San Junipero

months on and it still gets to me every time
best sci-fi story on TV since the "White Tulip" episode of Fringe

opinions?

The black was a basic bitch. The white had zero life expierence. Power outage when?

The Matrix proved that humans can't live in simulacrums of perfect societies

SPBP

It wasn't perfect. Did you forget that gaming nerd who couldn't get pussy?

fuck.

>imagine him living till his 80s... as a virgin
>experience this new VR where he gets another chance to get pussy
>he doesn't get any

This episode is the worst in the series just like this thread is the worst on this board.

White Christmas was better.

How nigger are you?

That episode was comfy.

Objectively terrible taste all around.

The only redeeming part of the episode is that the whole Virtual Afterlife is bullshit.

yeah it's fantastic and you have great taste

I liked the one with the killer bees better

Shit taste. Don't ever post again.

The episode shits all over what makes BM good, that is, showing the negative consequences of our symbiosis with technology.
What does San Junipero say about society? What truths does it reveal about life? That "true love is eternal"? Give me a fucking break.

> steal shit from decades old sci fictions books the show
> good

no

it says almost the opposite of that you idiot

>(and People Who Identify As Women

Liberal cisgender white women do not think things through, do they?

>hurr tech has to always be evil

Kill yourself.

Either way it brings nothing new to the table.
>hurr tech has to always be evil
>I'm a certified retard that can only argue in extremes
Not evil, but not necessarily good for society as a whole. That's what makes the show interesting. That's what creates conflict within the show.
Let's look at the plot for San Junipero
>First two-thirds: Boring romance between two unremarkable characters.
>Last Third: Some sort of ethical/spiritual/romantic dilemma, that has no stakes as either member of the couple can pull out of Second AfterLife at any time.
Wow, really truly madly deeply made me think.
Go watch Stranger Things you nostalgia knob gargler.

SOMA, the videogame, did it better.

that one was great

Shut up and dance was the best episode of that season.

hit close to home?

How young were they?

the one that really hit's close to home is the one with the bees actually.

what was the nigger on the motorbike secret?

>best sci-fi story on TV
>implying you aren't just one of those 80s nostalgia faggots who can't resist blurting out "OOOH HEAVEN HAS A PLACE ON EARTH" at random times during his daily routine

>who can't resist blurting out "OOOH HEAVEN HAS A PLACE ON EARTH" at random times during his daily routine
got me there 2bh

Are you a faggot or something?

>that try hard multicultural soldier episode that blatantly ripped off a great Outer Limits

>that female soldier who tried to act tough
when women try to do this it's just funny

Gross

So its not actually a good piece of narrative. It's just a melodramatic fragment of story with a PC pairing and 80s/90s music and culture injected into it so that viewers who actually experienced them and millennials who wished they experienced them could praise it just for reminding them of a time they love/wished they could have lived in. It's ending runs contrary to everything that Black Mirror always concluded: "Oh don't worry, thanks to technology death is substituted with heaven constitiuting of 80s/90s clubbing, and if you get tired of it you can opt out at any time!" Too much time is spent on the lesbian relationship between the ginger and black, and no time at all is spent on exploring the background which constructs the environment in which their narrative is proliferated.

In other words, if you think this episode of BM is great, you belong on reddit.

jesus christ, the show can take a chance telling a story less about the evils of technology and more about two well-written characters
inb4 your ridiculous reductionism tears into those two
god forbid the show step outside of your narrowly and arbitrarily constructed definition of its theme, but this episode still managed to touch on topics like nostalgia, age and its effects, fucking love, living with disability, and the way we have to morally encounter and wrangle with the sudden removal of humanity-defining limits the extent of which is basically eternal life, albeit simulated and untested

stop imposing your preconceptions where they aren't warranted

I don't know why they gave this episode a "happy" ending.
It really goes against everything that happened on the episode.

>It's ending runs contrary to everything that Black Mirror always concluded:
interesting scifi explores the implications of technology. it isn't morally obligated to weigh in on one side or the other

it wasn't really a happy ending. the last shot of the giant, fully-automated data farm in the middle of the desert (the physical embodiment of their heaven, as it exists on earth) is creepy and overshadows everything that we saw taking place in their fantasy land. not to mention putting out the idea that they're both dead and the whole afterlife is nothing but a simulation played out by AI copies of them conducted by a soulless corporation.

>well-written characters
I won't even comment on this one, but i'll invite you to name at least one defining characteristic from either main character.
>arbitrarily constructed definition of its theme
You mean the one that Charlie Brooker himself defined?
>"...they're all about the way we live now – and the way we might be living in 10 minutes' time if we're clumsy."

>nostalgia
>age and it's effects
>fucking love
Reach any further and you'll be in the thermoshpere. How does the episode handle "nostalgia" beyond the superficial? How does it look at "love" beyond a soap opera's level of exploration?

> sudden removal of humanity-defining limits the extent of which is basically eternal life
Except it isn't eternal life. It is arbitrarily extended life, which has none of the weight of eternity. This distinction neuters any message the episode might have had.
We don't even see how "eternal life" plays out, at least with the characters we actually might give a shit about. We only see how they think it will be be through their dialogue.

What upsets me about this episode is that it could have gone in any number of different directions, and it would have been great. Instead, they used the solid concept of virtual immortality as a backdrop for another tired romance story, and went nowhere with it.