Remember when the Exiles mattered?

...Neither does Hussie

Other urls found in this thread:

mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005532
twitter.com/AnonBabble

DUDE
I LOVE THE MAYOR
HOW COULD ANYONE EVER FORGET THE MAYOR?

They were the focus of the last panels of the comic so... pretty sure they mattered.

>you foolishly though the end of Homestuck would be the end of Homestuck threads

I think the meeting up of the four kids is the bigger sin of "things that should have happened or mattered but Andrew dropped the fucking ball."

this op image is an abortion. andrew did a pretty fucking good job of never making jack or pm look like furries apart from that one frame in cascade. why does their fanart have to be so god awful

The ending PM and WV got was alright but I hated how WV basically became a quirky pet of the kids and trolls for god knows how long. And that in the end Bec Noir got away with murdering AR and the white monarchs, not to mention own CD, but Slick died.

So was Dad but I don't see anyone claiming that he matters

i always enjoyed the weird lopsided relationships between chess people and the kids

He still called Snoop Lion?

What happened to that guy that was making a Homestuck VN Maker?

>jade literally missed the entire meetup by being asleep

Which sides win?

>missed ya

>never got a 4 kid convo
>never got an 8 kid convo
I don't think we even got John, Rose and Dave having a conversation

right and probably right

so could someone remind me how exactly gamzee wound up with caliborn?

he was in the fridge on lotak when it went through the jack black hole which takes him to earth in time to raise the cherubs

Is this loss?

>jack black hole
I thought that was just an explosion.

whats the opinion of Sup Forums on facts like the jack black hole taking gamzee/yaldabaoth/the crowbar to earth? its not clearly shown by the text, but once you work it out its absolutely certain. is it fun to solve these puzzeles yourself or should it have been explicit?

it's something that should have been shown in comic.

>is it fun to solve these puzzeles yourself or should it have been explicit?
both
how many mystery novels do you know of that end just before the detective declares the culprit

I think they're great when done correctly through the use of clues of small acknowledgements. It's one of the big strengths of the comic that rewarded people for paying attention to even the small things. The problems arise when it's not acknowledged at all, it becomes informed guess work and it will always leave some doubt as to if it was the actual case, which isn't as enjoyable in the long run, particularly right at the end of the comic.

I don't think there's anything wrong with not showing it so long as there's room within the audience's understanding of the text.

What's the jack black hole?

ahaha thats actually a pretty good description of the end of homestuck.

i feel like whether or not we enjoyed it theres some level of consensus in hst on what actually happened in the ending but im pretty fucking sure that 95%+ of the fanbase have literally no idea

In Collide, when Dave sliced off Union Jack's head it exploded and likely became some form of miniature black hole.

The explosion from union jack's head that takes a chunk out of LOTAK

who ARADIA here

Yeah, once the vocal disappointment winded down people quickly started piecing together what likely happened given what was already known from Caliborn's masterpiece. It's still bullshit we didn't fucking see it confirmed in even the tiniest of sense, but style won out over substance on that one.

Does this mean Lord English can make black holes?

It doesn't mean anything

poor aradia, that psoriasis looks pretty awful

Perhaps? Calliope was able to make one, but that's almost assuredly due to her position as a Muse of Space.

I think it's more likely that it was just a backlash from LE's powers being disconnected so abruptly, resulting in an explosive ending, concentrated in that one spot enough to generate a black hole.

Dad didn't defeat one of the main villains though.

Seeing as Calliope could make one when the plot called for it, despite being the least logical character to be able to accomplish such a feat, I would say yes, LE could make a black hole anytime Andrew wanted to side step any issue.

surely a master of space would be the absolute most logical character to be creating a black hole

it's not without precedent either, given that Union Jack randomly exploded into a black hole just by being decapitated

If I had to give my best guess, it might be the energy of the CLOCKWORK MAJYKKS being released and warping time-space in the area, with the destination of the warphole "coincidentally" leading to Earth in the new universe.

Calliope is the Muse of Space, though. So manipulating space would be a logical power of hers. Just like how fate bends to Caliborn's will and coincidences upon coincidences pile up on top of each other and arrange themselves according to Caliborn's intentions.

