Which country in europe would allow me to be a permanent resident just living off my savings without having to work...

Which country in europe would allow me to be a permanent resident just living off my savings without having to work, marry, go as a student or prove I have a million pound to retire on?
It would have to be safe, I'd like to buy land and live in a cabin without gypsies coming to kill me in my sleep. I'd also like to not see another human being unless I drive for an hour to get canned food.
also russia isn't in europe and its far too cold

Stay on your shitty rainy island br*t europe doesn't want your kind.

Portugal or Spain are your best bet.

Still lots of nature, safe and very cheap land, and no gypsies.

Your compatriots already do this, a lot, although most of them are old pensioners.

Since you are in the EU still, you should move ASAP. They won't tell you to go back afterwards, don't worry. There will be some agreement whereby your right to be in the EU will be retained.

How much money do you have?

Before Brexit: Literally any EU country

After Brexit: Since the negotiations looks like they’ll be a failure, likely none. Ireland if you¦re lucky.

>How much money do you have?
I was thinking of working minimum wage for 5 years and only spending £2k of what I earn a year on food while I live with my parents as I'm only 20 years young.
Hypothetically if I had already gotten together everything before Brexit was finalised would Portugal and Spain have even taken some uneducated, unskilled 25 year old male with only £50,000+whatever I can earn from /biz/ over 5 years who wants to buy isolated rural land, own a vehicle, and live like a bum in the cabin he builds on said land?

Ireland, the CTA will almost certainly still exist.

You'll probably hate it though, don't come

>some uneducated, unskilled 25 year old male with only £50,000+whatever I can earn from /biz/ over 5 years who wants to buy isolated rural land, own a vehicle, and live like a bum in the cabin he builds on said land?
Literally half the population of the West of Ireland is English people exactly like this. Bonus points if you're a crusty from near Bristol.

>Russia isn't in Europa

Fuck off

Do they all build cabins in the woods?
Ireland has even less woodland left than here, how much does land usually go for per acre and is there plenty of it still isolated from all signs of civilisation and human life?

Will I genuinely be allowed to just go there in my van, buy a plot of land, go to a local timber yard, erect my dream and live in it occasionally driving an hour to the nearest supermarket to stock up on canned food? Will the people I buy the land off not tip off a load of travellers that the lands been bought by some soft handed pushover brit whose just spent his meagre savings and you're now free to bring your caravans and park up?
Do travellers even need utilities? Should I make sure to buy land off the grid in order to avoid this? Wouldn't the travellers come and steal my solar panels anyways?

Are you sure there is a wealth of land to check outside of online listings? Are you sure there is even enough isolated rural land left that hasn't been grabbed up already?

Somewhere in countryside France would do.

>Do they all build cabins in the woods?
Pretty much, some of them renovate old famine cottages, others make new ones, some just live in caravans.

>Ireland has even less woodland left than here, how much does land usually go for per acre and is there plenty of it still isolated from all signs of civilisation and human life?
Less woodland but plenty of empty land far from towns. Agricultural land is like 5k per acre, empty land is probably cheaper but full of rocks and often protected. Picrelated is the type of landscape around me.

>Will I genuinely be allowed to just go there in my van, buy a plot of land, go to a local timber yard, erect my dream and live in it occasionally driving an hour to the nearest supermarket to stock up on canned food?
Planning permission can sometimes be an issue but it seems like you want a small place that is tucked away, which is generally what they ask for. They may ask you to use local materials, not sure what that means for a wooden cabin but traditional houses here are stone and modern are block + plaster. I'm sure would wouldn't be a problem.

>Will the people I buy the land off not tip off a load of travellers that the lands been bought by some soft handed pushover brit whose just spent his meagre savings and you're now free to bring your caravans and park up?
We would never collude with tinkers ever. Besides tinkers are mostly in the midlands, the west is safe except for Limerick. You don't need to worry about tinkers parking on your land, they might try to rob your shed or eat your dog or something though.

>Are you sure there is a wealth of land to check outside of online listings?
yes. Farmer's in the West are too old for online
listings

>Are you sure there is even enough isolated rural land left that hasn't been grabbed up already?
Again yes, we have a very low population density and most people live in Dublin anyway. The biggest issue is if they make the land into reserves or something.

Thanks for answering, I'll get on with my own research now although just a few other things from a local what would you say is the most efficient way to check local listings for the most isolated areas in the west?
Anything I should look for/worry about when buying land in ireland?

Yo. We had a lot of pensioners from UK in Prekmurje.

Pretty much this, unless brexit turns out well.

>I'll get on with my own research now although just a few other things from a local what would you say is the most efficient way to check local listings for the most isolated areas in the west?
Honestly I don't know how you'd do it remotely. Here you often just have to talk to the owner or go to mart.

>Anything I should look for/worry about when buying land in ireland?
Things like food, petrol, etc. are fairly dear. Other than that it seems like the crusties here have very good lives.

Planning permission is apparently getting more difficult too.

Not saying it's the best option, just that I've seen many people take this option. My area is full of them so it's obviously doable.

You can do it in Brazil. (you can get citizenship having a retirement)

I would recommend the state of Santa Catarina. Chose a nice plot near the mountains (where it actually snow in the winter) and have a chat with the locals (mostly Italians, polish and germans farmers).

>no gypsies in Spain
Spain was literally the first country I ever saw gypsies in

Bulgaria

Spain has a lot of Gypsies (the Gitanos).

doubt theres many places here where you can just buy land and set up a cabin desu
most of the country is turned into farmland

>I'd also like to not see another human being
Even though we have lots of uninhabited land there are usually people out hiking, fishing, hunting, sheep herding, tourism etc.. so you can always run into someone. I think you should look at North America instead of Yurop.