Why is it not written in The Bible that humanity will invent smartphones that connect to satellites and display an...

Why is it not written in The Bible that humanity will invent smartphones that connect to satellites and display an accurate map for you to travel Earth comfortably while hunting for monsters in a virtual environment?

Isn't God supposed to know everything? Why leave such an interesting peace of information out?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sa0EtdtPi8w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because it was written thousands of years ago by a bunch of mudhut dwelling shitskins who didn't even know the Earth was round. The sooner Sup Forums can swallow this redpill, the better. Stop worshipping the desert god. The only reason you do is because your ancestors got cucked out and were forced to converft by the sword.

2 Timothy 3:

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Maybe because the bible is literally a bunch of old hebrew tales poorly translated and clumsily put together so that the many pagans in the roman empire had something in common

Sorry but I don't see any part here that mentions smartphones or satellites or virtual monsters.

Then you're a retard.

>Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Satellite and Smartphones are an imitation of omniscience, which is to be all-knowing. It is a form of godliness to know what is going on all around the world at all times.

>For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

Literally a description of tumblr.

>Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Literally a description of you.

because if he told us every single interesting thing that was going to happen it would have been impossible for us to write it all down or memorize it. instead he just gave us some ground rules for how to behave so that we may live good lives, and left the rest for us to discover on our own.

are you really using the absence of pokemon go from scripture as a theological argument? i feel like this has to be a cynical and entirely disingenuous post because theres no way you think that is reasonable.

ITT: neckbeards aim their angst of being faggots out on God, and then say he doesn't exist

>Literally a description of you.

Wrecked.

So basically there's nothing to sugest that the many hands that wrote the bible were enlightened beyond the ideas of their time and context.
I wonder why

>Satellite and Smartphones are an imitation of omniscience, which is to be all-knowing. It is a form of godliness to know what is going on all around the world at all times
But you're doing it, too. That makes you a hypocrite.

Also, still not seeing the part with virtual monsters.

because the kikes thought of this, and learned that we will find out that the earth is flat

I'm not even religious but people have to realize that "modern" times won't last forever, and we're probably living in an insignificant blip of time before the collapse of society. We have no idea whether or not creatures of our technological level or beyond have inhabited earth on the past due to the subduction of the earth's crust.

Yes. This user speak the truth.

Moloch is the only and one true god.

GG

>Why is it not written in The Bible that humanity will invent smartphones that connect to satellites and display an accurate map for you to travel Earth comfortably while hunting for monsters in a virtual environment?

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SHIT?

FUCK YOUR ANCIENT TALKING BOARDS AND MAPSTICKS.

BTFO

Probably because trying to explain what radio waves are and how they work would have been like trying to explain to a horse why you put shoes on its feet.

If you think hypocrisy of an action makes someone wrong about that action then that's why you'll never come to the knowledge of the truth.

>still not seeing the part with virtual monsters.

I love how it's not enough for you to move the goal posts, you have to create an entirely new goalpost three miles away from the field and pretend like the game's not over until the other team runs a marathon to kick the ball into it.

Why does every religion claim their god is the correct one?

/thread

I can see that you're intelligent but I can also see that you're religious which confuses the hell out of me, frankly.

>Probably because trying to explain what radio waves are and how they work would have been like trying to explain to a horse why you put shoes on its feet.

What about simple hygienic habits or the fact that the earth is spherical?
Is that also a concept to novel for the minds of the people in hcarge of spreading the would be most important info in humanity

that does not make any sense.

Why is there nothing in the bible about how to store dangerous chemicals?

Why is there nothing about double blind scientific studies?

you already are grasping for straws in your collection on nearly random thoughts.

There is literally nothing in there that is relevant to this day. That is why atheism is on the rise.

The lawbook for a society, and its details are much more thourough in telling us how to behave and what to do with all the laws surrounding production, logistics, transportation and more.

I don't even know man. A Swede told me that I'm a "demon doing Satan's work" last night because I told him Lucifer and Satan are two different theological concepts. Closest label I can even put on what I am is a Deist.

