I'm so confused. Why didn't people like it? It was really entertaining, didn't butcher any characters, flowed well...

I'm so confused. Why didn't people like it? It was really entertaining, didn't butcher any characters, flowed well, had great performances, good aesthetics, honestly everything but Jennifer Lawrence was good or great.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_kniQrk9jw0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I agree, user. I really liked it too. But I didn't have any problems with Jennifer Lawrence desu.

It wasn't made by disney and fox can't pay for shitposters

I felt nothing when I saw Days of Future Past, and apathy at the last couple Wolverines, so nothing is really enticing me to want to see this one. It's been hard to give a shit since Xmen 3, I've been reboot-ready for years.

They rebooted five years ago nigga

Sure doesn't seem like it, Wolverine is still Jackman right? Was First Class the reboot? They need to reboot harder if that's the case, it still looks like the same exact shit as before. I remember liking the first two films way back when, but everything after X2 has been a headache.

First Class wasn't bad, DoFP was GREAT, and Apocalypse was britty gud

Was there ever any good animated X-men stuff after Evolution? I wouldn't mind getting back to some classic X-men stuff to wash all this live action shit out of my mouth. I think the last I heard of was Wolverine VS Hulk or something.

>Different opinions? SCARY!
But seriously though, maybe we're just tired of the X Men and the movies are kind of the same? Or at least thats the case for me anyway.

I don't think there's been ANY animated X-Men stuff after Evolution

Wolverine vs Hulk was actually pretty good. But I think Wolverine and the X Men was the last thing, though I dont know how good that was. Of course you cant go wrong with the 90s cartoon right?

Wasn't as good as FP or DOFP honestly

Wolverine and the X-men, that was cancelled pretty soon but it was solid

It's a damn shame they didn't carry on that line of stuff. Even Thor vs Hulk wasn't bad, Planet Hulk was also pretty good a summarized adaptation.

>your face when "I think we can all agree the third film is always the worst"

To my knowledge, Wolverine vs Hulk and Wolverine and the X Men are canon with Avengers EMH. On another note, does the 90s cartoon still hold up? Ive been meaning to get back into it and I hope its not like the Spider Man cartoon where the editing makes me want to kill myself

Wasnt there that wolverine and the x-men series?

>wreak, Havok!
>Metallica's The Four Horsemen playing while Angel is being recruited as one of The Four Horsemen

This movie was full of pottery

>the movies are kind of the same
Pretty much this. Every movie is the same conversation between Charles and Magneto, Wolverine and Mystique are shoehorned in to the plot, and every film feels vaguely like a soft reboot because inter-film continuity and a consistent team are apparently beyond Fox. Also the low budget is apparent and the disdain for the source material is obvious.

This "Go fuck yourself Brett Ratner" moment was brought to you by Bryan Singer.
BRAVO SINGER!

The weird bit is I dont think this franchise has any right to shit on Return of the Jedi.

Every single one of the X-Men movies could have come out in X2's place and no one would bat an eye. The production design is still stuck in the era of The Matrix, while WB/DC has moved towards blowhard pretension and Disney/Marvel is wallowing in popcorn flicks.

Get Singer off this franchise. It's time to shake things up. I'm not saying it should be a quip-fest, but look at the success Marvel has achieved with an ex-Troma director and some brothers that used to direct tv sitcoms. Bring in some new blood, and I don't just mean "Singer needs new boys for his trailer."

In the diegetic, yes they shitted on Return of the Jedi, but in the non diegetic, it's obvious that was about X-Men The Last Stand or X-Men "FUCK YOU BRETT RATNER GO DIE IN YOUR BED"

>Magnetos arc felt more like a Wolverine story, acting as if Magneto settling down with a wife and child and then losing them is a common occurrence.
>Charles and Erik are broken records, repeating the same lines from the past two movies.
>Wasted Jubilee
>Wasted Storm
>Wasted Psylock
>repeating the same Quicksilver set piece
>Apocalypse is drab in dialogue, vague in motivation and boring in execution
>Wolverine set piece is useless and could be cut entirely
>Mystique is hailed by the students, practically does nothing in this movie
>Archangel because our movie doesn't have enough Wolverine body horror
>most uninteresting and lazy post credit sequence in recent memory
>gotta wrap all these fucking storylines up so it sync with my first movie as if I'm George Lucas. Hey, wait...
>Star Wars comparison to jab at Last Stand
If you can ignore all that shit, the movie is still only decent at best.

