Paranatural General. Chapter 5 Pg 121

>like if u dotted every i with an open circle but only because u were 2 shy 2 draw hearts.

>That's the note Max was slipped at the end of gym class! But who could this person be, and what do they know?? STAY TUNED

Implying it isn't Lisa.

Other urls found in this thread:

gluegunshots.tumblr.com/post/144718691076/so-to-add-to-the-discussion-about-hijacks
twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/480506058944040960
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Implying it isn't Lisa.

As long as it's not Johnny.

From everything he saw earlier, Ollie has every reason to suspect Max's SECRET GAY ROMANCE WITH JOHNNY

Well, it's clearly a woman, considering those letters..

holy shit zack updated early this time

Is that a reflection on Spender's glasses or not? It could be either, in every frame I remember him in the highlights could easily be wherever he's looking in the frame.

>like if u dotted every i with an open circle but only because u were 2 shy 2 draw hearts.
I don't get it. Also didn't Zack mentioned we would see different take on the same scene ? This is getting confusing for my poor brain.

Shiiieeeet, it's fucking Lisa Time.

She probably doesn't actually know anything important.

I'm going to guess against that obvious clue and assume the note was left by Stephen

Why are you acting like the "who could this person be" question is an actual mystery, we can see Ollie right fucking there.

I'm glad Zack linked back to that page where a shadow slipped its fingers into Max's pants. I remembered as soon as I read his post but I didn't when I read through this page.

Are you retarded

That would be overthinking it. It's clearly the dog from earlier in the chapter. Why else would it get so much screen time?

Probably a joke. Even if it isn't, you'll live a happier life just assuming it is.

Are you? He gets a note from an anonymous person to meet him at the school store. He's at the school store and there is only an Ollie who is clearly waiting for him specifically.

he's the bouncer

>that slashed Student Council poster in the background
Hmmm.

I bet 5 Starchman star's it's the cool black kid with the Afro from the news paper who's name I can't remember.

You're boring.

Nigga you just lost like five stars Dmitri is clearly not there.

INCOMING LISA

I laughed

It's like that one story with that authoritarian government with posters everywhere that get defaced by the rebellious protagonists. I forget what it's called but you know what I'm talking about.

We saw Dimitri in the last page, you goldfish.

>implying Dimitri hasn't given Suzy the slip since we saw him one page ago
Listen, we just went through a time skip of a few minutes to get Max from the crew to the store. Remember Dimitiri is also currently monitoring Max, so he'd know the perfect time to slip away to meet with Max.

Also whoever slipped him the note did so unnoticed while Max was talking to Suzy. Dimitiri would go unnoticed while Suzy was around since they're usually together.

Finally Dimitiri clearly knows there is something up with Max and specterals in general. What other character- not counting Johnny- might know about what Max is seeing?

>inb4 it's all a red herring and the note is related to some "secret" that really isn't a secret or related to specteral shit at all.

Yeah, I would even call it a midnight release. That's surprising.

Are they still playing dodgeball?

I'm assuming Zack is speaking from the perspective of a preteen girl with that.

Clockwork Orange?

No, the other one.

Oh. I've never seen or read Clockwork Orange.

Yes of course.

A page updated early and with less than 10 pannels?
Good.

Yep

So Hijack is definitely Spender right? That's why he was nice to Isaac.

Enough

I'll take that bet because you're just giving me free stars.

But we know Dmitri is ex activity club, and as the only character who actually uses intuition and works out what's going on in this comic I'm sure Max already knows he's a spectral after that hitball game.

Every thread.

There is no way spender would be Hijacked without one of the at least two spirits he is balancing responding.

Why is Max still bugged? His activity club meeting is over.

We know it's not Johnny because Johnny would have dotted the 'I's with hearts.

Nah. He's the principal.

>Isaac's shocked face
Zack, we know. And we feel your impatience.

And it's the same shadow that gave him the doctopus...(CH5-P83)...that woud mean a no to , , and .

Nah. is right. Plus, this: [ gluegunshots.tumblr.com/post/144718691076/so-to-add-to-the-discussion-about-hijacks ]

The Hunger Games?
I remember being so hyped for the final 2 movies because of Catching Fire being so GOAT and wholesome from its source material. But then I realized that they seem to not show much the gravitas of Prim's presence in the last two movies, as if she just plopped there...what a waste of my investment.

KEK

It's fucking Lisa you guys. Zack already let slip forever ago that she runs the school store. Christ.

>Zack already let slip forever ago
On Disqus?
To be fair, I've already known that she's somehow going to be important to the big story as implied in the cast...and pic related.

Holy fuck, there is a general for this webcomic? I really need to come to Sup Forums more often, Paranatural is my fucking jam.

50% of the time the Paranatural threads become nothing but posts about what a hack Zack is.

Which he is.

I cant read it. "Back drop Lisa"?

