What went so wrong with this movie?

what went so wrong with this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

cockpitusa.com/r-a-f-sheepskin-jacket
youtube.com/watch?v=mU7F-odUEPI
open.spotify.com/album/3T3Kfm4Z6OGCVqIpcpULP1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think the entire problem with the movie was the pacing.

The extremely over the top action sequences didn't help either

Aryan Masterace

i think the movie itself is ok, certainly not any worse than the average capeshit blockbuster, so the reason it flopped must be marketing and casting. mostly, i think it's the choice of hunham as the lead. as much as i like him, he doesn't have the star power to carry a 175m movie on his own, and the supporting cast out of jude law wasn't very audience-drawing either. that, and the trailers didn't sell what was unique and interesting about the movie, which is the signature guy ritchie montages and anachronistic humor. sad really, because the soundtrack is great, and the movie does have some very nice sequences. it just doesn't work as well as a whole.

what was wrong with the action?

>Arthur's development; or lack thereof
>The Darklands sequence made little sense
>Minor pacing issues

Eh, it didn't really "click", I guess. It's a damn fun flick and has classic Ritchie in a lot of it, but it makes Man From UNCLE look like From Russia With Love.

Hurry up and make Sherlock 3 you fuck.

specifically the last fight scene, where it was obvious that it was all cgi

i'd rather have UNCLE-2 desu

Not him but there are a few scenes where Arthur uses bullet time/teleports everywhere with the sword, and it looks really strange. I mean at least it wasn't "Holmes-A-Vision", that would've been gay, but it felt unnatural even for fantasy.

King Arthur is basically just Clash of the Titans (2010) with Ritchie's flair (Fast, witty dialogue played out in fast, witty sequences), and a very loose-fitting King Arthur skin.

These anons
are lying OP, noones seen it so no one knows might as well /thread

Either desu
>mfw Alladin

I must have shit taste because i really liked

no one saw it in america*
it did fairly good in europe, especially uk and ireland.

>tfw aladdin is now a paki-brit and everything else is just like every other guy ritchie movie
>tfw flying carpet drive-by scene
>tfw monkey sidekick hijinks
i'm ok with all of this

I watched it right after coming off of marathoning the Alien franchise in preparation for Covenant.

I'd rewatch Alien and King Arthur.

>that moment when Arthur grabs the sword mid-flashback

Man, i liked it

I fucking wish. Nobody that directs a Disney film actually has any creative say in it or style. J.J. only got one lens flare shot in all of TFA.

At least it will make a gorillion dollars, which means Ritchie will get to keep making movies. He really needs to stick to 20-50m budgets, if not lower. How hard could it be to keep making Snatch while throwing up the story and set design?

No Guy, sorry but really that's just your mum buying as many tickets as her pension can afford, sorry bro really no-ones seen it maybe you should've made RocknRolla 2 instead

I wish Uther, his family and Vortigen had gotten a proper 15-20 minute prologue. Would've given some weight to all the flashbacks, and maybe could've avoided that awkward monologue about the sword's origins.

Uther jumping onto the mammoth was by far the dumbest thing in the movie.

I saw it and paid for it.
Pacing was an issue, and it felt overstuffed like if you tried to stuff Batman Begins and The Dark Knight Rises into one movie.
The only actors that seemed to actually care were the fat guy and Jude Law. Charlie Hunnam was a good choice for Arthur, but his line delivery was off when it came to certain jokes.
The Knights also didn't have as much chemistry or looked that great together as opposed to Henry Cavill, Armie Hammer, and Alicia Vikander or RDJ and Jude Law.

I liked it more than I thought I was gonna after everyone shit on it

>Nobody that directs a Disney film actually has any creative say in it or style

Do you just regurgitate shit you read in cringey DChad threads and accept it as gospel?

Should I watch black sails or vikings?

Blacks Sails, just because of this faggot.
He's the best character of them all.

People don't give a shit about king Arthur. Even if it's a different take on it. Honestly I didn't know anyone that was interested in it

King Arthur gave a really good glimpse of how the Aladdin remake might turn out.
Arthur was a thieving street rat that grew up without parents and then found out he was a prince, pretty similar to the Disney movie.
>tfw aladdin is now a paki-brit and everything else is just like every other guy ritchie movie
Rumor is that Jade Thirlwall is Jasmine.
>flying carpet drive by scene
It's not a Guy Ricthie movie if that doesn't happen.

Aidan Gillen didn't have enough lines

Movies Guy could've made
>rock n rolla 2
>sherlock 3
>UNCLE 2
>random British crime flick
Actors he could have used
>brad Pitt
>RDJ
>Cavill
>fassbender
>that Russian from UNCLE
what he did make
>Sherlock 3-medeval edition
with
>literal who
It failed wtf? No one could have predicted this

People who do give a shit about King Arthur saw the trailer and decided to just watch Excalibur again, who the fuck was this movie meant to be for?

