Why the HELL does this have so much praise?

imdb.com/title/tt4093826/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why the hell this show's reboot has good reviews so far? It is a pile of psychedelic bullshit that has NO explanation and little cohesion. Kind of like ... THE END OF THE SECOND SEASON. YOUR THOUGHTS?

>but user, the cinematography and delivery are so original

BULLSHIT. That doesn't make up for all of the ambiguous crap they throw in all the time, and the images of free association all over the damn place (yeah, I'm looking at you, Mr. Unicorn). Honestly I'd be happy if someone could change my mind.

You are babby

Because people pretend to like Lynch tlo appar smart.

Look at big babby man haha

/thread

>waaaah i dun gedit plz spoonfeed me

Did the man take babby's lolipop or what is the reason

Honestly 80% of the show is dragged out lacky content, fucking shit

You can delude yourself that there's art and deeper meaning into staring at nothing happening for 5 minutes in every scene but thats just fucking retarded

watch out OP you're gonna get attacked by then redditors from the subgeneral. lynchbabbys can't handle criticism

/thread

>another pleb Lynched

I know they can't, that's why I put it here. But I forgot the Reddit invasion is all but over...

OP more retarded than dougie jones lmao

It's actually very straightforward with some surreal stuff added in. And we still have 14 episodes left for the plot threads shown in the first 4 episodes to be resolved. It's getting good reviews just like most things Lynch has put out because people like Lynch's style.

>Can someone PLEASE explain to me why the hell this show's reboot has good reviews so far?
I think it's much better than most people expected it to be.

>bullshit that has NO explanation and little cohesion
Oh boy.
Season 3 actually explains A LOT in comparison to the original or other surreal/Lynch movies.

The random jive in the Black Lodge with the women with no eyes and his descent through space and pretty much EVERYTHING in episode 3 so far seems to be oddball spontaneous crap like the stuff in the second season, like the way Packard gets turned into a freaking doorknob and the whole Giant thing.

I guess I mean they just insert whatever they feel like it because it's some supernatural realm and so it's really boring because it's just whatever they wanna throw up on the screen.

What's much more bizarre is how utterly weird you write.

I did notice that some things are made a little more obvious, with less beat-around-the-bush dialogue than in the original series. But the surreal stuff really gets on my nerves, it seems to be an easy crutch for the writers whenever they need to make plot points meet. I hope, like you say, the remaining episodes make sense of it...

>expecting an interdimensional space that is basically hell to not be weird

Go away retard.

Just look at my writing as a derivative of Lynchian style.... JUST AS COHERENT AS THE PLOT...

Look, Mac, it's a given it's weird. I'm saying it's easy to make up whatever you want to suit the narrative with it. It ruins the integrity of the plot, for me, because there's no meaningful thought thrown at plot developments, it could now be
> "We need Cooper back in the story."
> "Well, he has to make it out of the Black Lodge."
> "Okay, make a freaky trip through some other dimension that eventually leads him through an outlet into some doppelganger's apartment. Oh, never mind the fact he now has two doppelgangers."

I like Season 1 better...

You sound like a pleb. The Black Lodge shouldn't make sense.

Because it's good and most of all, original

hahahahahahahah

The way you're arguing makes me think that despite you saying that you like season 1 that you would be arguing that Cooper's dream of the Black Lodge was also random bullshit that doesn't serve the plot, among other parts of it. You're only okay with it now because you've seen all the episodes while you're saying stuff doesn't make sense now after watching 4 of 18 episodes.

I thought about that, too. The dream really threw me off, and I watched onward because I didn't think there'd be such a huge dependency on the stuff in it. But then it became the center point in the second season. The first season seemed really focused on the more corporeal connections, i.e., the drug ring, One-Eyed Jack's. I never said Season 1 was flawless, but the style and the character dynamics kept me hooked, and also the legitimate, non-supernatural developments.

I have watched most of Lynch's productions, but it IS rated too high. I think it's because of the memes (pic related). There is some terrible acting by some cast members, and the back half of season two is tedious to view (especially a second time).

However, IMDB, like many similar Internet rating systems, is really poor at properly adjudicating quality of anything.

>NO explanation and little cohesion
Seriously? Some of the sequences are a little out there, but after they're over the overall purpose is pretty clear if not exactly what everything in them means. But aside from that I'd say 90% of what's happening is pretty straight forward if you watched the original show
>Murder Investigation that was most likely done by BOB
>Bad Cooper is being bad and trying to avoid being pulled back into the lodge
>Good Cooper got out of the Lodge but it fucked him up
>Log Lady lets Hawk know that things are going to start happening again, even if he doesn't know exactly what

You've got a good point there, there is more explanation than I thought. Albeit, Cooper acting weird (pic related) was vague to me. What kind of teases me off is the small amount of the show these developments actually take up, 'cuz the rest, besides the investigation of Ruth Davenport, seems like a boatload of filler that puts me to sleep.

