I shall call him...Adam

>I shall call him...Adam

Why do they do shit like this?
I get it's a comic book movie and I understood who they were referring to and the levity that that brings for the next movie.

But like, do they really expect 80% of the audience that sees these to be like "OH HOLY SHIT HYPED?!" It's funny when these more obscure references to characters happen at the end of these movies because I always hear people all over the theater going "that's it?" "what the hell does that mean?" like the Thanos reveal.

Do they just wanna make people Google stuff?

Why would the name Adam have any significance in an alien culture?

Adam is my name so my penis tingled when she said this because I imagined being able to suck and service Debicki's beautiful feet.

IDK anything about comics but it's probably "Atom" and he's some character they're gonna introduce.

Seek help, Adam.

What did you mean by this.

I think they think making some reference only actual comic readers would get is totally intentional to get more people asking about.

I know people who leave after Marvel movies end, they just don't care what little scene there is because they don't even understand it or can just look it up. Been almost a decade of MCU and people still leave at the end lel.

It's deliberately like that so the comic nerds feel special and the normies have something to Google. Plus the "X Explained" is free publicity and keeps people talking about the movie, like you're doing right now.

normies are just going to think its a bible reference

she is a shining golden goddess!

Possibly, but it's more likely that she used the name because of its relevance to human culture, due to Peter Quill being human from Earth. There's your headcanon answer, she's just butthurt.

Those stingers hype fans and make normies have a question that needs to be answered in a future film. It's marketing.

Who will play Adam?
Who do you choose, Sup Forums?

I want to lick her gold pusy juice

It's Adam Warlock, aka anime space Jesus.

Hayley Atwell

thats piss, user

Well, given how stupid the average person is (look at all the people who believe in Christianity, astrology, and Trump), I guess Hollywood is just correctly targeting their core demographic.

This post is Reddit.

She has a black Bronx girl name.

Shaflodiqueishala?

>inb4 that turbo autist comes in lecturing about how it's an ancient bla bla bladie bla name.

Ok

Does she have different forms or something. How did they get gold woman out of this?

Language as a whole is weird and better not adressed in Guardians universe

What language are they really speaking?

about 98% of capeshit audience won't get obscure references to printed capeshit

>What language are they really speaking?
Their native language.

How do they all understand each other?

Give it time, he always shows up.

Translation devices.

So why isn't Groot translated?

They don't have one for his language.

So how do they understand him?

The same way people are able to speak other languages. I like that a movie for kids is outsmarting you.

That really makes no sense
Their mouth movements line up with english
If translation devices need software for certain languages they should not be able to meet races they haven't met and instantly understand them like Mantis

I didn't know this was so personal for you. I always thought the shill shit was just a meme.

What are his powers? Isn't he a good guy?

"I shall call her.... Shaquana."

>I didn't know this was so personal for you
Now you're just getting butthurt. Sorry.

I was asking questions and you moved to personal attacks

This is why comic book discussion is delegated to its own board
Because you manchildren are cancer.

Warlock is just as "obscure" as Thanos was when they plopped in after Avengers.

If they didn't say his name people would be even more confused. At least now they can google and find out.

>baww

Obvious choice

People thought it was fucking red skull kek

They blue him up and now he's purple skull.

Yeah people still don't care about Thanos despite all the build-up

Because he's done nothing but sit in a chair for like 3 movies. Even that would be fine if he demonstrated any skills as a strategist or a leader, but literally every character that served him has turned on him.

>chilling in a chair since 2012

Wew.

>Marvel stealing Darkseid's thing with their Darkseid-copy

Yeah, that is kinda irritating. They've been pissing away their post-credit sequences on stupid stuff when they could be building up the big-ass Infinity Gem plot.
Isn't Thanos supposed to be gathering them up for his big mitten or whatever?

You'd think they'd start showing his underlings swooping in and stealing those shits and then delivering them to him while he says some super cliched dialog like:
"Ah, at last the chessmen are arranged, now I can begin..."
or like, "Now the galaxy shall know my power!" while he clenches his fists or something.

This damn Infinity War movie is gonna come out and nobody is gonna remember who Purple Hulk is or whatever.

stop

In her early appearances, pic related was her costume until the mid-90s. Your pic wasn't until early 2000s.

Have you ever watched star trek? Or literally any sci-fi? How fucking boring would that shit be if you needed to thoroughly explain how everyone communicated to eachother.

So is he just gonna go around stealing all the infinity stones in IW Part 1? Shouldn't they have had him gathering up all the stones over the years of these movies

My first comment was saying that it is better if you don't think about it.
Its just that even the slightest implication that a comic book movie is not perfect always attracts the biggest autists.

SG-1 has literally one episode where they have difficulty talking to space-humans.
The next episode they drop it and just go with "Yeah all humans speak the same language"

Language problems can be fine, but only if you're ok with it taking over the entire story.

based

pusy

poster

Having all the stones would make him a literal god, so you can't start out with all the stones

Because Bilical references can be found literally everywhere because they are easie to make.

>This is Adam. This is the first human being.
What did Gendo mean by this?

