Okay/good tier shows with total garbage animation thread

Okay/good tier shows with total garbage animation thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M5pkaWp8Xso
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How is this acceptable or popular? Also, why isn't RWBY Sup Forums?

Shit like SAints Row 2

because it does not originate from japan, simply inspired by anime much like avatar

yeah, i hate it

TWELVE OZ MOUSE TWELVE OZ MOUSE

luck wasn't fortunate enough to leave those retards contained to Sup Forums.

It's some pretty pleb shit though.

Sup Forumsutism
Anyhow, I enjoy Rwby. Objectively, its quite shit, but something about watching someone put an honest effort and yet fail is entertaining to me. There's nothing malicious about it either, it's quite endearing.

Holy shit, is that show made in Gary's Mod?

The real problem is some retard mod decided to wipe the containment general a week before the spin off show aired as well as the new season of a show the same company also makes. Now its everywhere instead of contained.

Close, Goddamn Poser.
Thanks Monty. At least they're finally moving to Maya.

China, IL has some decent animation, but it's no early Neely.

Posting obvious

His early comic stuff is underrated

But it's neither okay or good.

>watch the webm

This is made by the people who did Red vs Blue right?

Detentionaire.

Jesus, remind me of the shit people make on gmod only with less quality.

>Cherrypicking a notoriously bad scene and editing it to be even worse
RWBY's animation fluctuates in quality, this was from the next episode

god all of that looks disgusting.

the characters are all over designed. it's revolting. it's the 15 year old deviant artist syndrome where they think that adding accessories means 'more personality'. also nunchuck guns are really dumb.

Nobody involved with this show has any talent whatsoever.

>Considers this good
I'm very sorry for your lack of actual vision. You must live a very sad life user.

>White open shirt and jeans is over-designed
Nigga uwat?

Ok that does look a hell of a pot better

The animation style still doesent suit the kind of action they are trying to perform and I'm not sure what the fuck they were thinking choosing it but at least it's not as bad as it seems in the op

>One of the ex-animators of the show made a huge letter so pissed about them moving to Maya.
>Wanted to stay using shit-ass Poser because M-MUH MONTY WANTED IT
>Fans were actually stupid enough to rally with him.

The fact they are learning from their mistakes should be a good thing. I guess people are just dumb.

*A hell of a lot bertter

>that
>overdesigned
user, THIS is overdesigned

>popped collar
>necklace
>pants chain
>weird gauntlet things that seem to serve no purpose
>one pant let always up
>TAIL

You don't make 'cool' characters by adding all these random 'unique' quirks and throwing them together. It's nauseating.

nunchuck guns on zidane are you serious

>>nunchuk guns are dumb
>>out

Do you find any character that isn't wearing a plain shirt and pants 'nauseating'?

What makes RWBY so popular despite it being shit?

- It's from RT
- Monty Oum
- Monty's death helped
- Simple plot and characters. Easy to get into.
- Not much is known about the world and how things work, making it easy for headcanons and original characters.
- It's many people's first "anime".

I actually feel like South Park lost something when it started getting better animation quality

There was a charm to the construction paper artstyle early on, but everything looks a little too smooth in the later episodes

neiss

Also, waifus, decent fight and music.

Animation is garbage
Characters are pretty great
Action is fucking godly
ample amount of top tier waifus

That bit with the ruins in season 1 where Ruby scales the cliff face and cuts the bird's head off, everything about that hit and leading up to it was fucking steller.

You forgot one thing:
- waifus
if it wasn't for them nobody woulld watch the show

Look at scooby doo for an example of inspired character design.

All the characters look unique and their appearance reflect their personalities (Velma-Glasses-perceptive/smart: Fred-athletic-cleancut-leader etc..) They're simple, but effective. The physical aspects of the characters serve a purpose. There's a reason why these characters are so enduring.