>THE END OF THE SECOND SEASON
That's not fair - it went downhill before that

It wasn't a unicorn it was a white steed. That's usually symbolic for death

>NO explanation and little cohesion

It's very simple my friend. You are just dumb as bricks. Not literally you are just too stupid to compherend it. Not your fault. You dad had bad genes. You are a human waste.

Alright, then explain it to an idiot like me.

i sure hope we get le retard Cooper doing stuff for 4 more episodes! it's so wacky n goofy just like fargo! helloooooo xD maybe lucy can eat another chocolate bunny in the 5 min twin peaks section

you just got LYNCHED, boi

why don't you stop judging the first 4 episodes of an 18 episode mystery like it's already finished? God damn

>There is some terrible acting by some cast members, and the back half of season two is tedious to view (especially a second time).
this is acknowledged by literally every tp fan

I think that other doppelganger is something Bob did so that he didn't have to return to the black lodge, so it's possible that we'll get that explained by him or someone else. But if you look at it as Cooper has to escape the black lodge, then this is pretty good. The black lodge is a nonsensical place, so if he escaped the black lodge easily in one episode I would've been pissed, it would've almost contradicted it, that's why I liked it, kinda made the black lodge seem like an actual place with its own rules, which made Cooper being let out that much weirder. If it was rushed it would've probably made less sense

You make a lot of sense. I hope it pans out to make sense by the end, because the artistic value thus far seems sparse to me.

>It is a pile of psychedelic bullshit that has NO explanation and little cohesion

There's actually quite a lot of cohesion to the mystical shit in the show.

not an argument

yes, because it literally means it is not overrated

>Bob-Cooper says he is due to be sent back to the Black Lodge, but he has a plan for it
>Dougie gets sent to the Lodge when Goog Cooper returns
>"I think you were made for a purpose, and that purpose has been fulfilled"

They could not have made it any clearer that Dougie was a decoy created by Bob-Cooper so he can avoid being sent back to the lodge.

It's good, but not 9.5

Internet group rating systems are inherently broken.

I hope they explain HOW he made Dougie, otherwise it's a throwaway plot point.

Lmaoooooooo

to understand season 3, you'd have to watch the first 2 seasons, and the movie. Once you've seen them, the show is pretty easy to digest

Daily remidner that Bob is actually in Shaggy now. Doppelcoop is another character altogether.

The original is dreadful as well. It just hasn't held up

Shit, what? Who the hell is Shaggy? Did I miss something? I swear if this is a Scooby joke...

Jesus Christ...
Just kill yourself man, not everything has to be explained, very few things in our life are explained.

??? are you watching the show?

the principle who killed his lady and the ther guy, is the guy who played shaggy in the live action scooby doo films

see

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................

Well, shoot.

FUCK for a sec I thought this could be that guy that played shaggy but I was like

nah

Twin Peaks itself is incredibly overrated.

I slogged through the first season trying to find what the fuck people go apeshit over, never did. I guess if I'd watched it live when it aired it would've been incredibly original television, but the medium has incorporated TP and moved so far beyond that its just weird 90s camp now.

Call for help.

>series just starting
>imma put a 10 on imdb
why do people do this?

Wait so he got out after him and billy killed all those kids?

To say they were on the bandwagon first

Double Zoinks!

Hell-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Priceless

OK, open mouth, spoon is coming....
While I agree Lynch is on the wrong border of surreal content in s03, its not random or plain dumb.
If you look closely , you will see solid plot happens between all the bullshit,
honestly, I feel Lynch wants to force this surreal stuff so people get tired of it so real show can start, because biggest critic about old Twin Peaks was:" why so little black cabin, why so little surreal dwarfs who talk backwards."
Twin Peaks was just soap opera with quirky characters,little crime and humor.
If you watched original Twin Peaks and you remember Mulder cameo from back then, and now, just that was hilarious enough to approve this whole new revival .

>i need INSTANT action and accessibility!

>>>/xmen/

yah

>needing to be spoonfed

Holy shit I'm sick of these low IQ reddit retards who can't pay fucking attention.

you're just genuinely a pleb

Fags like OP are the reason the network forced Lynch to reveal Laura's killer so early the first time around.

Kill yourself you dumb pussy

>under 25 pleb problems

try going to film school

>psychedelic bullshit that has NO explanation and little cohesion
filter'd and lynch'd

>he didnt see the gold ignot

fucking generation pleb doesnt know about alchemy.. and paid no attention to wyndham earle either it seems. moron.

lmao at this drive by shitpost replies from the subgeneral posters. lynch could film someone taking a slow motion shit under a strobe light for an hour and you fags would spout LYNCH'D PLEB

Enlighten me, then, oh genius of the board.

I hoping it slowly goes back to comfy coffee and doughnuts.

Exactly my thoughts.

Real question and not even directly talking about twin peaks.

Can autists handle surrealism?