A MUSE of Space, the most passive class in SBURB. Passive classes aren't the master of anything, they are the servant of their aspect, and are directed by it, but don't wield it. So suddenly crunching a Universe wide amount of it in the most destructive act in the entire comic seems out of place.

One that leads to Caliborn's session before he arrived, for no discernable reason.

>A MUSE of Space, the most passive class in SBURB. Passive classes aren't the master of anything, they are the servant of their aspect, and are directed by it, but don't wield it. So suddenly crunching a Universe wide amount of it in the most destructive act in the entire comic seems out of place.
Rose shoots bolts of white light, user.

although we call it a black hole, the jack explosion couldnt have ACTUALLY been a black hole, otherwise at that size it would have eaten the whole of skaia and the session in seconds flat. just some sort of time/space jump from the clockwork majyyks going bang as said

Which ACTUALLY comes from her wands, unlike Eridan who had a purposely useless wand.

ACTUALLY

Not really, no. They're just needles. Very sharp, but otherwise, the magic always came from her. Same when she got the "grimdarkness". It was never from the wands, but from her all along.

I'd shoot my bolts of white at rose if you know what I mean.

It was from her wands like flames from flamethrower
She wasn't channeling her light powers through the wand, the game's mechanics allowed her to equip and use specific weapons according to her class
When her mythological role changed to reflect her emotions, the weapon changed to suit that

She only got beam from hand powers once she went god tier, and even then, god tiers still equip weapons because weapons can have various effects
See John beating up Condy with Dave's hammer

No. It was not from her wands. She even acknowledged it herself how silly it was for her to think that alchemizing her book with some needles would produce a weapon with the ability to shoot out magic. It was NEVER from her wands. This was acknowledged within the story.

You saw what Roxy did, didn't you? Aside from creating blocks of stuff to attack, she also created an actual vacuum in the fight against the Condesce.

You're thinking of something Doc Scratch mentioned. He never actually stated it, just asked a bunch of leading questions.

mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005532

you would expect a muse to be able to 'inspire' their element to act, though, given the title. the conductor's baton goes along with that - shes not the one playing the music/making the black hole, just calling for it at the required moment.

No that's dumb and misleading
She should be more curious about how she's able to generate matter and various items simply from Data
She was in a video game
Only like 3 people ever realized that they were in a video game
This was "acknowledged" within the story by a known liar and charlatan who is constantly misleading people
John doesn't have time powers, so why was he able to fight Condy using Dave's weapon if the weapon itself didn't have time powers

>John doesn't have time powers, so why was he able to fight Condy using Dave's weapon if the weapon itself didn't have time powers
See [S] Collide like 4 minutes and 30 seconds in

Yes but Rox

>She should be more curious about how she's able to generate matter and various items simply from Data
Well it's not data. It's grist. Literal building blocks of creation. The alchemizers just help to give form to the girst in specific ways.

>This was "acknowledged" within the story by a known liar and charlatan who is constantly misleading people
Don't be a dumbass. Doc Scratch doesn't tell any boring lies. These are leading questions, but that doesn't mean you should automatically treat them to be false. You're like a fucking animal who can't react differently after experiencing something once. Use your head.

>John doesn't have time powers, so why was he able to fight Condy using Dave's weapon if the weapon itself didn't have time powers
Because it belonged to Dave's Denizen. And what the hell is wrong with you. Why would he not be able to fight the Condesce?

>It's grist. Literal building blocks of creation. The alchemizers just help to give form to the girst in specific ways
Within the video game universe that allows for Data allocation and the quick and easy matter to energy transformation with no real mess
You do realize that you can't just make energy into matter and matter into energy by pressing a button, right?
It's obviously a video game mechanic

>Don't be a dumbass
How about you don't be a dumbass
Scratch doesn't tell boring lies, but he doesn't reveal entire truths. Purposefully withholding information is still lying

>Because it belonged to Dave's Denizen
It's still just a hammer

>Why would he not be able to fight the Condesce
He would, but he wouldn't have time powers. He stopped the Condesce's time like Aradia did Jack.

