ITT we remember the humble beginnings of the New 52 and the greatness it brought us

ITT we remember the humble beginnings of the New 52 and the greatness it brought us.

Other urls found in this thread:

hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/morganagod/116450/Starfire-is-awesome
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I loved catwomans entire run
Rebirth canceled her
That makes me a sad panda

Dial H was cool

Her run was 90% shit, that's some bad taste. I'm fine with them taking a break from her. She is fun, but not fun enough to sustain a constant monthly.

Still no idea what were they thinking.

Johns' Aquaman run.
The Flash by Manapul.

Am I missing anything else?

Dial H, Swamp Thing and Animal Man. So... Vertigo books, Aquaman and Flash.

Batman & Robin run by Tomasi. Fucking DOPE

The mess that was Jon/Kon

I know comics aren't ONLY for children and all, but the idea of Batman and Catwoman having Red Shoe Diaries level sex on panel in a mainline book just makes me uncomfortable.

Which is odd, because I loved those unused pages where Selina realizes Batman is Bruce and strips naked on his front lawn. But this page always weirded me the fuck out.

It baffles me that editorial wouldent let selina know his identity but we're fine with luthor figuring it out.

And the way luthor figured it out just highlighted how retarded it was that more people dident figure it out from that.

every now and then someone at DC pitches something like this and it gets through
green team
the movement
telos
bloodlines
klarion

And absolutely nobody asked for those. Klarion at least has 5 fans, pretty sure I saw his picture on avatars elsewhere. But who gives flying fuck about Telos and Bloodlines?
Then again, I thought same thing about Sugar & Spice in Legends of Tomorrow and I changed my mind so hard.

The sex scene was just there to shock people. It doesn't help that the comic was written by a pretty mediocre writer. Since then, the shock has worn off and Winick's run is viewed as disposable.

Animal Man #1

That was 100% "great idea, incredibly draggy execution"

Earth 2 until #35 or so.

this.

It did have a lot of great comics, but that's despite the New 52 not because of it. Everyone forgets how slapped together and poorly planned it was.

It got pretty shit after #12

Rememebr when they gave Power girl a shitty outfit and got her blacked?

Dial H is great but #13 was really something special in and of itself. Stealthily one of the best Batman stories in recent memory.

this and forever evil in general

>Open-Window Man will never have an ongoing

Mah stripperfu.

It hurts every day

Speaking of rebirths...

Sinestro, by Bunn of all people, it's easily a 8/10 comic as a whole.

Surely we cannot forget this

so is new 52 animal man actually good

Yep.

It was until Rotworld.

It was good after Rotworld too, Rotworld was just a big stain on the book in the middle.

It was good while it was coming out, but with Rotworld, and the stuff that came after, it's hard to enjoy now.

Here's what I don't get, if Geoff Johns supposedly doesn't like Batman, and loves Green Lantern, why did he have Batman make Hal look like the biggest punkass bitch that ever was the first chance he got?

No amount of stupid retcons are going to make him anything but Superman to me.

I keep seeing this page. Never read the book it's from. Did Bruce build up his identity, as if Hal would be shocked by who it is, for three pages or something?

>WHO THE HELL'S BRUCE WAYNE?
>I...I am. I'm Bruce Wayne.
>Oh. Okay. I'm Hal.

you could sneak this page into ASBAR and nobody would be the wiser

It wasn't that bad

You could sneak it into pretty much any pre-rebirth Hal Jordan story too.

did he ever show up in anything except futures end

Its from Justice League #1. There was no build up at all.

New 52 is what got me into comics do it will always have a sweet spot in my heart

Bruce is just trying to get him to work with the rest of them. He pulls the 'we're both just normal dudes' card and takes his mask off
He gives his backstory and then jumps onto a parademon or something

It's from the first Justice League storyline in the New 52. Hal and Bruce had been bagging on each other the entire time, and Bruce finally revealed his identity as a way to show that he and Hal were more alike than he thought and needed to stick together.

Only Hal wasn't keeping up on current events so he legitimately had no idea who Bruce Wayne was. There's another page later where Clark points out Bruce is a billionaire and Hal is even more confused.

