vidzi.tv/k85fubizoaxb.html
vidzi.tv/6wvbnl2v21xp.html
vidzi.tv/mfeylb2c3ouu.html
vidzi.tv/l0s22d1m1z2t.html
vidzi.tv/efdy26x873su.html
vidzi.tv/ytsq0hfa67g5.html
vidzi.tv/jq5xqh66misu.html
vidzi.tv/39fa44tvtebs.html
doctorwhotv.co.uk/bbcw-plans-indicate-new-who-to-run-until-at-least-series-15-84972.htm
en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/ministress
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

shit tier edition

This is нaш thread.

Not sure how well known it is locally, but not many have heard of that show outside the uk, whereas Harry Potter is a worldwide phenomenon. He's far to recognizable/ attached to his character. Kind of like how Tom cruise is Tom cruise in every movie he plays in

is this really the best idea you had for a thread

:(

Fortunately for Tom, people make half a dozen movies a year with Tom Cruise as the main character, so he gets to pick and choose which one he wants to be in, and the others have to settle for substitute actors or go back into development.

I'm not sure if you're joking, but here's an actual excerpt from an actual screenplay:

>EXT: LOS ANGELES:
>
>Long shot of TOM doing a Tom Cruise run through the city.

I wonder who the writer saw in that role?

Пpивeт, пpивeт, пpивeт! Hy, я, кaжeтcя, зacтpял в дepьмe Time Vortex, CHOBA! Пoэтoмy я нe мoгy вaм пoмoчь. Этo oднo из мнoгих coжaлeний в мoeй жизни. Пpoщaйтe, мoи дopoгиe!

More or less authentic than this?

Why did the Pope need an interpreter? Shouldn't the TARDIS be translating for them?

Who doesn't love Foma Ivanovich Pekarsky?

"simulation wasn't perfect yada yada"

Headcanon it yourself

- Doctor is blind and this has an effect on the translation ability
- Coincidence, just a glitch

Moffat talked about that in an interview. I can't remember for sure, but I think he said something like this:

He had a good joke about it, but it screwed up the flow of the scene, so he cut it. Then, in editing, he realised they'd left it with no explanation, but there have been so many other times the TARDIS didn't translate with no explanation that you can just chalk it up to lots of TARDIS subsystems being finicky and not working all the time.

There are some people on Twitter who insist that it was intentional, the simulation was imperfect, and in fact that's how the Doctor knew he was in a simulation. But that's pretty silly, even before Moffat directly contradicted them, given that he obviously didn't figure out he was in a simulation until later.

youtube.com/watch?v=P5GNhn3LY7I
reminder

The actor had his own headcanon.

>The TARDIS couldn't bear to translate me. I'd sound like this. Not very impressive, is it?

Christ. I just was a Snapchat story with two guys fucking with the God Complex playing in the background. I guess they were "Netflix and chill"-ing but I haven't left this scene unscathed.

Hold me, /who/ ;_;

>Hold me, /who/ ;_;
Only if you put God Complex on in the background. And take off your pants.

god
this bad
like bad bad
i feel shame for my country now

>he hadnt seen it before

and I was happy back then.

Reminder that JNT fucked up the airing order of Series 26 so Ace has the hammer and sickle badge a couple stories before that guy gives it to her

FOR THE MOTHERLAND

Reminder to unhype for Pyramid

All the reviews are saying it's just ok, has some dumb moments, and is all setup for the last 5 minutes.

Apparently the Lie of the Land trailer is hype though.

Where do you get Snapchat stories of people fucking from?

Canon order of S25:
Remembrance, Greatest Show, The Happiness Patrol, Silver Nemesis

Canon order of S26:
Curse, Ghost Light, Battlefield, Survival

>reminder that's not what the reviews actually say

Basically only CultBox complains that it's just OK because it's all setup. Everyone else (DigitalSpy, Digital Fix, DoctorWho TV, mymbuzz, etc.) gives it 4/5 stars, second best episode of the season, continues the upward trend of this already great season, etc., singling out the Monks and the TARDIS crew for praise.

Yea, I'm expecting nothing more than a boring midpoint episode to set up for the finale.

Or you could just skip Silver Nemesis (and maybe read the novelisation instead), and S25 is pure GOAT.