Yep, ever since Sup Forums discovered it IIRC. The reply count kinda depends how much is happening the page though.

To clarify what is talking about, the threads used to run at good speed in the first 3 chapters. Ever since chapter 4 happened with the Ghost Train, some people just couldn't handle, among other thngs, the dragging encounter with Forge and Boss Leader....and the pushing of so many subplots in that one chapter. Also, there was an art jump that happened when Zack switched to digital instruments to draw his comic. And then this chapter, in which "HITBALL" happened.

So, yeah. Some anons are still bitter with this.

That, and I honestly think some anons can't handle it when people outside Sup Forums shit on Sup Forums. The tone of things was slightly different when Zack's only real mention of Sup Forums was making a joke about how seriously people worked at deciphering the ciphers. Not that saying things like

>if Sup Forums likes my work, I feel like I'm not walking the walking with my beliefs

Really helps. Still, anons don't react kindly to people shitting on them, oddly enough. A classic case of "yeah, WE can shit on each other and Sup Forums all the time. It's a terrible place and we're all terrible people. People just aren't allowed to do it on other sites."

Also, didn't we scare him off the one time he showed up?

He was trolled. To be fair, he was trying to have reasonable conversations. Who does that?

But Seriously, Sup Forums is not a good a place for artists to talk about their webcomic. Mary sensei said more than once that most things it's better to ignore.

I can see why people would be upset with how chapter 5 dragged on, and how the current chapter's main plot was more 'filler' than anything, but I found the webcomic all of a couple months ago and read it all up in one night, so that never really bothered me, and I kinda loved the writing and characters too much to notice.

If he actually said that quote, then I think I can understand why people would be upset. While it'd have been better to have taken it in stride like "haha yeah we're bastards but jeez these people really almost fear us for that thats fuckin' hilarious", But it is one thing to shit on a site and another thing to decry an entire group of people being interested in your work as an inherently bad thing.

Shitting on the site, and shitting on the fact we like his webcomic, I suppose the latter comes with an air of ungratefulness that I can understand a negative reaction too.

Wow, that's all he said? In that case, the whole thing that and talk about seems like a bit of an over-reaction

Nah. Then he discovered twitter.
We first suspected something was amiss when he apologized for making most of his characters white and thin.
*Then* he went and said his his objective in life was to ensure his comic was unpalatable to Sup Forums. Because Sup Forums is full of bigots. And as long as Sup Forums bigots like his comic, he's not walking the walk on his belief.
He concluded his rant by saying that he would try to enable a conversation on diversity and about bigotry against minorities.
This, apparently, consisted on making a background character non-binary only on the cast page.

Whoops, I forgot to clarify that was about the trolling thing that happened to him. What made some anons pretty salty on him as the CH4 fatigue was going around this, unrelated:
[ twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/480506058944040960 ].

I myself have absolutely no idea what he's talking about. Coming from those posts, it's probably an American identity politics thing of some sort. I'm not a Yank, so I don't know about it and neither do (should?) I care about it.

Ohhh, so THAT'S why the hoodie girl inexplicably caught tumblritis, I guess that makes sense.

But seriously, throwing bitchfits over the sort of people in your fanbase is stupid, especially about this site, it may be full of 'bigots' but its probably the most diverse place in the world when it comes to interests and ideas, there's someone here who likes or thinks anything.

It's like some weird twist of rule34, "If it exists, someone on Sup Forums is into it"

I'm not american either, but having had a tumblr for like 6 years I've seen a fair share of identity politics and all that other junk, I'm both sick to death of it enough that it annoys me to see it, and completely desensitized to it that I can ignore it in small doses, like hoodie girl being non-binary or whatever the hell it is

So, onto lighter and happier topics, what is the objectively best ship for max and why is it suzie/max?

This is an odd post. You speak of objectivity but your picture doesn't show Isaac anywhere.

>liking yandere
no, user. I don't think Max is the kind to stick his dick in crazy.

Maxabel is a best.

>a background character non-binary only on the cast page.
You mean R.J? The fella's a subordinate, a part of the Ne'er-do-Wells. Whenever Johnny gives them instructions, they'll go and do whatever that gets the story and its tensions moving forward
(re: Johnny tracking down Max and Isaac for their "mutants or something" powers).

Even with all the twitter Identity Politics, the R.J. thing always struck me as kind of joke. I mean, it could also just be true (rereading the page makes it clear it's more serious than I had first thought), but given how anonymous R.J. always was anyway, I thought it fit.

Zarei and also turned out better than a lot people feared. A diverse cast isn't in principle a bad thing, especially when it's with an artist who so obviously enjoys quirky designs as Zack. Even diversity for it's own sake isn't the problem. The problem is being unable to mesh then in with the overall tone of the story, leaving them bland characters nothing of interesting substance happens to. So far, we've gotten a number of blind jokes with the fat black blind woman and Zarei got a whole scene being tsundere with her spirits, in over her head, and living in her parent's basement.

