How H.P. Lovecract speaks to our terrifying political time

>Howard Phillips Lovecraft is primarily known for two things: his terrifying works of supernatural fiction, which have had an outsized influence on the horror genre, and his virulent racism, which are especially harsh even by the standards of his time.
>Just as Lovecraft and his acute xenophobia are inextricably linked, so too are the presidential race and the fear and loathing undergirding it. Any effort to logic through the support for Donald Trump, possibly the most narcissistic and mendacious presidential candidate in history, is incomplete without mention of the anger, fear, and insecurity stewing in his base of supporters (a phenomenon described euphemistically in the political press as “racial resentment”). Trump has reached the cusp of the presidency by stoking those fears with the flair of a ringmaster.

avclub.com/article/how-hp-lovecraft-speaks-our-terrifying-political-t-240224

Other urls found in this thread:

hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/rw.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

TRUMP IS RAYCISS BECAUSE HE WANTS COMMON SENSE IMMIGRATION POLICY WAAAAH

You know, I would agree that trump is stoking the flames of fear. But has anyone considered that's what it's going to take to fucking motivate people? We are tired of the platitudes the democrats offer of saying everything is fine we have never been better off. Look around, there is killings almost everyday, the economy is on a decline, we are sitting on a student debt bubble bigger then your moms ass, it's not fine and the American people see it. The only people who don't see the incoming train of reality is democrats. We need a new approach to the presidency and this ooohhhhhh we all need to love each other is not fucking cutting it this year. Better luck next time

>these two things are related
there must be a couple missing paragraphs here

WE WUZ CUTHULUS AND SHEEEIT

Lovecraft did nothing wrong

He wrote of the criminal propensity of the nigger, how they rob and mug wherever they are; they're full of vice and violence

I used catnip and pounce treats to recondition my ex-gf's black cat into responding to the name
>niggerman

Only took a month. She was libshit as hell too so it made her rage.

Shit was worth it as I knew it wasn't gonna last based on nothing but grudge-fucks from constant arguments.

>"Trump is a total fucking fascist Nazi!"

I mean, I hate Trump, but this hyperbole is really fucking dumb. We've had presidents who were in the fucking KKK, owned slaves, and literally killed men for insulting their wives in the past. Honestly, if you've been paying attention, Trump is really just some dumbass businessman turned pop culture icon who "runs" each election cycle (has 3 times in a row now, knocked in the primaries each time) without really believing he was going to win. I'm sure Trump is just as surprised as everyone else that he got this far, and it fucking shows: his campaign his horrifically disorganized, no real platforms, EXTREMELY retarded proposed tax plan that will never get passed through congress and relies heavily on pissing people off by acting like a frat bro

I don't believe he's going to be fascist dictator though. Classic fucking American 20th/21st century hyperbole. Obama has deported more foreigners than any government in history (this is fact by the way look it up), if Trump becomes president it will just be business as fucking usual.

Tl;dr Trump is just a retarded neoliberal shock jock type, not a committed Nazi.

When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Jove's fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th'Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a Nigger.

What compels these cucks to write this shit? It's baseless garbage, and it's not even working anymore. This won't change anyone to a democrat.

When the Gov says everything is fine, it most likely isn't.

>Hated Jews and race mixing
>Married a Jew

So much this.

Things are NOT fine. Constant shootings, acts of violence, war, ISIS, terrorists, etc,

Reality is ugly. That's the truth. For some reason, an extremely large portion of people either cannot see this, or flat out refuse to see this. Living in denial will not make these problems go away. Our best bet is to acknowledge and accept them entirely, and then tackle them head on.

The problems of the world today isn't some scratch that will heal on its own over time. It's a staph infection that if left untreated, will kill us.

>avclub
literally kys

>American economy is on the decline

Well, it's actually going at fairly normal rate annually (2-3%) but it doesn't feel like it because middle class jobs have not returned and there has only been an increase jobs for low and high skilled labourers, nothing in between.

Wealth inequality is here to stay I think as our economy becomes increasingly more automated and specialized. Gone are the days of giant steel mills and factories that can employ 10,000 people at a time with very satisfying wages.

It's very unfortunate and depressing but I don't know how to fix it. Just the way the economy has evolved due to technology. Everyone's going to be either very rich technocrats or bottom of the barrel labourers who are only around because cheaper than replacing you with a robot

literally me

Remember when everybody pretended to adore Lovecraft when true detective came out?

Good to see normies are even more full of shit than I had imagined.

See, there's one reason why I think Trump will be one of the best (or the absolute worst) presidents we've seen in aeons...

Simply based off of his nature and they way he's lived his life... he will NOT be satisfied being known as a mediocre president.

He wants to carve his name into the history books as the POTUS who is remembered as the best one since... EVER!

He'll either succeed or fail horribly.

Given his track record in life I'm going to bank on success.

