What did David shoot into the sky that scared the xenomorph? Why didn't anyone ask him how to scare them off...

What did David shoot into the sky that scared the xenomorph? Why didn't anyone ask him how to scare them off? Why didn't they keep using it?

How do you enjoy movies?
That's like asking why the Death Star didn't shoot the planet that was in the way of Yavin 4.

I imagined myself in their situation and thought, hmmm.

And i'm saying that so many loved movies have massive plotholes that you should just get over it.

TFW too intelligent to enjoy kino.

Too long to recharge a second shot?

A gas giant is hundreds of times more massive than rocky worlds (Jupiter is 318x as massive as the Earth.) Maybe it had enough energy, maybe not. In any case, it was only an additional half hour to orbit around the planet. They had no idea they were under such dire situation until the last few moments.

It probably could have shot through the gas giant as there is no surface, it is all gas until you get to a liquid layer then a rocky core, which is tiny. There is no surface really, it's gas all the way down.

He shot a flare are you that autistic

How did David acquire a grenade launcher plus flare?

I thought the xenomorphs had no fear

Obviously Shaw's escape pod had one in it.

Ridley Scott is frustrating as fuck. Such beautiful visuals. Such shit screenplays.

Aliens are known to be scared of Predator shoulder canons. but the real question is where did david get the plasma caster to shoot into the sky?

Just a signal flare. It was probably his last one, since he didn't reload the flare gun when they got back to the Engineers' citadel.

But the colonists had their own flares which they used to signal the lander.

It was clearly an EMP of some kind.
I immediately thought this too, which is why I assumed it fucked with the Neomorph's equilibrium in some way. But if that was the case it would've had some effect on the humans. Scott is an idiot.

>Scott is an idiot.
Is Scott the superior life form?

the reason why there arent any other neomorphs still there is because the yautja found out that there was a new breed and hunted them to extinction. David was obviously able to procure a weapon from them for sure since they knew he was providing their hunt.

>They had no idea they were under such dire situation until the last few moments.
But the Death Star is LITERALLY made for shooting planets.
Why wait?

>black goo particles form a black goo particle nanomachine squid form that swims into a guy's ear and we see it burrow into his ear canal

This is the same guy that directed the original Alien.

Can you even imagine such a shitty video-gamey sequence of shots in Alien?

I can already see him standing behind the cgi guy telling him to "no, make the black goo squid move in a more evil way, add a hissing sound too!"

What a fucking hack.

They weren't Xenomorphs. Why is always the people to dumb to pay attention that call people hacks?

????
Can you articulate what exactly is bad or wrong about the shot you described?

Don't pay attention to this guy. Keeps posting stupid questions that don't even matter in an attempt to make the movie look like it has more potholes than it actually has.

They were born of the black goo, born of humans. Literally the only difference is their shitty CGI appearance, the fault of lazy creature designers. Why is always reatrards who can spell right that call other dumb?

incoming scott pls go etc

this board is boring

>Literally the only difference is their shitty CGI appearance
No?
They aren't Xenomorphs my dude.

>Why is always reatrards who can spell right that call other dumb?
>reatrards

poetry

>What did David shoot into the sky that scared the xenomorph?

The plot for the next Alien movie.

How old are you?

Hes right it literally looked like a shitty videogame sequence

In what way?

They're afraid of fire, have been since Alien.

In the aesthetic way, both visually and dramatically

That doesn't say anything though. You haven't described what about "videogame" is inferior to what he was doing in Alien.

this

It wasn't even shot at it. It was shot into the sky.

>concentrated liquid black goo melts human's face and turns him into hyper-aggressive mutant-human
>particulate speck of black goo-pollen infects human, somehow impregnating it with a neomorph baby that grows up into what looks like a skinned xenomorph with a differently shaped head
>only ovomorph, constructed by android after a decade of meticulous tinkering, contains a facehugger that will impregnate human with acceptably "xenomorphy" creature
Right, sorry. I haven't quite nailed down Scott's bizarro biology for the mentally deficient.

