tricked into seeing the beginning of Nightwatch. The poster was cool looking and no evidence of das wampeel.

2. The Strain. I was romanced by Del Toro's involvement. Knew nothing about it and wrongly figured it was a disease show. Stuck with it for a bit anyhow. Sucked like all the rest of the vampire shit always does.

Before my burnout, I liked a scant few vampire flicks. They just kept getting harder and harder to take. Fright Night, Blade 1, Interview w/ a Vamp, and sorta Blade 2. Those were the passable ones.

Gave me the old "Road to ..." feels. Slick and funny. One of the few stupid-funny movies I ever liked.

what did he meme by this?

Freddy Got Fingered

Boondock Saints is like Dave Matthews Band. Good on its own and very enjoyable but then the fans you meet put you off. I just love how unabashed it is about Catholics and how badass they can be instead of cucks they usually are and the brothers relationship as it shifts and changes as they begin their killing spree and then have doubts.

I really liked that movie he did The Cobbler, hoped for a sequel. Its like the John Wick of comedies if you will.

At least this movie had a soul, it was a fierce work of art and definitely goes into the classic 'males are being ruined by society that devalues them and they must try to find a new way to find meaning' gestalt.

Someone recommended it in a sci-fi thread a while back and I really enjoyed it, very funny light-hearted sci-fi action.

I loved that film when I was a teenager, great soundtrack too

youtube.com/watch?v=WSyUHFfO3EM

Fantasy/supernatural films like this are so fucking comfy. I switch on this, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters whenever I'm sick. Are there any other movies like this? I can't remember.

its damn good aesthetically, and you clearly don't know what you're talking about if you think Esienberg is anything like the Joker

Freddie Got Fingered.
Haggard (film by the CKY/Jackass crew).
Pootie Tang.

it already had steampunk shit like the auto crossbow it was scifi

It's a fun guilty pleasure.

and also as stupid as it was shitty

all of the Snyder Kino Catalogue

as well as Pacific Rim i fucking loved that movie

and from this year King ARthur, it's based as fuck, the lil witch girl is such a qt, and theres tons of Berserk references, I wish you faggets would watch it so we could talk about it

forgot to add the pic of the qt witch

This. Totally this.

I'm with you, man. Critics have lost their fucking minds.

I liked how her eyes changed when she was controlling different animals, and how it also looked like it was far from effortless for her to do it.

I wanted to work in fast food when I saw that movie as a kid

Really enjoyed this one. For a direct to tv Dan Schneider flick it was pretty damn good

dont you fucking ruse me into spending $5 to see a shitty movie next tuesday

Holy shit I forgot about this, fucking kino
steampunk ≠ sci-fi
I don't understand why Pacific Rim gets so much hate, and if King Arthur is as good as other Ritchie flicks I can't wait to see it

>if King Arthur is as good as other Ritchie flicks I can't wait to see it

It's like getting Jason Statham to tell you a bedtime story about King Arthur. It's fucking wonderful. Critics can kiss my ass.

The antagonist was cooler than any marvel flick but the motivation to fight the soldier things was stupid as fuck.

if you enjoy guy ritchie movies youll like this one

its got lads scheming and acting cheeky, swords and sorcerers shit

the only thing missing is jason statham

I fucking love this movie...and has prime kate.

What motivation? They were threatened with a bomb implanted in their necks

Opera scene is one of the best bond moments ever

I like the transformers movies
I find them fun

Critics didn't like Pacific Rim? What the fuck is wrong with those guys that movie was better than everything Marvel has produced

I have no doubt that The Last Knight will outgross everything save for possibly Justice League - Whedon Cut because that just probably added 200M to its gross. It just looks too crazy to not watch.

Warcraft was fun desu

Same. I enjoyed them all including Age of Extinction

Michael Bay's best movie imo

>but a movie is panned just for being a drama

No movie is ever panned for being a drama, or a comedy or anything. BvS is like "The Day the Clown Cried". You shouldn't mix a clown or comedy of any sorts and the Holocaust. The right approach is something like, Schindlers List, right? Wrong. Life is Beautiful proved you CAN make a light hearted and comedic tone out of such a subject. BvS is condemned for what it did, but how it did it. Hulk (2003) is a great subversion of super heroes, identity and having powers.

No one should be guilty of not knowing WHY a movie didn't work for them either. If someone dismisses the film for being a drama when they wanted action, that's ok. These people don't make movies, don't expect them to be better than the movie at explaining their opinions and emotions. If the movie did a good job of being a drama, no one would complain about it.

The Lobster
Stalker
Lost Highway

>You shouldn't mix a clown or comedy of any sorts and the Holocaust
But the best Holocaust movie is a comedy.

Spoopy

>The right approach is something like, Schindlers List, right? Wrong

It's unironically funny though sometimes. The Germans are cartoonishly evil. Like when he sprays the trains with the hose and the Germans are just like "OSKAR, YOU ARE GIVING ZEM HOPE, ZAT IS CRUEL! JAJAJA" or when they Amon tries that "I pardon you" thing.

Are mentally impaired in any way?

The final race makes me rock hard every time.

Everything after the titular fight (bar Batman's rescue) drags the whole film down. If it wasn't mandated to promote the rest of the DC universe, it would be a lot more liked. Flash cameo could have been removed too.

Personally, I thought the Batman/Superman fight was a little lackluster. It could have gone on a little longer and perhaps Batman would be able to use that 2nd kryptonite grenade in a better.

>Sucker Punch is a great story shrouded in teen-libido garb. Way underappreciated. Mostly due to wymen unable to get past sexy pastiche.
Im glad i only come to this board to laugh the the blatant displays of autism and shit taste in movies, never change Sup Forums.
"im too autistic to understand why people dont like this movie so its kino and everyone is retarded because they dont get it"
Kinofags need to go out the same way Snyder's daughter did.

It literally baffles me when people call this bad

great film, dunno if I'd say it was still universally panned.

It rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way when it came out but its since been reevaluated and is now quite highly regarded. Rightly so in my opinion as its as suspenseful and sinister as a horror can be.

Patience. Once the movie hits torrents people will discuss it here and I suspect actually like it. The King Arthur movie was told at Ritchie's usual breathless pace, but a creative commons legend in this day and age was actually a refreshing story, especially since Ritchie did so much with it. The main villain wasn't the usual Mordred, Merlin doesn't even have his face shown in the movie and LITERALLY never speaks, he's in one tiny scene hiding in a robe.

The CG looks a LITTLE shitty at times but considering the scale of combat they were attempting it isn't that bad. Fast, sharp dialogue as Ritchie is known for, this movie wasn't original, but it was really well executed.

I also know for a fact it got shit on for having too many white males. Honsou wasn't enough to save the movie from racebaiters.

I don't like Charlie Hunnam and I found him dare I say even pleasant in this movie. He brought the right kind of cocky attitude for the atmosphere of the film.

Also Jude Law seems to crush any role he's in, so that helps.

BvS was ruined for me by it's advertising more than the movie itself. I to this day don't watch anything beyond the first trailer.
All these, and I'll add Little Nicky, I will forever love that film.

Unironically the best Wachowski siblings movie

This movie ain't half bad

I watched this on a flight as a "fuck it, why not" movie. I was not ready for what I saw though. That race.

Next time finish reading the post before replying

>Life is Beautiful proved you CAN