The real complaint continues to be pacing problems. And Zack's inability to keep a schedule, for good reasons or not.

I don't know what you're talking about user, this is the sexualising underage males general.

we are not fags, and we are not pedophiles.

Stop sexualizing kids, user.
Cut your hair. Get a job. Be better.

>Sup Forums
>sexualising underage characters

I think people just get upset because we used to get on pretty well then he started interacting with a bad crowd and now he doesn't want to know we exist any more.

More seriously though, I think a lot of anons don't care that he doesn't like us -we just don't want it to effect the comic and since he has specifically tweeted that he needs to change the comic to make it unpalatable to Sup Forums it got us a trifle upset. Especially since Sup Forums is this mystery shadowy figure to him and his predictions of things we'd dislike seems to be a little off. (Unless updating extremely slowly and missing updates with enough regularity that it's a running joke when he gets a streak of updates is part of his plan to put us off.)

Particularly amusing since the rest of the site seems to consider our hivemind far too left.

Maxabel is the only straight ship for max.

Imax for gay unless Cody because Cody is the school bicycle.

I just don't like the idea that the author even considers us, I prefer my webcomics created in a vacuum to avoid pandering of any kind.

>A strange seventh grader what runs the School Store. Knows all the goings-on at school.

LITERALLY THE WRITE UP FOR LISA ON THE CAST PAGE

Any backers here still wanna help record / transcribe the Patreon stream?

It's supposed to be at 3pm (New York time), if the tweets are to be believed.

Why would we give $10 to someone who draws a couple of pages a month?

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on who you are), that will never be a thing in this day and age. Especially for a webcomic.

Can we get that in a readable size, please?

Alright, I confess. I was really bitter over this bit of trivia that got leaked.

You know what, that brings up a question that I should've asked when I first posted this...is putting character details based on headcanons even OK? Just curiously asking.

I mean, I'm not bitter on how did Zack change Isaac's age. Rather, I'm more bitter that all these recent interesting information regarding PNAT is beyond my reach just because I don't have a disposable income + decent exchange rate, hence can't pay to see his streams.

What this shit needs is a good wiki, maintained by Zack himself and/or patreon backers, who can give us that information after the fact. The trivia shouldn't be exclusive to the streams, the streams themselves are supposed to be the exclusive incentive for backing. The trivia should be opensource to readers

I love Suzy-Max but honestly it's becoming hard to see how they would stop being enemies in the future, unless she blackmails him into being her date to the school dance or something.

>enemies
sincerely? they look like good friends, or at least looks like they know each other very well. Even on this page they are casually discussing things. Max is like, in his 5th day of school. The only other person he talk that much with is Isaac. It's like they know each other for a long time.

The only reason this ship doesn't work is because she would go full yandere

That said, the only ship that we can be sure of it's existence for now is maxabel. All others just won't happen, at least not with what we have now.

>Implying Suzie wouldn't go full dandere when romantic feelings are returned

I could see her being obsessive, if a bit spaghetti-spilling, when she's got a crush on someone, but as soon as that someone returns those feelings she'd probably freeze up and get all awkward that the prospect of it.It'd be cute as hell

I do think changing something for someones headcanon is the first step down a slippery slope.

Well, it begins. Hello, unobtainable behind-the-scenes stuff.

>when romantic feelings are returned
>when
let's be realistic. Max would never return those feelings, and she would look like a crazy bitch trying to get on his pants.

Suzy never told him to take it off

Max is operating on a whole different level to the rest of school, he'll be able to take his pick when he feels like it.

So basically he would return those feelings only to have a spare fuck if he needs.

>we are not fags
That's just not true
>and we are not pedophiles.
That's right. The respectable of us are lolicons. There are a bunch hear that are shotacons though and they should be disregarded.

Welcome to like three years ago. Enjoy your stay.

I miss the days when every new update had a body pillow edit. I can't believe we started reading before Max even had his first day, I quit Sup Forums and came back since then.

It was a good time. I wonder if the original artist of that is still around.

>everyone laughed when that image was posted
>now an user is using it unironically

I wonder if Zack even still speaks to them.

>The respectable of us are lolicons. There are a bunch hear that are shotacons
stop running from the truth. You like that body shape; you like kids. You're a pedophile.

what matters is the message, not how it came to be.

The original poster must be shedding a single tear of pride.

We're not going to have this stupid argument with you. You should just leave. I know you came here from tumblr so go back to talking about it there.

Keep denying it.

It won't help make you better.

>we're
implying all of us are degenerates like you. it's like you think this is even your place anymore
fuck off

>Sup Forums hating on loli/shotacon

The fuck happened to this site, man?

No wonder they call us 'Sup Forumsblr', this pussy shit and the inability to distinguish between fiction and reality is just stupid

He did become friendly with the body pillow artist, apparently.