This debate has been enlightening

>what is build-up

They're hyping him up in subtle ways. So far, you know this: he's powerful enough to make Loki and Ronan piss themselves.

If raping entirevplanets with a ghost penis makes you a good guybthan yes hes a good guy

There was no debate. It was retarded questions, easy answers and butthurt.

NOBODY
CARES

So you are saying you are the easy answers and butthurt?

Wow its rare someone admits he is butthurt on Sup Forums. You might not be as bad as every other capeshit poster.

I dunno if you're the guy claiming they have translators going at all times or not but that is a fucking stupid thing to say. They all speak english, get over it

Another lesser mind being outsmarted by a comic book movie.

If your too autisticvto fucking typeklike as normal human, you shouldntgexpect people to care about what you have tohsay.

user i think your k boards broken

>Building up someone who does nothing is cool

What's wrong with DC and their names? Dark-Side? What fucking asshole named him? If that is Kirby's fault then he was Trolling DC.

Their names are like place-holder names from rough drafts that no one ever got around to giving a serious name to. 4 out of 5 five names in DC are straight up idiotic.

Enjoyed many Darkseid AND Thanos stories. Similarities mean nothing.

Kirby's New Gods are total shit that DCfags have been cucked into loving

They're. Just. Bad. Comics.
But because it's Muh Kirby, they have to be loved.

I mean look at this shit

It's another weird idiosyncrasy created by deviating so much from the source material.
Like Drax, Ayesha was not an alien in the comics.

A secret scientist enclave created "HIM" as the perfect man, who said fuck you to Earth, flew away and named himself Adam.

That Enclave tried again only with Dr Strange helping and fucked up again. After a battle and forming another cocoon that being (called Paragon) formed itself a female body (called Her, or Kismet, or Ayesha) said fuck you to Earth, flew away to find Adam to mate with him.

In the movie they combine Her and the Universal Church of Truth (started by a distant future version of Adam) from the comics to create the Sovereign we see in the movie.

They are fantastic ideas and character concepts. Kirby had epic stories, settings and character bursting out of his mind at all times and the New God/Fourth World stuff is him getting a chance to let it pour out in a near stream on consciousnesses method...

But yeah as a read they are actually pretty crap. People say Stan Lee stole credit but New Gods isn't the only example we have of Jack Kirby not being able to take his amazing ideas and make a coherent story with them.

>> What's HER Problem?

So somehow Ayesha escaped being the focus of complaints about trans erasure?

OK, you're right I, everyone has a universal translator that works 100% of the time, needs absolutely no maintenance, and is readily available for every being and language in the galaxy, and also must be invisible.

>LE TRUMP IS STUPID LAWL

literally goldface

my Goldfu

Yeah its weird. Paragon was clearly a masculine male body before choosing to be female.

Another teenager

"I shall name him Adam..Warlock who becomes a really strong guy who wields the Infinity Gauntlet and helps defeat Thanos in the comic books"

better for you? jeez

She wanted Star-Lord's D so bad she wasted an entire armada trying to get him

It's setting up Guardians 3 more than anything. Clearly she's building a weapon, the fact that it will "destroy the Guardians of the Galaxy" is the part that makes audiences go "oh shit" and excited for the next Guardians movie. The "I shall call him Adam" part is both for comics fans to know it's Warlock, and will serve as a call-forward once Guardians 3 is out.

I went with people who don't know shit about comics (my gf, my mom and dad, my sister and my brother-in-law) and none of them said "who the fuck is that, that's annoying!', they said "can't wait to see Guardians 3 and find out who the fuck that is".

He is stupid you fucking underage faggot.

Seconded!! Upvote! :)

Oh please, Sup Forums is ten times the board this cesspool is. But to answer your question, Rocket has been around Groot so long he understands him. Eventually other Guardians will pick up on his language too, as we saw in the stinger. Their translator implants don't work on a Groot l's language, probably because there is only one Groot and not a large enough sample size to make it worth writing the needed software.

You sure showed him 3 hours later

Go back to Sup Forums if it is so much better and never come back
Jesus Christ you guys are cancer.

I'm sorry I don't have the time to monitor every thread on every board 24/7. You clearly do. You should be a janitor!

You can still read times can you?
You just think you are so fucking important that you just had to reply to it.

Fucking reddit tier posting.

Why are you still here?

Because occasionally, even on this shitty board, we can have a reasonable discussion. You should try one sometime, they're great.

How come this race of gold 'genetically' perfect beings had no one with African looks? Bit racist desu.

nikolaj coster-waldau

Get fucked you piece of shit.
You are absolute cancer of the worst kind
Get out!

>getting mad at literal autists

It's okay dude, nobody talks like that in real life and gets laid.

But isin't it better when they give something to the true fans instead of rewriting the whole story so "everyone" gets it and can watch it?

>How fucking boring would that shit be if you needed to thoroughly explain how everyone communicated to eachother.
Welcome to Sup Forums home of autistic children and Aspie adults

Continue

This thread is literally like 4 anons bickering about stupid shit but I still have a tab open just to see if it will kick off again

Trump is stupid
Sup Forums is for manchildren
Sup Forums is always right

They think they're perfect which is actual satire of the white elite.