What a shitty, boring, tryhard movie

What a shitty, boring, tryhard movie

What did you expect? It's a Michael Haneke film.

delete these

This and Cache are by far his most overrated.

1. Code Unknown
2. The White Ribbon
3. Time of the Wolf
4. The Piano Teacher
5. Amour
6. Happy End
7. 71 Fragments of a Chronology of Chance
8. The Seventh Continent
9. Cache
10. Funny Games
11. Benny's Video
12. The Castle

Haven't seen anything else.

I liked Amour

Cache is very low there brother, agree on number 1 though

>Cache is very low there brother
yeah it's not very good.

you just need to read all the academic pieces written about it

the scene where the kid is splattered on the wall is pure kino my man

What an insightful, constructive, eloquent post.

>tryhard
how to tell when someone doesn't know why they dislike something in one simple word

>you just need to read all the academic pieces written about it
No I don't think so. I am appreciative of the form, and the performances, but framing a thriller around the Algerian massacre is very cringeworthy.

I only saw the 2007 remake. Movie sucked.

fair enough. are you sure you don't want to call me a cunt or something for liking it?

At the first screening at Cannes the audience applauded and cheered when he got shotgunned to the wall, only to go dead silent in utter disbelief when the rewind happened.

You can just picture Haneke forming the most smug face in existence at that very moment.

She was nowhere near as good as the original lady. Still though

I saw an interview with him where he said the two parts of The Seventh Continent that got the biggest reactions, of fury and disbelief, were the fish dying and the money getting flushed down the toilet.

Under any other circumstance I would but I'm too distracted today. Sorry.

FPBP

That's okay. maybe we were in on it from the start anyway, that's a little Cache humor for all the Haneke fans out there.

Yeah Michael "The film rapes the viewer, I hated Schindler's List, and let me tell you why Europe needs more brown people" Haneke is a real cut-up.

Haneke is a hack and a deranged pervert

agreed

What did she mean by this???

such a nasty movie but definitely hilarious.

how the fuck did you see Happy End already?

I liked Benny's Video. It's a nice change of pace from >western """""civilization""""" lmao

>It's a nice change of pace from >western """""civilization""""" lmao
It pushes a similar ideology though. Blaming the western media, a nice well-off European family has a son who is a killer, etc.

OP triggered by the remote control scene
fucking amerifat who likes typical home invasion horrors

While there are elements of muh violent media narrative, I think it's mostly about the shitty family dynamic which can happen anywhere regardless of class.

>the shitty family dynamic
I don't think it was a shitty dynamic, it seemed fairly typical which I think was the point.

Why do people get so mad at the remote scenes? Because it doesn't play out like typical home invasion shit. Wow

>typical
Benny was practically an orphan. His parents only snapped out of it when it was far too late, which is where the tragedy comes in. They were perfectly capable of being warm, loving, and communicating all along. They just failed to do so because fuck it, they didn't feel there was a need for it and they had better things to do. And as soon as things seemed calm again, they went back to their old patterns, showing that they learned nothing which is why he turned them in. It's not normal to communicate with your kid through sticky notes, and stuff you buy, or to expect him to raise himself. Or at least it shouldn't be.

>It's not normal to communicate with your kid through sticky notes, and stuff you buy, or to expect him to raise himself
IT WORKED FOR DOUBLE D

>worked
Kid was probably trichotillomanic, OCD striken bundle of anxiety. Give him a few years, and he'd kill Sarah too, guarantee it.

It's implied he wears the hat to cover his baldness so you're onto something there.