Diamondback in Luke Cage

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jesus

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Other urls found in this thread:

comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/fajarherwandhan/lists/32-luke-cage-rogues-gallery/54543/
denofgeek.com/us/tv/daredevil/253897/will-daredevil-season-3-happen
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Looks fine.
Don't act like they are making un-needed changes to a beloved character. Luke's entire extended cast in the comics is garbage and you know it.

It's not even a production shot, they'll "fix" it when you see him with lighting and little CGi enhancements

I'm not really sure what the point of the goofy helmet is. The rest of the costume seems pretty spot on though.

For a second I thought this was an Arrow thread and Diggle had gotten a costume redesign.

Isn't Diamondback a girl?

I thought diamond back was a hot pink haired girl...Why is she a black man now?

Obviously he's been cyborged. Probably after Luke fucks him up early in the season and then returns with enhancements only to get fucked up in short order again.
Dude is literally a throw away character whose nom de guerre is better known as a hot female Captain America foil.

John Diggle got a new costume?

This could be awesome if he appears in an episode where Jessica Jones appears and it's just the Luke and her ripping him verbally apart. No fighting, no other plot, just 50 minutes of them insulting the guy until he can't take it anymore and kills himself. The rest of the series is Cage and Jones learning to live with having bullied a man to death.

Sex Change.

First Diamondback was Willis Stryker a childhood friend of Cage.

Huh.

He sounds like a faggot. I prefer pink hair snek

His bit is trick knives (Poison Explosives, Sonic Waves)

He was dispatched rather quickly hence Pinky showing up later.

No it isn't, he actually has a really awesome world and cast of characters, you just never read them and don't have the vision to see it's potential. You don't even like these characters to begin with user.

What's the point of adapting Power Man if literally nothing is going to be taken from the source material

I wonder if they'll play with this theme of unsatisfactory revenge?

Instead of accidentally blowing himself up he intentionally heroes to deprive Luke of a victory.

I am so disappointed with this. Netflix is meant to be grounded and Luke Cage has some of the most grounded villains ever. By the FALTINE FUCKING FLAMES, why did the writers add some stupid cyber shit? He was a guy that was good with knives and wore a snakeskin suit. He had trick knives. People loved Winter Soldier, hire the choreographer to make some bad ass knife fights. It's fucking easy

This is a plot by the White Man. It has to be.

I was going to say, this is Black Driver on Arrow tier

Due to the #GiveCaptainAmericaABoyfriend campaign Marvel decided to turn Diamondback into a black male and introduce him in Luke Cage, then we will see him in Infinity Wars where he will be paired up with Captain America.

Cool

>last scene of the season
>luke killed the arizona baseball baseball mascot
>Luke walks over to jessica lying on the ground and starts to choke her
>she gently touches his face as he's choking the life out of her
>"sweet christmas!" he exclaims before bursting into treats
>jessica calls him disgusting

One of his villains is half man half fish...

And another has a fucking roulette wheel on his chest.

Face it dude, Luke's got some stupid villains.

Is this reboot Robocop?

Knives against a guy shown in a previous season to be impervious to knives. You should be a show runner.
"B-but they are TRICK knives!"
Yes so much less goofy than whatever-it-is they are doing in the show.

What exactly would be wrong with a horrifying Dagon like urban legend fish monster that lurks beneath Harlem?

Is the Riddler just too outrageous for you too? I don't think you even like comic book superheroes to begin with user.

>Don't act like they are making un-needed changes to a beloved character.
They're making un-needed changes to one nobody cares about. With that stupid helmet, now no one ever will.

>"Ha! How they cringe--"
Indeed.

in the comics diamond back used adamantium knives that could cut through luke's skin.

I care user. Just because something isn't popular doesn't mean nobody cares

>Marvel decided to turn Diamondback into a black male and introduce him in Luke Cage
He was a black male from day one, and was also originally introduced in a Luke Cage story.

>Guy's comic costume is just a snakeskin jacket
>Somehow manage to fuck it up worse than any other costume adaptation

I like this.

Don't even. I don't know why you've chosen Luke's miscarried rogues gallery as the hill you want to die on but they are ALL trash.
Luke himself has never caught on as a solo act. Much like when they tried to sell Nova as the new teen hero the whole world would love. None of HIS rogues are worth a fuck either.

Ghetto fish-man, ghetto knife-man and several snake-themed ghetto pimp-men are all Luke has and they are all shitty characters and any change is welcome.

it's called a joke mate

I'm wondering if Bernthal will show up in Black face to play Black Frank.

>comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/fajarherwandhan/lists/32-luke-cage-rogues-gallery/54543/

Literally looks like a parody of a Rogues Gallery.