Oh shit, lemme just go read up on some alchemy, that'll REALLY fix the whole show won't it?

your mother is a whore

there. i just said as much about film as you did. fucking twelve year old. go to school.

>>AGAIN he paid no attention to wyndham earle

just kys.

>Lynch could do [something not even remotely similar to what is being complained about] and people would still defend it

Referencing another shit character from the shit half of the second season. Thanks for playing into my narrative.

There are enough Twin Peaks fans that will just smash that 10-star button no matter what.

I don't believe in reviews but I'm personally enjoying the season more than any other show on right now, for what it's worth

the fact that is is so different from anything else alone is enough to praise it.

>They could not have made it any clearer that Dougie was a decoy created by Bob-Cooper so he can avoid being sent back to the lodge.
Except for the part where Dougie was actually possessed by Mike (the green ring, the dead arm).

So if anyone did something like what's said here then it's praiseworthy right off the bat, right?

>someone taking a slow motion shit under a strobe light for an hour
Hey, SPOILERS!

The best part of Lynch's work is laughing at the butthurt reactions from fags who didn't like it.

you know, harmony korine gets a lot of praise, but no one cares about trash humpers. if its shit its shit, but saying lynch doesnt know what hes doing and hes just doing weird shit for the sake of being weird then i cant take you serious. even if his storys are not as coherent as people want them to be there is no denying that there are a lot of elements that do have meaning. and there is also no denying that he is able to create a very unique atmosphere that gets to people.

lynch also has made some original music that no one praises or even cares about, but he simply does good work with his films and if you dont see the appeal its maybe not for you.

>But the surreal stuff really gets on my nerves, it seems to be an easy crutch for the writers whenever they need to make plot points meet.
Holy fuck you never once in your life watched anything made by lynch? That his style, he is like a painter that uses video... oftentimes with very obvious symbolism trown in. He wants you to expieience his show and not just follow some "plot".

Never go full pleb

same reason X-Files got a good rating

nostalgia by faggots who never really were in to it

god that X-Files reboot was hot garbage, plus the last movie after it
fight the future was the only good one

This isn't just about following a plot. This is about the actual VALUE behind the show. If I wanted a series of shitty surreal images and events meant to convey some """deep""" meaning, I'd go to a public art gallery in West Hollywood or some other snowflake town. Have YOU derived ANY plausible messages from this show so far that are relevant to you in any way?

oh the rating debate. I see..

well if we have to rate tv series, I'd rather see Twin Peaks with a 9.5 than fucking Lost or GoT that's for sure. I mean what is a 9.5 tv series anyway? Is there a consensus here to be found?
Twilight Zone? The Simpsons s2? The Sopranos?

Personally I don't care about IMDB's rating. Twin Peaks for me has always been a 10/10 if I must put it this way. It is completely unique and awesomely satisfying for me. that's all I need to know. I am biased of course as I have always loved almost anything by Lynch. Couldn't care less about ratings on popular websites when it comes to Lynch.

But hey if you choose to let ratings ruin your opinion it's your own choice I mean. You care about it and I don't. If Imdb's rating for Twin Peaks was 0/10 it wouldn't affect me one fucking bit, I would still watch the fuck out of it and I certainly wouldn't create a thread about how fucking offended my feelings are with a negative IMDB rating. I mean seriously who the fuck cares? You don't like it then move on user. The menu is vast nowadays when it comes to tv series. Just be cool user.

You're good, user. I watch it from my own viewpoint and actually do like the newest episodes a good amount. The only thing I don't understand are the people circlejerking on other sites about how awesome the show is, and when asked WHY they think it's awesome so far, all I get is "Uh, well, it's Twin Peaks. Duh." Besides wanting to see what people were thinking, I also wanted to weed out as many Reddit shills as I could for free salt.

> If I wanted a series of shitty surreal images and events meant to convey some """deep""" meaning, I'd go to a public art gallery in West Hollywood

And why not as a tv series? whats wrong with that? who is the special snowflake really here?

Surrealism for you is exclusively meant in a pedantic art gallery? Dali, Cocteau and Breton would defecate in your mouth if they could hear you say such a cliché.

what is there to get? it's just a bunch of incoherent shit?

I didn't know that Twin Peaks was solely meant to be a shithole for surreal imagery now. I thought it was a spectrum of genres all panned out in an idiosyncratic format. Guess it's to hell with the feel of the original first season, huh?

NOW it all makes sense.....

people waited 25 years for this. it feels like lynch and it brings back some twin peaks memories. so why wouldnt they praise it.

>I would rather rate something because it's known than try to understand why it's rated that way

typical fucking nigger cattle opinion

Laura had a dead arm before being killed by Bob, it doesn't imply possession by Mike. It's unclear for now why he had the ring (which protects against possession) but that doesn't in any way mean he's a creation of Mike.

Mike was clearly expecting Bob-Cooper to show up in the Red Room. He even told Good Cooper that he got duped and showed him the gold ball.