Spent 200M$ in a show about blacks, "The Get Down" by Baz Luhrmann

>Spent 200M$ in a show about blacks, "The Get Down" by Baz Luhrmann
>Cancelled after 1 season on Netflix

theverge.com/2017/5/25/15690228/netflix-the-get-down-cancelled-baz-luhrmann-one-season

TOP FUCKING KEK

ayyo das raycis as shit

The problem is that was directed by a white man. It shouldn't be made in first place if someone does cultural appropiation.

200 million for a netflix show!?!

they could have made a billion daredevil episodes for that.

>netflix-the-get-down-cancelled

good fuck black people, fuck the jews

Black folks don't watch "Black shows", they watch normal TV. White folks are the ones who spend money to binge watch Netflix, and White folks don't watch exclusively Black shows either.

Nobody watches Black shows, so why bother?

Empire is huge

>musical drama
DROPPED

Netflix has cancelled lot of shows about white people, why did you exactly want to turn this into a race thread?

Vinyl was quite similar to it and got cancelled too

it was a flash in pan

>Guy on the left with the afro, looking right at the camera, wearing the black shirt with yellow sleeves

Dude...I think I legit went to school with that guy...

That's the exception, and I'm betting it's mostly white folks who watch it.

Or........or...........they could have created 4 normal TV shows that many people can enjoy.

>The Get Down was a costly show for Netflix, wrapping at $120 million. Last year, Variety reported on the many behind-the-scenes woes the show was facing, including cycling through showrunners and writers, tossed scripts, going over budget, and production stalls.

heh

>Lilyhammer, Hemlock Grove and Bloodline got 3 seasons
>Marco Polo got 2 seasons
>This gets one

Whites > Asians > Blacks. Netflix are racists

more like the let down
haha

Boy I would love to see a show about the San Francisco from the Gold Rush era to the Earthquake event. Would probably be kino.

WE WUZ CANCELLED N SHIEET

What happend with the Brad Bird movie about 1906 earthquake anyways?

People should meme post to Netflix about forgotten projects, they'll eat anything up these recent years until they find out they're losing hundred of millions.

It's called that because that's what the police always say to them.

>that wop dago from lillyhammer
>white

>People should meme post to Netflix about forgotten projects
Do it

Apparently HBO has a bunch of productions lined up for the next 3 years. I wish I could take a peak at the list just to know what is coming up.

The whole, ''getting out of the hood through the power of music'' thing is pretty old and lame. I only watched the trailer and I didn't like it at all.

no shit, baz luhrman is fucking garbage. who didn't see this coming?

>200M$
Soros used the show as front for money laundering.

OP can't even correctly quote the article he's shilling. Clearly says the show cost "only" 120 million. Still an insane budget. Were all the black people CGI because real niggers can't act?