English "poetry"

>English "poetry"
Post examples of the English language's inferiority.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_pronouns#Personal_pronouns
google.com/search?q=country of poets and thinkers
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yes_and_no#The_Early_English_four-form_system
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aversive_case
deepl.com/translator
archive.org/stream/englishpoetry11700manluoft#page/394/mode/2up
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"A legion of horribles, hundreds in number, half naked or clad in costumes attic or biblical or wardrobed out of a fevered dream with the skins of animals and silk finery and pieces of uniform still tracked with the blood of prior owners, coats of slain dragoons, frogged and braided cavalry jackets, one in a stovepipe hat and one with an umbrella and one in white stockings and a bloodstained wedding veil and some in headgear or cranefeathers or rawhide helmets that bore the horns of bull or buffalo and one in a pigeontailed coat worn backwards and otherwise naked and one in the armor of a Spanish conquistador, the breastplate and pauldrons deeply dented with old blows of mace or sabre done in another country by men whose very bones were dust and many with their braids spliced up with the hair of other beasts until they trailed upon the ground and their horses' ears and tails worked with bits of brightly colored cloth and one whose horse's whole head was painted crimson red and all the horsemen's faces gaudy and grotesque with daubings like a company of mounted clowns, death hilarious, all howling in a barbarous tongue and riding down upon them like a horde from a hell more horrible yet than the brimstone land of Christian reckoning, screeching and yammering and clothed in smoke like those vaporous beings in regions beyond right knowing where the eye wanders and the lip jerks and drools."
-From Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian (describing an attack by Indian warriors)

HEY JANNY, WATCH THIS

*squat*
*WHIIIIIIIRRRRRRRR*
*Oh no... Not again!!*
*THUNK*
*PLEASE! I NEED TO PLAY MARI-*
*SCRRRATTTTCCHHH*
*AAAHHHHHH HELP! I'M GETTING SUCKED IN!*
*M-MIYOMOTOOOOOOOOOOOOOAARRRHCH*
*GRLSHSHSHS*
*MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDSSSSS*
*AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH*
*dabing*
*JAANIIEEEESSS B-BAN ALL SONIGG-*
*Aaaaaahhhhh-.....*
*SSSHHHLLPP*
*IT FUCKING HURTS*
*WHIIIIIIRRR-RRrrrrrrrrrrr r r r*
*brap*
*walks away*

I NEED TO TAKE A SHITCH
*SQUUUOOORRRRTTLOOORRRRLLAPPAPAPPAPPAPPAPAA BORRRRT BORRRRT*
*BRROOMMMFPFPPPPFFFOORORRRRRRRRRASSSSSSSSSSQUOQUOQUOQUOQUQOUQOUSSSQUOQUSOQSUPLAPAPAPAPPAPAP SPLAT SPLAT SPLPLLLSLSLLSLSLLSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOODODOOODOOODOOODOOODODDXXXUSUCKSUCKSUCKSUCKSUCKSUCK* *BORRRRRRRRRRRRRTTLOROROLFLSOOFOFSLSLSSSSFFFFORRP FORP FORPP FORP FORRRRR-RRRRR -RRRRR -RRRRPPPPPAPAPAPAPAPPAPAPPPPAAAALOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL* *ROWWWLOPP BORRT BUOOORRRPP BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPNNNNNFFFFFOOOOOOORRRPPLPLFHJJHHFSBRLB BLORRRRRRRRRRRRTOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL* *BRAP BRAP BRAP* *BRAAAAAAP BRAP BRAP BRAPPPP*

ughh.... PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
*SPLOP SPLOP SPLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOPPPPOPOPLOLOLOLOLOLPP SPORRRROOOLORORLLLTLLTLT BRROOOOOAAAKKQUUOOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPPIPIPIPIPIPI* *FSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST* *FSSSSSSSSssssssssssss* *wipes*
*PARRRRRRRRRP BRROOOOOPOPOOPOPOPOP BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP*

