Remember when Tony was working for Kang ALL ALONG?

Remember when Tony was working for Kang ALL ALONG?

Are you telling me that we're going to get Teen Steve and then this whole event will never be mentioned again?

Yes, you're going to get the Steve from the Avengers Academy game.

Or those three times Cap quit being Captain America

Or that time he became a Werewolf?

Or that time he became crippled or something and had to start using a suit of armor?

You know, it HAS been a while since Immortus made a mess about something,...

Remember when Cap was on drugs and was fighting imaginary enemies?

We already got Teen Steve, in the Cap Bloodstone arc.

Acted like a Chicken and ate the Kingpin's food while Fisk glared at him, good times

remember the time Kang completely destroyed Washington DC just to prove he could, and then about a month later the Red Skullerina's mech armies attacked and caused huge amounts of damage to Washington DC just because they could, while the whole of Paris had been turned to stone and everybody was like "this can't go on" and Thor pretty much said the same issue to Odin "we can wish it all better just like that bro" and Odin was like "don't be retarded" and then six issues later he wished it all better because he could?

remember that time Sharon Carter murdered Steve Rogers because she'd been programmed by Doctor Faustus but everybody thought Crossbones had done it for months even though she was surrounded by more fucking cameras than a Kardashian butthole, and then it turned out she hadn't murdered him but she'd shot him with a time bullet because the Red Skull - who isn't the original Red Skull but one of many sleepers or clones or who even the fuck knows with that guy - wanted to take over Rogers' body and needed to send his mind back in time to do it, even though it's not even Rogers' original body, it's a clone of his body that the or a Red Skull made years ago and Rogers' mind was transferred into?

remember all those times James Rhodes was literally killed or crippled and he got a new body?

remember that time Gwen Stacey died and then the Jackal brought her back and there were like five Gwens Stacey running around and some of them still are but every time Spider-Man meets one he hasn't met before he's like whooaaaaa is it possible Gwen is still alive?

we already got Progeria Steve too, didn't stop them doing that again

remember when the Joker was a personification of chaos and there was only one of him?

>remember that time Gwen Stacey died and then the Jackal brought her back and there were like five Gwens Stacey running around and some of them still are but every time Spider-Man meets one he hasn't met before he's like whooaaaaa is it possible Gwen is still alive?

Remember that time it was revealed teen Gwen had slept with Norman Osborn and had twins and those wins where shipped off to Europe never to be seen again?

no, that sounds like fun. Which issues?

>Joker was a fursonication of chaos and there was only one of him?

Cap has been a werewolf more than just one time.

Of course I do, he killed my childhood comic crush.

>J. Michael Straczynski ultimately wished to retcon the characters out of existence using the events of the "One More Day" story arc, but was not permitted to do so.

And then they just totally forgave him.
Or that time Tony started a Civil War and then they just totally forgave him?
Or that time he turned evil and got an iPod Symbiote suit and then they just totally forgave him?
It happens a lot.

Captain America #372-378

Well to be fair, he did sacrifice himself to stop Kang.

And yet no one has ever bothered to use that plotline, meaning they're as good as retconned

I'm sorry, user. I know that feel all too well.

Or that time Hickman's Avengers run and it ended with Tony and Steve beating the shit out of each other as the world ended but now they're still friends and no one seem to fucking mention any of it

>captain america being a werewolf

explain this

What's to explain?

context
consequences
conjecture

>That time Cap died and people in the media, specifically right wing types, where complaining that Captain America shouldn't die in times of war

>That time Batman died and no one in the media gave two shits

I am seriously starting to think that Marvel pays off media types to feign faux outrage in order to generate more sales

You do realize that when Batman died they revealed he was alive next issue, right? Besides, no one gave a shit about Cap back then while Batman was huge (TDK had just came out), so of course no thought it would stick

and got replaced by an alt. younger self
then Heroes Reborn did the only good thing and retconed/ignored all that
then Busiek half ignored/half tried to explain both

it was also a time where Marvel did shit without a resolution because making shit as they went was more ''exciting''
you better bet your ass Brevoort forced Spencer to work out how Captain Hydra was ending before even coming up with it

Works for me. The Avengers Academy game has better writing than most modern comics.

