Shelf/Buy Thread

Let's go show us what you picked up this week.

Oh no, this is one of my favourite threads, I won't let it die just like that.

Bump

Also bump

nice stuff op, but you need more spinoffs

Picked up these this week

oh and here's my recents. haven't bought anything since TCAF because I overspent then

Yeah I'm just getting started with Hellboy stuff. I am gonna pick up some Lobster Johnson and Abe Sapien stuff when I get the last three Library Editions.

What collections are you looking forward to?

Dont have pic but i just got ostranders legend of grimjack trades 1&2 from ebay never read grimjack before what am i in for Sup Forums?

They are coming out with an Absolute Batman Year One that I am pretty excited about.

Unless you're someone who has to buy books in strict order, I'd get Abe vol 2 before vol 1. 1 is pretty self-contained, while 2 ties into Hell On Earth and is basically a bunch of great short stories. Also James Harren's first Mignolaverse work, and he's amazing. Oh, and some great Dave Johnson covers to boot.

Absolute preacher
The Legend of Wonder Woman
Deadpool by Posehn & Duggan Omnibus

I was buying them in a reading order but there was a good deal on the Hell on Earth TBPs so I snagged them up. I was trying to wait for big collected editions like the Plague of Frogs but I just said fuck it.

>Gotham Central omnibus
I need to pick that up.

>Deadpool by Posehn & Duggan Omnibus
I was literally about to order the trades. When is it out?

ben marra's upcoming collection of all his old work

Looking forward to reading these!

are you gonna read the rest of the new york trilogy?

Nice, there's another DP minibus coming too.

Definitely although I think city of glass is the only comic adaptation of the series. Locked Room seems interesting.

It's pretty good but Ghosts is my favorite, the whole series is obviously a PI deconstruction but Ghosts is by far the one that goes above and beyond with it,

I've been waiting to read this series for a long time

In December

On FCBD I had the first two trades for Gotham Central in my stack of shit to buy and the owner who was walking around helping folks showed me the last copy of the omni they had in stock. I snagged it instead. It's super good.

enjoy transmet. volume 3 is the best imo

blind buy on usagi. I'm optimistic.

Representation of all my favorite time periods at marvel.

My actual shelves are a mess and I need to organize and purge but here have what I got most recently that I have barely started reading.

>Tract
Lucky son of a bitch. Jelly of that Breakdown Press stuff. How is Hax?

It is great it has that Kirby power and without any of the text to hold it back it is just powerful drawing and sequences.

Ms. Marvel omnibus, ManaBooch Flash omni, Omega Men, the new trades for Doom Patrol

Squdron Supreme Omni
Master of Kung Fu Omnis 1&2
Ditko Dr. Strange Omni

What's going to be in this second minibus?

>Collecting DEADPOOL VS. X-FORCE #1-4, HAWKEYE VS. DEADPOOL #0-4, DEADPOOL'S ART OF WAR #1-4, RETURN OF THE LIVING DEADPOOL #1-4 and DEADPOOL'S SECRET SECRET WARS #1-4.
No vs Thanos because that wasn't Bunn.

>Punk Rock Jesus Deluxe and the Superior Foes Omni have roughly the same page count
>PRJ is almost half as thick
what the fuck?

What are the extras in the Kingdom Come hardcover?

Heads up, Half Price Books is having a memorial day sale all weekend.

I've been told the Superior Foes paper feels kind of fragile. Might just be that thinness.

>>PRJ is almost half as thick
PRJ has a lot of extras that's why it's thicker

they're both in the mid 300 page range though even after you factor in the extras, there isn't a huge difference in total pages it's just marvel being cheap on a omnibus they probably didn't want to put out in the first place

Picked up some favorite McFarlane covers, gonna meet him next week on Sunday. Couldn't find my favorite Spawn cover (31) so I ordered it off Ebay. If it doesn't come in on time I'll just choose one of these for him to sign.

(1/2) Here are my gets for this week

(2/2) Also, Wednesday was my birthday. I have an elderly aunt who doesn't know much about comics other than that I like them. She likes to surprise me with seemingly random and bizarre stuff she orders from some book catalogue she gets in the mail, and the gifts she gets me always turn out pretty awesome, as you can see. This year I even got a Kirby book!

>probably didn't want to put out in the first place
and yet they did

It has a memorial page identifies each character in the Original Covers
An Interview with Mark Waid
An Article by Alex Ross talking about Kingdom Come
An Annotated Guide
A whole section of Sketches By Ross
Early Sketches of Characters
A bit of the Orion Section of the Script
A Kingdom Genealogy Tree

Absolute AS Superman hiding behind the others.

Debating on whether to buy The Filth HC and the first Atomic Robo omni, but I'll probably just buy a sorely needed bigger bookshelf.

currently trying to get some more flash books to kill time while waiting for season 3, and also trying to get more into valiant books like ninjak and manowar

Rate and hate.

I want that Bucky Amibo, who's the one next to him?

that man can't write or pace out his books. I find it a miracle that people kept buying spawn after the 90s

no hate tho, I hope you enjoy em. i like capullo's art

not a fan of 80s marvel?

How's that Fables Deluxe? Strongly considering getting those if they're any good, and maybe the Y: The Last Man ones too, if I decide against the Absolutes.