>Guy Ritchie thinks he's the English Tarantino with similar range

Nigga needs to get back to doing crime shit cause that's what he do

what are those jackets called with the fluffy inside and kinda brown leathery outside?

I thought this movie had some amazing visuals
At least is better than H8

No I'm basing it on the fact that Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast were 1:1, shot for shot adaptions. Right down to the script.

This series of adaptions is just another cash cow, and hiring Ritchie makes little sense because they will undoubtedly shut down anything he attempts, if he even tries. Disney will handle the casting, the script is already written, the camera angles are already determined, etc... The movie was already made, just like Cinderella and B&B. May as well just sit an executive behind the camera.

Source: I watched Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast.

for whatever reason, directors seem to love hunham. maybe he's a great guy irl.

>Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast
Eastern Europe here. Even i watched that shit when i was a kid.
I don't think there is anybody over 20 who hasn't watched Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast.

I'll ****ing fight you

Right, which means you've seen the adaptions, which were made to bait nostalgic women and the kids they drag to the theater for them.

fluffy brown leather jackets

cheers ill just take a loopriced at $4,195.WHAT THE FUCK

The Bane Classic

why they look awful outside of movies?

they look good but only on the right type of guy. specifically masculine guys.

You need to be a big guy to pull it off

why did bane looks so bad with one but regular hardy not?

Budget: $175 million
Box Office: $97 million

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

there were only like 2 guy ritchie esque scences.

obviously king arthur will get sword and defeat bad guys

entire plot is arthur getting sword and defeating bad guys with no subtlety or nuance. never once even doubt his supremity

i think it was basically exactly the same as the warcraft movie, in almost every way.

also i really like guy ritchies other movies.

cockpitusa.com/r-a-f-sheepskin-jacket

cause banes wasnt as aesthetic its like a broken trenchcoat covered in shit

People are tired of "forget what you THINK you know" adaptations of classic stories. The only somewhat accurate depiction of La Morte D'Arthur is still John Boorman's Excalibur. People are seeing through franchise-starters with classic open source names slapped on them.

same jacket, non masculine guy, looks awkward and try hardy. not tom hardy.

>Five Big Guys
>Burgers and Fire Rises

it's a bit big for him

You have to be kind of burly. Wide shoulders compliment the hell out of a jacket like this.

Jackets too small in length, doesn't have the collar up, and he isn't Tom Hardy.

too big... too small...

like said you need to be burly with big shoulders otherwise it just eats you up

Hardy has embraced his big guy status, unlike Aiden who denies he is or ever was CIA

done right youtube.com/watch?v=mU7F-odUEPI

Better than expected, though the bar was set pretty low.
Would watch it again if it was on while I was flipping through channels/5

>not letting the jacket eat you up and looking like a retard

ishygddt

Mostly the fact that the definitive king arthur movie came out 40 years prior, rendering it completely redundant and useless.

Jesus, what is wrong with drake.
He ain't even a manlet, also jackets covering your hands never look good.

i'd sleep in that desu

The coat, not Drake.

it makes you look like a fat tub of lard. humans recognise silhouettes, its why curvy girls are a thing, but not a thing when they wear baggy stuff. having some spastic huge jacket that doesnt fit doesnt do you any favours.

>lives in a whore house
>not a single tit or hairy vag shown

biggest mistake ever

open.spotify.com/album/3T3Kfm4Z6OGCVqIpcpULP1

seriously though, goat soundtrack, i hope the composer gets some recognition for it.

Guy Ritchie is extremely limited, basically he should stick to his Snatch/Lock Stock formula, anything else is out of his comfort zone.

This was a complete mess, with flat characters (only one who looked like he tried even a little bit was Jude Law) and a incredibly boring plot.

The movie was so bad that a african knight actually made perfect sense.

The good thing about this box office bomb is that Ritchie's upcoming Aladdin and Sherlock Holmes 3 projects are likely shelved.

ay man gotta keep it clean for the kiddos

>Sherlock Holmes 3
>shelved

Great soundtrack

so the meme's too big for him?

Since when was king arthur male?

No one wants a King Arthur movie.

Since the alt-right distorted the traditional arthurian legend

Black fashion regarding oversized cloths originates in the once common practice of getting your older brother's old ones.

why has she got a ghost super-soaker?

Christly fuck, I've been on here too long

Well like what culture said it doesn't have many female characters ://

only true king right there

She uses the blessing of the Lady of Lake to hide the true form of her weapon

It looked very, very bad and cheap from the trailer.

Where the fuck that that 175m go?