/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

ARE YOU THE MAN? Edition

Use this to make new threads: pastebin.com/u92hX6rX

WARNING: If you haven't watched until S3E04, spoilers abound.

FAQ:
>I want to get into Twin Peaks, in which order should I watch it?
American Pilot (the one that lasts ~1h30m) + Season 1 > Season 2 > Fire Walk With Me > The Missing Pieces > read Secret History of Twin Peaks (optional) > Season 3
>I have never watched Twin Peaks, can I start with Season 3?
No.*
>I have not watched Season 2, can I skip to Season 3?
No.*
>But user I've heard Season 2 dips in quality a lot after the first 9 episodes and then comes back to quality at around episode 17-22
This is true, but ideally you should still watch it all. You can skip the James-out-of-town scenes safely.
>I have not watched Fire Walk with Me, can I skip to Season 3?
No.*
>I watched the new episodes without ever watching any of the old stuff and still enjoyed it. You mad?
No.
>Has everything leaked?
No.
Ep 1-2 were released normally on 21st, Ep 3-4 on the internet that same night.
Ep 3-4 will be re-aired on 28th. You can find torrents for Ep 1-4 already.
>When does Episode 5 air?
June 4, same time as premiere

*By "No" we mean "You shouldn't if you actually want to enjoy the series and understand the motifs/story"

Music:
youtube.com/watch?v=IGUboLZx3Tk
youtube.com/watch?v=sjvVw0pgdKc
youtube.com/watch?v=5l2EbSK8bNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=khMlcTE7lw8
youtube.com/watch?v=MvCp0XtXYXw
youtube.com/watch?v=vsevMDc7-fo
youtube.com/watch?v=jxlGtcW1Qg8

Links:
>The Secret History of Twin Peaks (MOBI)
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=933D7216D1B8C38C9F507E2624886FBF
>"Diane..." The Twin Peaks Tapes Of Agent Cooper
archive.org/details/DianeTheTwinPeaksTapesOfAgentCooper
>More Twin Peaks reading material
pastebin.com/RYJr9bPW

Is it future, or is it past?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fJdA7dwx6-4
youtube.com/watch?v=0UvaIvHW1zk
youtu.be/i-MF17dCsfY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for hi

/tpg/ is already dead after only four days. What a joke of a series and fanbase LOL

Dougie Jones

I'm Yuro and the track is pretty much a classic but still good on you for learning its name. Dave was a legend.

>THE GARMONBOZIA LYNCH
>GIVE IT TO ME

Denise is my idol.

E L E C T R I C I T Y

Isn't that the log lady's husband?

Can someone explain this scene for me? I have absolutely no clue what the fuck happened

Cruzposting is the best thing to come out of Sup Forums.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Could well be - the spirits seem to be able to recreate bodies they've inhabited/those that have been the the Black Lodge/Red Room. But I think the Log Lady's husband is meant to be in her log.

gb2r*ddit

I'll be happy if I never have to see Michael Cera again.

I watched the whole first season. When does it get spooky/creepy. I was promised Silent Hill vibes.

The whole Wally scene had me laiughing more than anything else in S3.

Just watched INLAND EMPIRE last night.

How did everyone react to that spooky face jump-scare around the end?

Your dharma is ...

>muh vidya
too kino for you, reddit is that way

This isn't how you do a starter pack wtf

Scariest scene Lynch has ever filmed

season 2 finale

Why did Bowie have to die? God dammit. I bet he would have been happy to come back.

I was about to fall asleep because it was getting very late and the last 30 minutes were nothing but chore so far. It's still the most I've reacted to a jumpscare because it's just so unexpected.

So Cooper turned into a retard?

you won't sleep again after you meet... LITTLE NICKY

...put the fucking hat on Michael and get back in my TV.

Bowie's true passion was acting. I think if he wasn't rushing to complete blackstar he would have been in it.

So, is there any mention of cherry pie or damn fine coffee in the new season?

WHEN WILL SHE FINALLY DO ANAL FFS

They studiously avoided making the coffee reference right at the start of the first ep

Episode 4 gave us a little hint, this is going to be a slow burn user. Be patient, enjoy, and pay attention.

Beginning and ending of S2

Also, Fire Walk with Me

Reposting pic related, who's he?

I don't notice the difference on my monitor.
Was tempted to go for 480p because I couldn't find a proper 720p Mega link for Ep3.
It's really confusing.

It was suggested in FWWM already, I think, that Bowie is an FBI agent that disappeared a while back while investigating something odd, probably the Black Lodge.
In FWWM he was time-traveling or something due to his experiences with the Lodges, he learns that at some point Cooper isn't really Cooper, he comes back to warn everyone, sees Cooper, assumes it isn't Cooper because his sense of time is whacky and unreliable at this point, and says something like "Who do you think this is?", before being dragged through space and time again.
Or something.

In Ep4 it was revealed that Albert gave Bowie some secret information because apparently Bowie needed it to help Cooper, suggesting that perhaps Bowie had met with Doppelganger Cooper and got tricked by him into releasing secret information (which resulted in the death of the man in Colombia, or was it Columbia?), perhaps it was this that made Bowie realize Cooper isn't really himself.

