/ChG/ - Christian General

Can we get a good ole Christian thread up in here?
Here we come together to discuss current events in the religious world and how they effect politics, our branches of faith, and casually talk about things regarding our religion.
Atheists are more than welcome to partake in the thread, I just ask that you try to be constructive.
Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=6V8CoyzBc4E

Other urls found in this thread:

lifezette.com/faithzette/christian-duty-in-face-of-murder/
vocaroo.com/i/s0NQbtw06zuv
biblehub.com/john/13-15.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Calvin or bust,

I've been very interested in Eastern Catholics lately. Anyone have experience with them and have ways of finding their parishes?

>>/his/

Fucking Christians go to your containment board

I wonder why the Pope (western catholic church) won't declare a crusade. How many churches need to be bombed before he uncucks us?

>Eastern Catholics
Those guys are like die hard pope fans.
silly newfag

why do you worship a jewsicle?

Christ is a symbol for pacifism and purity and benevolence and everything that we as men should stand for. He exists in all of us, meaning we all have the capacity to do good.

Have there been any current events in the religious world?

Last I checked Jebus died 2 thousand years ago and God's been to busy to prove he's real since modern science came into existence

Christianity is pretty awesome. It makes me feel good inside.

Just one.
Unfortunately, it's in Rome...

Jesus was in no way a "pacifist". He was steadfast, tough, aggressive when needed, but also all loving. I really think we do our religion a disservice by the whole meme logic "Jesus was a noice guy who always accepted everyone no matter what!!" logic

Fuck off LARP faggot.

Fuck off niggers.

Praise kek.

Deus Vult. Non nobis domine.

lifezette.com/faithzette/christian-duty-in-face-of-murder/

These are the same white pussies who cower in front of blacks and need a gun to make up for their lack of manliness.

Stop talking about yourself.

>white

Pls stop.

Daily reminder that Catholics aren't Christian

cool logic oh wait you provided none.

This is the problem with Christcucks. So much infighting.

Kek presents a new way. A unified way.

The way of Chaos

I'm atheist but I wish everyone else was still Christian.
I despise the lack of morals & shame these days.

European Christianity has almost entirely been subverted by 'belief in equality', and American Christianity in its correct and true form only exists in pockets of the country, and often aligned with a rejection of what are considered to be sensible values.

It's tough. Asking for a fully intellectual esoteric appreciation of Christian doctrine may well be out of the reach of the intellect of the average citizen. We very well may be fucked. It's all true, and the 'end times' will likely happen due to the inability of many supposed 'Christians' to even understand what they're actually fighting for.

It's dark and worrisome. May God bless you all. We live in a time of economic prosperity, but that has been balanced out by having to deal with some frighteningly sick social decadence.

You posted Peter but you forget that "if you wish justice for others, you must also wish it for yourself."

Let's be honest. Have any of you fucking pea-brains actually read a single book or are you just repeating the meme-arguments you heard from BlackPigeonSpeaks?

>I'm atheist but I wish everyone else was still Christian.
Pretty much sums up everyone else in our countries. No one wants to actually do it because they're all too tempted by greed and lust, even if they recognise the obvious social value.

Pardon?
I can't be Christian, it's impossible for me.

I don't believe he's ever touched on the subject, so really it's irrelevant.

Also, I'm not sure how my post even remotely relates to what you're implying.

>Have any of you fucking pea-brains actually read a single book or are you just repeating the meme-arguments
Dismissing someone's paragraphs of arguments as memes is the most pathetic and uninteresting form of rebuttal. Come back when you have something to say.

I don't know who that person you talk of is, fwiw.

Reminding reminder that for some reason causes extreme cognitive dissonance in most of you.

“Love your enemy and pray for those who persecute you.”
“Do not use force against an evil man.”
“Do not resist evil with evil.”
“Do not return evil for evil.”
“Overcome evil with good.”
“Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave room for the wrath of God; for it is written, ‘Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.’”