>What about simple hygienic habits

The Old Testament has a lot of passages about hygiene, albeit in relation to living as a savage tribal Jew several thousand years ago. In the New Testament it wasn't particularly that important to teach these things since a lot of it takes place in Roman controlled lands with aquifers and bath-houses.

>or the fact that the earth is spherical?

It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

More like you're grasping for straws. The Bible isn't a compendium of all knowledge. Do you really fucking think human beings 2000 years ago would have done anything even remotely responsible with dangerous chemicals or advanced physics? Fuck dude, people today can barely handle the responsibility of technology.

>lawbooks are sufficient to tell us how to live, for example, transportation, logistics, etc

are you a robot? are you autistic? there is a huge amount of information that is missing from legal code because that is something entirely different from what religious scripture sets out to provide us. morality is the source of law, law is not the source of morality. and legal guidelines for how to safely dispose of used batteries don't inform us spiritually in any way.

Shitty maymay no read!

/thread

Ah, point three makes this video so much more clear. youtube.com/watch?v=Sa0EtdtPi8w

are you a faggot? Are you a dumbass? There is a huge amount of infromation missing from the bible to anything relevant in todays life.

thats the point, the bible was not magical, it was written in a very limited, and era like style. If it was truly godlike there would be specific mentions to our troubles today.

But today we have science, statistical analysis, MRI machines and much much more that we use to tell what is good and what is not.

Nearly 99% of the modern world requires no bible anymore.

>comfortably
you fundamentally misunderstand the point

wtf i'm shoving a banana up my ass now?

Ireland converted voluntarily

Leviticus 28:1

>Bloodletting doesn't work btw

>a lot of passages about hygiene, albeit in relation to living as a savage tribal Jew several thousand years ago
So the bible describes the hygienic standard of the tribe that wrote most of it. It's not an impressive god if he can't even improve upon savage jewish tribal peoples

>It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth

Uhm a circle is not a sphere, maybe god is a bidimensional being?

>current year
>not heeding the words of Woden the high one

The only solid advice provided by the ancients is found in Hávamál.

The bible was written by men

Woden is some sort of anglo odin right?

>thats the point, the bible was not magical, it was written in a very limited, and era like style. If it was truly godlike there would be specific mentions to our troubles today.

I think maybe you're confusing Godly with Godlike, but I guess that's irrelevant to this discussion. The Bible is a book filled with ancient knowledge written by wise men. Men wise enough to be able to predict aspects of the far future. It provides us with the views and ideas of antiquity and it is these views and ideas that can give us a solid foundation upon which to guide our experience of contemporary times.

Science and Statistical Analysis are not belief systems, they are a means by which understanding is achieved through gathering information and drawing conclusions. Both are inherently rendered pointless when any form of dogma or bias are involved, which is why they are not reliable methods of constructing ourselves as wise, knowledgeable, and ethical beings.

>MRI machines and much much more that we use to tell what is good and what is not.

MRI machines don't tell you what is good. MRI machines a means by which human beings can perceive things that their eyes can not. This ties in to the above paragraph. Cold hard results are useless without the wisdom to interpret them within a greater context.

>Nearly 99% of the modern world requires no bible anymore.

Nearly 99% of cars don't require airbags.

>So the bible describes the hygienic standard of the tribe that wrote most of it. It's not an impressive god if he can't even improve upon savage jewish tribal peoples

You've heard of "kosher" right? Kosher are a series of hygeinic standards for food established by the Jewish clergy. Go ahead and google "Bible and Hygiene." Most of it is pretty standard: If you need to take a shit go dig a hole and cover it up when you're done.

Hygiene is largely a cultural practice.

>maybe god is a bidimensional being?

3DPD

Holy Moses bro!! That's in the Bible?
Forgive me my ignorance, I'm oblivious to what's in that book -- not theistic at all, but sometimes I wonder if the bible does contain some truth when I read little quotes like these.

underrated Ivan. #BananaMissle.

Because it isn't suppose to predict the future.

Why on earth would that be in the Bible?? The bible isn't meant to be a big history book from day 1 to the End. There's literally no reason that the Bible would bring that up, nor is there a reason that God would have revealed that info to the men who wrote it.

OP got wrecked

Good job user

He revealed it to Daniel and Ezekiel.

Good night noble anons.
God bless.

