/Christ/ - Christian General

Can we get a good ole Christian thread up in here?
Here we come together to discuss current events in the religious world and how they effect politics, our branches of faith, and casually talk about things regarding our religion.
Atheists are more than welcome to partake in the thread, I just ask that you try to be constructive.
These threads are meant to be rarely posted to preserve their unique and engaging discussions.

youtube.com/watch?v=_R8viSgLTVM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k7TGRWGw6p8
youtube.com/watch?v=Uv4e8ox-kpg
youtu.be/C_U01mQxes4
plato.stanford.edu/entries/logic-classical/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=k7TGRWGw6p8

This is for you OP :^)

NO JEWS ALLOWED

Question, were the spanish cristianization policies in the new world a mistake?

Insofar as they compromised Christian principles to make it more "palatable" or "relatable" to the natives, absolutely.

It was probably one the only things that managed to civilise them in some respects

Why would Christian principles matter?

>one the only things that managed to civilise them in some respects
thats the problem, things degenerated fast and by the end it was "we dont even need you to be civilized, just be somewhat christian and thas enough for us"

nice b8

They matter by definition

I see, you don't understand the question.

Why Christian principles?

What's wrong with just basic human decency. What about...basic moralism?

Elaborate.

Well they gave it a good shot

Our ethnic-British colonies didn't mix with the natives and as such didn't get their European history corrupted

>/Christ/ - Christian General
In all seriousness though, you get philosophically dunked by relativism if you don't have an objective source of morality.

Do you honestly believe that humans have no concept of morality without Christianity?

why hasn't the lord come down and fixed things yet? I prayed like 3 or 4 times already this year

The definition of Christian is Messianic/ the God-sent redeemer of sinful humanity

Christian principles matter insofar as redeeming humanity matters

>Our ethnic-British colonies didn't mix with the natives
thats just because you cant into caste system.

>What's wrong with just basic human decency.
It doesn't exist. PR as a motivational tool leads to abuse of virtue-signalling, and 'do good just because' leads to a gradual moral decay until the normal is for people to rip each other off and backstab each other whenever possible. For an example see what business relations are like in China.

It's a relativistic concept of morality

Christian ideas do not prove that Christian values matter, you're using circular reasoning there bud.

No, you can make up whatever source you want. But it needs to be an objective source to be able to instantiate that morality as applying to anyone else out of anything other than your own arbitrary preference function.

What's your standard for human decency?

Yay Jesus

>about to elaborate an answer about free will
>see flag
>disregad question

Humans were decent to each other thousands of years before Christianity existed and fully realized its importance. So i beg to differ.

What would be an objective source for you?

How about regions of the world with documented history with little to no Christian influence?

Do you believe Indians were just savages to each other before the Spanish arrived and brought disease?

What does Sup Forums think about the emphasized bible?

Not to get too Muslim, but is buying a cross technically idol worship? I guess it doesn't really matter, just something that crossed my mind.

It's axiomatic/ linear. Nothing circular about it

There is nothing axiomatic about your claim, except maybe for you.

>basic moralism

You mean that hold-out of Christian morality you have that you incorrectly contribute to all of humanity?

Can you elaborate that claim?

That's a pretty vague question and there are far too many directions to take the subsequent discussion.

I think of a society with decent people as one where when there's someone who could be taken advantage of, they aren't. Examples could be leaving their house unlocked, or losing their wallet, or being caught in a situation where they could be mugged and/or raped.

I beg to differ. More primal societies are in practice more savage

There are plenty examples of human decency before Christianity, that's why i asked, but it depends on your standard for that claim.

God, for one. God saying "do this" or "don't do this" would be an objective source of morality, given by definition whatever God would command is necessarily good under Christian theology.
I believe God's morality is the only true morality - I don't really care what anyone else is doing. All I have to say is that if they're not following the commands of God they're wrong, and that anyone who compromises Christian principles is wrong in doing so.

It's axiomatic in the sense that that is how my religion is defined

The cross is not an idol. You're still worshipping Christ and through him, God. The cross is a symbol. It's there to show that you did not forget his sacrifice.

More savage than... Chemical warfare? World wars? Nuclear bombs and school shootings?

Not much has changed in my opinion. Christianity seems to have had little to no effect judging by the Middle ages it probably made things worse.