Why the hell did Dave spend a lot of time trying to get boondollars on his planet?

Nobody knows, especially not hussie

>Knitting needles?
>An inexpensive figurine of some fictional fellow with long whiskers?
>A simple textbook on the zoologically dubious?
>Why would this mundane combination of objects grant a child such an alarming mastery over dark forces all at once?

And yet with a poster, some bedsheets, and a rifle, Jade made a gun that could shoot mini green suns. Alchemy is powerful stuff.

Within the video game universe that allows for Data allocation and the quick and easy matter to energy transformation with no real mess
You do realize that you can't just make energy into matter and matter into energy by pressing a button, right?
It's obviously a video game mechanic
Are you one of those people who gets confused over the fact that existence represents its propagation through video games and that you believe someone has to have made Sburb?

>Scratch doesn't tell boring lies, but he doesn't reveal entire truths. Purposefully withholding information is still lying
You're still being such a dumbass. Scratch reveals real information through leading questions too, user. Like I said, you're conveniently treating everything as false for yourself.

Give me a concrete reason why those lasers had to have originate from the weapons Rose alchemized that's not derived from your autistic inflexibility. I don't believe you're mentally capable of that, seeing as how you're incapable of correct syntax and formatting. But hey. Knock yourself out. Have fun jumping through all those mental hoops on your own.

>It's still just a hammer
No it's not.

So he could send a bunch of them to past Terezi to complete a loop. It's how the trolls find them in the first place.

>jade could
I think you're missing the key component here

Name a better ship than John/Lalondes

You're both wrong and stupid.

The magic never came from the wands, OR from her. It came from the horrorterrors.

Dave/Lalondes

what does english actually do once he's made it into a universe, if he doesn't eat it? is its destruction both the method of entry and the only goal, in standard lord english mobius reacharound style?

have we ever seen english destroy something that wasn't a dreambubble?

Karkat/eternal despair
Karkat/suicide
Karkat/Vriska's 8ig futa 8ulge

Different thing. It's not magic.

Personal Interpretation
:^)
THANKS FOR PLAYINH

hes supposed to have gone through a bajillion universes in between getting sealed in cal and bursting outta our doc scratch in the green sun.

>Are you one of those people who gets confused over the fact that existence represents its propagation through video games and that you believe someone has to have made Sburb?
Are you one of those people who ignores the fact that it propagates through video games because it is a video game

>You're still being such a dumbass.
You're an even bigger one. Scratch tells people what he wants them to know because only he knows everything. You're conveniently treating everything as truth for your own argument.

>Give me a concrete reason why those lasers had to have originate from the weapons Rose alchemized that's not derived from your autistic inflexibility
The reason is because it's a video game. You can call me autistic, but really your argument resembles that of an autist. For the same reason rose could combine knitting needles with a wizard statue and get glowing knitting needles, a process that deeply resembles a video game mechanic and is presented to the audience AS a video game mechanic in a universe with a video game that literally edits reality. There's no scientific reason behind it because it's essentially magic. Rose can shoot beams of light from her palm for the same reason that the wands can shoot beams of light. It's a video game. It was never explained in detail because Hussie is a hack who says "it's magic, but it's not magic, but it is, but magic is for losers so let's not call it magic."
But of course, you being an autist, cannot accept that the logic "it's a video game" as an answer.
You never see Jade, Jake, or whomever that uses guns actually reload their ammo. Especially when it fires bullets. They don't take ammo because ammo is essentially infinite

>No it's not.
You're right, but we aren't given the information about hephaestus to know anything about his weapons.
But what is honestly the difference between something Rose alchemized and something John fed through his alchemizer

Nah, they just corrupted her and gave her a boost, given how her abilities post-Godtier are still related to rainy imagery.

>shooting suns isn't magic

Everything in Sburb is magic. Remember that one convo between karkat and Kanaya, where she asks if magic is real and he just starts ranting about what a stupid question that is given the circumstances?

We are talking about a magical game that teleports kids into a magical universe and gives them magical powers. The distinction between real magic and fake magic is meaningless, that's the joke.

I wasn't aware being a xeno cocksleve was related to rain imagery.

