/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

Formica Table Edition

Use this to make new threads: pastebin.com/u92hX6rX

WARNING: If you haven't watched until S3E04, spoilers abound.

FAQ:
>I want to get into Twin Peaks, in which order should I watch it?
Season 1 > Season 2 > Fire Walk With Me > The Missing Pieces > read Secret History of Twin Peaks (optional) > Season 3
>I have never watched Twin Peaks, can I start with Season 3?
No.*
>I have not watched Season 2, can I skip to Season 3?
No.*
>I have not watched Fire Walk with Me, can I skip to Season 3?
No.*
>I watched the new episodes without ever watching any of the old stuff and still enjoyed it. You mad?
No.
>Has everything leaked?
No.
Ep 1-2 were released normally on 21st, Ep 3-4 on the internet that same night.
Ep 3-4 will be re-aired on 28th. You can find torrents for 1-4 already.
>When does Episode 5 air?
June 4, same time as premiere

*By "No" we mean "You shouldn't if you actually want to enjoy the series and understand the motifs/story"

Music:
youtube.com/watch?v=IGUboLZx3Tk
youtube.com/watch?v=yPW-cPfkd4E
youtube.com/watch?v=5l2EbSK8bNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=khMlcTE7lw8
picosong.com/MTTA/

Links:
>The Secret History of Twin Peaks (MOBI)
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=933D7216D1B8C38C9F507E2624886FBF
>"Diane..." The Twin Peaks Tapes Of Agent Cooper
archive.org/details/DianeTheTwinPeaksTapesOfAgentCooper

Meanwhile...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=icfq_foa5Mo
youtube.com/watch?v=TPqZs7Vl_xg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's total shit

What does "getting" Twin Peaks mean?

Let's post some directors that leave Lynch and his hipster millenial fans in the dirt. Ill start.

So you made the ring out of the table?

call for help

Vince pls go

youtube.com/watch?v=icfq_foa5Mo

I watched The Missing Pieces before Fire Walk With Me

Understanding the visuals presented onscreen

its partial shit
I disliked the marlon brando scene, the length of dougie jones scenes, the useless denise scene, the useless jacoby scene. Its obvious lynch is fillering it up to fuck with us.

Read it.

*who

That must have been weird user

Y A N B
A
N
B

youtube.com/watch?v=TPqZs7Vl_xg

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

me too, unknowingly, because the torrent was mislabeled. it was really freaky.

The Cossacks are in the Ukraine

Me too, I thought that Missing Pieces was FWWM.

>I disliked the marlon brando scene, the length of dougie jones scenes, the useless denise scene, the useless jacoby scene
You're literally listing off all of the best scenes you contrarian shit

Mark is it okay if I pirate your e-book
You won't get mad right
I'll buy it soon

So Sarah Palmer was a coke whore right?

Not evil demon inside her controlling her?

Its kinda shit, whole thing is a series of moments waiting for a payoff, and knowing Lynch most won't come so it will be shit and then we'll have to deal with L Y N C H K I N O fags who are as contrarian as they come.

So, according to the woman in the room in episode 3, Evil Coop is gonna get to Twin Peaks before Autism Coop. Evil Coop is currently in a prison for two days. How many fucking episodes are we gonna have to deal with Autism Coop? I'm loving the new season otherwise, but Autism Coop is just cringeworthy to me.

I too made this rookie mistake, but desu The Missing Pieces are kino in their own right

I need her so.

This

I didnt realize until maybe half an hour in, because i thought it was supposed to be disjointed and weird and make no sense thanks David

Nah motherfucker, that's the LUL A TREE!!!! moment. That was the moment that every normie collectively turned it off.

No, she was just an absolute cumdumpster smackhead.

same here but then i watch FWWM then rewatched missing pieces

doofus coop and his whole setup are completely KINO

hahah holy shit, i didn't realize how many people watched TMP thinking it was FWWM. hilarious that we all got extremely, incredibly LYNCHED by torrent uploaders.

You faggots are a bunch of blind followers of Lynch who won't accept that "Twin Peaks: The Return" is a total disaster. This is the final proof that rebooting old series is a really *really* bad idea, since not even Lynch can do it right.

TPTR is not Twin Peaks: it's a bland, sad, and pathetic attempt of self-celebration in the form of an artificial continuation of an unfinished old work. So old that you, the creator, can't even remember correctly. Ironically, at a metalanguage level, the topics of this reboot perfectly reflect what reboots per se are: concretely, a doppelganger, product of a creative void. It's not Cooper who is lost here, it's David Lynch himself. Maybe this is his unconscientious talking...

I will tell you one thing, Sup Forums: after watching the first episode I was actually deceived for a moment, as I thought it was going to be great; maybe it was going to be more in the direction of FWWM, but I was OK with that. But then, after episode two I started to realize what was really going on here. At episode three, I started to cry and almost turned off my TV, as I finally understood what was happening here: it was the dead of one of the greatest artists of the 20th century.