It was bland. It was the vanilla ice cream of movies. It wasn't good enough nor bad enough to be memorable. It was just there. It's the most average, mediocre movie I've seen in some time

>X-Men fans now know how Amazing Spider-Man fans feel

Doesn't feel good, does it?

Indeed. Wolverine and the X-men, despite the weird swapping of personality and leadership roles between Logan and Scott, was solid and had some standout episodes. Also it had the best Kurt.

>Sync with first movie
>Quicksilver is an X-Man

at least he survived this time

the second Amazing Spider-Man movie was terrible

In trying to shit on Ratner, he shit on himself because this is the third of the First Class films.

To be fair, the Magneto stuff with his family was the best in the movie. Weird that he is so happy at the end of the movie, because his life he built over ten years is still completely destroyed. It was good to see Charles trying to be a lady's man again.

I agree with a lot of this.
Unlike Civil War, most of the characters in the movie do nothing and have no arc.

Why does Storm's hair have to turn white? How does she have white hair in the other movies then?
Why does Charles going bald have to be a "thing" that's caused by the villain?
Why does Wolverine have to show up at all in a Weapon X scene that could have probably been cut entirely save for them finding a jet?

The whole movie felt like cliff notes of a much better movie.

I actually liked the part with Logan, him snarling in the camera because he knew Stryker was watching was great

They were both terrible

So is X-Men Apocalypse.

Just saw it last night so I'll do my best to shit on it properly.

Entire first act was a fucking mess. Way too many characters doing shit all at the same time, but very little of it felt (or was) meaningful. Here's Angel and Nightcrawler fight scene, now let's cut to Magneto, now let's cut to Scott, now to Moira, now back to Mystique and Nightcrawler just long enough for you to remember they exist, now back to Scott, now to Magneto, random Quicksilver, etc.
Then we have a very awkward "forced" climactic scene with Apocalypse launching all the nukes into space, which sets us into our middle act. The middle act is the best, as the film is finally able to focus. We're treated to some neat team dynamic between Cyclops, Stupid Cunt, and Nightcrawler, a shitty Wolverine setpiece, and we get to watch Apocalypse and his butt buddies do a shit ton of nothing cool. We also get a decently funny Quicksilver bit with the destruction of the school.
We finally enter our climactic, CG flooded battle. The effects look like asshole, Magneto becomes good again because movie, and the entire battle with Apocalypse becomes this stupid fucking tug of war where they take every chance they can to make us think the X-Men have the upper hand, only to get plot hacked by Apocalypse. Then Jean Grey happens and the X-Men win.

Final complaints.
Angel has two spoken lines the entire movie ("Fight me or they'll kill us" and "I'm drunk, go away")
Storm did nothing the entire movie
Magneto is such a fucking flake it hurts
Mystique only ever bitches about how hard it is being a mutant. She's also important even though the best thing she does is get almost killed so Magneto will quit being evil.
The CG looked so fucking bad during some scenes.
Jean Gray.

My girlfriend's biggest problem was that all of the dialogue was both predictable and forced. Like the only ones who could talk like actual people were Xavier and Magneto.

I expected like a 6/10 movie, but it's a 4/10

>>Wasted Psylock

I wasn't expecting a lot but I was certainly expecting more than superfluous hench girl.

Why even take a hero and make her a horseman at all if you're not gonna develop it at all.

>4/10

Okay Bret

>DoFP was GREAT
DoFP was retarded from the first scene where they explained they got the Sentinel powers from Mystique and not Darwin.

>Why didn't people like it?

Everything sucked

Apocalypse sucked, Prof X sucked, Jean sucked, Beast sucked, Magneto sucked, Mystique sucked, Storm sucked, everything sucked

How would they get them from Darwin?
Vaughn killed Darwin.

