Why did the chestburster in Covenant pop out fully formed instead of being a snake thing like in the original Alien?

Why did the chestburster in Covenant pop out fully formed instead of being a snake thing like in the original Alien?

Cause Ridley is a hack

That's how they've always looked. They just couldn't covey that in the original.

two options

1. David's Xenos are not the same breed/version of the Xenos from the original Alien like the novelization hints at
2. Ridley is a hack

They come out full grown in alien 3

Maybe Ridley thought that was a good idea

I can't believe you autists still argue over this shitty science fiction.

None of the films past the first one was planned when the first one was being written and shot.
There is no grand overarching plot, just cashgrab sequels.

This
Thread/
Winner winner chicken dinner.
>5th.P.B.P

This. I think Ridley Scott just does whatever looks the best, and not necessarily what makes sense

Chestbursters haven't looked right since Aliens.

island gigantism

How did a xeno in Alien grow the size of Wilt Chamberlain in a matter of few hours? What did he eat?

wheat

The eggs in Alien and Aliens are super old. That's why the chestbursters are derpy looking and take longer to grow.

>David finds blueprint to the Aliens
>tries to replicate it
>procedure is inaccurate but similar

Holy shit, watch the fucking movie before making this retarded thread. Has the IQ of this board dropped? Anyone pay attention to the movie aside from epic memes to spam Sup Forums with?

Thank you, oh great kinosseur, for your vast and deep knowledge. Please give us more of your light and tell us who the fuck cares they are just sequels

then explain how it also looks like a snake thing in Alien3 when they do a CAT scan, they could have edited that, it was computer generated.

This, the original xenos were farmers that cultivated the land.

>your logic ends where my headcanon begins

why did everyone see this movie today?
myself included

>stated by director and novelization
>implied in film
Nice try covering up your retardation

I'm embarrassed at how hard I laughed at this

>snake thing
it was a small alien, with small legs and big tail

because Ridley is a senile hack

we need 3 prequels to explain this

It comes out curled up looking pretty much the same, you could argue that the one in the original just didn't unfold it's body.

It did look really stupid, though. Having an infant stage that looks identically proportioned to the adult one shits on what made the original feel so much like a real organism.

Different strain of Xeno m8.

Nice citations, tumblr.

For once I'd like to see a movie put them in an empty tank and show audiences just how fast they're able to grow from absolute nothingness.

The ones in Covenant literally went from burster to Yao Ming within a matter of minutes or hours at most.

>implied

I always took it that the Alien just absorbs and eats anything it finds and implements it into his body, thus its rapid growth biomechanical features because it's literally made of parts of the ship.

The problem arises from rehashing, this idea has been redone so many times now the original purpose of the growth period has become meaningless.

In Alien it was a matter of hours, probably half a day. It gave the audience a chance to breath after the trauma of the chestburster and made the return of the much larger Xeno so shocking, but now that we all know where it's going there is no reason to have a significant growth period. Bang, just get it on screen, the facehugger is a gratuity in the formula at this point.

First post best post.