Many people will try to get in his way, as they are vultures who want this to die so they can fatten themselves off the corpse of America and Europe then use that energy to build their slave empire technocracy upon our ruins.

How Trump handles them will be the determining factor in how he's remembered.

I believe only as a favour if I'm not mistaken. He didn't actually love her I believe, only so she could stay in America IIRC

> Write truthful essay about a specific demographic.
> Racist.

Ok.

Hmm, maybe though his proposed tax plan is very dumb and will cause deficit spending to soar, he wants to cut corporate tax from 39 to 25 percent.

I don't know how he plans to pay for the government, especially when he seems to be intent on increasing strikes in Syria and Iraq. Cutting back on NATO aide isn't going to make up differences either. Right now the 101-102% of our GDP in mational debt is OK but when we get to like 120-130% like Greece then its going to be a huge fucking problem and nobody is going to want to do business here.

I don't care about stupid insulting shit a candidate says really, unless its really outrageous, but his platforms just arent realistic

I do like his opinions on NATO. No reason for it to exist anymore. Authoritarian Marxism spreading to Europe was a very real threat but it isnt anymore and now exists only as a regional hegemony to provoke reactions out of Russia with. It is completely obsolete and even dangerous.

This. Lovecraft was a neurotic shut in who probably found it difficult to have sex with anyone. There were rumours of him being homosexual but nothing at all is actually known about his sex life, if he even had one.

No, it's not fact.

They literally counted turning away spics at the border as 'deportations'.

Kek

I also named one of our black barn cats Niggerman, and he always came when his name was called. I miss him

>H.P. Lovecraft
>White
>Racist
>Wrote amazing stories
What's not to love?

This election is Lovecraftian in many ways.

Who needs bitches when you have ice cream?

is this actually lovecraft or are you memeing

>is this actually lovecraft
That's actual Lovecraft.

>conservatives are driven by hate and fear
>not like us liberals

FUCKING REPUBLICUNTS! THEY'RE SO FUCKING STUPID AND WORTHLESS HOLY FUCK I HATE THEM SO GODDAMN MUCH WHY CAN'T THEY SEE THAT WE'RE RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING
TRUMP IS WINNING?! IT'S GOING TO BE WW3! WE NEED TO STOP ARMAGEDDON! NO ONE IS SAFE

Trump is stoking fear, the candidate democrats compare to Hitler is the one stoking fear?

I love how many times it's mentioned logic cannot get trough Trump, when in fact logic is never attempted.

>AVClub

Nice source.

Go fuck yourself.

>That's actual Lovecraft.

nice.

So you shit talk a dead man just to say you hate Trump.
People like this need to be punched.

I fucking wish. At least they are working the meme magic.

Indeed. Due to his racial views, he's on Sup Forums required reading list.

>So you shit talk a dead man just to say you hate Trump.
Don't you know?

All White people throughout history must be vilified until they are as hated as Hitler. (While at the same time, all non-Whites must be elevated and promoted as the pinnacle of humanity)

For example, they hate every single founding father of the USA because they were all racist, sexist, oppressive slave owning bigots.

KEKRONOMICON.

He was also trans* as so many racist homophobes are. Pic related.

What does any of this shit have to do with Lovecraft? Stop sharing liberal clickbait news you dumb faggot.

>Lovecraft’s racism—or Donald Trump’s, for that matter—is not merely a moral failing or potentially career-ending social faux pas. It’s a corrosive worldview that precludes harmonious societies, even as it yields tremendous works of literature and political reversals of fortune.
>precludes harmonious societies
The only thing that precludes harmonious societies is diversity you fucking dip.

>Joshua Alston
Every time.

Your batshit mom dressing you like a girl doesn't make you trans. It does however encourage you to have a healthy distrust of women, which Lovecraft did.

The word "economy" is derived from a Greek word meaning household management.

The economy is supposed to serve the people, the people are not supposed to serve the economy. A national 3% GDP growth is meaningless if the population does not somehow benefit. It becomes an irrelevant number.

>Gone are the days of giant steel mills and factories that can employ 10,000 people at a time with very satisfying wages

Steel is still being produced. Factories still exist. Products are still being made. Why not in the US for a US market at decent wages?

It seems like the modern orthodoxy is that the people must adapt to the economy and not that the economy must adapt to the people.

I just don't know anymore. I guess it's just people that are fully vested in the current economic structure defending their wealth by perpetuating the status quo at any cost.

The only thing I can think of is that the monetary system itself requires perpetual growth or it will collapse, and that the social welfare systems that are in place are structured like Ponzi schemes and will implode without sufficient numbers of new people paying in each year.

Are the politicians really willing to destroy Western Civilization just to save the monetary system? Are they really willing to destroy Western Civilization just so they don't have to admit that they have mismanaged the social welfare programs?

It's like burning down your house so you can collect insurance money that you will use to pay the mortgage.