I just hope he got alot better after drinking coffee again and continues his journey back to twin peaks to get the lodge or so

I'm watching Missing Pieces, never watched it before.

How is Sheryl Lee so beautiful

She was gifted. Laura was damned.

>Autism Coop is just cringeworthy

HELLLOOOOOOoooooOOOOO

It's the smile.

Hahaha
LYNCHED
Y
N
C
H
E
D

>doofus coop and his whole setup are completely CRINGE

It would be an extremely entertaining premise if Cooper the character wasn't so god damn endearing or well established. Seeing him as Dougie is really fucking heartbreaking for extended scenes. I don't hate it, but it gets hard to watch pretty quickly.
>yfw Lynch never returns him from this state

Philip Jeffries scene will blow your mind.

Already you Twin Peak hipsters. Go ahead and name me a single scene in the entire show that is as emotionally moving as this one. Ill be waiting right here.

This scene was so good, and permanently cemented Moira as Best Donna.

I MEAN LAURA

requesting the opening shot of the sign from the first series with the word "LYNCHED" in the classic font

that was the moment lynch announced
>netflix and chill huh? Lets see if you get a boner after this
>expected comfy twin peaks huh?
>damn good coffee? DAMN GOOD COFFEE?!
>lynched

Honestly the hardest scene to watch for me was the Convenience Store one

It was pure undiluted Lynch and my brain had trouble adjusting at what the fuck I was watching

Felt like I was having a nightmare

Kind of want to avoid the missing pieces because I heard of the Cooper scene at the end and it kind of ruins the whole film.

I don't think retard Coop is that bad, but I would prefer to see anything else.

Is he OK?

We know.

Yah know, I love the revival, but it's really weird not having Angelo's music in almost every scene. It's weird to have it so quiet.

I don't know lad, I only come to Sup Forums to talk about Twin Peaks so I don't even recognize your show

The correct answer is always Major Briggs speehh to Bobby

She's terrifying

Yeah, that was disturbing as fuck.

not being a genre fiction nerd who obsesses over the minutae of the plot rather than the overall function of the narrative and the cinematography.

I hate every single discussion about this shit I see. nobody here understands even this, the most paletable visual art ever gifted to their undeserving little brains

hang in there leo

@83161152

New season doesn't even feel like twin peaks. Everything seems forced and annoying to watch.

not taking everything as a literal clue to something.
Sometimes it is just weird for the sake of being weird.
BUT that doesn't mean there isn't a plot.

You should probably go. I heard reddit has a Twin Peaks subbreddit, you might find that site more of your taste.

idk what font you're talking about but i used classic comic sans

Sorry forgot how to link properly.

fabulous, thank you so much

this is the answer

*ly beautiful

Oh nice!

Is that the White Lodge inside of her face?

Is that a fucking tree I see on the back of her face

If Twin Peaks is so good, why does Lynch himself consider it one of his lesser works?

Just going to leave this here.

>forgot how to link properly.

m8, i didn't want to give him a (You)

neckbeard version of sopranos with the shitty pop sensibilities of Dexter, complete with the writers forgetting the purpose of their protagonist a few seasons in

white light. That is something good right?

Yo does fish in the perculator dude in the new shit? He was my favorite comic relief character.

>Sorry forgot how to link properly.

WEW reddit

He wasn't involved with most of the episodes. He was busy with Wild at Heart for the latter half of season 1 and then ditched the show during mid season 2 because he was butthurt about having to wrap up the central mystery.

I think you're the one who has to go shitpost somewhere else lad

The concert scenes feel so disconnected from the rest of the show. It's like they're not even playing in the same bar.

The lighting is completely different when they cut to James being cool, or sluts doing shots.

Its basically 3 different shows at this point. One about Booper doing dirty deeds, one about Cooper flailing about, and one about Twin peaks proper that barely gets screentime. Common thread is none of them get the fleshing out they need to stay compelling. If Lynch didn't throw weird as fuck bad special effects at you regularly you'd probably fall asleep the pacing is so bad.

I keep returning to the scene in the latest episode where Evil Coop is being interviewed, because it looks and sounds so wrong. I get the impression that Lynch superimposed a shoop of Evil Coop's dead eyes over the actor

>I AM THE MUFFIN

What did she mean by this?

user, he's been dead since 96'

Buying a physical copy of the show?

He died 21 years ago.

I think it fits perfectly.

they were probably shot at different times, like the questions in a world of blue scene in FWWM

because the stage lights are on the stage?

beaten to death at a Winchell's Doughnut shop in the AM?

>There seemed to emanate from it a light from within, this gleaming, radiant marble.

he isn't going to get better on his own. the fbi has no reason to believe that this Cooper exists right now. it's up to hawk, but I can't see how he could be brought to Las Vegas.

unless Naomi Watts finds the hotel key in his pocket and goes there to confront a mistress or something, I cant predict how the fuck Cooper is gonna get home