Of course I've read books, why would you think otherwise?
Who the fuck is BlackPigeonSpeaks anyway?

Are you seriously saying you've watched every single one of his videos, you pathetic fucking dweeb?

What arguments? All I see is pontification from pseudo-intellectuals who talk like they think they're characters from Arthurian legend. "I don't know who that person you talk of is"??? Just say "I don't know who that is." Pathetic LARPer moron.

Sloth in the face of evil is nothing more than compliance towards that evil. Anyone with common sense can understand that, and there's nothing in the Christian doctrine against that.

>not knowing Christ is the ultimate redpill.

Shame on you.

>pseudo-intellectuals
Ad hominem. You're too scared to take on the things I said so you attack my character. Boring.

Also, you're a hypocrite. You're complaining about one person for watching someone's videos and another for not knowing who he is.

At least fucking try. You're being laughably stupid.

Explicit commands of your God. Evil is disobeying God. If you diobey God, you are evil.

Preventing an evil from occurring is not evil. It's that simple. Surely you're not too brain-dead to understand that concept, right?

I didn't read your post but I recorded this for you: vocaroo.com/i/s0NQbtw06zuv

>I didn't read your post
Then I'll respond in kind.

"Preventing an evil" is impossible. Evil is intent - it doesn't matter whether the intent is "successfully" followed through or not.

>But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

*THE ENDS. DO NOT. JUSTIFY. THE MEANS.*
Evil is evil - if you commit evil, you sin, and nothing you "accomplish" in that sin matters even in the least - you have done no good, only evil.

>"Preventing an evil" is impossible
>I'm a defeatist.
Then lay on the floor and die, and the rest of us will go on trying to solve the world's problems.

You'll go to hell is what you'll do, disobeying your (not really your, since you don't care for Him in the least) God in everything you do.

You for getting about the time jesus called people out for their shit in public and chased a bunch of jews out of the church with a fucking whip.

Jesus was love. Love isnt always nice.

God is God. God can do whatever He wants - you have to do what God says, or else you're sinning. Have fun sinning - enjoy judgment.

I'll take the word of a Pope over an Americafag anyday when it comes to God's word. You don't understand shit. Read the OT for once in your life and learn its important lesson. Don't worry. There are hundreds of pages of the same lesson being repeated so I'm sure you'll understand it.

read the damn pic

>I'll take the word of the pope
>mfw

Where are those quotes even from? The NIV?

How long do you think I've been here faggot?
What I said applies cocksucker.

Not THAT pope. Urban II.

So the law does not apply to christ?

The Pope? How is the Pope selected again? Some guys get around a room and decide who's gonna be the next voice of god on Earth, then they send out a smoke signal?

The Catholics invented Satan. The most flawed Bible, as far as translations go, is the King James Version.

Matthew 5:39, Luke 6:37, Matthew 5:44, Luke 6:27, Luke 6:3.

Christ is the Law.

biblehub.com/john/13-15.htm

>For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.

Stop distorting the gospel.

>Matthew 5:39, Luke 6:37, Matthew 5:44, Luke 6:27, Luke 6:3.
Read the Sermon on the Mount. If anyone twists Christ's Word, it's you.

Did Jesus Christ have a family?

No.

When He was crucified as the ultimate act of love for the world, He left no children, no wife, no community defenseless in this world. His victory was total

Now, every Christian must allow yourself to be crucified by the world. But there are many ways. Christ gave himself up voluntarily to the Cross. Many Christians have chosen to be martyred.

But, many of us do have women and children who depend on us. We can resist evil in this world for their sake, and indeed we should, because if we let them suffer greatly when we can stop it, that's a sin. If you seek martyrdom and let your daughter of 5 years be orphaned as a result, you haven't really done right. If you let her be enslaved by Muslims, you haven't done right. You can protect people who depend on you and still bear your Cross.