>More or less authentic than this?
Colour is wrong and name tag is very wrong.
Plus У looks like Y

THIS ACT WILL BE THE BEGINNING OF YOUR END

remember /who/, whenever you feel down about the fact we're in the shit tier mid-series point, that it's less than a week till we get a new DWM with a preview of ep 11

And if you speak Chinese and know someone in the government, you can get previews all the way up to series 15.

reminder that David Yates wanted to make Doctor Who movie with Radcliffe as the Doctor

I WILL BLOW THIS SUB UP BEFORE YOU CAN EVEN REACH THAT BUTTON, GRAND MARSHAL. BLOW US ALL TO OBLIVION.

Cold War is the worst episode of Series 7 and this is an objective fact.

Kris Marshall

Can you guys point me in the direction of a site that isn't the BBC iplayer, where I can watch S9? S8 would be a bonus.

Unless you're in America, Netflix.

If you are in America, Britbox.

(Both are paid though)

Primewire, unless you're a britbong

I'm not in America. Also I was hoping for somewhere free.

you could always pirate the episodes.

Please tell there will be some slav squatting on the episode.

Spasipa harashoo

Where from?

CYKA BLYAT
Y
K
A

B
L
Y
A
T

If only there were some kind of BAY for PIRATEs, some kind of ASS to KICK, some kind of EZ way to get TV shows. Alas, there isn't and you're stuck with the shitty BBC iPlayer.

I grabbed the links for you, since Primewire could be blocked for you;

Series 9
vidzi.tv/ea9p5x9kpn49.html
vidzi.tv/5kiup4bk0i80.html
vidzi.tv/hzimwyrota7n.html
vidzi.tv/bfe089a1tnac.html
vidzi.tv/k85fubizoaxb.html
vidzi.tv/6wvbnl2v21xp.html
vidzi.tv/mfeylb2c3ouu.html
vidzi.tv/l0s22d1m1z2t.html
vidzi.tv/efdy26x873su.html
vidzi.tv/ytsq0hfa67g5.html
vidzi.tv/jq5xqh66misu.html
vidzi.tv/39fa44tvtebs.html

>Extremis is the 27th most watched programmed on BBC Iplayer
>shit ratings, even shittier than fucking Colin Baker
>no hype whatsoever about the new Doctor nor PCap's regeneration

Is cancellation imminent lads?

I believe it's doing okay in Hamburger and Chink markets. Hype is definately fucking low in the UK and euro countries tho.

Sarky cunt.
Thanks but they don't seem to work for me. Maybe because I'm on a phone.

I didn't know you were on mobile, sorry user.

>hamburger and chink
>caring about markets outside the UK

Oh for fuck's sake, it doesn't matter. Doctor Who in the UK is a fucking institution within television and the fact that no one seems to be giving a fuck about it seems to indicate that the cancellation of the new series will come sooner than later and it will all be Moffat's fucking fault.

Cancellation wouldn't be the end of the world. The wilderness years still provided us with some quality Who.
No need to apologise.

Come up with another episode where the Doctor is forced to assume a human idenity and use the chameleon arc. I'd have the 12th Doctor think he was an Irish Rebel during the 1798 Rebellion

It does matter. BBC Studios is now a separate, for-profit corporation. Most of their money comes from overseas sales, online sales, and merchandising (and I meant overpriced geek shit, not Toys-R-Us). Their biggest asset is the BBC brand's value overseas, and their second biggest is the Doctor Who brand.

So Chibnall isn't going to reverse the focus on foreigners that's been going on since 2009, he's going to accelerate. Doctor Who will be a British institution as in an institution of Britishness to sell to the rest of the world, not an institution for British people.

>everyone was expecting Moffat to go full crazy
>Moffat is going full stop with recycled ideas of his own

What went wrong? Are they saving budget money for Chibs? Saving marketing money? Seriously, what the fuck is happening?

1 thinks he's an old English actor in golden-age Hollywood.

What's the best Dalek story in all DW media?

Have you ever seen the finale of Sherlock's third season? Moffat just ran out. In addition, at the time of writing s10, his mother suffered in the hospital, so man clearly had problems with well-being.

Reminder that history is a whitewash and early 19th century England was at least 20% Bantu African (also Jesus was black)

Eight crosses dimensions and meets the Shalka Dr and they masquerade as out of work actors and go on a holiday in the countryside by mistake.

You mean season 4? Season 3 finale (about Magnussen) is pretty good, and I remember people freaking out for weeks after le epic Moriarty return.
Season 4 felt dead inside, I agree.

>Extremis
>Pope speaking Italian to a fucking ethnic half-Italian

MOFFFATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Fuck, yes, I mean season 4. My bad.

The Dalek Chronicles.

The wilderness years provided us with amazing stuff because of a bunch of unlikely coincidences.