>focus on a floaty black particle squid that has "attitude"
>all-cgi shitty shot from inside the ear with the "evil" squid burrowing in

none of that should've been shown at all
the movie would be even better if they simply stepped on the fungus or whatever it was and got sick later. anyone with even half a brain would know what went down

So? I don't think you understand what a fear is. As far as the neomorph is concerned, "lots of fire" = "run away tiem".

>They aren't Xenomorphs my dude.
not him but why are you so adamant about this

>"lots of fire"
Barely a spark. While they weren't scared of being shot at.

Question 1. Who knows what he shot, could have found that technology on the the ship, on the planet, or he could have made it. Who fucking knows? It doesn't fucking matter.
Question 2. That light obviously scares them off? Might have only 1 gun
Question 3. When they got to the city I'm sure David thought they wouldn't need it again. It was "safe", or he didn't care to use it again because he wanted them all des anyway. I doubt they would remember to try and find that gun again after people started dying again.

Does that help? It's like you can't do any critical thinking. Not like any of it matters anyway dumbass.

Such a smart guy

The particular animation wasn't of the highest quality in general, was pretty uninspiring creatively, and the dust particles moved in a way remanescent of videogame physics where particles move in unnatural ways in order to enhance gameplay

Presumably it took them by surprise. Fear responses aren't rational, that's the whole point of them. If you have to think before responding to a fear impulse, then why even have the fear impulse?

>>focus on a floaty black particle squid that has "attitude"
>>all-cgi shitty shot from inside the ear with the "evil" squid burrowing in
Ah. You are disliking it due to some kind of strange bias. Your descirpions are colored by hatred for... effects better than those of 1979?

If he needed them to live to get to the ship, why didn't he just try to get them safely onto the ship and then go nuts on Walter?

The neomorphs felt way more threatening than the xenomorph desu

I agree. The one that David was talking to/in control of was freaky.

How does it feel to be objectively wrong?

ITT: brainlets

Don't know why this stuff makes you guys so pissy. It's like Midi-chlorians 2.0 for you people.

Reminder that Midi-chorians didn't take away ANYTHING.
1. the force always had a biological component as it was passed down through families
2. midi-chlorians are not the force. merely conduits

How exactly am I wrong?
The xenomorph in covenant was a pushover.
Shit killed like 3 people and got launched into space, the movie didn't capitalize on any intelligence the xenomorph is supposed to have.

Protip: the "xenomorph" in Covenant is not the final form that is seen in the main Alien movies.
The Covenent Xeno has no mechanical aspect. No tubing, pipes, or bits of metal.

David is going to try to combine with a Xeno in the next movie, creating the classic Xenomorph.

Sorry, my bad then.
I still felt as if the neomorph was way better than whatever that shit was.

He didn't need them to get to the ship, he was always going to pretend to be the other android regardless if the people on the planet survived or not. The people up on the ship still wouldn't have known it was David and they would probably have went to go save him.

i don't know what it was, but that scene was AWESOME
and the sound that thing made, crackPOWKAPOWFSSSSSSSSHHH
i thought it was Shaw at first

The movie was bad to be honest, it has a lot of plot holes like the one you point out; the auto gay kiss scene was cringy and unnecesary af as well

I disagree. I thought it was very good. The shots were well composed and I had fun with both the David plot and the nice amount of gore.

It's almost as if you didn't understand

I think Ridley is more interesting on filming sequences that look neat and inserting callbacks to his previous movies, from Blade Runner to Gladiator and not really interested on designing a bullet-proof realistic scientific life form

Get out now. You're not enough of a cry baby negative nancy person who gets his validation from shitting on things for Sup Forums.

Leave while you still can.

>their skins can literally hold acid
>they get scared of fire

AHAHAHAHA

#1 is your headcanon. Only one family had it 'passed down', and that was the Skywalkers. There is no other evidence in canon the Force has a genetic component.

