Lucas comes back to Star Wars and it's shit

>Lucas comes back to Star Wars and it's shit
>Spielberg comes back to Indiana Jones and it's shit
>Jackson comes back to Middle Earth and it's shit
>Scott comes back to Alien and it's shit
>Miller comes back to Mad Max and it's good

What's his secret?

Having a franchise where going bigger and more over the top is a good idea.

> it's good
when will this meme die?

He actually wanted to.

Indiana Jones, Alien and Star Wars could all be great by going over the top.

Indeed all the EU stuff that is loved is over the top, Indiana Jones itself went over the top from it's original movie to the third, and Alien > Aliens is like the definition of over the top.

But Mad Max 1 was the best film, user. A man on the edge of collapse in a dying world, driven to extremes and breaking forever.

Once it became post-apocalyptic, it became stupid.

He's not as big of a sellout and he actually cares about the series

>>Scott comes back to Alien and it's shit
555-come on now

When it will be false, so never.

>enjoying scott's dementia writing in alien covenant

user

>Miller comes back to Mad Max and it's good
Nah. It's definitely on the bottom half of the franchise. The fact that it just barely hedges out the Lord of the Flies children isn't a big compliment to its quality.

Road Warrior > 1st half of Beyond Thunderdome > Mad Max > Fury Road > 2nd half of Beyond Thunderdome

Road Warrior is still the best Mad Max though

I agree with this. I also think that Fury Road was better than Beyond Thunderdome, though

Fury Road was complete garbage and the praise surrounding it completely baffles me.

his was the least popular franchise on a mainstream level so he was probably given more creative freedom

I'll second that. First half of BT was pretty good, but the kids and the generally confusing mess that was the second half brought it right back down.

Well the movie was cancelled in 2005, so he had 10 more years to refine it.
Also note that both Miller and Lucas weren't filmmakers. Lucas studied anthropology first and Miller was a doctor. I think that gave them a different mindset than your average director

Not giving a damn about anything but telling the fucking story.

It's not a prequel.

>the NIght...Rider
>think of him when you look up at the night sky
>take him away Bubba

I still have a hard time thinking about the jump from 1 to 2. It's only a few years and it's not post-nuclear, so everything must have fallen apart shortly after 1 and Max drove into the outback