Holy shit guys why is the after credits scene taking so long to appear like goddamn I want some Essex HYPE now

If that was the case shouldn't it be getting average reviews?

The scene was fine and I always like seeing Wolverine killing random soldiers, but it really didn't matter much in the movie's plot and that time could have been better spent giving the main X-Characters or (god forbid) the Horsemen some actual character development.

It's sitting on a 5.6 on RT, 53 on Metacritic. That's pretty average

>Everyone is wearing all black
>Mystique isn't in her natural form

oh boy, another cape movie that isn't sure who to appeal to.

Which was completely retarded.
>adapted to survive and all
>is the only casualty

ayy

I just hated how fucking long it took to get started.

This movie could have easily been 45 minutes shorter with absolutely nothing pertinent to the plot removed.

>>Everyone is wearing all black
This has been a problem for fifteen years. Fifteen years and they still keep making the same mistake, even after flashy costumes became acceptable over the years.
Who's decision was that and why can't they be industry-blacklisted for being so terrible at their job?

You'd think so, but the education system and a slew of other review sites point out that "average" is apparently in the 70s/100 range.

Everyone I know liked it. Granted, they're filthy casuals. I liked it too tho

Well, blame IGN for that. To me it's more like
>8-10 - GOAT
>6-8 - good
>4-6 - average
>2-4 - bad, skip it at the cinema, wait till torrent
>0-2 - holy shit this is so terrible you need to watch it ASAP
And that kids, is why Battleship was the greatest cinema experience I ever had

Why is Peter worried about telling Erik who he is to him

Wouldn't that have made his dad intervene before Apocalypse told him to break a leg out there

it'd be hard not to laugh at least a lil bit at how they died
>accidentally killed with the same arrow a police officer accidentally shot while being pecked at by a bird

It's just okay I guess.

It's entertaining and I liked it, but it's got the weakest plot of all X-Men movies (Well, third worst after X-3 and Origins). It's literally Age of Ultron: A bad guy emerges and is evil with weak, survival of the fittest motivations, attempts to switch to a stronger body but is foiled and then beaten by the heroes combined.

I still liked it a lot better than AoU though.

DOFP was the best comic book movie of its year and it's better than Civil War.

>Not muh Disney

>I'm a dumbass and I was expecting a funbuzzword family-friendly movie.

>I don't like X-Men.

>I'm a "personal hateboner for a particular actor" shitposter.

Assuming you like the genre generally, you only get 4 dumbass reasons for not liking the movie.

Trying to pretend like you have some other reason doesn't fly, so tell us all which of the four categories you fall into.

I'm with you, after 2 I was officially done watching these any way other than shitty little streaming sites. Just shit which is sad cause Jackman really is a great wolverine.

every time they even use the same "memes" to attack whatever blockbuster they're up against

I have a boner for Jennifer Lawrence. I want her to tell me I should be ashamed of myself after jacking off to her

>Hugh Jackman Wolverine will never show up in the MCU, will never bluntly banter with Tony, will never be unimpressed by Cap, will never fight Hulk

It was acted well, maybe, but I thought it was as by the numbers as it could get. Magneto was happy and living with a family, and BAM, flascans kill them to give him motivation. So he'll kill all humans, until he realises he'd be killing every else he loved and is still alive.

The only good part about it was that he clearly turns back not because of what Mystique tells him, but when he sees Quicksilver. He clearly knows he's his father when he says "...and you?" and even if the other is not ready to admit it, just seeing him makes his become aware he's still got something to stand for.

I won't say the movie is great, thought I liked it. but that it's got an RT score of 40-50% while Civil War's got above 90 is just ridiculous.

>Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen are done being Xavier and Magneto

How about the
>it was shitty because half the cast clearly didn't want to be there, it was a cut and paste job of scenes, and the half of the cast that did show up were all on different movies
reason?

Because no one likes a dumpster fire, except pyros. And they don't count obviously.

this is as good an analogy as you will get.