>BBC didn't realise renewing Target's license for Virgin was going to be used to create a spinoff series.
>Virgin didn't give a shit and let Peter Darvill-Evans do whatever he wanted.
>Peter had no idea how to edit a tie-in novel series and did all kinds of crazy stuff from aiming it at an adult audience to an open submission policy that he talked about online.
>The internet was at exactly the right size where RADW could drive new writers to Virgin without flooding them with more crap than anyone could read.
>Even after the novels became somewhat successful, BBC didn't take back the licence because the relevant people continuously believed they were one year away from a big new deal to bring Doctor Who back in some way.

If it was canceled again, we'd have the NSAs continuing as they are, and if we're lucky Big Finish, but possibly not even that—if they want to sell off the property to someone like Disney (which they would, if they'd really canceled it), Disney wouldn't want entanglements like the BF contract.

Do you really don't know?

doctorwhotv.co.uk/bbcw-plans-indicate-new-who-to-run-until-at-least-series-15-84972.htm

>The MOU comes on the back of a content deal that BBC Worldwide also signed with SMG Pictures yesterday evening. The deal will see the entire catalogue of Doctor Who including spin-offs, Torchwood and Class available on popular TV channels and on-demand platforms all over China.

>The deal not only covers Showrunners Russell T Davies and Steven Moffat’s Series 1- 10, but also incoming Showrunner Chris Chibnall’s yet-to-film Series 11, as well as a first look for Series 12-15.

>a first look for Series 12-15

oh my

Would it stop then? The noise in my head?

How is S9 faring so far? I only saw the first three eps. I thought they were entertaining enough but not GOAT. I like Bill much better than the last girl. Has The Master returned yet?

Getting better - I thought Oxygen/Extremis were more interesting than the first four, particularly Knock Knock. And, well, "a" Master has come back.

>Doctor Who in the UK is a fucking institution within television and the fact that no one seems to be giving a fuck about it seems to indicate that the cancellation of the new series will come sooner than later

>This thing is bringing us lots of money but is only getting figures of about 4 million viewers in the UK.
>But it's a UK institution!
>Welp better cancel it then
Doctor Who fans are so fucking stupid

I'd say they are more 'interesting' because arc-related stuff is happening and we get cliffhangers and stuff, but the quality of actual writing is pretty meh.

The female one? Wouldn't she be more accurately described as The Mistress?

They are easily better written as well

Yes, just like May is the Prime Ministress.

Apparently. Though I've never been quite sure WHY she "couldn't very well keep calling myself The Master, now could I"

Probably. Honestly I still prefer The Pilot, episodes 5 and 6 were ok, but I'm not very impressed.

Ministeress isn't a real word.

Because it would sound odd?

Yep. Chibnall says he has big plans for the show, and when he give details it's all about wanting to be more involved in online deals and in every level of the merchandising.

That's what the BBC cares about. If he does that as well as they want, they'll give him the budget he wants (within reason), and the show will continue just fine.

And meanwhile, everyone will care not to care about the few dozen grumpy fans who predict the end of the series every year based on numbers they don't understand or just made up.

But Ministress is:

en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/ministress

>ministress
>NOUN
>1 A woman who ministers or serves.

>Origin
>Late 15th century; earliest use found in Rule Minoresses. From minister + -ess: see -tress.

I stand corrected. I will have to start calling her that.

>in a series with Doctor Widow and Wardrobe, Angels Take Manhattan, Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS, Nightmare In Silver
Nope

>counting christmas specials as parts of series even if they literally aired 9 months beforehand
And I'd rewatch any of those last three before Cold War because at least they have a spare idea between them.

Reminder that russkie zahvatili /who/ and now lords and masters of this fandom.

Alright, I can't argue with a crazy person. Go enjoy Nightmare in Silver

It actually doesn't sound that inappropriate for May, but for Thatcher it would have sounded very weird, even though Thatcher was an aggressively conservative anti-feminist and May isn't.

She could have just said "I am the Master and you will give me all your candy" or something and it would have worked fine.

But after she said "I couldn't very well keep calling myself The Master", and "Missy" has worked so well for her character, it sounds weird to call her The Master.

Also May is pretty fuckable but I wouldn't touch Thatcher with yours.

WHAT IS IT? WHAT'S INSIDE YOUR HEAD?!

True, but then if you looked like Denis, you might have to lower your standards to Maggie-tier.

chronological user here, starting the pilot, I'm gonna finish today

you done well. congrats!

Would /who/ support of a Kiwi Dr Who?

Congrats. Any thoughts?

I do look like Denis but thankfully my right hand functions perfectly.

wew tang clan, you madman, you've done it