I've been arguing with a guy about whether Latin America is closer to the US and Canada culturally than Europe is...

I've been arguing with a guy about whether Latin America is closer to the US and Canada culturally than Europe is. What do you think? I would say yes.

>US
>Canada
>culture
KEEEKKK

Latin America is culturally closer to the way of our Amerindian ancestors

latin america have to be closer to my dick desu senpai

probably. In my experience on this site americans are very different to europeans. Snow flakes logic vs ubermensch complex

>Argentina
>Majority white country
>Closer to Amerindian culture

Makes sense?

Turkey shouldn't even be considered European. You're a bunch of Central Asian mongrels who think that taking over a western empire makes you westerners yourselves.

okay chang calm your tits pls.

Estonia is literally a forest. How can you talk about culture

why are you so mean

I think we are close to US, geography obviously is the biggest factor plus US being superpower.
But europe just doesnt care about us which is just what you would expect they got their own problems.
But when you see the past, the beginning of our countries that being colony times and post independence the european influence left the big mark, US is just a recent thing compared to everything, but it is the present.

give colombian gf pls

send turkish qts pls

no!
stop sexualizing turkish girls!
right now!

Crime rates are similar, holidays are similar (somewhat), religion is similar, we have 3 languages at best, enjoy the same sports, the same food, television, music, etc. I would say that Pan-American culture is ssentially the same but with each country having it's own unique taste

Yeah I mean the only places in Europe culturally similar to Latin America are Spain and Portugal, and those countries are culturally miles apart from most Latin American countries

Even overseas territories of European countries are more like the US than they are their European rulers. Nobody goes to the Dutch West Indies expecting Amsterdam

Hmm yeah, i think we are similar enough considering we are very clearly in different hemispheres.
I dont know enough about canada sadly but i think our differences are mainly climate based.
To me US is the most alien and different if we ignore the guyanas

>Nobody goes to the Dutch West Indies expecting Amsterdam
Excuse me?

I would equate Chile to Florida. Some would say California but California is an agricultural powerhouse and is extremely liberal. I don't know the politics of Chile but the climate, economy and culture seems a lot closer to that of cities like Miami.

It’s a mix. We both close to The USA and Spain, not so much to Canada or the rest of europe

The USA is a Latin American country, senpai.

Hmm, i get the feeling that florida and miami are much more tropical than any other part of chile could hope to be.
The comparison with california is not a wrong one in any case climate wise, but thats just the central part of chile, we got a big part of our agriculture and vineyard there too after all.
Now about politics chile tends to be more conservative, so a mix?

It depends though. I know that in literature we were always much more closer with Spain and France (as everyone else was) than to the US. In other media, the US (and Canada as well) have a much very strong influence here.

I'd say that the fundamentals of our culture are very close to Iberia, while in modern times, the US feels closer, particularly with the american meia influence.

>Mutt'd AF
>Big inequality
>We wuz yropeen n' sheeit
>I am a free citizen
>Native people marginalized or ignored

Yes, pretty accurate.