No, you're just another person that likes to spout off ignorant thoughts. There are no bad characters inherently, just bad writers who don't see their potential. Power Man and his Warriors style eccentric street gangs make for an awesome setting. Mr Fish is genuinely cool as a concept

>There are no bad characters inherently,
Bullshit. It's a romantic though but there ARE such things as bad characters built on bad premises. In cases like that a good writer will alter the fuck out of that premise, give a new context, and overhaul the character.
But by god that writer better not put a helmet on that character!

Why do I have to touch his hand?

BECAUSE OR ELSE...

Doesn't look that much differentthan the Rogues from Central City. None of these characters display ridiculousness beyond what is expected from comic books. Chemistro is actually a great Power Man antagonist. His setting is intentionally outrageous and theatrical

No, it's not bullshit, and it's your mentality that leads to generic soulless characters that are too afraid to be colorful and over the top like Power Man originally was.

Power Man never needed to be "brought up to date" or revamped. He was just fine hanging out in the old Gem Theater and fighting loudly themed street gangs

Know whos a perect antagonist for Power Man?

Power Man

THUNDERBOLTS PHASE 4 [/SPOILER]

My issue is that there are other Power Man villains that use future tech. Willis Stryker is a simple character that fit well into the overall tone of the Netflix MCU. Like others have pointed out, this looks like CW shit and the contrast is jarring.

They don't seem that bad, just boring visually, no sillier than the usual cape villain. I have yet to check their premise. Stryker is surprisingly "memorable" given he died in the second(?) issue.

Yeah no need to update dat jibber jabber, you turkey.
Fuck off.

You fucking idiot, its Netflix, nobody gets their real "outfit" until the end of the season.

So you think Black-Bullseye is the better option?
Maybe he still throws knives but they wanted a way for him to not die with a single super powered punch from Luke.
We don't know and getting all righteous and pissy about a fucking on set photo is retarded. It's not even an official promo pic. How many of these fucking capeshit set pics do we have to see before it sinks in that they NEVER look like the finished product?

OH SHIT! It's Turbo Man!

It's the whole snake skin theme that makes him work. You have to include his full crew with Shades and Comanche though. I think it's pretty solid thematically seeing Power Man fight his former best friends who betrayed him

Street Gangs that don't fucking exist anymore.
You could have that kind of shit in 1970s Harlem. At this point that concept is as anachronistic as a band of outlaw cowboys.
There's got to be some secret society/cartel involved with these guys because West Side Story just aint happen'n any mo ya dig?

Why the helmet? Diamond Back was a knife master. He even got special knives to fight Luke cage.

He also went down like a bitch but that's beside the point.

>Comanche
Yeah, that'll happen. Ain't gonna win any Peabody Awards that way, brotha

Why does every Netflix show need to be grounded? It's kind of nice to have some variety among your series. They can't all be the grim and grit of DD and JJ.

I feel like Chemistro and Mr Fish are pretty neat visually

That's a Captain America character. Yeah it's confusing.

She was basically his Black Cat.

>grounded
As opposed to what? Full on Adam West?

I don't dig, because these stories aren't meant to reflect reality. I want Marvel New York is be a perpetual Warriors Style dystopian cityscape. Movies like the Warriors and A Clockwork Orange are set in bizarre vaguely defined "near future" settings, why can't Marvel do that?

He has a sound origin as well. If you want, you can make him really sympathetic by having men like Edison, and Carver being his idols.
>The first Chemistro, Curtis Carr, was born in Kansas City, Kansas. While working as a chemist and research scientist for Mainstream Motors, he created an "alchemy gun" capable of transmuting matter from one form to another by an unknown process (wood to glass, etc.). Horace Claymore, the company's president, was impressed until Curtis voiced his intent to keep the device. Claymore argued that since the gun was made on company time, it belonged to Mainstream. When Claymore fired him, Curtis adopted the persona of Chemistro to gain revenge and to extort his former employers.

Because that's not at all the world shown in 13 goddamn movies and three seasons of other Netflix shows!?
Also it sounds stupid as hell. You must love the Double Dragon movie.

>So you think Black-Bullseye is the better option?
Yeah, I do. Luke isn't even that strong. He has bullet proof skin and super strength on par with Cap. I'm pissy because this reminds me of Dragonball Evolution. If you don't think the core concept, look and tone of a series is worth adapting (It must be if you're adapting it), just let it be.

Well, they're planning a crossover so being consistent with power levels and camp helps the viewer believe that they all exist in the same city. I didn't even want grim for Luke but Marvel seems to be ashamed of his flashy past so I strive to see a grounded Ultimate Style version of the character work. Random Robo tech seems to be missing the point.

For the most part they were screaming racial caricatures that they probably couldn't fly today.

The better keep mace and bushmaster though.

I always thought it would have been great if they made the origin of Power Man's unbreakable skin a result of an alchemical experiment on human subjects Chemistro was hired to do.