I see right through you dude

>we are already two live-action Spidermen separated from Toby-spidey
where did the time go

STATION

Then you already know what is beneath

>Weird that he is so happy at the end of the movie, because his life he built over ten years is still completely destroyed.
This. Does anyone else think it'd have been better if the death of his family was kind of like, the point of no return? I mean, keep the part where he decides do help to X Men against Apocalypse at the end, but instead of Magneto being friendly towards everyone just show him going away now fully sure of his beliefs, cutting ties with Xavier's team once and for all.

>Why does Storm's hair have to turn white? How does she have white hair in the other movies then?
>Why does Charles going bald have to be a "thing" that's caused by the villain?
why not

Girls were laughing behind me when they realize apocalypse was manlet

epic meme dude

>half the cast didn't want to be there
>the other cast members are in different movies

You read press articles about this movie and learned what talking points to repeat and you saw amazing character development that can't be beat in some other cape movie, amirite?

Marvel Movie Universe shitposter or nah?

>Blame IGN for the grading in the education system.

user, 59 is the absolute highest for an F grade, which is considered failing instead of 9 points above average.

The conspiracy theorists are full of shit. However I am totally convinced there is a cultural bias when it comes the the "superhero movie".

Even Jennifer Lawrence wasn't that bad.

No, I saw the movie last week. Fassbender fucking phoned it in man. Every scene where he was in Egypt he literally looked like he didn't want to be there. The part where Mystique and Quicksilver are trying to work out how to break through his magnetic field or whatever the fuck it was, there's a shot where he turns to them, and it literally looks like he's fallen asleep. McAvoy was the only one that did shit in the entire movie, and even he kept getting sidelined by other people.

Agreed

They should've kept the First Class guy.

Went in expecting Felicity.
Turns out that, apart from a few scenes when other characters tell her they think she's great and she's like "...I'm really not", she doesn't do much.
In fact, she makes her move and is taken out of the final battle just like Wolverine in DOFP, and Sup Forums also bitched that DOFP was a full Wolverine movie.

Americans have a weird grading system

god forbid magneto not be reformed in time for new mutants that worked out so well for the franchise.

Cape movies are entertaining, but none of them are especially great. However, people do tend to praise Mavel Studios films a little more than they deserve, and thrash other studios' movies a little more than they deserve as well.

That's not to say all movies are good. I thought BvS was complete garbage. But I think this was better than Age of Ultron, and AoU has a 75 score in RT.

If you're pretending the last like 3 X men movies were anything above a 60 you're just lying to yourself or you watch shit like mortal kombat 2 every day. Even by super hero movie standards it was bad, i would take age of ultron, Thor or BvS over xmen all day. They got decent casting with 4 characters the rest are shit. Everything after the first just feels b rate "this is my big break" style not just for the actors but costumers, writers, everybody. It seems like they try but nothing comes off as organic.

Apocalypse was really good. I enjoyed it much more than I thought especially going in with such low expectations.

DOFP > Apocalypse > First Class
X2 > Xmen > X-men 3: The Last Stand

Going back and watching it First Class aged terribly

You want painfully obvious dialogue? First Class

You want characters wasted? First Class

It had great costumes but there's no emotion or tension behind those visuals until the end where they're all at the beach.

You lied to me Sup Forums you said it was going to be awful.

couldn't have typed it better myself.

DOFP is the best superhero movie that's come out in the last five years at least.

Marveldrone #72

Ok what if by some unlikely asspull Wolverine is allowed into the MCU, hes a project of weapon of weapon X that gave him the healing factor/adamantium claws, and is never directly called a mutant, would that be acceptable?

Why bother posting even

Apocalypse isn't as good cause it's a full Singer film. DofP was only half Singer.

I liked, it i just wish it was as comfy as this ad made me feel.

youtube.com/watch?v=_kniQrk9jw0

Dat stan the man cameo doe

who directed the other parts of Dofp?

Close enough, but in the end all marvel characters should be property of marvel's studio, no more Sony Spiderman no more Fant4astic shit no more FoX-men, it all needs to go home.

Pre-production was under Mathew Vaughn. Singer came in just to film it.

Categorically false