Thoughts on the Cap #1 big reveal? Currently trending on Twitter, mainly from a lot of butthurt women complaining

Thoughts on the Cap #1 big reveal? Currently trending on Twitter, mainly from a lot of butthurt women complaining.

Big spoiler in this thread if you care about this issue.

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/article/2016/05/25/captain-america-villain-hydra-nick-spencer-tom-brevoort
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Delete this thread and join one of the ones already in progress. Learn to use the catalog.

I'm treating it with exactly as much seriousness as the time he was a werewolf.
Because having Steve Rogers be a sleeper agent conditioned from birth for an organization that didn't exist when he was born makes exactly as much sense as a time traveling werewolf superhero.

Nothing from Marvel surprises me anymore
The only thing they do anymore is try create shock value.

Marvel must be salivating at all those angry tweets

God I never knew it was so fun trolling on Twitter especially on this issue. I'm having so much fun.

it's just red skull mindfucking I don't get what the big deal is
he's had xavier's brain for years now

Watchmen shit is more important than this shit.

dumber things have happened in comics before

That's old news

Like Watchmen being inserted into DC's main continuity?

There's pretty much no point in thinking about it that much when the issue itself made it clear that Red Skull inserted the woman into his childhood memories. It's just a dumb cliffhanger that will be fixed in like 3 issues anyway.

Like DC main continuity on a whole.

I feel like Steve is being punished for his fans complaining about Sam Wilson

It's just something for shock value user

>5 cents has been deposited into your account

How will Carol reclaim the title of Most Fascist Captain?

Civil War 2

Enjoy your three Jokers.

>oh fuck DC is having a huge event
>we need something to make the headlines and blow them the fuck away
>I got it! What if Captain America was evil all along
>That doesn't make sense, how are we gonna explain this
>Who cares, we don't have time, just publish it, we can retcon it a few issues later

You're good people, user.

Why are 90% of the posts on Twitter regarding this from Women? Are all women now SJW's?

It's pretty obvious that it's just Red Skull fucking with Cap's head.

Nah, just normies not using Twitter as much anymore. They're moving on

If you are mad about it you are either 8, stupid, or don't read comics.

He is their husbando

If Grayson taught us anything, it's to not mess with people's husbandos

Jesus Christ, didn't they do this with iron Man in the 90s and didn't it suck?

Most of us here are mad are mad at the sheer stupidity of it and how blatantly clickbaity it is, especially when it's gonna be resolved in a year or an arc.

>movie just came out so people have him on mind
>CAPTAIN AMERICA in the COMICS is now a NAZI

Probably and even if they didn't, it's such a boring plot line anyways. Honestly, if they don't reveal it's a trick by issue two, the comic probably isn't even worth storytiming

Doubt it's going to stick around for long, probably just Red Skull dickery.
Or possibly not the real Cap.

You gotta admit, it is at least interesting to see how it's going to turn out. Even if the reveal was a shitty ploy to attract attention. I don't understand why people on twitter are getting triggered by this, because it's not like Cap is gonna be a villain for the rest of continuity.

they don't know how comics work so they genuinely do think he'll stay like this

It's honestly just retarded. Marvel isn't ballsy enough to follow through with it and make Cap a permanent member of Hydra (as opposed to playing the role of double-agent to take them down from the inside) so it's nothing more than a cheap shock value cliffhanger to try and piss people off and get them to buy more books.

If they DID have the balls to do it, then it's still stupid since a.) nobody wants to see Steve Rogers: Aryan Ubermensch and b.) it's shitting directly on the Jewish guys who created him.

Stop spolering this shit. People deserve to see it open.

>nobody wants to see Steve Rogers: Aryan Ubermensch
I'm a Jew and I'd love that, just for a nice change of pace. Captain America, the most superhero most loved for being a nice man, becoming a Nazi. Tip top twist.

>Marvel wins

It's really obvious that it's Red Skull too. Why are people reacting to this as anything but that?

which is why it's not happening

it would be a PR disaster for Marvel like the time Goyer's Superman story had Clark renouncing his citizenship except with accusations from the right and the left.

samefag

>Nothing from Marvel surprises me anymore
A good story would be shocking.

Interestingly, #DCRebirth has stopped trending. Meanwhile, "Captain America", #SayNoToHYDRACap, and "Nazi" are trending, at least for me.

These people would've flat-out killed themselves when Robin was killed by the readers

It's completely shit writing and goes against everything Captain America has done.

Uh, no. Exactly what game did you think I was playing?

>no, I'm not the only butthurt DCboy on the site! I'm just one of them!

i know AoS isn't canon but i think it's a little funny that they killed off Hive/Ward and now Cap is Hydra. Kill one off, two more grew in its place.

Hey, Rich was right. Marvel did win.

AoS is canon

It's almost as if they don't read comic books...

so Marvel has more dummy accounts than dc.

>implying DC has any dummy accounts
DC would never stoop so low as to literally shill. They let their comics stand on the backs of their top tier quality and based creative teams.

I was making fun of DC though. DC and Marvel both are doing stupid things right now, the difference being, that Marvel only seems to be doing one that they are likely to eventually reveal is part of a villain's plane and be reversed, because that's already foreshadowed, whereas DC is doing multiple stupid things that seem like they're intended to stick around, like Batman finding Comedian's pin, and there being 3 Jokers.