*stand up*
oh... OH NO NO NO NONON ONO ONNO
*sit down*
*inhales*

UHHHHHHH *FRRPRPFPPPRPPRFDPPPPFPFPPFPFPFP *PLOP* *PLOP* *PLOP* *PLOP* *PLOP* FFRFRRRPRPPPPPP BRAAAAAAAMMMMMMP* *BLOOOOOOOORRRRRRRPRPPP NUUUUUUUOOOOOOORRRRRRRRTTTTTT NUORTOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLOL* *SKWASWAKSWAKSKAWSKKSAKS* *BRAP*

UGH

Ugh... fuck... HERE COMES ANOTHER NINDOODOO
*SQUELCH BROP BRIMPF TARP NUORP BROOT LOOF QUORMPF BRAPPPPPPPPPPRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

*wipes*
*flush*

Ahhhhhhhhh....

He said english language
not australian cunt

>the English language's inferiority
There's no need for discussion here. A language that doesn't even have different words for the second person pronoun in singular and plural is just pathetic. It was a mistake choosing English as lingua franca.
>inb4 "thou"

lol, we all ready shakespeare and whatnot in school, we know how t-v distinctions and plural second person distincitons work (how to conjugate thou, how to use ye etc.), we just don't use them because complex grammar is for less developed languages like German and spanish tbqhwymmfg
t. speak 3 languages, 1 with no t-v, 1 with 2, and 1 with 3 t-v distinctions
what're the different greens in Russian? Are they just noun cases, or are they gender/plural noun versions? Grammatical genders make poetry easier to rhyme and ergo less impressive in my book tbqhwymmfr.

>ready
read&

>зeлeным
adjective, masculine
(with) green (something)

>зeлeнoй
adjective, feminine
(with) green (something)

>зeлeнeть
verb
(to become) green (by yourself or itself)

>зaзeлeнeл
verb, masculine
(became) green (in the past or just now)

>зeлeных
adjective, plural
(of) green

>зeлeнeющиe
participle, plural
(being or becoming) green (present tense, right now)

>basing poetry on google translate

>It was a mistake choosing English as lingua franca.
>implying you cucks had a choice

>A language that doesn't even have different words for the second person pronoun in singular and plural is just pathetic
Isn't that a recent development in German though?
Wasn't it also "Ihr" for second person singular?

>he will never grasp the concept of having cases, verb conjugations and explicit (read: non-retarded) grammar which enables having beautiful poetic expressions

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_pronouns#Personal_pronouns

Suomi can relate

>english doesn't have cases, verb conjugations or grammar

most of those words are useless
>german poetry

It doesn't have cases though. We just use auxiliary verbs instead. (IMO has all the benefits of cases and none of the downsides).

this literally just means you're bad at english pekka

If all you guys are crazy about cases, why don't you advocate switching to the aboriginal language?

>>german poetry
>murrican education
google.com/search?q=country of poets and thinkers
you're welcome

>Kant, Goethe, Hegel, Schopenhauer, Marx, Nietzsche, Freud, Planck, Einstein, Beethoven and Wagner
>"poets"

Herr von Ribbeck auf Ribbeck im Havelland,
Ein Birnbaum in seinem Garten stand,
Und kam die goldene Herbsteszeit

Und die Birnen leuchteten weit und breit,
Da stopfte, wenn's Mittag vom Turme scholl,
Der von Ribbeck sich beide Taschen voll,
Und kam in Pantinen ein Junge daher,
So rief er: »Junge, wiste 'ne Beer?«
Und kam ein Mädel, so rief er: »Lütt Dirn,
Kumm man röwer, ick hebb 'ne Birn.«

So ging es viel Jahre, bis lobesam
Der von Ribbeck auf Ribbeck zu sterben kam.

