/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

We are not gonna talk about Judy edition

Use this to make new threads: pastebin.com/u92hX6rX

WARNING: If you haven't watched until S3E04, spoilers abound.

FAQ:
>I want to get into Twin Peaks, in which order should I watch it?
Season 1 > Season 2 > Fire Walk With Me > The Missing Pieces > read Secret History of Twin Peaks (optional) > Season 3
>I have never watched Twin Peaks, can I start with Season 3?
No.*
>I have not watched Season 2, can I skip to Season 3?
No.*
>I have not watched Fire Walk with Me, can I skip to Season 3?
No.*
>I watched the new episodes without ever watching any of the old stuff and still enjoyed it. You mad?
No.
>Has everything leaked?
No.
Ep 1-2 were released normally on 21st, Ep 3-4 on the internet that same night.
Ep 3-4 will be re-aired on 28th. You can find torrents for 1-4 already.
>When does Episode 5 air?
June 4, same time as premiere

*By "No" we mean "You shouldn't if you actually want to enjoy the series and understand the motifs/story"

Music:
youtube.com/watch?v=IGUboLZx3Tk
youtube.com/watch?v=yPW-cPfkd4E
youtube.com/watch?v=5l2EbSK8bNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=khMlcTE7lw8
picosong.com/MTTA/

Links:
>The Secret History of Twin Peaks (MOBI)
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=933D7216D1B8C38C9F507E2624886FBF
>"Diane..." The Twin Peaks Tapes Of Agent Cooper
archive.org/details/DianeTheTwinPeaksTapesOfAgentCooper

Meanwhile...

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt4093826/reviews?filter=hate
younggodrecords.com/pages/devendra-banhart
youtube.com/watch?v=F4wh_mc8hRE
youtube.com/watch?v=icfq_foa5Mo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

REQUIRED READING

imdb.com/title/tt4093826/reviews?filter=hate

Normies not welcome edition.

>camera starts out straight but tilts when Bobby turns around

Bobby confirmed for not being the 100% good and clean cop?

First for HELLOOOOooooOOOOOoooOOO!

What did switching on the bell do? Who was banging??

Bobby was never clean, but James was always cool

Finally our guy David Lynch and us are manning the barricades against the tide of normies. I've spent the last couple of days just reading all the normie reviews I can find and oh man haha this abstract imagery is just too much for them. No one gets this show like I do because I'm better than them because I'm weird and have poor social skills, am ugly and can't attract the opposite sex. Watching David Lynch shows and films is my only salvation and you can't enjoy it because you don't understand it llike I do because I'm special NORMIESSESS REEEEEE

Is James Comey the real life Dale Cooper?

Memeing cunts as well. Fuck off so we can actually have a decent thread.

So is the black lodge like monsters inc where they have various demons go around creating suffering?

If BOB is the top dog does this mean there's minimum wage demons who do minor things like making people trip and break their wrist and spitting in food?

You faggots are a bunch of blind followers of Lynch who won't accept that "Twin Peaks: The Return" is a total disaster. This is the final proof that rebooting old series is a really *really* bad idea, since not even Lynch can do it right.

TPTR is not Twin Peaks: it's a bland, sad, and pathetic attempt of self-celebration in the form of an artificial continuation of an unfinished old work. So old that you, the creator, can't even remember correctly. Ironically, at a metalanguage level, the topics of this reboot perfectly reflect what reboots per se are: concretely, a doppelganger, product of a creative void. It's not Cooper who is lost here, it's David Lynch himself. Maybe this is his unconscientious talking...

I will tell you one thing, Sup Forums: after watching the first episode I was actually deceived for a moment, as I thought it was going to be great; maybe it was going to be more in the direction of FWWM, but I was OK with that. But then, after episode two I started to realize what was really going on here. At episode three, I started to cry and almost turned off my TV, as I finally understood what was happening here: it was the dead of one of the greatest artists of the 20th century.

Butthurt normie detected.

Someone needs to record that album with actual music.

This was pretty good at first but it fell apart halfway through. Please try harder.