Pretty hilarious seeing twitter flip their collective shit over this

>Yesterday
We know Captain America's been straight for 70+ years, but Marvel should totally retcon the continuity for no real good reason

>Today
WTF? Marvel might have retconned Captain America and changed the continuity for story purposes? Fuck that

Yeah I'm sure Marvel just decided to make Captain America secretly, irredeemably evil with no backup plan. Couldn't be that they just wanted a boost in sales/trending and will just retcon it by saying it was Red Skull fucking with him or something.

It's a pretty smart move for a book that doesn't make a lot of money. I had to explain to my normie friends how comic books work after this revelation.

Has anyone read Brubaker's mentions on Twitter? Hilarious. Wasn't worked for Marvel for four years and he people tweeting him about it.

Anyone that read the actual issue can tell it's very clearly just Red Skull fucking with him. He used his telepathy to give him false memories of his mother being HYDRA.

It's probably just Dr Faustus fucking with him again.

>Spencer going full heel when SJWs are saying "y-you can't make Cap a Nazi, it's anti-semetic!"

Why do we hate this guy again?

I am finding it funny how some people are saying

>we asked MCU to give us gay Cap and the comics give us nazi Cap!?

And you just know that there are some people who aren't aware of how comics work genuinely think marvel make Steve a nazi in retaliation to people wanting him to touch Bucky's cock

Marvel really needs to stop taking all its plot from Earth X spin offs

Getting quite predictable.

It's not a retcon. The issue itself tells you exactly what's happening. People just don't have reading comprehension.

Cap is Blonde-haired and blue eyed, but he's the product of enhancement, not eugenics. He's not genetically perfect, and in fact, considering his previous illnesses, probably actually has a lot of genetic defects, so I don't completely get the "He's the Aryan ideal" thing.

We don't, other than the handful of people that got triggered by his Cap run.

Dude wrote Superior Foes of Spider-man and Assault on Pleasant Hill. He's fine in my books.

People bitching about this don't read comics, user...

And it worked lol

I dunno, if the Nazis could do this IRL, would they have been ok with it?

so wait, hold on a second
Cap is hydra now?
and it's not just some rusecruise, it's supposed to be some kind of legit thing?

Well they were right.

People stopped caring about Rebirth and now like 3 different Cap related hashtags were and are trending

ISSUE 2 SNEAK PEEK: Marvel caves to the #GiveCaptainAmericaABoyfriend hashtag

Read the thread, it's pretty obviously a ruse cruise.

AMERICA = NAZI
WAKE UP SHEEPLE

It's not even a ruse. It's literally "Red Skull implanted false memories to make him think he's hydra"

All rusecruises are always said to be legit when they start. Did you already forget Superior Spidey?

No, it's very clearly a ruse-cruise. A mysterious woman that was very prominently wearing red convinces Steve's mom to join HYDRA and bring Steve along to become indoctrinated back in the 1920s.

This all happened in a story where RED Skull is trying to reform HYDRA while also having access to top tier telepathy.

For anyone that actually read the comic, it's pretty clear that Red Skull probably implanted some false memories using Xavier's powers to make Steve think he's a HYDRA Sleeper Agent.

One thing that I always defend Marvel for is they let themselves be roasted in-staff more than any other company comics or otherwise.

>SPENCER: Issue 2 will lay a lot of our cards on the table in terms of what the new status quo is, but the one thing we can say unequivocally is: This is not a clone, not an imposter, not mind control, not someone else acting through Steve. This really is Steve Rogers, Captain America himself.
Oh fuck, are they will going to go through with this bullshit plot? They better be fucking lying
source: ew.com/article/2016/05/25/captain-america-villain-hydra-nick-spencer-tom-brevoort

user, how new are you to comics? Having false memories implanted into you isn't "clone/imposter/mind control" so they're not wrong.

Technically implanting fake memories is not mind control.

my wife is mad about it.
but then I explained that Red Skull has mind powers now.

>it's not a dream!
>it's not a hoax!
>it's NOT an imaginary tale!
>here's some bullshit where what happens on the cover isn't real but it technically isn't a dream, hoax, or imaginary tale

Maybe, but that's such a bullshit slight loophole that I figured it would... but you're right, we did get this book on the same day with as the Joker name cop-out

>Thinking Marvel hasn't ruined their comics so much for 2 decades that I care

Steve Rogers is an all American soldier who became the icon of millions, and has led a war against evil that he will die fighting. Nothing else matters.

Just go and read the issue, it has been storytimed already so the thread should still be up or archived. It is so blatantly laid out. I don't see how anyone could read it differently.

They do this all the time. It's how they build hype and interest. If they just came out and said "oh yeah, it's just false memories, everything will go back to normale after a couple arcs. No biggie!" then no one would care.

But because they're pretending its a big deal, it's all anyone is talking about and trending like crazy on the social medias.

I've read it, it really wasn't even subtle, the red shit Sinclair/Sin. The "no mind control" shit just got me paranoid. I just want a decent Cap book, damn it

I like this Cap
t. oldfag Sup Forums

>Spider-Storm
Why hasn't this happened already?

Subtle.

Me too lad. About time Cap played on the side of the good guys.

>good guys
>guys

I love uniform actually.

>Steve Rogers: Aryan Ubermensch

But that would finally make Captain America interesting.

the serum altered his genetics. in Ultimate Captain America he had a son who inherited his powers (and became Red Skull but whatever)

>We
Fuck that shit. I've loved Spencer since Superior Foes.

Sup Forums is fucking shit. You fags complain about the first issue of a comic, not waiting to see how the story plays out.

Then you have this fag who thinks that a retcon is changing something in a story that happened a few issues ago. They story literally just started. Fucking calm down.