It's because YHWH doesn't exist.

Meanwhile our prayers to KEK are being answered on a daily basis.

so, christian folks, what do ya'll make of the theory that christianity is the one world religion spoken of in revelations. makes sense with all the weird shit that aog churches and other megachurches are coming out with these days

>Question, were the spanish cristianization policies in the new world a mistake?
Considering how fucking crime-ridden and backwards Central and South America are as a result?
Yeah. They fucked up hard.

>Not to get too Muslim, but is buying a cross technically idol worship? I guess it doesn't really matter, just something that crossed my mind.
A cross is abstract enough. I'd recommend abstaining from one with Christ on it or use of elaborate iconography.

>What does Sup Forums think about the emphasized bible?
What's that?
God has laid his law in our hearts.

Moral living is a divinely-inspired instinct. Christianity simply helps unearthing this instinct and channelling it properly.

That doesn't prove that Christian values are the only "good" values. You're under a belief that humans are incapable of reaching these ideas without the help of a book.

You're incapable of knowing what is right and wrong here.

youtube.com/watch?v=Uv4e8ox-kpg

Pretty sure nothing is axiom in your religion. It's actually very vague and ambiguous with a plethora of interpretations.

Don't speculate

I gave you a concrete source that Christian societies are proportionately aeons ahead in civilised behaviour, even during the greatest War they've ever had, than the primal societies contemporary to them

If you accept the Christian God, it *does* then follow that only Christian values are good values, actually, because what is good in Christian theology only comes from God and in obeying God.

It's concretely defined ink on paper in the Holy Scriptures

>You're under a belief that humans are incapable of reaching these ideas without the help of a book
That's also a straw man. I am under no such belief.

>what do ya'll make of the theory that christianity is the one world religion spoken of in revelations
It's either Islam or Equalism. Whatever can be used most effectively to indoctrinate young people over the internet will eventually win.

Yes, because the conversions weren't genuine. And it created a nominal culture lacking sincerity and depth.

>Atheists are more than welcome to partake in the thread, I just ask that you try to be constructive.

What can Christianity offer the world that atheists can't? And how is whatever that will be constructive.

How do we feel about summonings?
I can't imagine a better way to prove christ's existence to a heathen (read: atheist) than letting him see the power of the beyond for himself.

>Don't speculate

Your "graph" as speculation. It can't not be.

>I gave you a concrete source that Christian societies are proportionately aeons ahead in civilised behaviour.

You absolutely did no such thing bud.

I don't believe you or anyone else can actually do something like that.
You can believe you can all you'd like though.

That's a way to avoid a question, but it's intellectually dishonest to be that way.

The only God I believe in is the Christian God

Hangnails matter by definition if its solely because i give it meaning.

Yet Christianity has multiple different divergences following different interpretations of the exact same book.

Face it, nothing about it is axiom, it's all interpretation.

I know christianity didnt. Why dont you?

You didn't ask a question.

>You absolutely did no such thing

Look at it again

The morals of western civilisation are the morals of Christianity. If you grew up in the west, you grew up to value those morals, whether you accept God or not. Not all humans live in western/Christian societies, so not all humans have those morals. See Islam for an obvious example.

you think? cause Christianity is getting quite divided into an us and them type deal, one side straying so far from scripture, im talking about hillsong affiliated churches and people that have a massive amount of sway over the people

I don't give meaning to Christianity. It has meaning in and of itself

I asked why Christian values are the only good values. You've just told me that it's because of Christianity.

That proves absolutely nothing my friend.

That's not true at all, not everyone who grows up in the west grows up with Christian values.

the cross is a reminder of his sacrifice, and our own that we must bear each day.

>I asked why Christian values are the only good values
That was in three posts back. Your most recent post, to which I responded, had no such question.
My answer is very much an answer - if God, then Christian goodness is the only real goodness. Period. That's honest and straightforward.

Nothing that you can see

But look closely at "the proportion of murdered males" in each society

Are you capable of thinking for yourself?

>cause Christianity is getting quite divided into an us and them type deal, one side straying so far from scripture
That side straying so far from scripture are the ones who get swayed by Equalism. Some of them will be saved regardless simply because they're good people at heart, but many will be very easy to corrupt with notions of equality.