Er fühlte sein Ende. 's war Herbsteszeit,
Wieder lachten die Birnen weit und breit;
Da sagte von Ribbeck: »Ich scheide nun ab.
Legt mir eine Birne mit ins Grab.«
Und drei Tage drauf, aus dem Doppeldachhaus,
Trugen von Ribbeck sie hinaus,
Alle Bauern und Büdner mit Feiergesicht
Sangen »Jesus meine Zuversicht«,
Und die Kinder klagten, das Herze schwer:
»He is dod nu. Wer giwt uns nu 'ne Beer?«

So klagten die Kinder. Das war nicht recht -
Ach, sie kannten den alten Ribbeck schlecht;
Der neue freilich, der knausert und spart,
Hält Park und Birnbaum strenge verwahrt.
Aber der alte, vorahnend schon
Und voll Mißtraun gegen den eigenen Sohn,
Der wußte genau, was damals er tat,
Als um eine Birn' ins Grab er bat,
Und im dritten Jahr aus dem stillen Haus
Ein Birnbaumsprößling sproßt heraus.

Und die Jahre gingen wohl auf und ab,
Längst wölbt sich ein Birnbaum über dem Grab,
Und in der goldenen Herbsteszeit
Leuchtet's wieder weit und breit.
Und kommt ein Jung' übern Kirchhof her,
So flüstert's im Baume: »Wiste 'ne Beer?«
Und kommt ein Mädel, so flüstert's: »Lütt Dirn,
Kumm man röwer, ick gew' di 'ne Birn.«

So spendet Segen noch immer die Hand
Des von Ribbeck auf Ribbeck im Havelland.

>most of those words are useless
no they aren't, the language functions differently

This is a big thing:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yes_and_no#The_Early_English_four-form_system

One of my favorites.. Fucking pedo Ribbeck and his pears... Even in his death he's craving boipucci

Yes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aversive_case
The aboriginals have cases you wouldn't even comprehend. Switch to aboriginal while there's still time my man.
Yea and nay are still used in the Senate and house of representatives, and probably in other governmental institutions.

HAHAHAHAHA EBIN POOPY IN MY PANTS :D :D SENPAI POO POO PEE PEE OH NO PEE DOWN MY LEG xD xD xD :P WANNA COME WATCH POOPY A PEE PEE WITH MEEEEEEEEE ME SO HORNYYYYYYYYYYY HEHEHEHE YOU ALL ARE FUNNY AND BEAUTIFUL :) I LOVE YOU ALL SO POOPY MUCH HEHE ;) COME MAKE POOPY WITH ME FART FART FART *HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA I FARTED AND POO POOED A LITTLE BIT IM A BIG BOY WITH BIG BOY DIAPERS :D PEE PEE POO POO FART FART FART BURP BURP PEE POO FART POO HAHA HEHEHEHEHE I WANNA FART ALL NIGHT AGAIN YES MOMMY YEAH! HEHE
HAHA EBIN POOPY IN MY PANTS :D :D SENPAI POO POO PEE PEE OH NO PEE DOWN MY LEG xD xD :P WANNA COME WATCH POOPY A PEE PEE WITH MEEEEEE ME SO HORNYYYYYYY HEHEHEHEHE YOU ALL ARE FUNNY AND BEAUTIFUL :) I LOVE YOU ALL SO POOPY MUCH HEHE ;) COME MAKE POOPY WITH ME FART FART FART *Farts* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA I FARTED AND POO POOED A LITTLE BIT IM A BIG BOY WITH BIG BOY DIAPERS :D PEE PEE POO WATCH POOPY A PEE PEE WITH MEEEEEE ME SO HORNYYYYYYY HEHEHEHEHE YOU ALL ARE FUNNY AND BEAUTIFUL :) I LOVE YOU ALL SO POOPY POO FART FART FART BURP BURP PEE POO FART POO HAHA HEHEHEHEHE I WANNA FART ALL NIGHT AGAIN YES MOMMY YEAH! HEHE POO IN MY PEE FART HAHAHA I PEED ON YOU AGAIN OH NO I NEED SPANKING POO POO PEE PEE HAHA HEHEHEHEHE IM SO NAUGHTY MOMMY SPANK ME POO I WANT PEE PEE A POO POO POOPY DIAPER IM A GOOD BOY YES HEHEHEHEHE POO POO HAHA HEHE POO PEE I WANT TO PEE ON MY POO POO LIKE A GOOD BOY HEHE POO PEE MOMMY HEHEHEHEHE POO I WANNA POO A PEE PEE A POO POO HEHE FART FART PH NO I FARTED HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHHE THE FART MADE A POOPY IN MY PANTS HAHAHA HEHEHEHEHE POO POO SENPAI ;) SLAP MY POO POO I POOED IN MY PEE PEE HEHE COME POO ON MY PEE HA I WANNA POO POO POO HEHEHEHEHE IM A POOPY GOOD BOY YES MOMMY LOVES ME HEHEHE POO IN MY DIAPER LIKE A POO POO PEE PEE HEHEHE COME POO PEE PEE IN MY POO HAHA FART FART FART POOP POO FART HEHEHEHEHEEHE IM FULL OF POO POO PLOP PLOP IN THE TOILET :D :D HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHHE POO MEANS GOD IS DEAD HEHEHE WE ARE JUST POO OH NO HEHE GOOD BOY IM A GOO

