What did the writers mean by this scene?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Rcc7xgD2dM
express.co.uk/news/world/636565/EU-migrant-crisis-European-Union-collapse-refugees-Merkel-Germany-George-Soros
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

See, Red Skull is the good guy and Steve Rogers is the bad guy.

It's like pottery.

Anybody who questions or wants to reform EU immigration policy is a NAZI

refugees are good, goy
not for Israel through

Except that all good little social justice warriors support the boycott, divest and sanction movement, too.

They're saying you're a literal nazi if you don't want rapists and murders flooding into your country.

This page makes me sick. To me, it's just as bad as the Captain America page.

Any dumb fuck thinking Red Skull is in the right and this is a heel turn, it's not. It's literally Spencer setting Red Skull as a Trump caricature. He'll be shit on and made a mustache twirling villain by the end of this and Spencer will literally shout from the pages "fuck you."
See only Sup Forums neckbeards who pretend to be alt right will sympathize with a fucking Nazi and this is a perfect storyline to mock those cuckholds.

That the Red Skull is really good a using hollow rhetoric to incite disposable people to violence in order to further his goals of world domination.

The reason people like the Nazis get popular support is because what they say seems to makes sense.

Red Skull is 100% correct though.

Luckily we have Cap's awesome rhetorical skills to dismantle Red Skull's logic.

LA LA LA I'm not listening to you
really?

"GIVE US MONEY AND CLICKS YOU EASILY OUTRAGED SHEEP"

>Red Skull

>Former global threat level super-villain

>Now giving speeches to disaffected american voters in somebody's basement

Holy fuck this sad.

user, it didn't even take "until the end of this" for that to happen.

Hawkeye's favorite.

If it sounds like a duck, looks like a duck, steps like a goose, it's probably a nazi duck.

so much for "without its ideal the flag is a piece of cloth"

I think equating people with an anti-immigration stance to Nazis is a dangerous thing, especially if it gets people who have that stance to, y'know, actually start thinking about whether being a Nazi is such a bad thing in that case. Same deal with equating Trump with Hitler despite having not actually killed anyone or diluting the meaning of the Holocaust through overuse of the term.

I mean, you start calling people Nazis enough times they might just start to accept it. Especially since we keep lowering the bar for what constitutes being a Nazi.

That's exactly what I'm worried about.

>Perfectly reasonable opinions are now being spouted by ACTUAL NAZIS

This is both hilarious and terrifying at the same time.

Sounds like something a secret Nazi would say

I happen to know exactly what he meant, because he said so himself

>>SPENCER: I didn’t want the Red Skull to just do a saber-rattling “Hydra’s going to crush everyone and rule the world” kind of speech, because that probably is not going to fill the basement of some truckstop bar with guys who feel like they’ve been kicked around their whole lives and feel like they’re losing their way. So I looked around in the real world at what’s driving recruitment into these kinds of groups, what in the real world is motivating the guys in that basement. The Skull has a long history of co-opting various movements, and this one is really just tailor-made for him.

I'm struggling to see how this actually works. What ideological motivation is there for some (what I assume is a ) poor white southerner to kill themselves in a suicide bombing? Islam as a doctrine at least supports that kind of tactic in that it promises reward for martyrdom, but if you make the reasonable assumption that the guy is Christian, doesn't Christianity stay you'll go to hell for committing suicide?

>You either already completely agree with all of my opinions, or you're literally Hitler
The left everybody

(You either already agree with all of my opinions, or you're literally Mao - the right) - just to be fair

>white, non-islamic suicide bombing

Hahahahaha

>They took our jobs!
>DEY TOOK ER JERBS!
>Those damn muslims are trying to destroy our society and raping our womenfolk!
>YEAH!
>Bankers are bleeding us dry!
>YEAH!
>Which is why we need to blow up trains and kill lots of Americans! Put on these suicide vests.
>YE-wait what?

I feel like Spencer kind of missed a few steps when it came to selling the idea that this was a plausible chain of events.

>Mao

Stalin is more well known, and from the same time period as Hitler.

To be fair, it is true that membership in right-wing militias in America and extremist groups in Europe has gone way up. It's just that so far they've mostly been limited to hate crimes and sometimes attacking government buildings.

It's the lengths you have to go to try and compare nationalists to Muslims. Apples and oranges.

it doesn't work
it's just a lefty wet dream that their ideological opposites are as bad as the worst perceived people in the world, terrorists

O-Oy vey!

So is Hydra Cap gonna be killing muslims in issue #2?

The "worst" I've heard them doing that seemed in any way organized was that Oregon militia "takeover", which just made them look like a laughingstock. Get back to me when they're gunning down entire offices full of cartoonists for poking fun at Jesus / Christianity.

Because this was a kid who had no purpose in life or direction whatsoever. He literally had nothing else to live for. Islamic terrorists don't have a monopoly on people willing to die for their cause, they're just the most prominent and the only ones desperate enough to use something as inefficient as suicide bombings (most groups would rather keep their members alive).

Red Pilled Skull

The problem is justifying it to the rest of the membership as a sane thing to do in such an organized fashion (as it is implied in the last panel that this is apparently just a thing they're all doing now), especially in the context of these people being recruited based on their opposition to Islamic aggression / Muslim immigration.

