What is the greatest action film of the past 20 years, in your honest opinion?

What is the greatest action film of the past 20 years, in your honest opinion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7_bVVN3nWDs
youtube.com/watch?v=TazlEr6pIMk
youtube.com/watch?v=CztxQIn5ZhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=LP_ZE03_yRo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Crank 2

the one you posted and the raid 2.

raid 1 is way better nerd

The rock

13 Assassins had some amazing fights

your moms pussy is way better.

Ninja Assassin

inception

The Rock was 21 years ago.

13 hours

the matrix

This.
John Wick series comes close.

District 9.

It's not the best by any stretch but the turret scene in Hardcore Henry is pretty great.

youtube.com/watch?v=7_bVVN3nWDs

Kingsman

not this piece of shit

Dredd 2012. No discussion about it, the science is settled.

It definitely had great chemistry in the group.

I honestly think that Raid 2 was literally shit, way over the top and it tried too hard to be "le serious big deep movie".

Raid 1 is absolute /kino/. Perfectly not pretentious, no bullshit, just action.

I dunno what it is but newer action movies don't feel right, sure they are sometimes pretty good movies but they can't offer the cheesy purity of peak 80s action.

This or The Raid

Pic related

Other great ones are The Matrix, 13 Assassins, Drug War, Snowpiercer, Why Don't You Play in Hell, Heat, Miami Vice

Oh and forgot to mention Crank 2
Raid was straight to the point. Raid 2 tried to be this operatic gangster movie except the writing couldn't carry it, it was all cliches. It's great when Evans gets back to what he's good at for the final hour or so. But a Raid movie should never have been 2.5 hours. Pretentious as hell.

Entirely this.

Time and Tide is

Apocalypto

The Matrix is still the most culturally relevant action movie of the last 20 years.

Raid 2 was way too overblown, 1 was great.

This and Exiled

Pleb filters

why did they went full animu with the bad guys?

Obviously it's the Matrix. These fuckers are high.

>9 seconds latee

Kek fpbp right out of the gate

Crank 2 is beautiful insanity and retardation

Plus it had some of the weirdest cameos in Chester Bennington and Maynard James Keenan

I would honestly just split it into their own genres. Im actually rather sick of looking for new action movies and everyone recommends the same movies from the 80s when there are alot of other good movies of late.

Damn, I didnt know Sup Forums loved crank 2 this much. Why this one instead of the first?

Was it kino?
youtube.com/watch?v=TazlEr6pIMk

Idk but I enjoyed mel gibsons blood father a whole lot more than fury road

Pure fun kino

PROBably go with Raid 1.

I was pretty surprised when I first watched it. 2 is probably a better film and had hammer girl but I still prefer 1

Wish the Director would do more stuff.

Furry Road was great except for the last 3rd of the film

Was going to say Terminator II but then realized that it is much older than 20 years by now, as am I.

What was wrong with the last third of fury road?

Too many great ones to decide. But MMFR does come to mind. ROTK, I consider action, Oldboy is also great. First season of Daredevil had some kino fight scenes.

Fury Road was good, but it blew its load too early with the Sandstorm and the Second Chase sequence. Everything after is forgettable apart from The Bullet Farmer.

I'd honestly have to go with pic related, honestly. I can't do pure action flicks, there needs to be some substance and character going on or I can't get into it. Also I'm a sucker for Guy Ritchie's style, his frantic action sequences never seem convoluted or nauseating.

youtube.com/watch?v=CztxQIn5ZhQ

Felt it was a cool build up and then they just turn around and drop a mountain on Joe.
Just a bit of a let down .

Definitely not pic related.

which one?

The Raid

Forrest GUMP
The vietnam section was truly spine-chilling and a white-knuckle ride filled with excitement.
An unsurpassed film filled to the brim with action, simply look at the scenes where Forrest runs, from the boys on bikes at first then the guys in the truck.
Now as for the effects; again cutting edge and some of the best the past two decades had to offer, look at the lieutenant's legs! How could effects like that be topped.
Prove me wrong
>checkmate

Fury Road was the best of at least the last ten years, but Road Warrior is the best of all time

My initial thought was The Rock, but when I realised it's too old I was unsure, but The Mummy and either of the new Sherlock Holmes films are both solid choices.

youtube.com/watch?v=LP_ZE03_yRo