What purpose do those gauntlets serve to tell you about the character? Or the chain? Or the popped collar? or the pant leg? Nothing whatsoever except that he's suppose to be 'cool'. It's just bad character design. It would still be bad even in the animation was amazing.

weiss is neiss and so is her bff

Because mods said so.

>Complaining about a character named Sun Wukong having a monkey tail

>it's a "Reddit hates RWBY because it's not perfect animation like Rick and Morty" Thread

>What purpose do those gauntlets serve to tell you about the character? Or the chain? Or the popped collar? or the pant leg? Nothing whatsoever except that he's suppose to be 'cool'. It's just bad character design. It would still be bad even in the animation was amazing.
The gauntlets are because he's a fighter. Who uses a polearm. And if you've even used so much as a fucking rake, you'd know that stuff like that is pretty rough on the hands.

As for the rest of his outfit, his appearance of someone who just threw on what happened to be lying around fits his character as someone who gives zero fucks about how he's percieved to others.

The tail is because he's based on Sun Wukong so much that it's his fucking name.

There are a lot of characters in RWBY to sperg out over the design choices the creator's made but Sun really isn't one of them.

because it's not anime

>Reddit
>Not being nearly blind to the show's flaws

Technically it's a staff that splits into nunchucks that are also guns. It's Neptune who has a polearm.

You do realize this is a blue board, right?

>Nunchuck guns

God damn is this a Final Fantasy game or something, that's Squaresoft levels of ridiculous weaponry.

>As for the rest of his outfit, his appearance of someone who just threw on what happened to be lying around fits

Like jeans that happen to have a hole cut out specifically for his tail? give me a break.

Also
>doesn't care about how he's perceived
>but wears jewelry and consciously has his pant let rolled up at all times

It's bad character design through and through. Even if that's better than other examples, it doesn't make it good. It's deviantart-esque. Westerns aping on anime without having the dedication to draw 12 hours a day like the pros in Japan who made the stuff they were inspired by.

There's very little thought that went into to these designs beyond the superficial.

Monty's favorite Final Fantasy was Final Fantasy VIII.

>Like jeans that happen to have a hole cut out specifically for his tail? give me a break.

He's part of a race that has animal parts. He's not the only character in the show with a tail. Clothes to work around those features are kind of a necessity.

>Like jeans that happen to have a hole cut out specifically for his tail? give me a break.
Why the fuck would someone with a MONKEY TAIL not have clothing that accommodates that.

>Also
>>doesn't care about how he's perceived
>>but wears jewelry and consciously has his pant let rolled up at all times
People do that shit for themselves, you know. Not necessarily to impress or turn off anyone else but rather because they just like it.

>Westerns aping on anime without having the dedication to draw 12 hours a day like the pros in Japan who made the stuff they were inspired by.
You're accusing Monty fucking Oum of lacking dedication. Wow.

>He's part of a race that has animal parts. He's not the only character in the show with a tail. Clothes to work around those features are kind of a necessity.

You're only making this contrived garbage sound even stupider.

Not that user, but you're just being picky, now.

Lots of stories have characters with animal bits, and any show with anthropomorphized animals tends to have them with clothes that have a tail sleeve or whatever.

>You're accusing Monty fucking Oum of lacking dedication

Maybe he lacks talent instead. Either way it's plain to see the obvious deficiencies in the product.

And him shoving his tail up his butt when he wears pants is smart? I didn't make the show, man.

Wrong tense when referring to Monty, user.

>Why the fuck would someone with a MONKEY TAIL not have clothing that accommodates that.

He should. They shouldn't just be 20th century jeans with a hole in them.

>People do that shit for themselves, you know. Not necessarily to impress or turn off anyone else but rather because they just like it.

You're just making excuses for bad character design. If you have to stretch to explain why a character has X, why have it at all? Character designs should be simple & intuitive. This characters is neither. Even Johnny Test was a better designed character than this guy. His ugly quirks had a purpose.

