Discuss

discuss

How could you sit through this? His worst film.

Nothing to discuss. Literally chaos with no purpose.

there's literally nothing to discuss, only lynch cumming over the viewer also this

>lynch cumming over the viewer
when you can allow yourself to lie back and let Lynch pound you through the screen to the point of climax is the mark of a true patrician.

I'm honored to say that I've taken that pounding and am I better man for it.

Axxon N. is the longest-running radio play in history. The series, particularly its title, seems to be mysteriously linked to the curse, the Lost Girl, and/or the Phantom. It appears at key points leading Nikki/Sue toward her destiny.

Also axon (anatomy) reminds me of the tree looking thing in twin peaks

....ok

Saw a premiere showing of this in New Mexico.

>David Lynch skyped into the theater before the film
>Face 20 feet tall, fills the frame, smoking a cigarette
>"HELLO EVERYONE! I'D LIKE TO PRESENT AN INTERPRETIVE SAXOPHONE SOLO BEFORE THE FILM TO SET THE MOOD!"
>Saxophone lanklet steps up to front of theater
>Plays worst sax solo I've ever heard
>David smiling in the background
>Sax man finishes with a fart DOOT
>"BEAUTIFUL! ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL THANK YOU. NOW ENJOY INLAND EMPIRE

All in all this intro was the best part about the movie. The whole thing was Laura's dream from FWWM stretched out into 3 HOURS

wouldnt this be fucking GOAT if it wasnt filmed like that, handheld and all

Its like getting eaten alive and then spat out through a vagina

>Lynch shot the film without a complete screenplay. Instead, he handed each actor several pages of freshly written dialogue each day.[3] In a 2005 interview, he described his feelings about the shooting process: "I've never worked on a project in this way before. I don’t know exactly how this thing will finally unfold... This film is very different because I don’t have a script. I write the thing scene by scene and much of it is shot and I don’t have much of a clue where it will end. It’s a risk, but I have this feeling that because all things are unified, this idea over here in that room will somehow relate to that idea over there in the pink room."[8]
>Interviewed at the Venice Film Festival, Laura Dern admitted that she didn't know what Inland Empire was about or the role she was playing, but hoped that seeing the film's premiere at the festival would help her "learn more."[3] Justin Theroux has also stated that he "couldn't possibly tell you what the film's about, and at this point I don't know that David Lynch could. It's become sort of a pastime—Laura [Dern] and I sit around on set trying to figure out what's going on."[9]

literally just a bunch of random shit they made up on the spot

fuck this movie

pineapple

I watched this crap when I still thought Lynch was cool and I couldn't finish it.

If by worst you mean best next to Eraserhead

Intermittently has some interesting ideas, but it looks like garbage. Lynch had no idea what he was doing as a cinematographer with a camera format he'd never employed before. The whole thing just looks like a home movie. Plus all the shit in Poland is insanely pointless.

The scene where Laura Dern dies on the street then doesn't seem to realize she's just acting in a movie is kino, though

I should really watch it sober someday.

It's amazingly scary, maybe the scariest movie ever. The ugly imagery starts to make total sense about 45 minutes in. He built the whole movie around the blurry, dark, grainy look, so it feels right.
Lynch does outrageous things with the suggestion of links between these unrelated scenes. Something incredibly otherworldly seems to be going on. He accomplishes all of this with almost no special effects - incredible.
Might be his best movie, but it's the only avant garde movie a lot of people have ever seen, so they tend to dismiss it offhand, as if every movie has to make traditional narrative sense.

>all this buzzwords

Is it worth buying the Blu Ray of this or is the quality no different from the DVD?

Do you mean hyperbole? What did I write that's a 'buzzword'?

the film attempts to express the creative process.

That ideas arrive within human consciousness from some hyper-dimensional place of archetypes.

The cursed play creates a portal for the denizens of that plane to enter our world

I unironically love this film.

Same. No point in trying to understand it. Watch it for how it makes you feel. Think of it as a surrealist painting. The point of the film is the blur the lines between dream and reality. It's supposed to mess with your head the way a dream would. Treat it as such. Stop pretending as if every work of art has to mean something.

Yeah it's good enjoyed, the ending cleared things up nicely. For those that don't understand it watch again pay extra special attention to a scene right near the end where someone is there who shouldn't be. I won't spoil the surprise.