Actually, Gabriel Stacy showed up in the Dark Reign: American Son arc.

No.

>context
Deadly Nightshade used a werewolf serum to turn him into a werewolf in hopes that him giving into his animal side would let her control him, but then Steve managed to regain control and turn back after a while.

>consequences
Dog breath for a couple weeks and a constant craving for meat.

>conjecture
Werewolf Cap was best Cap.

>Or that time Tony started a Civil War and then they just totally forgave him?
formatted his brain, used a backup
last time he updated the backup was before Civil War
reading the issue i thought it's cheap drama but it will be interesting seeing everyone mad at Toy and he being guilt-trip over it
2 pages later after the backup update oh shit i did all this? lol i feel bad about it... oh whatever

Pic related.

I'd take avengers academy cap over wolf cap personally. But on a related note they really need a wolf cap outfit for him.

captain america should still be a werewolf and spider-man should still have 6 arms

it was better

It wasn't Kang. It was Immortus pretending to be Kang, although Immortus is actually Kang when he's older. So it was old Kang pretending to be young Kang.

It was better.
Captain FalconWolf was the only good part of the current run, too.

>remember the time Kang completely destroyed Washington DC just to prove he could
It really bothers me that the events of Kang Dynasty are never brought up even though they should have had major effects on the entire world.
Plus, the moment anyone proposed Registration, the Avengers just have to pull the "we saved you from Kang" card.

>remember that time Sharon Carter murdered Steve Rogers because she'd been programmed by Doctor Faustus but everybody thought Crossbones had done it for months even though she was surrounded by more fucking cameras than a Kardashian butthole, and then it turned out she hadn't murdered him but she'd shot him with a time bullet because the Red Skull - who isn't the original Red Skull but one of many sleepers or clones or who even the fuck knows with that guy - wanted to take over Rogers' body and needed to send his mind back in time to do it, even though it's not even Rogers' original body, it's a clone of his body that the or a Red Skull made years ago and Rogers' mind was transferred into?
No, it was the original Red Skull, his mind was just taking over the body of some other guy.
The clone Skull was the guy that Reminder used, and he's got Xavier's mind powers because he scooped his brain out from his corpse.

He was going to retcon everything! Not just marriage - Stern's run, any chance for DeFalco's fanfic, all good arcs Norman had since his return. People give Quesada a lot of shit (and he deserves big portion of it), but not going on with JMS after he went full retard wasn't one of these things.

It wasn't the original Red Skull, he died of old age way back in the 80s. Arnim Zola then transfered his brain patterns into a clone of Steve Rogers, and then that conciousness was transfered into a Russian guy with the Cosmic Cube. When that Russian guy died, his conciousness went to a robot body, then to Steve's real body, then back to a robot body, and then he got blown up for good.
And then Remender created yet another clone, who for some reason only has WWII memories.

COMICS!

I think Remender said that the clone was made back in WWII.

What ended up being more of a wet fart in terms of payoff? Hickman's Avengers, Hickman's New Avengers, or Hickman's Secret Wars?

My vote's for Secret Wars.

At least with Secret Wars we got some good mini-series.

people say the same thing for Convergence

SIX ISSUES of a drug-fueled rampage? oh boy

It's all the same damn story.

And the payoff is a wet fart all around.

About four issues of cocaine Cap, about an issue of Diamondback not knowing that Widow isn't evil anymore and about two issues of Gruenwald's standart 'Cap can be hero without a serum!' Also, asking Hank Pym to fix things. I'm still waiting for this one to result in blood cocaine Ultron.

I have no idea. Every time I tried having a civil conversation about it in the relevant threads, the Hickfans went apeshit about how it was all going to pay off and if I didn't like it I was a retard for reading it; but they were also mad at the idea of anybody not reading it having any idea of what was going on.

In the end it was so boring I just gave up because I knew it wouldn't matter long-term or ever get made into a movie, Hickman was fired, and it just doesn't matter how it turned out. It's about as vital to the Marvel U as US War Machine 2.0.

Probably have to wait till a Halloween mission for that.

I don't know. To me they weren't. They were rushed out. Where as the sw minis had more time and issues to flesh out their stories.