Because he's shoot you otherwise.

Later in the comics he was explained to have luck powers while his brother, Senior Muerte, was just a psychopath.

They really weren't that stereotypical or racist. That's just want you want to see and what you've been trained to see. You're the same as the people who immediately assert that M'Baku the Man Ape is a racist character and than blindly perpetuate this ignorance to the point where the souls and personalities of these characters are stripped away and are given a generic mediocre makeover that nobody can really be mad at, but never really like at the same time.

For a second I thought this guy was a part of the Serpent Society. Which by the way, we need to see these guys at some point

Dude that went over your head, in case you're a normie Cap had a girlfriend who also went by Diamondback, it was a joke.

>Luke isn't even that strong. He has bullet proof skin and super strength on par with Cap
Even in MCU terms that enough to fucking break a dude whose whole thing is being a knife thrower...
Plus WE DONT KNOW THE CONTEXT. He might very well start off as a normal guy who those knives and they upgrade him later.

I better seen them in Cap 4

It's interesting really, how when you get visually bizarre with black villains it becomes "stereotypical" or "racist." I admit there are some things that leave a lot to be desired, but I haven't seen a character from his gallery that is downright offensive. It goes without saying that pimps and gangsters are generally speaking nasty people regardless of race, just flesh them out, and give them personalities.

If you don't think superhero movies should strive to be like Big Trouble in Little China and Street Fighter, you've got it all backwards

>They really weren't that stereotypical or racist.

Uh huh.

No.
Black guy is a pimp with razor sharp grills.
Black guy dresses like an Indian.
Black guy with big fish lips.
Nah s'all cool

I don't see it as any different from the gangsters and pimps Daredevil fights. Nobody says that same shit about Turk

>Its all in the reflexes
Madame Gao looks lovely in that pic

It doesn't matter if they ARE racist, if you make a black man look weird or make him a villain, you are racist and need to check your privilege.

He wasn't a monster, just a very ugly black man.

What's inherently racist about this character? They use this same character archetype with fat Italian mob matriarchs all the time in crime stories

>Anaconda
Thicc

Her design got better, but yeah that does scream "Mammy." It could arguably be a twist on that stereotype, instead of being a passive big black woman that raises Masa's Kids, she acts out for her own wants and needs for better or for worse. I do doubt that was the intention.

>black female wilson fisk who don't need no man

haha dumb

Totally not Kingpin either

I know right? Maybe they could cast Martin Lawrence and put him in a fat suit to round it off a bit.

I've always liked the underlying snake theme with Power Man's more manipulative villains. It has a Conan the Barbarian esque crusher of demonic snake cults vibe.

The way she talks and the way she looks.
Change those two things and you've got a totally different character. But hey, at least she isn't wearing a helmet.

Isnt this Luke Cage a bit, I dont know, nerfed in this version? Like when the point blank shotgun blast gave him a concussion, I know Cage is susceptible to internal damage if the force is strong enough but I thought comic Cage could take more punishment than that

Piranha Jones isn't offensive either, just really boring, he'd work more as hired muscle than anything else. The sharp teeth motif only makes sense if it's made of something that can penetrate Luke's skin, maybe his saliva is laden with an enzyme that can chew through titanium.

The key facets of a character is in HOW they do things. You change that and the character is pretty much ruined.

I can bet that shitty helmet has aim assist or some shit.

>they are going to keep making jessica jones and luke cage capeshit for netflix
>we might not even see a Daredevil season 3

fuck this gay world

Villains don't always need powers perfectly tailored to counter the powers of the hero they fight. You can assume Piranha Jones was working as a villain before he ever fought Power Man.

>we might not even see a Daredevil season 3
What?

What are you smoking? You think Marvel is going to drop a critically acclaimed Netflix series? If anything theyre debating on having him guest star in a future movie

they might drop daredevil and just include him in the inevitable DEFENDERS series that these shows are all leading up to
i looked up just yesterday when the new season was going to be released and thats when i read about this...

links or it didn't happen.

>critically acclaimed
idk about that, but its a fan favorite thats for sure

but out of the 3 jewflix capeshit series that theyve released so far its the least fashionable out of the 3

the main character is a white male
hardly any minorities

while the other two the MC is a black dude and a white chick

wow you are a lazy nigger
heres your link faggot www.google.com

Okay, so you're just retarded.

denofgeek.com/us/tv/daredevil/253897/will-daredevil-season-3-happen

Such a stupid fucking idea. They've already botched so much of Daredevil already, and now they're doing this fucked up version of the Defenders that is literally in no way fucking anything like the Defenders in any discernible way.

Who the fuck are these in name only adaptions for? They're clearly not for people who actually have read these stories, and people who don't read comic books aren't going to be drawn in by the name alone.