>Bowie's true passion was acting.
then why did he go to...
youtube.com/watch?v=fJdA7dwx6-4

Why isn't Kyle McLachlan in more stuff? Is he semi-retired? He's legitimately an excellent actor.

He is great. I don't know, but I don't care because almost all movies and shows these days are steaming piles of horseshit.

Twin Peaks season 3 is the first show I've enjoyed since True Detective Season 1.

It was 3 AM, and I was already drifiting into dreamland. I almost threw my laptop to other side of the room, and I'm not easily fazed by stuff like that.

he tried but all the films flopped and then he got typecasted as "a guy for middle aged women". Sex and the Ctiy and then Desperate Housewives. Not to mention he had a tv show that flopped that wasn't twin peaks - in justice.

We are NOT going to talk about Judy

I watched it in a cinema a year ago, from 10 in the evening to 1 at night. It was like a fever dreamOne of the best cinema experiences ever. Watched FWWM for the first time at that same cinema too.

Who was phone?

his eyelids are painted

I was just about to about to put it on to watch before going to sleep, but now I've changed my mind

He's literally saying Help Me (Ayudame)

I only recently discovered he was in Portlandia

youtube.com/watch?v=0UvaIvHW1zk

someone pretending to be jefferies. or new person playing jefferies if bowie didnt record his scenes. if so im glad bowie died. he coulda did something good in his career.

Whose name was he saying? Phillip?
As in, David Bowie?

Either way, someone replaced Phillip, perhaps the evil ghost that broke free from the glass room?

100% the spirit of the log

That's the joke. The subtitles for that scene have him saying "Are you the man?!" when he's clearly just saying "Ayudame!"

why is creamed corn the symbolization of garmonbozia

Because I said NO CREAMED CORN.

King of the Black Lodge.

Creamed corn is fucking disgusting. Pretty good representation of pain and suffering.

>yfw Pete and the Log Lady fucked irl

I think the robotic voice and the fact that DoppleCoop says that he's "still nowhere" seems to imply that Jeffries is now in the realm that connects to the electric current or something like that.

When I saw it in a cinema 10 years ago it made me scream out loud. Only time a movie has ever made me scream.

I was pretty much a nervous wreck for the whole last 2.5 hours. I think it's the scariest movie I've ever seen by a huge margin.

So what were those things that looked like holes or portals to the Black Lodge doing on top of the slot machines?

Fuck lads, I think it's actually clicked with me now. The lack of music and the darker tone threw me off, but it's definitely Twin Peaks at its core.

I done been Lynch'd.

Is The Giant good or bad? Ostensibly he seems good, but he's from the Black Lodge? Or is he just from the Red Room?

They were showing Mr. Jackpots were the money will pop out.

Yeah, but why were they there?

Some entity from the Black Lodge helping Dougie win money to ensure he didn't get whacked by the people he owes money to.

I went and added music from the original show to a scene from episode 3.

What do you think user?

youtu.be/i-MF17dCsfY

comfy

The prisoner is a spirit from the black lodge, you see him in the second floor of the convenience store in FWWM.

This needs to be done on a widescale

Aside from maybe BOB, it's hard to really describe any of the Lodge characters as simply good or bad. They have their own wants and needs which differ from humans (as in they live from garmanbozia) and we don't really understand that. I guess the only way to classify them would be either helpful (meaning Mike and the Giant) or unhelpful/harmful (BOB, maybe the treedwarf).

Holy shit, you may be right! A reference to Jean Cocteau, perhaps?

I need more Bobby. Best boy Hawk is already getting plenty of screen time, but Bobby has potential to really shine here. I doubt him and Shelly are still fucking, but some more explanation on what went on between them and what caused Bobby to change his ways sounds great.

I'm loving all the horror and Lynch shit, but it wouldn't kill Lynch to sprinkle a bit more of the soap opera bullshit in the next 14 episodes.

Good. He's not in the scenes with the bad spirits eating/talking about garbombozia above the shop in FWWM. He also seems connected to the old man/Senor Droolcup.

I think the Black Lodge and White Lodge occupy the same space and the Red Room is a purtgatory of sorts and where you are sent depends on your soul/emotional state.

I might do it for some other scenes. Got any suggestions?

normie approved

more album art

No, this guy wasn't there.
We already debunked this.

He agreed to be part of it, so yes. Harry Goaz (Andy) confirmed he didn't get to shoot his scenes before he died.

James will shine.

Can anyone explain the Michael Cera scene?

>tfw I didn't like the new episodes at first but have now warmed to it and want to keep watching

Lynch making fun of the more silly stuff in the original.

His dharma is the road.

watched 1 minute and its a lot more comfy

Making fun of millenials.

It was a parody of Marlon Brando and James.

he was doing his best Marlon Brando impersonation

i think we're gonna be seeing a lot more of that in the future. The first few episodes were just there to set the scene.

It's a reference to Marlon Brando. Just google him.

??
Why would you assume this?
He doesn't look like him.

didnt like them at first? PLEB

i clicked "thumbs up" senpai
and not just because of the digits

My dharma is the road. Your dharma....

LOL

Lower the music volume just a tad and it'll be perfect

AGENT COOPER!

AGENT COOPER!

CAN YOU HEAR ME?