He who fights monsters etc, etc,
I think it was a plot that seemed a lot more clever and subversive in the authors head.

Because Christians clearly do not have a tradition of venerating martyrs and consider their own martyrs to be suicides.

>I think it was a plot that seemed a lot more clever and subversive in the authors head.

Well, it is Spencer we're talking about.

But these people aren't being driven by christianity, the logic is literally "Fuck violent, extremists, lets suicide bomb!" there's clearly a middle step missing.

>DEY TOOK UR JERBS
Yeah, they did, not just farming, but construction, machining, and other low eduction required jobs that many Americans used to build decent lives around. They are also taking middle class white collar IT jobs which if not directly out sources to India, workers are being brought over through H1B visas. Illegal immigration and work visas directly take jobs from Americans, and lower the wages of the Americans whose jobs they don't take.

>Muslims want to destroy our society and rape our women.
A central the of Islam is the global caliphate. Some Muslims believe that once the entire world is 100% Muslim, there will be world peace. Muhammad himself preached this and used it as a reason to invade and conquer territory. Imams today talk about breeding out Europeans in their home countries creating a Muslim population majority in a few generations. Every country with a Muslim population majority is a shit hole. Non-muslim women are viewed as whores by Islamic law. Rape of non-muslim women is allowed. Not all Muslims think this way, but a large percentage of Muslims, in the countries refugees are originating from do, according to pew research.

>Bankers are bleeding us dry
Income inequality between the top 1% and the rest of us continues to grow while real working wages continue to lose value, especially with the push for a $15 minimum wage and as above, wage competition from illegal immigrants and H1B visas.

Does having these opinions mean I want to kill all Muslims and Mexicans and Jews? No, but if my choices for immigration policies are NO BORDERS or BUILD A WALL, all or none, I chose none, as I believe it to be better for the country in general.

After the end of the cold war, the right became a lot more shill. It's still amoral as fuck but shill. The left is run by turboautists though

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With odd old ends stol'n out of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.

They're not "taking" jobs, user. They're being given those jobs. Ultimately the fault does not begin and end at the immigrants (illegal or otherwise) and foreigners, it is rooted in the corporations and the government. Attack the cause, don't just treat the symptoms.

I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that the same guy that wrote Superior Foes of Spider-Man made this dreck.

>the writers
you really couldn't even look up the name of the guy who wrote the issue?

You do realize that choosing none is not an option right?

I bet this shitty arc will eventually win an award. Most award judges are radical leftists and they love hamfisted allegories.

I bet this shitty arc will be forgotten about by this time next year.

You end up getting more support, in general for things like limiting immigration and rallying against trade deals like TTIP than for things that would help against mega corporations because most people don't understand them. Let's limit CEO salaries doesn't get as much support or help the average person as much as limiting immigration. And, politicians being what they are will always go for the lowest common denominator. The thing about Trump, and Bernie, is that you can believe they aren't owned, and while both want to limit H1B visas, Bernie is for illegal immigrant amnesty, is hypocritical, honestly.

i wonder how they would feel about immigration in europe when living for example in greece
i mean, how many refugees did the USA take?

The thing is, it's not an either/or scenario. It is far more effective to both deport millions of illegals while ALSO removing the incentives that cause illegal immigration (by harshly cracking down on flagrantly illegal shit like Sanctuary Cities and any business/corporation found employing illegals). It doesn't matter how tall Trump's wall is, he needs to also make living here illegally so fucking miserable and downright impossible that those who aren't rounded up and deported wind up self-deporting due to their inability to thrive here.

A martyr is way different from someone that comit suicide. Martyrdon isn't deliberate, you don't put yourself into martydon for the cause, shit just happens.

Right-wing militias in America keep to themselves though. They're batshit crazy, don't get me wrong, but the whole point of a majority of them is that they want the government to leave them alone

"people who's political views I don't share are LITERALLY THE RED SKULL, the one guy more nazi than Hitler"

And I say this as someone who shares Spencer's views. It's not fucking classy.

That is true, in fact noone, bothers with them until their position becomes, "We want to be left alone and refuse to pay taxes" then the government gets involved and of course "Right wing nutters face off with Government" is a much better headline then "Aggressive tax audit."

The most effective thing we can actually do is revisit monopoly laws and lower the bar to something being called a monopoly to what is an "effective" monopoly. When 6 corporations own 90% of all media in america, yes they are competing with each other, but does that foster competition from smaller companies? When you have more companies in competition with each other, no matter what the sector, it creates more jobs, helps both the consumer and the employee. But hey, that's >>Sup Forums talk. My main point people can have these and not be fucking nazis.

Ironically, it was Sup Forums darling, Ronald Reagan, the one who abolished the anti-trust laws and allowed the 6 corporations the own the 90% of the media.

This is the "we don't actually have an argument so let's just have Red Skull say it so it automatically becomes wrong" ploy.

The suicide bombings were mostly islamic terrorists being fucking idiots. Suicide bombs are super inefficient and unreliable, they require skilled technicians to put together so they work correctly and like max you get ten to twenty people.

