Dick was a world-class acrobat and was at peak athleticism for his age, before being taken in and trained by Bruce

>Dick was a world-class acrobat and was at peak athleticism for his age, before being taken in and trained by Bruce
>Jason was a street-tough who fought to survive, before being trained and taught to channel his rage into combat skills
>Tim was just as smart as Bruce, and had to train with a bunch of super-ninjas including Shiva before being allowed to be Robin
>Damian was a genetically-engineered super soldier, the son of Bruce and Talia, and trained by the League of Assassins since birth
>Carrie.....put on a store-bought Robin costume, has no special upbringing or genetics, ran around rooftops for a bit, and was immediately capable of saving Bruce and taking out the mutant leader.

Is there any other reason why Carrie Kelley is worst Robin?

She has prizes and shit, she was as trained as babs.

She's slightly less incredibly boring than all the interchangeable fuckboys Bruce kept around.

The will to act is more important than training

I believe she had some gymnastic training. And she seemed pretty practiced with that slingshot.

Why did they age her up?

Why isn't she younger than damian?

>Is there any other reason why Carrie Kelley is worst Robin?
Influential as The Dark Knight Returns may have been to the Batman franchise, it's not actually as good as everyone makes it out to be.

parkour isn't that hard, thousand of people do it
she never had any real fight so who cares

if you survive till that age in Gotham City you might as well have super powers

She didn't take out the mutant leader.
In that comparison, she still comes out as the most interesting character by miles.

>Carrie.....put on a store-bought Robin costume, has no special upbringing or genetics, ran around rooftops for a bit, and was immediately capable of saving Bruce and taking out the mutant leader.
She had a ridiculous amount of gymnastics awards and prizes on her shelf. It's almost like comics are a visual medium and you just read wikipedia articles...

Hell the fact she could do acrobat shit before even meeting Batman would be evidence enough.

>actually looking at the art in comics
as a great poet once said "tell, don't show"

>as a great poet once said "tell, don't show"
>In comics
>In cape comics

Man, the whole deal of comics is the visual as much as anything else, otherwise you'll be reading normal books

>using slang and not knowing what it means

Steph though

this. OP basically described why carrie is the best. a rough cut diamond that already sparkles more than the ones at jared's

>El Joke

Su Cabesa

>being a tripfag fuckboy

lol

There's was a joke?. Huh

This is something that's rarely seen in comics these days I feel.
Everything is about instant gratification. Getting superpowers from a freak accident, being a genetic enhanced supersoldier with intra-cranial Matrix training, or just having a vagina.
Carrie was well-received because apart from having a good visual design not just from the point of waifu faggotry it is clearly shown she's earned the mantle.
I might be rambling because I'm drunk, but I can't really remember any recent origin story where a superhero gets their ass kicked until they finally learn instead of getting superpowers from cancer, unless maybe you want to count KickAss.

One Punch Man

Sort of.

>Was Robin in the best (the best) Batman comic ever written making the rest of this crap superfluous

B-But muh power level wank...

Good posts

>Influential as The Dark Knight Returns may have been to the Batman franchise, it's not actually as good as everyone makes it out to be

I dunno, it seems like the mainstream critical consensus now is to shit on it with noncommittal non-criticism like this asshole and blame it for ruining comics somehow. I can't think of too many people around here who'll admit to liking it without reservations

>I can't think of too many people around here who'll admit to liking it without reservations
I do.
It's an honest book made by Miller when he was at the peak of his creativity, without fanservice or drumming up cheap controversies, just focusing on telling a good story in a then-groundbreaking form for mainstream comics.
I don't agree with most typical reasons for disliking it, as in Superman is out of character or Batman is a fascist, because usually it's taking things that function within the story and are consistent with previous portrayals taken to one of logical conclusions and trying to make something of it without the necessary context.

It was literally a switch around if "show don't tell". The one he posted isn't a thing people say.

I've actually always really liked Superman in it, I found him sympathetic and basically in character for Superman, he seemed like a decent and thoughtful guy who had worked himself into the wrong position through good intentions. I never felt Miller treated him with disrespect or set him up as an obvious dope, he just had bad politics was all

this. too many people wank about miller "hating superman"-- even though he said he does, that doesn't mean miller is incapable of writing him sympathetically or realistically. i liked miller's superman.

>Su Cabesa
>Cabesa
¿?

Until you read The Dark Knights Strikes Again.

i try not to think about that. maybe i should specify: i liked miller's superman in the dark knight returns.

also nice satan trips