You haven't provided evidence, just claims using flimsy reasoning at the absolute best. It's intellectually dishonest.

Jesus Christ had a mystical experience. The same as people today in the real world do. They wake up and say, "I'm Jesus Christ!". We call them crazy. Christianity is the only religious language they know of, so the only way to explain their enlightenment to others is by using that language and saying things like that. Buddha was born in a country of people who followed Hindu cosmology, and when he had his experience, he was called a Buddha for it.

Jesus Christ lived in a world speaking Jewish religious language. The only way to explain his enlightenment and union with the whole universe was to say he was a son of God. To explain his union with the divine.

And even greater works than I shall ye do. And he said, "Is it not written in your lore that ye are gods?". The sermon on the mount. Jesus was an enlightened man.

The mystical experience happens to people of all sects of all religions all over the world. The Muslims have the Sufi tradition to realize their union with God. The Christian mystics had people like Dionysius the Areopagite. The Hindus proclaim it for all to hear, "I am God, you are God, we're all Brahma."

The Taoists know they are one with the whole universe and the entire process of it. The Buddhists do not tell you, but hint at it, so you don't hang on to it as an attachment.

Everybody who has this experience transcends religion and people form religions around the talkative ones.

And when you have this experience, you have a big laugh, because it is the joyous cosmology.

I know you're under the impression that's evidence, but it's not. For anything. In fact, it's complete gibberish, and i understand you don't know how or why that is, and I'm debating with myself if i should try and explain to you at all.

It's a deductive truth. If -> then.
The then necessarily follow from the if, if indeed the if is.
Nothing is more evident than a necessary deductive truth. Nothing is also *less* logically flimsy than a necessary deductive truth.

Same with anything else in life. Unfortunately, its contradictory and false values it possesses in its only teachings of god make meaning incredibly meaningless. Not to mention the circularness of that statement.

>If something is a concept, then its meaningful because it is.
Ok

it's not exactly purely about being good at heart though is it...

Yes, i do it often. So do you. Why do you ask?

>The only God I believe in is the Christian God
Well, that's good.
>I can't imagine a better way to prove christ's existence to a heathen (read: atheist) than letting him see the power of the beyond for himself.
It's a little preposterous to try and wield this sort of power IMHO.

You're literally saying nothing here.

>Here we come together to discuss current events in the religious world

And yet noone is talking about REAL happenings. :^)

youtu.be/C_U01mQxes4

Why do you disagree with it?

???
plato.stanford.edu/entries/logic-classical/

Christianity is dead lads

Even in the west people have a more positive view on Islam than Christianity . At least outside the USA

Are you saying deductive reasoning is false?

>The Muslims have the Sufi tradition to realize their union with God
'''''''''''''''''''''Have''''''''''''''''''', Shia and Sunni fucking H A T E Sufis.

But yes, mysticism is I feel a very useful tool if you don't let yourself be distracted by other stuff.

Cuckianity made Polan a literall slave to the West. Fuck you all.

Christianity contains within itself the attribute of absolute objective meaning

Atheistic moralities cannot have such a thing

I'm done. Not doing this two threads in a row.
No one can blame me.

That's changing very very quickly the more culturally enriched Europe becomes.

You clearly have problems with presenting your argument clearly. just claiming an entire line of thought is fallacious is beyond stupid. If this isn't your first problem it's most likely just you.

Youre asserting the "if" and the "then" and everything starting your logical statement, as well as presupposing your god exists. Trying to use logic here? Thats a new level of dishonesty.

Yes you do in some respect, it just differs in the degree you have strayed from God. Your average sub-normie who wants to be an atheist because it makes him feel smart still has Christian values. A meth addict would have less.

Atheism is a personal void that only opens you up for degeneration. Men don't know what they're doing when not holding themselves to something higher. It's not a coincidence that the most secular countries have been the worst hit by the migrants from last year.

>It's a little preposterous
Well if you've got another way to objectively prove the power of christ to some faggot, enlighten me, because all they have is
>LUL ur magical sky daddy isnt real and le burden of proof is on u fundie and no i dont share a factually incorrect opinion with reddit and no i dont have a reddit account
I'm at wits end trying to convince these subhumans of the power of Christ.