Why don't they make good movies?

Why don't they make good movies?

I know Brazil has like two good movies but god, the lack of talent is incredible.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O9QWPpplNCk
youtube.com/watch?v=QpsyW1Dq37Q
youtube.com/watch?v=dp_X0aN6Igs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>lack of talent
>lack of good actors
>lack of ideas
>lack of money
>lack of exposure
>lack of likability

do you even Cinema Novo?

it's almost like IQ matters, and anyone with a high one went to the United States

They are poor as fuck. Argentina has some decent movies.

It's all about money.

List of Brazilian Kino

Given Word
Entranced Earth
Morte e Vida Severina
Assalto ao Trem Pagador
Deus e o Diabo na Terra do Sol
Bandido da Luz Vermelha
Documentaries from Nelson Pereira dos Santos and Sganzerla
Pixote
City of God
Neighboring Sounds
Limite from Mário Peixoto
Neon Bull
São Paulo Sociedade Anônima

From Argentina watch Jauja and Medianeras.
From Peru, Ixcanul.
From Colombia, Embrace of the Serpent.
From Chile, Jodorowsky, Raoul Ruiz and Larraín are their best directors.

my sides

Spaniard here.

Colombia, Brazil and Argentina have pretty good kinos. I think the problem is promotion.

Also ,stop thinking the "Short film" meme is worth anything these days, I can shoot and edit a short with an iPhone.

This

Bullshit
The U.S.A. has much more kino than Europe combined but that doesn't mean europeans are less capable. It's about culture and the market. Americans watch movies the most.

>Ixcanul
That's guatemalan

99.99% "people" over there are busy enough struggling to survive making both ends meet.

the 0.001 percenters that have the resources to make movies are just retard liberal faggots that doesn't know shit about how real people live in the subcontinet.

Why do Spanicucks always try to insert themselves in conversations about LatAm? Is it because you're country is so shit and irrelevant to the world that you have live vicariously through us?

what are you talking about?
argentine cinema is top tier.

nine queens
the clan
the secret in their eyes

etc

I'm just concerned by the wellbeign of my children. Why you have to be so defensive?

yeah, while you amerifats with your 1st world problems... We have to deal with bullshit jobs and salaries. Take this example: our "athletes" have to work in day jobs or maybe two jobs at a time just to do "athlete training". In your country this may sound like a fucking delusion but it is like that. So... our directors (almost all of them) are sons or are connected with politicians, or wealthy businessmen just to have their movies done. We don't have WB's or Sony's, Paramount's, etc. The people here may have the talent but collides with money to do projects. I'm chilean by the way.

>the clan

I watched it and it's complete shit (i'm argie btw)

the COFFIN JOE flicks are pretty fucking good

South american movies (and any non indian/non american film) is made from government funds plus some other productions around the world

In film the least important thing is having a ''high IQ'' my man

>Medianeras

Good Argentinian cinema is too deep for filthy anglos to grasp

>this is what ameritards actually believe

Argie here, stop being worldly plebs

>entry level, acclaimed movies
9 reinas
El secreto de sus ojos
El hijo de la novia
La tregua

>not my favorites, but there's good stuff
Relatos salvajes
Cronica de una fuga
El Bonaerense
El aura
El hombre de al lado
Un oso rojo
Wakolda
La cienaga
Leonera
La antena
XXY
Sur

>good stuff
Nazareno Cruz y el lobo
Cronica de un niño solo (anything by Leonardo Favio is good)
Moebius
Hombre mirando al sudeste
Pizza, birra, faso
Esperando la carroza

>good obscure-ish movies
Invasion
Rapado
Buenos Aires Vice Versa

This
t.venezuelan

>City of God

You're really showing your age here buddy

I'm argie too you retardLet me see
>Relatos salvajes
shit
>El hombre de al lado
shit with no plot but still had some shitty ''ending'' just for the sake of having one, also bad acting
>XXY
really bad acting
>Nazareno Cruz y el lobo
shit
>Leonardo Favio
DUDE PERONIST COMMIE LMAO
>Pizza, birra, faso
negros niggin, le poor slum nigger is good, rich people bad
>Buenos Aires Vice Versa
This in particular watched and it pissed me off, two fucking hours left wing propaganda, rich people bad and poor people are good, some evil right winger abusing some chick for the sake of showing how evil right wingers are, and a rushed ending to ''connect'' all ''stories''

Most argentine movies are shit like this

Argentines are commies

>what is jodorowsky

Isn't that guy Mexican?

The problem with most argentine movies is that it's just left wingers communists circle jerking, that's why most are unwatchable and even if you ignore the political propaganda they are still shit

>nine queens
Fucking love this movie. Great con-kino.
Also time crimes is argentinian.

cinema is not and industry here, almost all movies work on goverments funds for arts, also if you want good movies search for yourself no one will mass promote LA movies for you to watch

adding to this 99,99 of artist in LA since the 60's are left wingers, so you know what to expect

Pretty much, because of the historical baggage of the military dictatorship that is still fresh in people's memory. The fact that there is a sort of collective need to constantly acknowledge it (and because I'm assuming most cultural institutions are run by leftists anyway) means that most ideas and funding will go to commie circlejerk movies.

Some time ago I saw La larga noche de Francisco Sanctis because the trailer looked like it might be kino:

youtube.com/watch?v=O9QWPpplNCk

But really it was an underwhelming commie/nostalgia fest that only argentines will properly understand because the movie gives you no context to the things that are happening, it assumes you already know that there were people disappearing and the way the military handled things plus the existence of commie terrorists, etc. It assumes you know all this and goes way too overboard in minimalism and insinuations. The result is a movie that tried to be Le independentè deep kinographie but fails at it hard.

The same reason their countries suck despite having significantly more slaves than the US ever did. Subhumans that suck at everything.

>time crimes
that's from spain

>Relatos salvajes
>shit
c'mon now

Bump

What show is this?

no dad please dad

i thought La Patagonia Rebelde was pretty good

you've got to be very naive to think those government funds are given to talented people instead of already connected people.

the standard for any public tender over here is 10% for the guy that makes you win the bid.

youtube.com/watch?v=QpsyW1Dq37Q

Jauja is supreme argento kino

this was ok

Caught it once back in like 2007 on tv at 4 am and thought it was really good but never knew the name
Rewatched it few years ago and it was actually shit

Jodorowsky

Jodo is CHILEAN.

Holy shit I didn't know this existed. Why doesn't it get more attention? I thought that the only Argie collaboration thing Viggo did was that awful movie from telefe where he plays an evil twin or something:

youtube.com/watch?v=dp_X0aN6Igs

The Jauja trailer reminds me of El Topo by Jodorowsky from how it's shot.

>Soundtrack by buckethead

Alright I have to watch that shit.

Jodo spent most of his life in Mexico and moved to France

Good stuff from SA doesn't get any attention, only the shit stuff.

This.

Cultural turmoil begets movies like City of God that are mirror life in such a hard developing environment at the trade off of a functioning industry, At least there's art being made instead of attempts to simulate American blockbusters except with a Brazilian twist. See Uganda.

You white yet?

i fucking hate brazillians so fucking much, you guys ruin every online vidya you put your shitty monkey fingers on

fuck you

You forgot wild tales

but is chilean or not my friend. He comes and go to Chile in the year.