/lbg/ - Letterboxd General

Two scoops edition

Previous thread: >Not sure what letterboxd is all about?
The mission of /lbg/ is to promote the intelligent discussion of film as art by providing members with opportunities for intellectual discussion, by recognizing patrician taste through examinations and by calling out embryos as they arise.

>Directions for use
Post profiles and discuss what you have recently watched, if you dare.

>Haven't got an account? Follow this link and sign up today!
letterboxd.com

>News
PUNQ loves n*gger babies

Use as a link to find the /lbg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Patricians occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>Patricians may pretend to be normal users asking for recommendations and when you recommend something, they laugh at you for your plebian taste
>This is a thread for patrician purposes only don't offer or expect frivolous discussion.

>QotT
Is Martin Scorsese better than Griffith?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/82605850/#82620944
letterboxd.com/miner4life99/
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子
letterboxd.com/mastro666/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/80605917/#80628304
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/80605917/#80628587
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Someone explain this image to me.

marathoned this last night. what did i think?

No. You fucking retard. You sub-human piece of garbage i hope you fucking get cancer you fat ass waste of oxygen I hope you die cold and alone you are a fucking degenerate. kys.

someone explain this pasta to me.

It is what it is. You fucking retard. You sub-human piece of garbage i hope you fucking get cancer you fat ass waste of oxygen I hope you die cold and alone you are a fucking degenerate. kys

Daily reminder that the top two reviewers on this site have Carol listed as their favorite movie.

tell me about it

they're both insufferable. however Katie follows me so yeah i guess you could say im a big guy

>be a woman
>watch trash and have terrible taste
>1000+ followers

letterboxd.com/27AMDi34/

>avant-garde
>short form
>nonobjective
>verse-film
>structuralism
>video art

sexy babe

wow dang this guy is super smart

Thanks you.

Every time.

Threadly Reminder:
m_obvs (now sansorganes) pay'd 19 USD to change his username after being exposed as a Sup Forumstard.
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/82605850/#82620944

Which video game is the name from?

Trump got 2 scoops of icecream and other people got one. Colbert is a lazy motherfucker and relies solely on Trump these days.

>pay'd

>Trump got 2 scoops of icecream
Only fitting for the President. Come on.

Bruce (homosexual name) Melvin (idiot name) pls (entreating) go (leave)

Read a book.

rec me a silent movy

Tabu

thank goodness im not bruce melvin

Dog Star Man

>God Rats Nam
H-holy. What did Brakhage mean by this?

why is Letterboxd Community on facebook such a plebeian shithole

We finally removing the T from lbgt???

Thank fuck. Bout time we helped the mentally ill in stead of enabling them

t. envious britcuck

White Shadows in the South of Seas>Tabu

Jonas Mekas>Stan Brakhage

Get better taste

DWARVES?

literally cease breathing you disgusting sperg

WHAT'S UP FAGS

How Far Away, How Near (1972) better than Mirror by Tarkovsky; A Town Like Alice (1956) better than The Cranes Are Flying; Lola+Age of Consent (1969) better than Harold and Maude; Andrzej Munk+Andrzej Wajda>Mikhail Kalatozov (russian cinema is for pseuds that think ideologically manipulative propoganda is the highest form of art and think wide angle lenses and dutch angles equals "good" cinematography); Boris Barnett>Dovzhenko; Willard Maas>Sergei Parajanov; Terminal Station 1953>Hiroshima Mon Amour; David & Lisa+Lilith>Persona; Flesh and Fantasy+A Woman's Face+Scotland Yard>Eyes Without a Face+Face of Another;Sadao Yamanaka>Kurosawa; Mauro Bolognini>Antonioni+Fellini; Something to Live For>Ikuru; Four's a Crowd>His Girl Friday; The Burning Soil>Nosferatu+Haxan; Sorrows of Satan+The Magician>Faust; Petrified Forest>Treasure of Sierra Madre; Akira Kurosawa's The Idiot>Von Trier's Idiots; Blind Justice>Haxan;The Vagabond King>Threepenny Opera; Gas-s-s-s>Valerie and Her Week of Wonders+Celin and Julie go Boating;john m stahl>douglas sirk; polly of the circus>la strada; The Big Knife>Kiss Me Deadly; Scarlet Days+The Winning of Barbara Worth+Angel and the Bad Man>The Searchers; The Incredible Jounrey+Soul of the Beast 1923>Au Hasard Balthazar; Brewster McCloud>Fargo; Sheer Trickery>Entr'acte; 1860>Aniki Bloblo whatever; Typhoon 1914>Menilmontant; Svengali 1931 w/ john barrymore>any Soviet "film"; They Drive By Night>They Live By Night (Raoul Walsh>Ray in general); Doomsday 1928+Hindle Wakes1927>Brief Encounter+In the Mood for Love; Venom and Eternity>Daisies; Vessel of Wrath 1938>The African Queen; The Bat That Whispers 1930+Dracula>Vampyr1932; Life Dances On 1937>Earrings of Madame De
Get better taste and stop watching criterionshit, babbies

Colbert got insanely triggered because Trump asked to be served two scoops.

is that a boy? or a girl?

letterboxd.com/miner4life99/

>Hey guys, my name is Breton Fiander and I am an amateur movie critic. I'm into film, anime, alt-rock/pop punk music and general nerd shit. I've been a Letterboxd user since January 2014. The internet gives me a voice, whereas in real life, I feel invisible and nobody notices me. I can also be a bit of an asshole. Current top 4 are my favourites of each year since 2014, but Interstellar might just stay.