Every Christian must be crucified in some way. There are many ways to be crucified. For example, a gay who remains celibate for his life to honor Christ by obeying Him is crucified. A man who bears great sufferings for his family and for Christ is crucified. We are crucified when we don't indulge in the tempting pleasures of this world for Christ's sake, to follow His example. This doesn't mean one must go meekly to the slaughter though.

Indeed, falling in battle to protect innocent people from enslaving Muslims is a way to be crucified.

Christ undoubtedly asked His father to use His grace to move the money changers in the Temple so they would act with love and respect for God. But that didn't stop Christ from ending their evil doing. Christ undoubtedly has love EVEN FOR THE DEMONS but that isn't stop Christ from CASTING THE DEMONS OUT

GOD EXCEEDS US ALL BEYOND KNOWING. LISTEN TO HIM BEFORE YOU SPEAK.

So the law has to follow itself. And he set the example. He didnt sit idly by. Neither should we. We have been prosperous as a nation because we have followed christ for all these years. if we manage to gete people back into the pews things will get better. Denomination matters not. Christ is what saves.

Christ made moves. Christ went places. He was an excellent example of a good leader. We should be like him.

>LISTEN TO HIM
Hear. Hear.

>so the law has to follow itself
No it doesn't. The law is applied to *YOU*. The law is *NOT* applied to *GOD*, who makes the law to bind *YOU*.
Holy shit people have bum-fuck retarded theology.

Jesus wasn't god you retarded dumbfuck.

>atheist
>morals
>not ethics

Ethics can be inspired through reason, empathy and science. Morality is interwined with dogma. Dogma is the death of growth.

Why come to earth as christ then if the law did apply to him in human form? What was the point then?

Broken record at this point.

did not*

>/ChG/ - Christian General
Oh I'm sorry I must be in the wrong place.

Why would God do anything as opposed to nothing? What a fucking stupid question.

I love these threads. You guys don't need anti-theists or trolls to poo in loo in your own threads. You do it yourselves by fighting against each other.

"NO! MY CHURCH IS THE BEST! NOT YOURS! YOU'RE A HEATHEN AND EVIL"

Just get along already. You guys can't even agree on the basics.

He creates things and their order. His law in the Bible is its law for us. Why in the world do you think it should stand for other things or for the creator itself?

The Fuck?

Thoughts on the freemasons?

Jesus says himself that he has not come to change the laws of hold, and what does he do? He changes the laws of old by removing the idea of an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. I refuse to be cucked by letting enemy's walk all over me. My he rest in piss for having me harm myself.

old*

Establish the good to seek in your ethics and why it should be the good. Using reason and science and empathy of course alone. You can do it, I could do it, but you're going to fuck up badly likely.

way to just read one comment and not the whole thread. Other guy believes that the law did not apply to Jesus. That would mean that jesus either could not sin (and didnt choose not to) or that he was not fully man (by experiencing our temptations the same way that we do). The law applied the Christ.

>not knowing that Calvin and Luther are blue pills

>says himself that he has not come to change the laws of hold, and what does he do? He changes the laws
This would make him a liar. This is incorrect. He fulfilled the law by being one who could perfectly uphold it.

Well now I feel stupid

It happened. Deal with it.

>Establish the good to seek in your ethics and why it should be the good.

What do you mean?

Why would I fuck up if I am applying science? Perhaps we continually learn how to better govern and behave.

Sup Forums reflexes came out. Dont feel stupid. This guy is being obtuse and it gets to me when fuckers do that.

Deal with what? You being wrong. Ok.

There's an entire continment board on 8ch for you faggots

It happened and it's the reason Jesus was forsaken by God.

>"NO! MY CHURCH IS THE BEST! NOT YOURS! YOU'RE A HEATHEN AND EVIL"
Any man who puts his denomination above his faith has lost sight of his first love and needs to return and do the first works again. It happens to all of us. Alot. And you are right about the infighting. People dont realize that we can disagree about the minor stuff but as long as we agree on the major stuff its all good.

