Green Arrow REBIRTH #1 preview

And so the one shots begin, this is the one with the meeting of Green Arrow and Black Canary for the first time in this canon
(SOURCE: comicbook.com/2016/05/25/dc-rebirth-exclusive-preview-next-weeks-green-arrow-rebirth-1-ri/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter/1 )

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Benjamin_Percy/status/735519633646620672
twitter.com/CW_Arrow/status/735515888388952064
youtube.com/watch?v=cVRiADlDEig
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this page isn't part of the new preview, but the one released last month..

What is 'this canon'?

New 52 canon?

Post-Crisis canon?

Is there an entirely *new* canon now?

YES!

New 52. They've never met since 2011, did you not read DC Rebirth one shot today where they directly showed this?

Omg balck canry? Where the fuck is felicity

>SJW in text

I'm so ready for the ride

Are you telling me that's the first time the two have met in the history of the New 52 publishing line?

If so, DC was fucking up worse than I thought.

it's still new 52

That IS Felicity!

Is that supposed to be Tommy Merlin from the show?

>And so the one shots begin
Is this going to be a daily thing or what?
I want the other previews

#NoOlicityNoBuy

I like the art.

We kinda got previews for all the rebirth week one books already. You can find them with google searches, but if no one makes a thread, I'll post the new ones we get over the next few days.

What's been your favorite so far?

I know this is bait but still

>sanctimonious
>holier than thou
>gross beard

We're back, baby!

>. You can find them with google
My phone is being shit
You could just do them here, I won't mind

You want to post some? I found Batman's on some obscure website.

Batman Rebirth. Would have been Superman rebirth, but it looks Doug Mahnke is off art now.

>Not liking Felicity
I want the Patriarchy to leave.

>that onomatopoeia

Holy moly this art is fucking gorgeous.

Insta-buy out of left field.

Does anybody have the tweet where Percy said Felicity wasn't gonna show up and does said tweet pic have the replies of upset Felicity fans?

>Mahnke off art

w h y

alright..

He used Tinder in the DCYou preview.

There is only a 2 page preview for Superman, and Newsarama only has it in low quality...

twitter.com/Benjamin_Percy/status/735519633646620672

He'll be fine

I wish superdad was keeping the beard

>Superman low quality

Sounds about right

I think is Mahnke art btw

I'm in tears

Batman one has been out for a while, Appreciate the uploads anyway user

This art is pretty good
The colors are very nice

Laying on the foreshadowing pretty thick there, DC.

Pretty hype for Batking.

I know that, I was just posting them all. Green Lanterns has like half of the issue posted, just unlettered

I have been out of the loop for a while, friends. What do I need to read to catch up on Supes?

Also, hasn't New 52 Superman technically died twice?

>No bulge

I expected more

Ummm what?

He electrocutes the toxic spores. Covers Calendar Man in his cape and eats the charge like a fucking champ

Final Days of Superman storyline should catch you up

fyi Johns co-wrote this issue, so at least it won't be complete shit

Snyder co-wrote the Batman one so that'll be at least half shit

>Hal fuses their Lanterns so they have to share as a team building exercise

At least I'm guessing that's what's happening.

Humphries continuing this without Johns is gonna be garbage but at least that got me to smile.

and that's all the Rebirth books that come out this week, which ones do you plan on buying/reading?

Definitely pulling Batman and Superman. Percy's been OKAY on GA, I just hope he can get better at general pacing and I'll be watching it before I start pulling it all the time to see if that happens.

Avoiding Lanterns like the plague.

If Percy can fix his pacing then GA

And Batman for King

>Percy's been OKAY on GA,

I really think Andy Khouri editing and this incredible new artist are going to help lift Percy way up.

Khouri is almost undoubtedly DC's best editor after Mark Doyle.

twitter.com/CW_Arrow/status/735515888388952064

oh no Felicity fans are gonna hound after percy again

That's true, which is why I'm cautiously optimistic.

>those tweets

sad they got rid of that clear see through construct effects for GL.

>Thanks but NOPE! I prefer the TV show
>I love the show and the comics that tie into show I.e. Arrow 2.5
>no thanks. if I want to read something I'll grab an actual book

>I'll stick with Olicity fanfiction during the hiatus :) our fandom is pretty talented!
>y'apl are not that talented so stop lying
>Our writers write 200k words fanfiction, as good as books. But yet, I don't expect you to have read so many words

>keep it.
>

>ya know, I see this & think, I'm Arrow fan enough to be pitched products but NOT enough to be protected from threats on your FB?
>@CW_Arrow @DCComics @geoffjohns plus, more importantly, content isn't there. Oliver & Diggle are great but No Felicity Smoak? Pass.

>no thanks, i'm a fan of the show not the comics

>No thank you. This run has ZERO similarity to the content of four years on #Arrow. Also, how about you promote #ArrowFinale today?

Oh no Gotham has been struck with a sudden case of 3D poser disease

In Otto We Trust.

"This is our getalong lantern."

New 52. They're still not back to the Post-Crisis canon and I seriously doubt they actually will since Barry only remembers the Post-Flashpoint version of the events.

It's absolutely fair to say a fan of the show wouldn't be interested in Rebirth. The CW's never bothered to reconcile the show with the comic books. Arrow is its own thing. They even have different endgame love interests, when many would say Green Arrow/Black Canary is the only acceptable ship.

But LMAO at the lady experiencing real actual cyberbullying on the Facebook page. "Protect me!" close your eyes nigga.

>Woodie Guthrie guitar
>Outright bordering-obnoxious social justice (in the classic sense) outlook
>Kickass beard
All we're missing is the hat.
Really looking forward to this.

Kinda sucks that any storytimes/discussion will be likely be derailed by LE ESS JAY DUBYA TUMLR STEALIN MAH COMICS posting.

Honestly, knowing the stuff Otto publish on his tumblr, they probably asked him to cointain himself.

True, true. I didn't look at it that way.

If they cry about Ollie being an SJW it will be the ultimate proof that culture warriors don't read comics.

Oh, we had that thread already. It was a third "REEEE SJW TAKING MUH COMICS" shitposting, a third "REEEE SJW TAKING MUH COMICS" serious posting, and the rest was people arguing about how the term SJW has evolved and politics

>Tommy
;_;

You think this is good, you should see this guy's earlier work.

youtube.com/watch?v=cVRiADlDEig

Is that Calendar Man?
Holy shit! Did we even see him in N52?

He was hinted at in a 'Tec annual but I don't think he actually became Calender Man

D-Delete this

>Wants to build off of the Lemire run
>Influenced exclusively by Longbow Hunters and Grell's work with the character
>Rebuilding the relationship with Black Canary
>Keeping Shado and Emiko around
>Writes Ollie as a very unabashed leftist

Pretty much everything Percy says he wants to do with Arrow, but Christ I wish he was just slightly better.

The art for this book is gorgeous.

This book scares me, though. I love ya, Supes. But, I will wait a few issues before investing.

I want to adopt that kid.

>Innocent Dickgirls

It's kinda funny how GA used to be literally the only superhero to ever chill in the city I live in, and in the Arrow TV series it very clearly is being filmed in Vancouver so it still looks like the Pacific Northwest.

Dem fishnets. UNF.

My problem with Percy is pacing, specifically novel pacing. He writes novels, so therefore he's going to write comics like lengthy novels and put plot point resolvement at certain parts that would seem dysfunctional in a comic

FUCK NOW I REMEMBER

>toilet cover DC logo
What are they doing?