Belarusian Psycho

Hello, Sup Forums.

I have directed a feature film called "Belarusian Psycho" which tells the story of Dmitry who decides to lose his virginity, and invites three girls to celebrate his 22nd birthday in a countryhouse.

This movie was partially inspired by the story of Elliot Rodger, and won the Best Belarusian Film Award at Minsk International Film Festival.

You can watch the movie here:
vimeo.com/188538351

The movie is in Russian, and the English subtitles are available via the "CC" button.

What do you think about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/189179348
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump

Why was it the first text in the conversation at 02:00? Seems like they never talked to each other before. First trigger. Looks interesting so far though.

Bitches be ugly, only the dark one is a cutie.

What's the ethnicity of the brown girl?

she makes my peepee hard

Yes, they had never talked to each other before via VK. They are not close friends, but merely college acquaintances who hadn't messaged in VK before (it is normal to "add" people on social networks and never message them).

I haven't asked her, but I can presume she is a "mulatto".

It's this thread again.,.....

Bump

>inspired by the story of Elliot Rodger
just

Is the actor that plays Dimitry really autistic or just a good actor, how's he in real life?

Also why did you choose to make it black and white?

I played Dmitry myself, and I am not autistic. I will take your comment as compliment.

Why not?

>and I am not autistic

You are in Sup Forums my friend. There's no escape from the autism.

>Why not?
Confirmed for sophomoric garbage

>Why not?
Care to elaborate why you chose these colors?

Is this a movie that relies on the images or is it more about the script?

Pleb. Sulkfu is the cutest one.

Black and white looks nicer than "black and yellow" which the movie would've turned out if I kept the color, since it was shot on a bad DSLR with bad lighting, and most of the scenes are set during night time.

Both, like every decent movie.

>inb4 film is an exclusively visual medium

No, it isn't. It is a visual-aural-textual medium.

What the fuck was the point of making that vlog video?

Good question, I wonder what Elliot Rodger was thinking, myself.

>No, it isn't. It is a visual-aural-textual medium.

Are you aware of the fact that you are talking like the autist you are playing in the movie?

Can I download this to my HDD?

needs more emily jean

Heh. It's supposed to be post-ironic anyway, it's not like everything he says is necessarily funny or absurd, and surely some of his stupid mannerisms are actually my own.

Save it, it's all yours my friend :-)

Who?

Bruce "Reddit" Melvin pls go

hello i am fsb
tell us what you did with the girls

Was the mirror portrait video a homage to Sam Hyde?

>Save it, it's all yours my friend :-)
thanks lori

Good question. I am a fan, and has been a fan since around 2013, so he probably did influence the shot, at the very least on a subconscious level.

Wow this is great

Thank you.

It drags on too much. Why not start with the girls already going to the party? The whole opening sequence with the message windows was so boring I almost stopped watching.

will you ever do action movie

Are you a virgin?

Did you make this film just so you could get a shot of the cutie's panties?

Well, I think it was important for the viewer to get to know the girls a little before the awkward party context. Also, the viewer would build his own assumptions of what Dmitry and the party are like, which may or may not turn out accurate. What Dmitry and the party are "expected" to be like for both the girls and the viewer, and what they actually are, is a conflict that wouldn't work if I started sooner with the party stuff.

No.

No.

pretty good, i can see why it won award

#kino

You are chopping the wood like a faggot. Also explain the ending please.

Thank you.

Not me, the character. The ending is supposed to be ambiguous, but, personally, I prefer the interpretation where Dmitry is the only person who suffers physically.

dubs

dumb dubsposter

I agree it needed something before the party, although I think the social media messaging thing went a bit long on account of showing her actually typing stuff out, backspaces and all.

What does right parenthesis mean as punctuation in Russian by the way? Is it like a semi-colon in English?

>its supposed to be post-ironic

jesus christ, this is a new level of desperately trying to defend your shitty videos to any sort of valid criticism. you've been posting this piece of fucking shit on here for how long now? please, please realize your life is worthless and you should kill yourself as soon as possible.

No, it is a kind of a smiley face, not punctuation. Very popular though, almost universal in use.

I think that showing stuff typed out in first person is immersive. When you watch it on a computer, it is almost like it is your own desktop showing.

what have you made? nothing. shut yo ass up

My use of the term "post-ironic" was on point, as I used it to say how the intent of the character's "pretentious" comments on art is neither completely ironic, nor completely sincere, relative to my own views. I like to explore the area where the viewer is the judge of the exact ridiculousness.

>I prefer the interpretation where Dmitry is the only person who suffers physically.
Diana and Masha didn't suffer in some way?

I like to think that the silent scene is Lera's bad dream.

Ah, I see. Thanks for posting this.

great movie woo

Thank you.

Bump

Kino
jk this is but a mere flick, through and through

Hi, Thor. Are you working on any new projects? Cannes debut when?

Looking handsome, Thor!

Lookong handsome, Thor

Yes. I don't know.

>Yes
What is the new project about, thematically? Another amateur short or will you ever work on a more professional feature length? Did your festival win give you access to a bigger budget and better production values, did you meet with producers?

Is the girl in the picture your qt gf?

Looking handsome, Thor

Hey Thor, I think you're cute :3

What are your thoughts on the new Twin Peaks so far? Your response will help determine whether I should watch your flick.

It sucks, bro.
Anyone who says otherwise is just a DUDE LYNCHED LMAO dickriding bandwagoner.
>helllooooooooooo!!!!!
Fucking reddit-tier shit baka

>What is the new project about, thematically?
It is about hip hop music, depression, work ethic, and the occult.

>will you ever work on a more professional feature length?
I have already released two feature length movies, "Belarusian Psycho", and "Love & Partnership". "Love & Partnership" was shot by a professional DoP. You can check out the trailer here:
vimeo.com/189179348

>Did your festival win give you access to a bigger budget and better production values, did you meet with producers?
No. They are no producers, big budgets, or film funds at all in Belarus.

>Is the girl in the picture your qt gf?
No.

It's great. I like how Lynch yet again uses the problematic nature of TV production (the 25 year long hiatus in this case) to his artistic advantage. It is not a simple retread of the old series full of fan service, but a sincere exploration of how agent Cooper was broken by these 25 years spent in a limbo. This sincerity and seriousness is the most radical thing about the show, even more radical than the crazy disturbing video effects and the slow cinema pace.

PS. I was writing a Twin Peaks review at the same moment that I read your comment--what a synchronicity.

When are you going to post Love & Partnership online? I want to watch it.

> I was writing a Twin Peaks review at the same moment that I read your comment
Have you reviewed other stuff and is it available online? Do you have a blog or something?

I will post it later in the year, as it's scheduled to screen at at least one more film festival, in Cottbus in November, and I can't post it before that.

I currently write for several Russian language publications, like "Russo Rosso", "Kak tut zhit", and "Peremotka". I don't write for a personal blog, since I am too lazy to write about cinema when I'm not getting paid (not a brag, just the sad truth).

any plans to tour it? chicago has alot of respect and welcoming community for independent art film.

No plans. I do not have the resources to travel to Chicago, unless someone invites me and funds the trip.

Hey Thor, just watched the docu with your gf.
Absolute kino.
Was the frog at the end a nod to pepe?
Also your gf has great taste in music

I fucking hate Russians so fucking much.

Thank you.

>Was the frog at the end a nod to pepe?
No.

Bump

Sage
Don't make this thread every day, wait like a week or so

Bump

>im mad because i have no talent and never did anything in my shitty life

WOW BOB WOW

>white knighting a belarusian autist

What a DOWNER you are