/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

Floating edition

Use this to make new threads: pastebin.com/u92hX6rX

WARNING: If you haven't watched until S3E04, spoilers abound.

FAQ:
>I want to get into Twin Peaks, in which order should I watch it?
Season 1 > Season 2 > Fire Walk With Me > The Missing Pieces > read Secret History of Twin Peaks (optional) > Season 3
>I have never watched Twin Peaks, can I start with Season 3?
No.*
>I have not watched Season 2, can I skip to Season 3?
No.*
>I have not watched Fire Walk with Me, can I skip to Season 3?
No.*
>I watched the new episodes without ever watching any of the old stuff and still enjoyed it. You mad?
No.
>Has everything leaked?
No.
Ep 1-2 were released normally on 21st, Ep 3-4 on the internet that same night.
Ep 3-4 will be re-aired on 28th. You can find torrents for 1-4 already.
>When does Episode 5 air?
June 4, same time as premiere

*By "No" we mean "You shouldn't if you actually want to enjoy the series and understand the motifs/story"

Music:
youtube.com/watch?v=IGUboLZx3Tk
youtube.com/watch?v=yPW-cPfkd4E
youtube.com/watch?v=5l2EbSK8bNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=khMlcTE7lw8
picosong.com/MTTA/

Links:
>The Secret History of Twin Peaks (MOBI)
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=933D7216D1B8C38C9F507E2624886FBF
>"Diane..." The Twin Peaks Tapes Of Agent Cooper
archive.org/details/DianeTheTwinPeaksTapesOfAgentCooper

Meanwhile:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=abHyTbOA0Oo
youtube.com/watch?v=ioKyxGkBRro
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Call for help.

Reminder that show generals are an initiative to create reddit on Sup Forums.

How many times do we need to explain the different Coops? For fucks sake, can't people ask questions about something else? At least come up with some theories about what the Giant said or something. It's like people in this general only remember 5% of the whole 4 episodes.

HELLOOOO-OOOOOO

someone requested this

HeLLoOoOoOo

[IMMENSE OTHERWORLDLY WHOOSHING]

Me
Dougie Jones

Lots of movies, the selection is surprisingly decent.

that runnning in place lol

Daily reminder that the box is what Lynch thinks of television and an audience who is not fully immersed in the experience.

>making a .gif when you could make a .webm

Daily reminder that the box represents Legion

I have a few questions:

>what is Bob? Certainly not a human

>Is evil coop possesses by Bob or a part of him?

>if not, then where is bob?

>why did one arm man and tree help coop?

>Was Evil coop actually talking to Jefferies? Didn't Jefferies disappear in fwwm?

stop this meme

I want Sam Stanley back

I want to give Sam Stanley the glad hand

Hey, I just noticed the OP doesn't say when people should watch the pilot. What's up with that? I got two different packages here, one includes the pilot at the beggining, and the other doesn't. What do?

mr jackpots

reminder that LOST generals were Sup Forums at its best and they predate the reddit paranoia

just fucking watch everything lol

can you please explain the different coops once and for all
i'm retarded sorry
have watched all seasons and fwwm

lovely family.

BOB represents evil.

>>why did one arm man and tree help coop?

The one armed man is possessed by Mike, who used to be like Bob but repented, and now he's fighting against Bob

the tree is Mike's left arm, supposedly

>implying a real filmmaker cares about faggy videogame concepts like "immersion"

How is it a meme? What is an argument against it?

>inb4 no coherent response from (You)

Isnt LOST biggest blueballs show in existence?

>another subgeneral
bravo reddi/tv/. guess there won't be any actual discussion anymore

>not reading The Secret History of Twin Peaks

No wonder you don't have a clue

Sup Forums if you had to estimate, how made tiddies are we going to see over the course of the series?

Winner gets Bitcoin.

Twin peaks first 2 series is so comfy, this is just pure Lynch.
I knew it was coming but it's still a little disappointing for a casual fan. Full blown Lynch is something I struggle to into.

I'm still going to watch it all but I can't get as excited as all you guys though. Happy Lynch's fans are finally getting what they're after though.

You ask a lot of questions.

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOOOO

You haven't backed up your statement in any way and I'm somehow supposed to prove something that isn't true.

How explicit is Laura Palmer's diary? I wanna know if it's worth reading.

Room service.

You need to stop trying to understand it and just experience it. Not saying there is nothing to understand but he really does make up stuff as he goes and it's all about what it makes you feel. Try to look for the overall pattern, maybe you'll notice something everyone else hasn't.

you want to start with the pilot but not the international pilot. the proper pilot is 1h34min whereas the international one is almost 2h. make sure you watch the shorter one as the longer one was a weird edit made to air as a feature film and includes spoilers for future episodes.

lost was shit and so were its generals

CALL FOR HELP

>that disgusting product placement
Multiple times, too. What went wrong?

fuck this is the thing that's missing from the return.

OC

What did Laura whisper to goob?

it's a dumb show but the culture around it was unparalleled

Lynch has stated in the past that watching films on a mobile phone diminishes the experience. At the very least he does have some opinions on how his movies should be viewed.