Yeah but we never see that
And Cal makes a giant loop that goes from the various universes he appears in
And we can track the loop because Cal has an appearance that doesn't actually change inbetween the times we see him enter various universes

But what's really weird is why we only ever see one alternate version of caliborn and only 1 ghost version of calliope

It is when you're getting a facial from 50 meters away

Everyone has it wrong.

Rose philosophized over this back during the 3-year trip on the meteor, when she was talking about apples and ideas.

By combining ideas, new things are created.

It's not that combining random stuff can't create cool, powerful stuff. Scratch's questions were meant to easily convince Rose of the true source of her powers. Just like with Eridan, it was all based on her belief of what she's capable of. It's the same way with John, who tried out different things because he thought he could do them like a drillnado and transforming into the wind itself.

The source of Rose's powers came from herself, not the wands. That's the difference with the Green Sun Sweeper.

The clouds and rain that trailed behind her, user.

8IG

kat...... nep.........

FUTA

Doc Scratch was being deliberately misleading about the "countless universes" thing.

Why are you such a rube? I was being facetious. But I'll go ahead and answer you seriously anyway.

Besides that, you're the one who doesn't understand. There's no such thing as magic because everything is a natural process to be exploited. The kids' abilities are a result of their very being. Magic is science is nature. There was never magic because what they thought couldn't be done could be done all along. How they work differs, whether it's through soul fuckery, their natural abilities, or the exploitation of existing energies and materials. Whatever.

Try to act think more abstractly. If there's to be a distinction made at all, it's in how the action is achieved.

>who tried out different things because he thought he could do them like a drillnado and transforming into the wind itself
So why are seers the only ones who can predict the future? I mean, you see the decision pathway network being displayed with their aspect as a sort of color motif like pic related as a mind seer.

Wouldn't any class be able to do that simply if they thought they could do it?
Wouldn't any class be able to turn into their aspect, like john does wind, if they thought they could do it?
And if that is the case, why wouldn't people try copying those powers like how all the beta kids learned how to alchemize by doing what John did?

it definitely happened though, its referred to by both scratch and caliborn. cal must have either kept the derse dreamer outfit for his entire eternal romp through spacetime or just reset his appearance every time he got summoned into a universe. hes beat up as shit when caliborn has him, but then hes clean and fresh when he comes out of the void in daves dream room.

caliborn says it too. also, scratch doesnt lie so if he says something explicitly like that its a fact

>So why are seers the only ones who can predict the future? I mean, you see the decision pathway network being displayed with their aspect as a sort of color motif like pic related as a mind seer.
I'm not saying anyone can do anything. I mean for what they are. HOWEVER, yes, different class/aspect combinations can achieve close to or the same exact results as others. This is known to be true.

>There was never magic because what they thought couldn't be done could be done all along
You're getting too hung up on the notion of vagueness that you reject any specifics or names.
Basically, magic is real in the sense that you can do crazy shit and you have powers, but you don't have to call it magic because magic is it's "true name" because it doesn't actually matter people do it anyway

Why would you take anything that somebody with no face says at face value? Or Cali "RED HERRINGS COuRSE THROuGH MY VEINS" Born for that matter?

>I'm not saying anyone can do anything
You already said that Rose can shoot out beams of light see:
>The source of Rose's powers came from herself, not the wands

But I want to address something you said here that I must have missed

>Just like with Eridan, it was all based on her belief of what she's capable of
Canonically, that's only Hope players and/or Pages if you want to get into technicalities

Nep's not for spooky, she's for cute.

pretty fucking kawaii

HE
DOES
NOT
LIE

>You already said that Rose can shoot out beams of light see:
How does that relate? It's related to her ability as the Seer of Light. She shoots light. She can see through stuff. She can see the future. She can probably see through infrared or colors only pistol shrimps are capable of seeing. The point of what I'm saying is that they have a wide berth over the interpretation of their role's abilities.

>Canonically, that's only Hope players and/or Pages if you want to get into technicalities
No. You're ignoring the entire point I'm making. Which I've just illustrated.

its literally the entire point of scratchs character that he only tells the truth. its the reason hes good! scratch does not lie. if he says english went through countless universes, he did