The devil is in the details

>What do you mean?

What is the thing sought in ethics to you? Come on, man, it's not hard. What are you dictating your ethics by? For instance, a utilitarian seeks a lack of suffering. However it only does this by an appeal to popularity - an emotional appeal - rather than dictating why a lack of suffering is the good by reason.

>love your enemy and pray for those who persecute you

Yes, what's the problem here? See: story of Saint Joan praying with the wounded and dying of the English after defeating them in battle

>Do not use force against an evil man
Voluntarily giving yourself over to suffering is spiritually good (this is why we fast). But don't be an intellectually dishonest queer and quote this verse then ignore John 18:36, Luke 3:14, Romans 13:3 & 4, John 2:15, Peter 2:13

If we apply your logic, we can never go to church because Christ said its good to pray alone in a room with no one in it

We were given the whole Gospels and the whole Bible for a reason senpai. We follow them in their entirety, we don't pick little bits. Yes, it is good to ignore the bullshit people do to you 99% of the time. No one seriously believes that makes it ok to let Muslims rape your daughter (see Jesus' comment about the little ones and putting millstones around people's necks and casting them into the sea)

>Do not resist evil with evil/return evil for evil

Well, yeah. If someone does something evil, you shouldn't also do something evil because you're mad. Protecting yourself and preventing further harm isn't evil

Do you believe in the trinity?

>Why come to earth as christ then if the law did apply to him in human form? What was the point then?
Fucking brilliant question from a brilliant "Christian".

Please continue suffering extreme cognitive dissonance at the *EXPLICIT* commands of your God that make you feel uncomfortable.

I believe in God. That is all.

Christian Generals hold some of the most well thought out conversations on Sup Forums

Done with you nigga. You have no intention of having conversation you just wish to stir up division.

This guy has it right. Self defense is not evil. Our commandment is to not murder. Difference between murder and killing.

>worshiping a zombie that wants you to eat his flesh

And they call us crazy?

John 18:36 validates my position. John 2:15 validates my position.
1 Peter and Romans are Pauline garbage.

>Protecting yourself and preventing further harm isn't evil
"But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also."

Self-delusional escapism. Your God commands you to die if someone else want to take your life if you cannot get away before you return violence for violence. *To. Die.*
Fucking weakling shits who can't handle the commands of their God, enjoy hell.

Sorry, I didn't understand because your comment was using poetry.

Why not apply whatever fits to each situation? If someones dying from a terrible illness, you help them pass more quickly. The situation here is about alleviating suffering. It's not just an emotional appeal. Although emotion does play a role. Why shouldn't it? We are emotional beings. We can feel the pain of others and we try to bring the most reasonable means of alleviating a situation, that if we were in that situation, to escape it. We then apply science on exactly how this is done and if psychology has anything to do with their wanting to die. That's why psychiatrists get involved when this decision is being made. It's combining every method we can to get the best result possible. We are human creatures. Using our philosophies, logic, science, yes even empathy helps us to figure this complex situation.

Our own world exists to ourselves. We are homo sapien sapiens and we study this both detached and emotionally.

Enjoy cognitive dissonance in hell.

We will disagree all day then. Read the book of Acts. Dont ignore the Holy spirit. And none go to the father but through Christ Jesus. You cant have a relationship with God and not his Son. Thats what the Jews want. Look how thats working out for them...

I believe that Jesus was fully God and Fully Man at the same time.

People are too stupid for anything other than dogma enforced morals, that's why I miss Christianity being popular.

The morals of Christianity set a base for what we deem is "Redpilled" in a sense.
Christianity revolves around preserving tradition and has had a very big role in shaping the morals of western civilization.

How can I join a church? I barely make my rent each month and I am not sure I can afford 10% of my paycheck.

Yeah, they care coming out on top in all aspects of life.

Self defense is much different than killing someone.
Taking the life of another human being should be avoided, though.