HEllOoOoOOOOOOOoo

the gum you like is going come back in style

Showtime probably made that part of the trade-off for the higher budget and episode count Lynch was negotiating for.

What did Log Lady do to get banned from the police station?

I have a question

Why the fuck was Sarah Palmer watching a fucking African safari snuff film? It's not like there was voice over like a documentary or something, just footage of lions tearing another animal to shreds.

Honestly even s1 of twin peaks is like this. When I first watched it, I was put off by all the cheeseyness and occasionally bad acting/writing, because it was my first experience with lynch and I couldn't tell when it was on purpose, and when it wasn't. I was trying to figure out what was "good" and what was "bad" and what the story meant, and I dropped the show after episode 2.

A year later I rewatched it and, while I didn't turn off my brain, I didn't make a concerted effort to figure it out, I just sort of let it all wash over me, and I fucking loved it. To me, that is what makes Twin Peaks comfy, and in that way, despite the darker tone and more horriffic imagery, the new season is just as comfy

Same shit she usually did in the RR diner

Companies love to give small handouts for advertising for ages

>It's not like there was voice over like a documentary
I'm pretty sure it is in fact a documentary, because I recall seeing it or something very similar.

Are these threads ever going to die down between now and June 4th lol

That's more like it! Thanks!

(This should really be on the OP)

The box is a representation of Twin Peaks. You can see that with the lights being red curtains. Lynch sets us up with Tracy and that other guy we're supposed to care about. We are believed to think they're important characters but they're bland and uninteresting. Yet we still keep watching like they watch that empty box. After a while they get bored and start to make out. This is when the monster strikes and they die.
Twin Peaks will nothing be like the old series. Fans with their "damn good coffee!" attitude will figuratively get murdered by what Lynch is about to deliver. That is what the scenes wit the box stand for.
I'm not saying that is the only importance of the box but this is what the box tells us on a meta level. It's possible there is an in-universe use of the box and the mysterious millionaire.

>tfw no new twin peaks memes until june 4th

youtube.com/watch?v=abHyTbOA0Oo

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What's "Sup Forums's" favorite episode so far?

Of course a real filmmaker cares about immersion. He wants you to pay attention to his art. He likes big screens, dark rooms and loud sound.

>that pic
>meme
Maybe if you're from reddit.

I know its stupid but that reminded me of myself. Sitting in a room by myself on a big TV screen watching ISIS executions and Brazilian Murders.

That tall jewess is ugly but intriguingly fuckable.

meh

Best scene

for entertainment.

Sonny Jim is Mike

> MIKE's familiar

> he is possessed willingly by BOB

> BOB is in Cooper's doppelganger since 2x22

> MIKE has always sought to stop BOB, it is his only purpose in inhabiting Gerard

> BOBcooper was talking to a Lodge entity who sought to send him back

Refer to

>that music
>that reveal

The one where they try to deduce the murderer by throwing rocks at named bottles

she looks hungarian or armenian or something to me, maybe mixed with some kind of arab

There was an audible reaction from the chat when the show cut over to NY. All the le comfy xD kids were filtered at that spot. People don't realize you can't keep doing the soap opera thing after 25 years has passed. TP was good because it was lynch doing it, not because it was comfy. That was a side thing.

it's a reverse of the box scene. Notice how the thing that came out of the box looked female?
Sarah watches the animalistic violence from the other side of the screen.

the best part is that the credits call the song a David Lynch Remix but all he did is slow it down by half

When is he gonna sing?

agree

LOUD DISTORTED DRUMS BANGING LOUDLY

I think you are reading into it too much, if he didn't want to deliver more "comfy" shit we wouldn't have gotten scenes like all of Wally, dog lady, or parts of Dougie.

Lynch himself made the remix too

No. The box is a spot connected with the realm of the lodges.
The Japanese business man that has lost his girlfriend found the anomaly and hires people to watch to see if she sometimes appear to them.

The reason they have to be alone is because emotions like what you get under sex, attracts beings from the lodge realms such as the monster that kills them.

what is the context of this image?

There was distortion when Coop got out of the car that is different than a slow down but yeah I think thats pretty lame of him honestly I hope he gets sued

MY LOVE
FUCK THE OTHERTS

Is Juliee Cruise or her music confirmed to appear?

Lynch eats the panties of a fan when he did a youtube q&a some years ago.

>No
You're talking about it on a literal level, he's talking about it on a metaphorical metacommentary level. You can both be right.

who is dougie? is that the life BobCooper was living? what?!??!??

youtube.com/watch?v=ioKyxGkBRro

TOTAL FUCKIN PSYCHO!

What is the point of subtitles telling you what song is playing? Either you can hear and you have subtitles just want to make sure you don't mishear or miss any dialogue, in which case you'll have no problem identifying the song anyway, or you're deaf, in which case it doesn't fucking matter. Or they're there so people can post screencaps on an imageboard for others to recognize I guess.