I gave this movie a 5 star on my letterbox blog (thx4reading it), and consider it on par or even better than the original first two, so i'll be here for a while defending the awesome in it, sure it has some bad but the good hugely outweighs it

So it becomes obvious when the alien climbs the wall (and the doors have huge fucking gaps in them) that either the city/wall design is incredible inefective at holding back the spores/aliens from entering it, or they had something else protecting the city. I'm going to guess there was something else protecting the city, and it was that fuckhueg spinning circle thing which wasn't explained, and that got blown when David landed? Don't remember too well. So maybe David reverse engineered the tech that protected the city into the flare. Or he just studied the Xenos long enough to figure out ways to make them scatter.

The suspense was good, the shots were good too, the direction was good as well, unfortunately for me, the story was plain, and with a lot of plot holes

A guy who looks like me, but it´s not me at all, teaches me to play the flute, and then he tells me nobody´s going to love me the way he does, then he kisses me and stabs me in the throat

What should I understand from that?

Anyone else have the horrifying face that Walter makes when David "kills" him burned into their fucking memories like me?

That Scott is a hack.

>What should I understand from that?

Hmm. Guess you didn't understand after all. Pay attention to what they're saying next time.

>What did David shoot into the sky

G-d

>#1 is your headcanon.
>no OTHER evidence
If there's evidence then it's not headcanon, JJ.

>the story was plain
I mean, there was a hell of a lot more meat to this story than to the original Alien.

>That Scott is a hack.
Yeah man, Blade Runner is shit amirite. Really poorly directed. Just awful. Bad shot composition and everything.

KEK, not a hack, maybe he had a hard moment like Spielberg or Scorsese, I hope he makes a good comeback

Redpill me on that scene, maybe you smoked the same the screenwriters had

I doubt that

>I doubt that
You doubt what?
Alien barely has a plot. It's a haunted house movie with some sci-fi dressing.

Prometheus is essentially a Mummy movie.

They find an ancient tomb with a curse on it, enter it and the curse starts to take them one by one. Then they wake up the mummy that starts to kill them off.

Same goes with Covenant, but at least "Alien" was not a sequel or a reboot, and besides, almost everything was practical

David found another "perfect" being. Automatic mutual respect. (David considers himself perfect btw) He learns that they gave walter a handicap, which in turn makes him think sympathetic towards him. David also "loves" him, which is ironic because he still doesn't know what love is. That's why he kisses him, he thinks a kiss shows signs of love. He was trying to win Walter over, water said fuck that, dispite Walter being the closest thing that could understand David's logic, he still rejects David. David had no choice but to kill him. David is looking for "love" and someone who understands him.

>David found another "perfect" being. Automatic mutual respect. (David considers himself perfect btw)
Walter had lost his arm, so he was not "perfect" as him, also, if he doesn´t know what love is, why would he tell him that he feels love for him? And besides, why would he stab him if he "loves" him?

>David is looking for "love" and someone who understands him.
And why would he look for love in aliens, which by the way, can´t even talk?

> David is looking for "love" and someone who understands him.
Well, myabe in the third movie he'll find it when he makes the Alien Queen which then devours him and dies from android poisoning or some other bullshit that only our main man Ridley Scott can figure out

It's not about how his physical form is obviously...
That's the thing, he thinks he knows what love is but he doesn't actually. Said he loved Shaw. Looked what happened to her. He believes himself perfect, how could he not create something that "loves" him. He did get that 1 neo morph to trust him. If they make more movies there's no doubt in my mind that the "final Xenomorph" will end up killing him

>It's not about how his physical form is obviously...
They are not perfect emotionally either, you even established they don´t know what love is

>Said he loved Shaw. Looked what happened to her. He believes himself perfect, how could he not create something that "loves" him.
There you have the aliens, which, by the way, will probably kill him if they make more movies (which, by the way, I think it will happen), so, they don´t love him either, and that´s something you can see in the movie, he has to drop them in through a plane because if he doesn´t do it that way, they would have killed him

Girlfriend questions, OP, girlfriend questions.

