What did yours turn into?

What did yours turn into?

An at&t store and a smaller movie rental place. My movie gallery turned into a rib joint

Five Guys

Dutchman Sports Bar or some shit.

There were two I went to.

One got divided in half and is a cell phone store/restaurant

The other got turned into a massive 7/11

One is a Buffalo Wild Wings and the other is a Chase Bank.

Half of it became a 7-11, the other half became a socks store that went out of business

Who the fuck would go to a restaurant that has a cell phone store also inside of it?

papa johns/verizon

Chipotle

Mine is a Nike Outlet

somali restaurant

no joke

lol

Charity shop

this, it was in a plaza and got split. half five guys, half laundromat

Student housing

Mine sat empty for like 15 years.

;__;

Had to drive by it all the time and see the empty shelves: the PS1 games (because fuck n64 and dreamcast) were right in front of the window so I had to relive all my great memories of standing there and trying to decide which game to rent for 5 days.

The building just recently became a sewing place or some gay ass shit I don't give a fuck about.

Every single fucking Blockbuster here turned into a mattress store. This has got to be some kind of criminal front for something. How often do people actually buy fucking mattresses? The stores are empty all day.

Some that i visited have turned into a pharmacy, a restaurant, part of a store and a Chilis. Independent video rentals still exist?

Question for those born in 1997(cusp of Millennials and Gen Z): do you associate your childhood more closely with Millennial things like Blockbuster, Jimmy neutron, Yu gi oh, PS1, PS2, N64, Drake and Josh, Pokemon when Misty, possibly May also, was still there, Gorillaz, Discman, Malcolm in the middle, Cyberchase, Pokemon gen 1-3, Tamagotchi, Osmosis Jones, original Ben 10, and Kim Possible?

Or Gen Z things like streaming movies on Netflix, CN Real, Hannah Montana, PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, Bakugan, The Dark knight, Pokemon with Dawn and Iris being the female companions, Justin Bieber, WallE, Diamond and Pearl, Twilight, Chowder, Marvelous misadventures of Flapjack, Adventure Time, and Silly bandz?

Mine's a subway now, and a pretty shit one at that

bakery
book store
religious store or whatever, everything was religion related
protein shakes and supplement store
finally got swallowed by the supermarket next to it

They do where I live. Gets fairly busy during the weekend

One is a Steinhafel's Mattress and another is an Anytime Fitness.

I was born in 96 and honestly more Gen Z shit. It's hard to associate much of my childhood with 90s stuff when I was alive for less than half of it

I was born in 98 and I think both of those came in during two halves of my childhood but I strongly prefer the top one. Feel like I was in middle school when all the bottom one started to catch on

The grocery store next door took it over and made it their liquor section.

1 of them turned into 3 different movie rental places after blockbuster and now it's a Mexican resteraunt and the other turned into a Boston market

Medical clinic

Tesco Express

One became a Bank of America and the other was split into two spaces, a Yogurtland and a Private Karaoke Center.

>born in 98

I graduated undergrad in 1998. God I'm old.

Outdoor furniture showroom. The Hollywood Video got split into a Pizza hut and sushi restaurant

My old one is a Mastermind Toys

Chipotle.

One of them turned into this giant pet store for rich white people, and the other an IHOP.

If it helps I was probably still shit posting here with you when u were my age

Papa john's

a and w. im ok with that

Eyemart and partially an ATT store

ah man this thread. The property happens to be empty.

Indian grocery store

Became a Petsupermarket

a big chippy

Git out millennial cuck

A gym called "Fitness 4 U"

A title pawn originally. I think it's something else now.

>all these fags who had 2 blockbusters

You're probably a millennial too dumbass.

>In 10 years retail store won't exist there will just be abandoned decaying commercial property and a amazon hyper-warehouse located near the airport on some ring highway

Mine's still open

2 blockbusters, 1 Hollywood video and like 4 mom and pop shops. Oddly enough it's one of the mom and pop shops that outlived them all. Same crazy old asshole owns it, but his son is now in charge. Lotta great horror movies there and X-Rated material.

bullshit, where?

mac donalds

9 years running.

Kids get molested there, don't they?

Blockbuster was always shit. Censored movies. Limited content. Only top 10 shit. I'm very happy they went out of business.

>2031
>net neutrality is a distant memory
>internet costs $800 dollars a month for a 56k connection
>no one can stream movies or buy things online
>video stores are in a new golden age

Me too. Yeah we should be doing something else right now.

Thanks drumpf.

There's a Family Video five minutes away from me that is STILL to this day in business. Every time I drive by there are cars in the parking lot.

I'm legitimately baffled at how this is possible, I would understand if there's an adult section or gloryholes or something in the back, but it's just a regular video rental store. In 2017.

A discount liquor store. Vast improvement.

One is a pizza patron

Another is a pawn shop

The other two I'd frequent are still empty buildings

Wireless food is the new thing

Urgent care clinic

Sat empty for 5 years before being bought by some local gym chain.

7/11

I am Australian so I still go to my local Blockbusters since it's right next to Kmart

mmm, all those hot young mommies

>tfw i can still see my blockbuster on the earliest google streetview image

A bit blurry, but it's there. Funny how staples of our childhood can just vanish. Like tears in the rain..

An honest to God front for the mob.

wait. did they tear up the concrete and put a pull inside?

autozone

I use to rent sooo many SNES games here. I don't know what the fuck this is now.

Nothing, it's still empty to this day.

>born in 97

Bit of both desu.

Like that other user said, a bit of both.

Being born in 97 is like being the awkward middle child.

Mine closes pretty recently. Kino store. Rent games and heaps of movies too choose from.

A goodwill, it's like poetry

2001 called and bush did 9/11

kek

Childrens party store, the kind with balloons and party hat hats. Then it turned into a store that sells fleshlights and dildos.

born in 97 here
more than half of the millenial things, and i associate like xbox 360 and the dark night with my early teen years but idk if id consider that my childhood.
this is probably from growing up with my older brother being an actual millenial

One of those normie team fitness studios, really sad.

One's a Tim Hortins and another one's a women fitness gym

Slaughterhouse.

There's 2 still around near me.

Any of you from Quebec here? How many of you still go to Superclub Videotron?

Mines still alive and kicking. I live in Anchorage, AK. We have two stores, I think one I know for sure, that are doing quite well actually. it's strange.

Still empty. Family Video almost went under but a pizza place opened beside of it and now it's always busy.

Mine is still empty

chase branch

Oh boy, I can relive the sadness. Thanks, Google.

Turned into a real estate office

half firestone tires,other half "mr.qwick oil change"

Alaska?

this picture is so sad.

Mine sits empty in a desolate strip mall next to an Acme

r u in london ontario

Gym