Why educative cartoons are not relevant anymore?

why educative cartoons are not relevant anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f-7gRm3zPbc
youtube.com/watch?v=FoC-sV1KmXA
youtube.com/watch?v=S7DwS_4y7FY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because things like anime are already educational as it would viewers about Japanese culture.

has there been any news about that new Magic School-bus series?

I think the idea was canned.

Too hard to sell merchandise through it?

those were some good cartoons
sure they were educational but some actual effort was put into them

most cartoons don't even need merchandise, as long as they keep up the ratings they are good

I feel i was embiggened by educative cartoons.

Upgraded version of Once Upon a Time... Life coming for 2017.

Meanwhile, I'm letting you with some nostalgic songs:

youtube.com/watch?v=f-7gRm3zPbc
youtube.com/watch?v=FoC-sV1KmXA
What kind of intro is that? YOU'RE GONNA DIE! YOU'RE ALL GONNA DIE!! THE PLANET IS GONNA EXPLODE AND PEOPLE WILL GET INCINERATED BY THE LAST DEPARTING SHUTTLE'S EXHAUST VENTS!!!!

well those shows did not hold their punches
the one about the human body had the balls to end with the human all the characters were in dying

Between those shows and C'est Pas Sorcier, it was great growing up on french educational TV.

I liked these shows.
But the space show was more space adventure than real education, I think.

>embiggened

I only liked the ones about the inventors

And they linked the show with the others in the last episode with his son going into space to join Omega, and an humanoid cameo.
It was really pretty well made, compared to shows that don't try to do more than the minimal effort.

It has aged better than the others.
You didn't like the one with the explorers?

Wild Kratts comes to mind.

the explorers wasn't aired in my country as much as the inventors did. from the explorers I think I only remember episode with the chinese

Because it encourages heteronormativity in children and it is bad.

Watch PBS on the weekend.

youtube.com/watch?v=S7DwS_4y7FY

Sorry i posted it in the wrong thread.

Becaue, with kids today, wha you need is educational apps, not cartoons

Because execs realised it didn't fucking work.

That remind me to try their youtube channel, they are doing new things apparently.

>sesame street and cartoons for toddlers who can't count pass 10
haha, no

I miss this show, but I don't remember any of the content. Being a French Canadian I think it was airing on Radio-Canada or Télé-Québec, but I don't remember well enough.

I started watching episode 1 of "Il était une fois... la vie" and I realize the narrator VA is the same as Astérix.

Okay, so there's this thing called the internet, now stay with me on this, but it's like a massive online repository of information

Yeah, you should totally leave your kids go on the net unmonitored, they will certainly only search and come across academic knowledge.

The big advantage of the TV is that you can do other things for the duration of the show.

Reagan outlawed them, saying it was up to the market to decide when children learn

Yeah because fuck children books, schools, and curricular programs. Just put in "Teach me stuff" into Google and a kid's interest in learning will flourish.

This is you when you tell this to your kids someday.

Because cartoons are a terrible way to educate kids. Kids watch TV for entertainment, not to learn.

I watched Sesame Street all the time as a babby but didn't learn how to read or spell until I went to school and learned. I watched Sesame stretch for the colourful puppets, to see Bert and Ernie arguing or Cookie Monster chowing down.

I look at cheap insipid shows like Dora the Explorer which bored me even as a kid and know the only reason it continues to be funded is because it runs under the guise of being "educational" by throwing in a Spanish word every now and again.

I got more out of shows that involved me with characters than shows that stop and blink at the camera for 5 minutes to save on animation.

TLDR; Dora the Explorer is neither educational nor entertainment. At least Sesame Street had cool characters.

Dora is the source of many evils like go diego and ni-hao chin chon

why not? that's what we do. you can only fap once then you're spent. then you start getting curious and start ablorbing all the knowledge ever.
more to the point, you do it when you want. and it's pretty fucking obvious by now by observation, common sense, AND studies, that you can only learn when you feel like it.
back in my day sesame street wasnt even educational. it was just a bunch of goofy comedy sketches that had nothing to do with facts.. and occasional reminder that a particular letter and a particular number exist

You need an audience worth educating.

>And they linked the show with the others in the last episode with his son going into space to join Omega, and an humanoid cameo.
>It was really pretty well made, compared to shows that don't try to do more than the minimal effort.
so that's what it was about? I remember how weird the final episode was, first being about birth and death and then suddenly talking about space rockets and mentioning a man who tried to become immortal with technology completely out of left field