I'm talking to a literal tard. I'm out.

stop being intentionally ignorant to someone's point, the shot was terrible

i gotta agree here. this stupid fucking "lack of basic comprehension" meme needs to fuck off. you sound like some dumb blond cunt

They dont have fucking eyes why would it bother the neomorphs.

>that body
god I want to smash the ever loving shit out of her

If you seriously think covenant and alien are comparable you should fucking an hero.

There's a reason is an all time classic and the other is generally panned

I liked the mad scientist stuff in covenant and NOTHING else. It was pretty shit over all and an EVEN bigger let down than prometheus.

>generally panned

but it isn't

Alien: Facehugger - chest burster - Xeno
Covenant: Black spores(?) - Xeno(??)

They were Resident Evil tier

Such potential, but this...

And what the fuck was the last supper promo? If the main cast were survivors(?) why did it show Franco at all since he burned alive?

At least there wasn't the fag couple and the race mixers got what was coming to them

It's like a twisted version of Tom Hanks and Wilson

When you have no arguments and you need to proceed to insults

Kek

this movie was shit.

>It probably could have shot through the gas giant as there is no surface

If you try to sound smart, at least get your facts straight. Gas giants have a solid core.

> How does a "neutrino burst" rekt the ship?
> Anyone who knows anything about neutrinos will know that makes no sense
> Why didn't they just keep going to their original planet?
> A multi-trillion dollar project can just change plans on the fly?
> Why would they not where suits/helmets?
> Why is there wheat on the planet?
> Why do they act so casual to finding ALIEN LIFE in the middle of nowhere
> Why would you lock your friend in a room to me murdered by a monster?
> Why would you not run past the giant door and off the ship into the open?
> Why would you, open the locked door and slip on some blood?
> Why would you not run past the giant door and off the ship into the open again?
> Why didn't they keep a tight formation in the open to prevent being ambushed?
> Why does a seemingly standard flare fighting the monsters away?
> Why did they fully trust a sketchy looking motherfucker they found randomly in the middle of nowhere?
> Why would you take his word that it was "safe"?
> WHY WOULD YOU SPLIT UP AND EXPLORE THE SPOOKY ALIEN TEMPLE BY YOURSELF!?
> Why would you not question David cutting his hair to look exactly like Walter?
> Why would you take his word that it was "safe", especially after the first time he told you it was "safe" it wasn't?
> Why would you not have everyone who was on the planet quarantined because you really have no idea what the fuck happened?
> Why would you not personally relay a message to earth explaining what happened?
> You would think that people on earth may be a just a little interested in your story
> How can anyone actually think this is better the Prometheus?
> Why did I blow money on this movie?

1) Old sci-fi meme
2) Old sci-fi meme
3) Chance of a lifetime due to perfect conditions and a human signal and these were clearly not the brightest of the bunch
4) It was "on the way"
5) Ridley Scott is a hack
6) Engineers are pretty much just better humans and humans "descended" from them so the implications are wheat was invented by the Engineers
7) None of them were casual about it at all?
8) She's a chick and they don't function well under pressure
9) See 8
10) See 8
11) See 8
12) Really incompetent group of settlers
13) The thing is still a baby and a huge loud burst of light is probably enough to scare any kind of animal except human away
14) Same model as Walter so they were comfortable with him?
15) Lazy writing
16) Lazy writing
17) No one saw him until the pilot was killed and Daniels was about to get raped for looking at his scrolls
18) Lazy writing
19) Lazy writing
20) Lazy writing

The movie could have been so much better but they wasted all the effort just trying to have the typical ALIEN action moments
What a waste
I could watch a whole fucking movie of just two Fassbenders shooting the shit with each other the entire time about experiments and whatnot

Cheat Codes