>Favourite Actors: Leonardo DiCaprio, Jake Gyllenhaal, Tom Hardy, Jeremy Renner, Benedict Cumberbatch, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Matthew McConaughey

>Favourite Actresses: Jessica Chastain, Amy Adams, Margot Robbie, Jennifer Lawrence

>Favourite Directors: Christopher Nolan, Denis Villenueve, David Fincher, John Carney, Alfonso Cuaron, Guillermo del Toro, Danny Boyle, Edgar Wright

>Favourite Bands/Musicians: Thirty Seconds to Mars, The Killers, NateWantsToBattle, My Chemical Romance, Panic! At the Disco, Halflives

oh no

lul he's like 14 who cares
>The internet gives me a voice, whereas in real life, I feel invisible and nobody notices me. I can also be a bit of an asshole.
Maybe no one likes you because you're an asshole?

I want Emily Jean to fart in my mouth :3

his reviews are a gold mine. referring to interstellar as 'trippy as hell' in his review of dumbo was pretty funny.

faggot

"What are you looking at, fuckface?"

>Rogue One is the Star Wars prequel we all deserve.
?

I wonder what PUNQ's wife would say if she found out he had hundreds of pictures of nigger babies saved on his desktop

Logan > Intolerance

The B&W makes it kino, amirite?

What did she mean by this?

DRUMPH finds a way

Mods had better allow Keit-Ai again
Cancerous Sup Forums memes are allowed to thrive all across the site but one of Sup Forums's best creations isn't even allowed in its mother board.

Already a thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子

what is the point in this review?

only thing the President is fitting into is a 50-inch inseam

>as someone who's seen movies like Pi and The Neon Demon

need beer
send me a 6 pack of fosters asap
letterboxd.com/albion

>drinking tinnies of fosters
your doing it wrong pal

>he doesn't pregame with light beer for a few hours then switch to stronger stuff when it starts getting late
plen

How do you go back and add the date you watched a movie after you've already marked it watched?

letterboxd.com/mastro666/

>promote intelligent discussion
>post overused unfunny meme pic
kys yourself

>Prometheus was about the creation of horror, and Covenant is about the horror of creation, and a much better film for that.

the pic is hilarious. get your throat slit open you colossal retard.

lmaoing @ how wrong u r, autist

dumb non-reply poster

@83178951
Fite me.

dumb non-reply poster

I wonder how embarrassed PUNQ's wife must be going out swimming and he brings his nigger babies to swim in the 3ft zone

i wonder if PUNQ's wife has to take out the trash having to smell his used semen covered diapers from his nigger babies

Why is amdi so butthurt bros?

There he is. There he goes again.

Look everyone he posted it once again. Isn't he just the funniest guy around. Oh my god.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room giggling like a little girl as you once again type your little keit-ai thread up and fill in the captcha.

Or maybe you don’t even fill in the captcha, maybe you’re such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a Sup Forums pass so you just choose the picture.

Oh we all know the picture, the uh epic flip phone isn’t it? I imagine you, little shit, laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos onto the floor.

But its ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh that’s right, did I fail to mention? You live with your mother! You’re a fat fucking fuck up and she’s probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all god damn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Sup Forums posting about a shitty fanfic.

Just imagine this, she had you and then she thought you were going to be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand and then you became a NEET. A pathetic keit-ai fag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can’t even talk try to you because all you say is “FINDS A WAY FINDS A WAY FINDS A WAY.”

You became a parody of your own self. And that’s all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he’s done a million times now.

And that's all you'll ever be.

I wonder what Emily Jean would say if she found out Bruce Melvin had hundreds of pictures of MLP and gay foxes saved on his desktop

Please don't say that word.

I wonder what link_gorro's wife would say if she found out he had hundreds of pictures of nigger babies saved on his desktop

Sorry PUNQ didn't mean to trigger you

Both were greatly influenced by Marie Menken, but Mekas didn't advance her style in any significant way. He makes films for the instant satisfaction of creating something and has little interest in the life of a work. Brakhage's combination of formal structures and impressionistic approach to lighting and color eclipses Mekas's shoddily assembled films. He was the cheerleader of underground cinema.

Scenes From Under Childhood >>>> Walden

lmao

yeah totally exposed *rolls eyes*

Man I have such shit memory that I downloaded the two films THREE TIMES in the last couple days.
W E W

>Brakhage's combination of formal structures and impressionistic approach to lighting and color eclipses
It eclipses nothing. Nothing formally has been added to the vocabulary of cinema since DW Griffith, Chaplin, Robert Flaherty Paul Strand and Man Ray

tf you talking about?

Looks like I started another meme. Better add it to the list

Sit the fuck down, 27amdi34. You're a dog and a clown

Not tools
STRUCTURE
Read before you reply, brainlet.

>Man Ray
You mean Hans Richter, pleb.
Len Lye has done more too, but you haven't heard of him either. lol

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/80605917/#80628304
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/80605917/#80628587

Looks like Bruce Melvin and his Jewish boyfriend Winstonne are having relationship problems again.

that's gay

And structurally nothing has evolved since. That's why cinema can never be art. It's too mechanical and limited.

Also
>doesn't know who Len Lye is
sup babby. I doubt you know who Adrian Brunel is

27amdi34 EXPOSED