>For example, they hate every single founding father of the USA because they were all racist, sexist, oppressive slave owning bigots.
Well it is kinda true.

>Well it is kinda true.
But of course the anti-Whites want you to believe there's something wrong with being a "sexist" a "racist" "a bigot" etc.

In other words, they're trying to indoctrinate everyone to be anti-White.

Lovecraft had issues.

The point of this piece isn't to covert anyone. The point is to allow SJW DemoScum feel good about themselves while further reinforcing their brainwashing.

dogs BTFO.

>It's like burning down your house so you can collect insurance money that you will use to pay the mortgage.
Wow. This was a top-tier post.

the more weird shit that comes out with these emails talking about moloch inner circles and what not the dunwich horror is starting to sound like a bedtime story

Absolutely nothing has changed. Today, in America and in some places abroad they are currently in an uproar to bring about segregation and judgement based on skin color. They do this because judging based on content of character simply doesn't jive with them, being judged for their character brings them to ruin as they are vile across the board. So now they would rather bring back a form of segregation instead. They want to go back, they want everyone to look at them for skin color only. Little do they know that "oppression points" identity politics is on it's way out, so they are rightly fucked in that regard.

everyone at the time for some reason dressed their kids regardless of gender in a dress

These articles trying to explain away the Trump phenomenon as a movement of retrograde neanderthals filled to the brim with fear and loathing is getting quite old.

He's right, though

I used the Kekronomicon to evoke 'Frog Soggoth'

>Start reading Lovecraft at 13, love the monsters, magic, and Great Old Ones.
>A decade later come find my way to /pol, take the redpill
>Now have an entirely new understanding of Lovecraft and the Cthulhu Mythos

Feels good.

This whole thrad is fantastic
especially you

>wahh wahh prolific and influential writer was a racist in the 1920s

you mean Frog Sothoth

get your lore right if your gonna meme about it

Not naming it PussyNigger

Youre missing the point...

hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/rw.aspx

>Implying that his amazing racism is anything but icing on top of the spooky cake.

>Kekronomicon

Kill yourself then kill your husband faggot.

FPBP

makes you think huh

Tremendous

>dogs are incredibly domesticated and there is an enormous variation between breeds that can also account for the same things he claimed only cats do
>cats are wild animals being detained as slaves by their owners

I mean its one thing for Lovecraft to be racist as fuck but supporting slavery in 2016 is just unacceptable.

wtf i hate dogs now

I came here to post this.
thx

>Howard Phillips Lovecraft
>his virulent racism
>Lovecraft and his acute xenophobia
Can this meme please die? He used the word negro in his works, but that was completely normal and acceptable for that time. I mean, c'mon, IT'S 1915!

dogs are things that have been raised along side humans for centuries that will love you play with you hunt with you protect your young and not be a nigger which is one of the greatest things anything can do.

when a dog does not want to play it will just lay there even if you throw the stick.

cats are little shit wagons that invade your personal space and if you try to pet them they will try to gut your arm. they can't help being niggers all of the time, they don't give a shit about you our your family, they just want to use the space that you've built that is warm,

Dumbest shit I've read in untold aeons

I'm ok with segregation. as long as the niggers claim it is what they want so some good black guy can't come out like MLK and get shot again

I had a based tomcat that spent 80% of its time oudoors, that literally acted like a hunting dog. It protected its territoy, would regularly bring up dead snakes to the porch to show us it was a badass. It would literally bring me back birds Id shoot with a pellet gun as a kid. The cat was fond of eating whole squirrells leaving nothing but the tail. Tough bastard lived to be 24 years old and was a more loyal companion than any dog Ive ever had.

He's very wordy.

that's like saying that you knew a nice black guy once.

but correct.

the 1920s sound like a pretty ok time.

>judging people based on contemporary "moral standards"

wew

In a couple of decades from now, the majority of people will be seen as savages for consuming animal products, so the PC public needs to step down from their soap boxes. Most of them will be considered slave owners and or murderers.

Wasn't Lovecraft a racist or something?

He's right desu.

He was a xenophobe—no different than Israel or Japan, yet neither of those two countries are ever criticized for their stances.

>I had this Russian car that had German engine, transmission and suspension
>Russian cars are great

hindoostan lmao

>so many white, right-leaning voters have been gripped by Lovecraftian dread

That's ridiculous, as long as we continue worshiping the almighty frog god victory is pretty much assured.

This one isn't strictly true. There were subsaharan tribes and nations who built great works, carved out modest empires and generally showed promise. Problem is, they lasted precisely as long as it took their subhuman neighbours to integrate into their societies and fuck it all up. The ruins they left behind were buried with time, and most of what remained got stripped for building materials by European colonists who didn't make the mistake of treating the savages as equals.

That totally won't backfire, right.

>There were subsaharan tribes and nations who built great works, carved out modest empires and generally showed promise.
Genuinely curious about these.

The author of this piece is simply Lovecraftian.