That would be Hawkeye. I've never actually bought a Funko, but I was gifted a Z-Box subscription - one of those get a box of nerdy shit every month things - and they turn up in those.

Damn, you asked about the one title I haven't cracked open yet and started to read.

From quickly cracking it open, it seems to be a decently put together hardcover. There's a disconcerting sound of cracking as I open it, but it seems to be a result of the binding being firm, in a good way. The pages fit into the spine well, and there's no risk of the spine itself cracking or the pages coming off the cover's material, as far as I can tell.

My version's dustjacket is a bit warped, which may be due to me transporting it poorly. I more bothered by the pages themselves appearing a bit warped: when the book is closed, they seem to make an S-shape, with too much space between the pages and the cover at some points. Again, I'd guess this could just be due to me moving it poorly, or just a freak defect, but it's something I'd check for if I were buying in-person.

The colouring seems good; as far as I can tell, no re-colouring here, so it has that 90's/early 2000's Vertigo colouring still intact. Nothing seems to be lost in the gutter, and this volume doesn't seem to have two-page spreads anyways, so image-loss via the gutter is nonexistent.

Book weight seems fine, with it being easy to turn pages no matter what part I'm at.

I'm overcritiquing just in case these are points people care about; overall, I'd recommend the deluxe edition, unless you know the Absolutes are better value for money.

5/7 (and no, I don't mean the meme)

That 2099, think we'll ever see collections 4 through 6 published?

>checks amazon

Looks like vol 4 comes out in august. sure are takin their time with these.

You should definitely get more into Valiant. Ninjak is my favorite cape hero.

Just recently started reading comics so this is what I have so far.

Ive been spending a ton of money buying Absolute Edition and Omnibuses lately.

Mad as phuck that I missed an auction for a brand new Promethea Absolute Edition vol.1 that is now OOP

bump

Your aunt has better taste than most of Sup Forums

Alec and Bacchus "Omnibox"
>Omega Men
will there be a HC?

you have a based aunt, user

Mostly buying JSA omnis and NTT omnibus 3 so they're not OOP when it's my time to buy.
Got a good deal on NTT omnibus 1. Now waiting for a cheap deal on vol. 2. No rush.

The under siege stuff is mid 80's, actually.

The early fable deluxes have around a trade and a half of issues. The later ones however have less. The most recent ones 9+ are back to having 15 issues each. It looks like they'll wrap up the series with 15 deluxes. I personally own them all since Fables and older Vertigo is what got me into comics.

Anyone have any experience with the Invincible Compendium? Also is Invincible any good?

I don't own any compendiums but it's not bad. It's Spider-Man Ball Z, in every positive and negative connotation that hybrid could carry. If that sounds interesting, go for it.

He is right but it is also not as good as either of those components at just doing what they do on their own.

I certainly do. Last Christmas I got I book of old Flash Gordon strips and a book of Three Stooges comics from like the 40's that I didn't even know existed, and they turned out to be pretty funny. I might story time them someday.

The only purchase that matters this week.

Did I do good Sup Forums? What else should I get?

Great start

Do you have Annihilation?

Nice, I like all those things, Bruce's book is great btw.

Decent start

Just these two

Is the Spider omni good?
It it, dare I say, fun?

very

>Did I do good Sup Forums?
Yes, very much so. But what you appear to have there is Volume 2 of a 2 part story (okay technically at least 8 parts but we're talking strictly Guardians here).

>What else should I get?
Volume 1, if you don't have it.

>2008+8
>Annihilation being even remotely affordable
They'll almost certainly reprint it when Guardians II comes out in a year.

Very.

I want to order some comics but I really don't know which to pic.
So far I chose those, and fuck those shipping fees.
I planned on preordering some DC rebirth comics but I'm not gonna pay each time 8 dollars when they ship one comic.
Maybe I f I could group them all and wait the end of July, but I don't think I can.

I would like some recommendations, but I want to be careful with the money

Is it really that expensive? I gave my three trades to my nephew a few years ago because I was cleaning out my collection. Guess I should have sold them

I think they'll reprint the annihilation omnibus with the movie since it sold out fast

>Is it really that expensive?
Yeah, Book 1 paperpack is $65 minimum on Amazon. Omnibus is $491.99. Like and I said though, they'll most likely reprint it in a year. Just gotta hold out or hope someone drops the price until then.

So 2000 AD prog 1978 finally arrived a month after it was released, and two weeks after prog 1979. If every third prog is going to get lost in the mail for a month, I might as well just go back to getting the monthly packs from Diamond.

on which sites do you buy your comics? Where can I get correct shipping fees ?

You could just buy them digitally

I almost exclusively use instocktrades now but sometimes I go through B&N or Amazon

>digital

Latest purchases. I bought the two comics on the top left from an awesome shop in Chicago that specialized in minicomics/zines. The place was glorious. I'm upset my area doesn't have anything like it.

Sounds awesome. The pages I've seen from it are great. I wish the GBP wasn't so strong.

Didn't buy any comics this month because I got Doom

How is Doom btw?

>floppies

Well I guess enjoy not getting your books on time.

>he bought doom
l o l
o
l

no idea, hasn't arrived yet