>the state of the English language in Murrica

now say it in german

>muh cases

ah, blood meridian, monsieur? that novel is the sark and chaparral of literature, the filament whereon rode the remuda of highbrow, corraled out of some destitute hacienda upon the arroya, quirting and splurting with main and with pyrolatrous coagulate of lobated grandiloquence. our eyes rode over the pages, monsieur, of that slatribed azotea like argonauts of suttee, juzgados of swole, bights and systoles of walleyed and tyrolean and carbolic and tectite and scurvid and querent and creosote and scapular malpais and shellalagh. we scalped, monsieur, the gantlet of its esker and led our naked bodies into the rebozos of its mennonite and siliceous fauna, wallowing in the jasper and the carnelian like archimandrites, teamsters, combers of cassinette scoria, centroids of holothurian chancre, with pizzles of enfiladed indigo panic grass in the saltbush of our vigas, true commodores of the written page, rebuses, monsieur, we were the mygale spiders too and the devonian and debouched pulque that settled on the frizzen studebakers, listening the wolves howling in the desert while we saw the judge rise out of a thicket of corbelled arches, whinstone, cairn, cholla, lemurs, femurs, leantos, moonblanched nacre, uncottered fistulas of groaning osnaburg and kelp, isomers of fluepipe and halms awap of griddle, guisado, pelancillo.

deepl.com/translator

Stupid example tbqh. English is a very rich language just like Russian, most people just don't know how to use it.

t. Knower of both

>einstein
>german
lmao he was jewish

The problem is all non-Anglos just learn conversational English in school so they can become good global citizens, ignoring the rich literary history and even modern literature to an extent. They always just end up with "English doesn't [grammatical quirk of my language] and ergo is subhuman.
All the English haters should read archive.org/stream/englishpoetry11700manluoft#page/394/mode/2up (English Poetry 1170-1892 by John Mathews Manly) and then make up their minds imo.

English is practically a different language until the late 18th century

>neither

Quite possibly the stupidest comment ITT.

Beginning of a poem from the early 1500s:
>FAREWELL, Love, and all thy laws for ever;
>Thy baited hooks shall tangle me no more:
>Senec, and Plato, call me from thy lore,
>To perfect wealth, my wit for to endeavour;
>In blind error when I did persever, 5
>Thy sharp repulse, that pricketh aye so sore,
>Taught me in trifles that I set no store;
>But scaped forth thence, since, liberty is lever:
>Therefore, farewell, go trouble younger hearts,
>And in me claim no more authority: 10
>With idle youth go use thy property,
>And thereon spend thy many brittle darts:
>For, hitherto though I have lost my time,
>Me list no longer rotten boughs to clime