JL, some of early issues. Like, Hal doesn't trust anyone and wants to beat Darkseid all alone, Batman starts talking with Hal and all of sudden his pulls his mask off.

He's in one page of rebirth but in his old duds I think.

It was a clusterfuck but it was fun and necessary.

Tomasi's work on GLC was great.

>new writer comes in
>kills off the entire cast

I wonder if that pissed off Marz.

First arc, yes, but it was like issue five or six.

Pre New 52 it was nice but his New52 run sucked.

On this thread of thought, fuck whoever fucked up static and blue beetle and Mr terrific. This was a chance to get some good minority heroes and everybody fucked up tremendously

Also earth two was great for all of a year

Klarion was great.

My biggest disappointment with this run it that it was more about the supporting cast than Wonder Woman herself.

blue beetle was so fucking bad the new run solicit basically says it never happened

>New 52 Batsuit behaving like fabric

Triggered

I doubt he cares. He knows the game of writing for Big Two.

The supporting cast acted like one to construct Wonder Woman
That's why you don't have endless internal monologues

Wish this had gone somewhere

I didn't even know Klarion had a book in the New 52 til now. I would've grabbed that shit so hard, I love that little asshole.
I kinda stopped following Earth 2 pretty early on and I'm increasingly glad I did because it feels like the book and the entire fucking world just became a massive shit hole in the worst way pretty fast.

We're talking about a comic books. Comics books have art. That's just traced shit with words slapped on top.

They keep having ample chances to reboot/clean up Gemworld, yet they keep passing over it.

This and issue #13 of Sandman are two of my favorite single issues. I know sandman is irrelevant to this thread, but I thought it was a weird coincidence they're both #13s.

so great it didn't even get a trade

Was enjoying Aquaman quite a bit until the Justice League crossover shat everything up.

The new Black Manta/Aquaman relationship was pretty great what with them murdering each other's dads.

The hypercrisis is real and all that jazz.

Add this to my list mentioned in But noooo we have to have thirteen bat family books and Batman earth one as well

Because sales=quality. And fuck you it bothers me that it's one of the very few recent stuff without a trade.

Phantom Lady and Doll Man could've been a cute couple comic

>13*4=52

It never went anywhere

Grayson
Red Lanterns
Azz's Wonder Woman
Batman Inc
I Vampire

I remember the Static Shock creative team hating each other; certainly did the comic no favors.

I need to find me a copy of the old gemworld stuff

Has any of it been collected besides as a Showcase title?

Zero Year was good

Slutfire was fun
It was better then it's counter series, the movement.

That was a big problem they wanted to have exactly 52 launch titles but weren't willing to cut back on the number of bat books to do it.
I like bats but in this case he got in the way

Better than Dumbfire at least.

What happened to little ol Superboy in the end?

Are you retarded or just pretending?

>there are 2 more #13s waiting to be added to my favorites list
I must find them.

At least they tried and crashed and burned [\spoiler]

Not, she wasn't She was a terrible character and made no fucking sense whatsoever.

You guys have terrible taste.

screw you. this was a fucking masterpiece in terms of art, compared to all the previous teams

The titans curse happened.

I wish they would do more cosmic stuff like this, of course they had to shove in a GL but he was cool.

I don't see how the other artists have any influence whatsoever on the book. Traced shit is traced shit. Being a Green Arrow fag must be tough - you are so thirsty for good content that you hang onto crap like Sorrentino.

Also Demon Knights, Amethyst, Martian Manhunter and Curse of Shazam

Post the full image

Is Dumbfire the Starfire we have now?
So he is dead now?

That shitty Static comic lost them the rights to all the Milestone characters.

hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/morganagod/116450/Starfire-is-awesome

Enjoy

All of these plus Midnighter and Omega Men.

Demon Knights and Amethyst fucking sucked donkey's balls.

No it was retarded they changed her character for no good reason at all.

I think he popped up in some later Supergirl issues, but basically yeah.

It's funny how her solo was supposed to fix the character, yet she acted like a borderline retard most of the time, and spent every other issue in various states of undress. Not that I'm complaining, Luppachino's are was great. But it is perplexing.

It'll be interesting to see how the new Titans book handles her.