>Nuclear symbol on his shirt associates him with science in a 'cool' & 'dangerous' way.
>fire colored hair implies he's impulsive & impetuous, more action than brains

>implying I don't know that it's shit.
>namefagging outside the general during the hiatus
Fuck it, lets go full cancer then.

evrytime I see a clip of RWBY i always think "this might look ok once they finish it" before realizing it's the final product

I see what you did there.

cel shading will never stop looking like shit

Its not a stretch that a shifty vagabond would just cut a hole in his jeans to save cash.
Although I get what you're trying to say. Most of Rwby's character designs are there just to look cool and don't say much about the character.

Steven Universe.

Not to speak ill of the dead but I haven't seen a single thing Monty did that I actually liked.

Never seen it. Heard it was SJW trash and cancer. Not sure if that's true but I still don't wanna risk it.

I noticed on The Venture Bros they have a lot of above the waist shots on they don't have to animate leg movements. The first season also had a lot of disembodied hands gripping chins so they didn't have to animate arm movements.

The fandom is literal SJW trash and cancer. The show itself is alright, they're is in fact less then subtle metaphors about gays and shit but it's not to bad and it's not like what Sup Forums says where they're all perfect and right and the charterers are frequently shown to be bastards.

Animation ranges from decent to absolutely god awful, this is because the show doesn't have a consistent rule or art bible and artists can take some liberties. Sometimes it works but other times it doesn't at all since some of the artists can't draw for shit and it really fucking shows.

But don't Flash shows have copy and paste templates so the artists don't have to draw? Or is that just for Simpsons and Family Guy?

Ehh, I'll give it a shot, but I don't have high hopes that I'll enjoy it.

It took me several episodes to get into it, personally. I only kept going because I saw a clip of some of the music from later episodes and really enjoyed it, so I knew it would get better. I'd recommend going through the whole first season before passing judgment.

Holy shit, what is this abomination?

Its in the filename.
As I said earlier, is why I enjoy it. I don't know why anyone else would besides maybe waifus.

RWBY Volume 1 Episode 15

>Animation is garbage
>Action is fucking godly
How do these two coexist in rwby?

The quality jumps up and down like a goddamn kangaroo.

Yeah but at least in Darksiders they play off the overdesign'edness as a joke. They dont take is seriously, and embrace the ridiculousness of it all.

Ry/by or whatever is Sup Forums and yet Steven universe isn't for 9 months out of the year

This is why mods need a purge

>Nunchuck guns
>Gunchucks

O-ok I have a boner. I may not be hooked don the show but that actually got me excited

So is this show made in Garry's mod?

RWBY. And technically, the RWBY/RT general got sent to /trash/ as well.

Rick and Morty looks like shit, I didn't watch it until earlier this year because I couldn't stand the ugly style of the show.

Also Bob's Burgers, why do they all look like anthropomorphic earth worms.

>it's a "it's a" post

why the hell does this show have no lighting or shadows or anything. it looks so god damn ugly

The Life and Times of Tim obviously. But it's for grownups so no one on Sup Forums knows what it is.

Aqua Teen

In the program they were using, shadows and lighting actually make it look worse

The life and times of Tim

Poser 1998, to be specific.

except home movies fucking sucked so bad Adult Swim won't even rerun it anymore. Take off your nostalgia goggles.

>Monty's favorite Final Fantasy was Final Fantasy VIII.

yet another example of his shit taste shining through

*A Hell of a lot better

>why the hell does this show have no lighting
You wouldn't want the lighting on

I want Yang on my wang!

Oh no you're right, I guess I need to go back to watching the Cleveland Show since Adult Swim's line up is gold standard to quality.

That's nice, user.

>all these faggots dissing based nunchuck guns
Fight me.

Not as cool as swordchucks.

Arguable.

Is it though?

>Monty dies
>Fights immediately start sucking
>Obvious there is no editor for RWBY
>and nobody at RT has any experience in framing or shot composition or even making simple cuts

I'll watch Season 4 out of obligation

It's called a shader. You can make great stuff with them.

youtube.com/watch?v=M5pkaWp8Xso

Stop having bad taste user.