He revealed iPhones and such to the Prophets?

waw, sixth letter of the hebrew alphabet can be used as u, v or w.

waw = 6

666= waw waw waw

waw waw waw = www

You're welcome

They saw birds in the sky and spinning things that carry people. Planes and helicopters.

>If it was truly godlike there would be specific mentions to our troubles today.
Every day, it is proven in a new way how pride is the mother of all sin. Something being godlike or not depends on whether or not it talks about you.

> that we use to tell what is good and what is not.
Good goy

I'm currently reading the ESV Study Bible and am impressed by how well it explains things for modern understanding. I would say that my beliefs align closely with deism/pantheism as well.

People are so quick to dismiss the Bible when they either haven't even read it or read it at face value. Pretty much all of the passages are allegories made to teach a higher understanding.

People also forget that the Word of God transcends human language, coupled with the fact that it's been translated so many times things are bound to have been lost and require deeper searching.

Literally nothing of that fits, you're retarded.

sad irish monk greentext.doc

I'm sure you already know this, but Sup Forums is a long way beneath you.

I can remember at least a couple of times when it's taken me half an hour to explain to my closest friends (intelligent people, all of them) why the Bible is such a hugely valuable document, why we all ought to know and respect what's written in it, and why it's not in any way mutually exclusive with science or academic study - let alone encouraging any of them to actually follow anything it ask people to do.

Arguing about it with spastic teenagers on Sup Forums must be like scrubbing your nutsack with a cheese grater.

You're doing God's work, user, literally.

It's written by people trying to understand the true word of God and explain it to the masses of people in the era it was published.

To describe the concept of an internet capable computer that can fit in your pocket when most people didn't have pockets would be next to impossible.

And you are fucking retarded to expect that... So, like now, we have to explain the entire idea in a way that your ignorant mind will comprehend... With scripture that explains how the people behave, rather than the equipment they use.

Fuck you're stupid.

because it is a moral guide not a guide to mammon.
He didn't say much about airplanes or graphic pencils or matches or the other 1000000 things invented either because it would dilute the book.
Morels don't change with technology son

>people are going to be dicks

Wow how could they have known amazing so true the wonders never cease

>Why leave such an interesting peace of information out?

Its not that interesting in the grand scheme of things, and I'm not even religious

>you're a retard for not making the exact same logic leaps I did

Why does every religion aside from a few have similar overriding themes? How many ancient cultures talk about the flood?

The reason for this is simply human ignorance and tribalism. But the truth of the matter, when you compare them, they share a lot of shit and that's not something that can be ignored or written off, unless you are some kind of an idiot... Which you are.

> Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
> Literally a description of you.

you just made slovenian sausage out of that slav

The Bible does contain knowledge of hygiene, actually. Along with birth control methods. Pulling out is approved by God. Genesis is an interesting read if you look at it with a basic knowledge of modern science and understanding of metaphor.

Atheists are fantastically ignorant people.

first i will make vague observations about people i consider immoral in my present time and i will write down that the world is doomed when these people are the only people, therefore iphones and nothing will happen as usual

BTFO OP

Been here for almost ten years now. I wouldn't say it's beneath me. There's a lot of intelligent people here. More than you might realize. Sup Forums is a magnet for the disenfranchised and disillusioned, people who are angry for all the right reasons but necessarily angry at all the right things.

This place, for me, is as much a home for me as the town I grew up in. Maybe even moreso.

If a smart phone is all knowing why does it not try to tell me that God is real.

*tips bible*

>Been here for almost ten years now
>This place, for me, is as much a home for me as the town I grew up in.

Fuck mate, I think you might be me.

I know you're right about the intelligence of the Sup Forums userbase of course, but it just makes me sad to look around at the state of the place sometimes. Maybe it's me that's changed and learned, but in the past every board seemed to have less marketing and bullshit, more OC and laughs.

I guess the Trump mania isn't all that different to the Hitler worship of the past, but there wasn't any danger of Hitler being elected POTUS by a horde of anonymous, angry manchildren.

>Germans being in charge of making jokes

You sound like a really cool person user, feels like this place isn't for you after reading those well put together posts lmao.
Doing God's work user