It's unlike anything you can see these days on the telly. But not in a good way. It's one thing to do an old-fashioned show, or homage maybe - it's quite another to do something completely anti-modern. Each scene takes years to unfold and it's by design. The long still shots of nothing really happening, the actors staring blankly into the distance, the inane dialogue where every word is uttered like it has some utmost hidden significance... It's not how I remember "Twin Peaks". There used to be humour and suspense in there, too.
I can imagine two kinds of people being attracted to this. The first is the nostalgic souls that will tune in to look for the hallmarks of the series they used to love. They'll be disappointed. The majority of old cast is here but they don't seem to serve any narrative purpose, not that there's any narration to be served. In short, it's like looking at the dolls in a wax museum, only they're moving somewhat and saying things. The brownish set design is also here, but it looks quite uneasy on the eyes this time around.
The second kind is, of course, the hipsters. The smug, elitist bunch who think adoring the self-important experimentalist, that is David Lynch, gives them a pass to some kind of intellectual heaven. I don't know how many of them are there left, though, it's 21st century after all. Nevertheless, they'll likely to relish the idiotic lines of dialogue in which they'll inevitably find some "clues" they're supposed to pick up on and collect towards the series' finale, where there will undoubtedly be some big cathartic payoff. Seeing that the original series didn't end with a payoff but a cliffhanger, I don't see any reason that this one should either. Resolving things is not what charlatans like Lynch do. They'd be found out if they were.
Anyway, all in - fair warned, you could have already seen where this was going with the abysmal "Fire Walk With Me" feature film. If you're a hipster, do continue to watch.

Does that mean Trump is BOB?

the asian's mom, that slicing monster that killed tracey and bald space marine dude
the bell sent her away for a few moments to a different universe where it killed aforementioned couple before returning
it also switched the plug through which coop was able to escape

/tpg/ - Copypasta General

this is fucking awesome

Jade or Emerald?

Jesus Christ man, just go outside.

What was Cooper thinking in this scene?

>bald space marine dude

>You never loved her anyway
Why did Dale say this to Bobby? Pretty dickish, also incorrect.

holy shit the scene with lynch and duchovny is so great

>ywn hear "Helloooooooo!"

First, big fan of the original one. Can't say I'm surprised this one is as bad as the other reboots/remakes.

There are plenty of new hipsterish characters that I can't relate to. A story-line that feels like you are watching something between CSI, Dexter and Desperate Sex in the City. Not Twin Peaks. NOT BY A LONG SHOT.

If you are growing a beard, like bad music, wearing skinny jeans and pretending you watched the original one, even though you weren't even born back then, have a horrible style and no substance, then yeah, you're gonna like the new one.

As for me personally... It officially ended when Dale head-butted the mirror. It was a good show. One of the best, if not the best. But it ended then and there. The new one feels more like it is a bad parody of the original one with some marketing elements for the hipster audience.

The only character this show might be worth watching for is Ray Wise's, because he's an incredible actor and always delivers. Yet everything else is so wrong about this reboot that I just want it to end ASAP so we all can forget season 3 ever existed.

Probably some interrogation tactic.

To illicit an emotional, spontaneous response.

Fedora-tipping Sup Forums faggots are gonna be sucking Lynch's ass for months, this is the ultimate hipster show

thought the investigation was over at that point, he told truman he knew bobby wasn't the culprit. maybe I'm wrong.

Do we really need all the IMDB reviews AGAIN? All the newfags will get confused and reply to them instead of discussing the show.

If Bob was tired of possessing Leland & wanted to move into Laura does that make Bob trans?

/tpg/ more like toilet paper general I'm wiping my ass with these threads because of HOW SHIT THEY'VE BECOME.

Jesus Christ man, we get it.

It's FWWM: The Series. Make of that what you will.

This is the average David Lynch dicksucker

call for help

>Chromatics - Shadow
I was getting ready to be let down by the Julee Cruise replacements, but this one in particular worked really well, especially with James showing up.

Butthurt bandagoner detected. Sorry you were late to the party, better luck next time. Meanwhile people who've followed Lynch for years and have been waiting for this since day one will enjoy every minute.

Nonexistent: experimental garbage or his best work?

FWWM is actually pretty tame by comparison. At most it has more in common with the Theresa Banks scenes than the Laura storyline.

Nah, Bob only displays as male in his spirit form because it's more intimidating and is far more capable of well violence (Penetration.) Bob is genderless and immaterial.

He wanted to take over Laura because she seemed to have the majority of the town wrapped around her finger and wanted to use that to spread more corruption and sorrow.

