Captain Marvel 1-5 Storytime

Was going to storytime today's issue of Captain Marvel, but since its the end of the first arc, I figure I might as well storytime ALL the issues.

So here's the first arc of ANAD Captain Marvel, aka Alpha Flight: Agents of SWORD.

This arc really felt like a lost EMH episode. (A good one, not a Loeb one.)

I'm pumped. Been waiting for this.

Yeah, the Carol/Brand dynamic from the cartoon was great. Glad they kept some of it for this.

Normally I'd say not to post pictures during a storytime, but that gif is great and is going straight into my reaction image folder, so thank you. Keep up the good work.

I love the lineless style Anka uses for the covers.

Felipe Smith fits in really well with Anka.

What a pretty boy. I will read a little.

Puck is such an ass, I love it.

This book has been surprisingly great. Best Carol we've gotten in a long time. And Alpha Flight is a great addition to the cast, especially Puck.

The only thing I would want changed is for Carol to stop strapping her breasts down.

>Carol attempts to molest her subordinate
How problematic.

Why wouldnt she wear a sports bra

It never stopped her before.

>Honestly, I could go either way.
She wants the D(anvers).

I thought #4 was a bit meandering at the time but now it's neat seeing how everything was set up for #5.

Yeah, this arc was definitely written for the trade. Individually, each issue isn't all that great, but it makes a really good cohesive whole. That tends to be the problem with decompression more often than not.