When the book is better than the movie

>When the book is better than the movie

I want to CUM in Videl

What are some movies that are better than the book?

Souce on pic.

Fight Club. Like really dont bother its all summed up nicely in the movie.

Also dont bother with anything else by Chuck Palahniuk. Hes edgemaster: the author

Eragon

Jokes aside Stargate shows are better, and Dexter is better too

Anything Dan Brown related. Not even kidding.

The Godfather isn't better than the book but it is a very very good adaption.

That guy is such a shit writer. Honestly he is riding off the success of Da Vinchi code so hard. I mean, the idea was cool, but holy shit the execution was terrible

> The famous man looked at the red cup.

Literally a line from the book

How would you write that?

disagree, the book made the gay stuff way more apparent which i feel was kind of the point

Entire Justified series was based off a single Elmore Leonard story. If you don't know who Elmore Leonard is think Steven King for action/crime pulp but with even less quality.

That being said, when he wants to write well he can but is also great at the churn and burn shit that used to be so popular before the age of netflix and quality tv programming

How can you be gay for yourself? This interp has never worked for the movie or the book

why the fuck would i care about your opinion?

>confirmed for not having read the book

it's definitely completely absent in the movie but the book was more about repressed feeling and lashing out in order to retain, or i guess regain sanity and feel alive again. the fights in the book are described very much like male on male intercourse and a lot of the discourse is centred around coming to terms with certain uncomfortable truths. also the book is basically "anarchists hand guide lite" which i found pretty interesting. not knocking the movie, but the book is way less edgy and i think its message of "bee yourself" is a lot more resonant and easier to swallow when its not said with unflinching, and lets be honest, embarrassing teenage male fantasy fulfilment cynicism

Well for one the line would make sense. By this point the reader knows that the man is famous, so just state his name. Establish that he is talking too an audience, have someone shake his hand before hand stating that they like his work

Then the line could be for example

> Fred was distracted for a moment by a cup to the right of him, its glaze seemed to be of interest too him. The only colour that seemed too exist in such a dire and sombre room.

From this you get a feeling about how Fred sees the event, as a boring necessity that he wants too leave, with a boring old object like a cup being the only thing of interest in the entire room

We get nothing as an audience from 'the famous man looked at the red cup'. Why is he looking at the cup? why is it red?

So yea

>im a closet homo and everything needs to be about me.

also lets not fool anyone the book was edgy as fuck

you know the author is outspokenly gay, right? and no one is disputing the edginess of either, but i think the book with its prose and philosophies definitely earns the conclusions it draws. the movie just expects the viewer to be automatically disillusioned with the world.

The book is really good but the movie is a masterpiece
Similar thing for Blade Runner, even thought it was only inspired by the Dick's book

Every single Harry Potter movie

did he really say "etc, etc, etc"?

Coraline

>of him
>too him
The first sentence doesn't flow well. "Fred was distracted for a moment by a cup on his right, he was intrigued by its glaze and felt obliged to approach. At that instant, the cup seemed to be the only thing that existed in such a dire and sombre room."

If you have a lot of immagination, and you're creative, books often are better than movies in those parameters

There's a few.
Recently I read "Do Androids dream of electric sheep?". The book is great but so different from the movie. So you should see those two separately and SHOULD read and watch both.

I could say that some King novels are on par with the books and I wouldn't be surprised if some are better as movies. But I don't think I can name any that are.

Arrival, Lord of the Rings

my two picks at least.