You're wiping your ass with shit? That doesn't sound very efficient.

Posted on reddit

No, pic related is.

>Swans shirt

Fuck, that saddens me.

that dude is a joke

I always knew Andy was the shitposter of the gang.

thats Devendra Banhart Hes an american singer born in venezuela, he just like to dress like a cuck but hes pretty chill.

I think it was a nod to the original but I doubt he is going to be the one to drive to North Dakoda and save him.

For the guy who thought it looked like an album cover.

Is there a list of episodes to skip in season 2 on rewatch?

Didn't think I was gonna but I have to do a rewatch

That wonderful British word, "twaddle", seems tailor made for Twin Peaks 2017.

A show this vapid, devoid of plot and vacant of dialog deserves something more than just ordinary words like, "nonsense", "drivel", or "garbage".

I can imagine a group of fifth grade boys hopped up on Red Bull coming up with this amalgam of sound effects, over-the-top graphics, and misanthropic demi-monsters.

I turned it off after 45 minutes so I'm guessing I missed the vampire and zombie scenes and the part where a caped superhero comes in and saves the buxom babe in a thong.

This show is representative of so many things that are wrong with Hollywood and the entertainment industry that it should be cataloged in the Library of Congress as a documentary on that subject.

Good stuff. I made a James album cover but this one is really cool.

Whatever happened to Devendra Banhart? I was a fan of him like 10 years ago.

someone beat you to it

>tfw it hits you Laura will never grow older

youve been outdone kid

>This show is representative of so many things that are wrong with Hollywood and the entertainment industry
Honestly, this is a valid point. The show only got made because Lynch sold out (pic related). And that's after years of touting himself as an auteur.

m8
younggodrecords.com/pages/devendra-banhart

I wanted to add a "featuring [the song he sang with the girls]" below the title but I couldn't remember if it was You or I.

youtube.com/watch?v=F4wh_mc8hRE

Why is product placement wrong.

I was the user that posted that original crop in the last general. This is so good

This. Why didn't he invent his own computers and cars for the series. What a hack.

Lynch is making fun of product placement not surrendering to it.

New arm is kino

It's marketing in a film which you are trying to enjoy.

>it doesn't count when Lynch does it

Doesn't matter what he was trying to do, the show looks like a marketing gimmick. No wonder there are no commercials because they were already hamfisted into the show.

I love how you guys have an explanation for the product placement and crap, when you would have been bitching about it for anything else.

my dads gay

David Lynch's directed several commercials, so I doubt he cares about product placement.

Because it's okay when Lynch does it. Not even joking.

Lynch is a master of cinema and finally did product placement right, we should all be grateful

Happy birthday Dana

I don't remember the roadhouse ever being that packed in the old series, and everyone there seems pretty young. Did it go from the local hangout to a "rustic" hot spot for hipsters?

Kek. Okay, thank you.

Now I know that these threads are just oozing with Irony. I was taking things seriously, carry on.

>having a problem with this

hello newfag

Another one for shits and giggles

Gentrification. 25 years is a long time.

I actually hate it when I see how some directors try to censor well known brands. It feels unnatural.

I skipped from 18 to the series finale.

I guess I have to watch Seasons 1 and 2 now
>I remember seeing some of it as a kid, but obviously didn't get it and it was scary

I better not be getting trolled into watching some fucking pointless experimental artsy garbage with no coherent story and lack of substance being masked by "style"

youtube.com/watch?v=icfq_foa5Mo

post James album cover please

I'm not defending it, it could have been mandated for Showtime as a small price for Lynch having complete creative control. But you have to realize, not every real brand being shown in a show is paid advertising. Hell, Mad Men was a show about advertising, and no product in the entire run of the show was paid product placement. Sometimes real brands just look better than generic logo-less shit. That takes me out of what I'm watching even more.

Besides, if you were a car company, why would you want your product to be shown being driven by a murderous lunatic? Unless that goes back to the first point, and it was Lynch purposely shitting on something he needed to do.

Reminder that product placement is bullshit.

my version

What the fuck are the differences between what Dougie Jones and Doppleganger Cooper puked up?

Well, the Mercedes Amg(?) is a beautiful car

here you go

>tfw he's in nothing else notable
Poor Dana.

Jade. She gives two rides.

>using cooper std font
you devil you