WOW LOOK RUSSIAN IS SUCH A RICH LANGUAGE. WOW LOOK AND I AM THE NATIVE SPEAKER OF THIS LAGUEAGE. WOW. LET"S ASK A STUPID BOT THAT CAN NOT TRANSLATE ANYTHING MY WORDS. AHAHAHA BOT SO STUPID CAN"T TRANSLATE. I"M GONNA SCREENSHOT IT AS A PROFF OF MY SUPERIORITY. NO ONE WILL UNDERSTAND ANYTHING THAT"S WRITTEN IN RUSSIAN ANYWAY. AHAHAHA AMERICANASS AND ENGLISH ARE SO STUPID I"M SO GOOD.
THE MAJORITY OF THOSE WORDS ARE JUST CASES, GENDERS AND PLURALS OF THE WORD GREEN YOU DUMB MONGOLOID IT MEANS THE SAME THING.

cherrypicking

The King James Bible was published in 1611 ffs, the entirety of England was speaking familiar dialects of English by then. Are you some Euro with a proxy or were you educated in the inner city perchance?

Lo maggior corno de la fiamma antica
cominciò a crollarsi mormorando
pur come quella cui vento affatica;

indi la cima qua e là menando,
come fosse la lingua che parlasse,
gittò voce di fuori, e disse: «Quando

mi diparti’ da Circe, che sottrasse
me più d’un anno là presso a Gaeta,
prima che sì Enea la nomasse,

né dolcezza di figlio, né la pieta
del vecchio padre, né ’l debito amore
lo qual dovea Penelopé far lieta,

vincer potero dentro a me l’ardore
ch’i’ ebbi a divenir del mondo esperto,
e de li vizi umani e del valore;

ma misi me per l’alto mare aperto
sol con un legno e con quella compagna
picciola da la qual non fui diserto.

How can other "languages" even compete?

Le serpent qui danse
Que j'aime voir, chère indolente,
De ton corps si beau,
Comme une étoffe vacillante,
Miroiter la peau !

Sur ta chevelure profonde
Aux âcres parfums,
Mer odorante et vagabonde
Aux flots bleus et bruns,

Comme un navire qui s'éveille
Au vent du matin,
Mon âme rêveuse appareille
Pour un ciel lointain.

Tes yeux, où rien ne se révèle
De doux ni d'amer,
Sont deux bijoux froids où se mêle
L'or avec le fer.

A te voir marcher en cadence,
Belle d'abandon,
On dirait un serpent qui danse
Au bout d'un bâton.

Sous le fardeau de ta paresse
Ta tête d'enfant
Se balance avec la mollesse
D'un jeune éléphant,

Et ton corps se penche et s'allonge
Comme un fin vaisseau
Qui roule bord sur bord et plonge
Ses vergues dans l'eau.

Comme un flot grossi par la fonte
Des glaciers grondants,
Quand l'eau de ta bouche remonte
Au bord de tes dents,

Je crois boire un vin de Bohême,
Amer et vainqueur,
Un ciel liquide qui parsème
D'étoiles mon coeur !

Pour la première fois, voyant la mer à Bône,
Un Bédouin du désert, venu d’El-Kantara,
Comparait cet azur à l’immensité jaune
Que piquent de points blancs Tuggurt et Biskara,

Et disait, étonné, devant l’humide plaine :
« Cet espace sans borne, est-ce un Sahara bleu,
Plongé, comme l’on fait d’un vêtement de laine,
Dans la cuve du ciel par un teinturier dieu ? »

Puis, s’approchant du bord, où, lasses de leurs luttes,
Les vagues, retombant sur le sable poli,
Comme un chapiteau grec contournaient leurs volutes
Et d’un feston d’argent s’ourlaient à chaque pli :

« C’est de l’eau ! cria-t-il, qui jamais l’eût pu croire ?
Ici, là-bas, plus loin, de l’eau, toujours, encor !
Toutes les soifs du monde y trouveraient à boire
Sans rien diminuer du transparent trésor ;

« Quand même le chameau, tendant son col d’autruche,
La cavale, dans l’auge enfonçant ses naseaux,
Et la vierge noyant les flancs blonds de sa cruche,
Puiseraient à la fois au saphir de ses eaux ! »

Et le Bédouin, ravi, voulant tremper sa lèvre
Dans le cristal salé de la coupe des mers :
« C’était trop beau, dit-il ; d’un tel bien Dieu nous sèvre,
Et ces flots sont trop purs pour n’être pas amers ! »