Some asshole with an AK-47 can kill twice that number and actually get away to fight again.

Is Ronald Reagan a Sup Forums darling? I thought he was a cuckservative idol.

They clearly do have an argument. That doesn't stop Spencer from using Skull as Strawman Supreme though

Aren't SJWs pro-Palestine?

This makes me want a storyline where Red Skull just travels the world inciting various extremist groups while only slightly changing his disguise each time.

How come nobody has commented on Spencer's actual words here?

>Some asshole with an AK-47 can kill twice that number and actually get away to fight again.
Exactly, that's why most terrorist groups don't use them even though they could probably find people crazy enough to be willing to do it.
Last time any actual government used it as a military tactic was Imperial Japan with the Kamikaze pilots, and they weren't that effective, plus they ran out of pilots quickly.

Because it doesn't change anything

Yes.

I mean, it seems only logical that an ideological group that spends so much time defending Muslims would eventually turn against Israel.

Nationalism and racism are not the same thing. I will not feel bad for loving where I live.

The far left has hated Israel for decades, that isn't a new thing.

You're right, they're not the same thing, it's only when nationalism is taking to extremes that they start to intersect. There's nothing wrong with being proud of one's country.

The best way to manipulate someone towards an ulterior motive is to sprinkle in issues that people should legitimately be concerned about then offer a solution that seems like it might help on the surface, but really just fulfills the goals of the manipulator.

I just don't understand why Sup Forums is so vehemently anti-Israel when the opposing side is Palestine. As much as Israel gets accused of being bullies and war crimes, Palestine and Hamas are worse. These are the people that literally use citizens as human shields whenever possible to make Israel look worse and get more sympathy. Hate the jews as much as you want, but terrorists are by far the greater evil here.

>Nationalism always ledas to facism
I wonder who wrote this comic

youtube.com/watch?v=_Rcc7xgD2dM

They just hate jews more than they hate muslims

Only idiots actually think all Jews are out to destroy the white man, and hate Israel, and deny the holocaust.

Intelligent people realize that some highly influence people seem to want unlimited migration of Muslims into Europe to provide a cheap workforce for their corporations, and some very powerful media corporations are trying to generate propaganda to further that ideal. The owners of those companies just happen to be Jewish, like George Soros.
express.co.uk/news/world/636565/EU-migrant-crisis-European-Union-collapse-refugees-Merkel-Germany-George-Soros

"The Hungarian financier, who is one of the world's 30 richest men, predicted that the EU will not survive much longer unless the German people accept their "responsibility" to take in unlimited numbers of migrants from the Middle East. "

Kek, i knew when i got on today this Sup Forums recruiting thread would be here.

It's not like they have to put any effort into it, Marvel is doing all the work themselves at this point.

>I just don't understand why Sup Forums is so vehemently anti-Israel when the opposing side is Palestine.

They don't support Palestine either. In fact, there are many people on Sup Forums that believe Israel as a state should be able to exist. For them, the problem lies in Israel's disproportionate influence abroad. And obviously there's still some Jew hatred in there.

Sup Forums board was made for a REASON YOU IDIOTS

GO POST THERE

Just because one side is worse doesn't mean the otherside isn't super shitty

Marvel newfag here

How come Red Skull is still a threat in the modern world? If he's so hated by everybody, why doesn't someone just kill him? Is there an in-universe explanation why some pissed super-vigilante hasn't destroyed him, or is he`just too popular with readers to be killed off like Joker?

So Israel is SJWs and Palestine is Sup Forums?

Why doesn't Captain America just rape the Red Skull?

I don't have a strong knowledge of it, but I believe it's a combination of the joker effect and that he often either operates in the background or is preaching directly to people for whom his Nazi ties are more of a plus than a minus.

Also unlike the Joker the Red Skull has ties to the still functional Hydra.

He has Professor Xavier's powers right now

Basically Spencer is pretending to be a SJW to cuck at a later issue.

Also, who /WallyWest/ here? Our boy is home niggas

>hate the GOP
>fetishize Islam
>hate the GOP because it has beef with Islam
>accuse the GOP of the flaws of Islam
BRAVO SPENCER!

I would be surprised if the next issue doesn't have a scene like this with him preying on people who have a different political opinion. The point of this is clearly Red Skull just being manipulative.

Sup Forums hates Regan dude

unironically there is no monopoly in the media. anyone can have a blog. news is everywhere. its your own fault if you're too lazy to seek it out

Sup Forums isn't one person.
You have the super orthodox authoritarians (literal naziboos) who want to religiously punish all sorts of deviance or "degeneracy". These guys hate the jews for promoting "degeneracy" by being super successful and influential liberals. They believe all sorts of conspiracies. These guys can see themselves allying with Muslims because they love the totalitarian rule of killing gays and threatening women. There's also have an caps and libertarians who just want the govt to fuck off. These guys don't really have beef with the jews. These guys have mixed feelings about Muslims, overwhelmingly "fuck mudslimes" because Islam is antithetical to freedom.

This guy here knows.

Red Skull is a power hungry sociopath who cares only for himself.