One of these threads

The X-men ripped off The Doom Patrol and completely got away with it.

The Fantastic Four ripped off the Challengers of the Unknown and completely got away with it.

Thanos ripped off Darkseid and completely got away with it.

Can we just have a nice Doom Patrol thread without any shit like ''X-men is a rip off hurr hurr''? Really

Essential Doom Patrol?

>HARD MODE

No Morrison.

They did though

Everything that is not Byrne.

I would say the first run.

>Doom Patrol
literally who

DELETE THIS!!

THE DOOM PATROL WAS COOL!

gayyy

How you dare!

I WAS A HERO GODDAMMIT

Is the 2009 run any good?

Was the mom from The Incredibles based on the giant girl from this team?

it's ok
it's got good personality because Giffen, but it just doesn't go anywhere, I don't recall if it was cancelled prior to Flashpoint or because of it

Doom Patrol was a twist on the Fantastic Four formula, and you would know that if you read the comics.
I mean the Arnold Drake and Bruno Premiani comics, not just reading the Morrison run and calling it a day.

Wasn't Doom Patrol supposed to be DC's Fantastic Four?

This isn't even getting into the characters who mysteriously appeared at exactly the same time like Vision and Red Tornado. Who was ripping off who?

No, they just used the name, and Helen has more "elastic" powers anyway. Classic Rita just had size powers with a lot of room for creativity. She was only ever "elastic" in reinterpretations.

It was cancelled in the middle of Flashpoint. It is good, to me it was better than the two volumes that were before.
What do you think will happen with Doom Patrol after rebirth? How they will be retcon?.

It was part of a slate of cancellations like six months before Flashpoint.
JSA All-Stars and REBELS also went at the time, I think.

>Basic Casual
Literally (you)

go fuck your moms, really

Absolutely this

>we will never have New52 "Thunderbolts" Patrol.

Have you heard? Young Animal and Gerard Way?
"All-Star" Doom Patrol

>shitty DP image straight off Wikipedia
>perpetuating the X-men angle

10/10. It's like I don't read the comics at all!

>Justice League February, 1960
Try again, they already had Marvel beat in that department by a good twenty-two years.

>Casual mode
>No Morrison

Hard Mode
No Drake

I know that genius. What I wonder is how since new 52 is pre Flashpoint.
>Chief isn't on a wheelchair
>Some dead members are alive now
>Flex Mentallo is going to return
You know, I want to see all the members together at least in one issue. From Fever, Celsius, Elemental Woman and Faith to Coagula, Will Maguns, Ambush Bug and Metamorpho.

In before
>Half of them are dead

Young Animal likely means it doesn't have to fit into the mainstream continuity like you're hoping.

So we Morrison now?

If Al Ewing was the writer of Doom Patrol he would be suffering.
Who do you hope will join the team or appear? My bet is on Constantine.

Well they did it more successfully so

How would you go about writing a Doom Patrol movie? Which iteration of the team would you use, who are the villains, and what would the overall plot be? How do you sell the idea to audiences while retaining the essential spirit of the series?

I could see it being kind of an anthology series. Different team, different era every time, and every movie ends with the team dying or some other crazy bullshit.

Mega pleb here: I've read Morrison's DP stuff, who else should I read?

>artist/writer pitches character
>publisher says no
>makes character anyway

See:wolverine. Half of the New X-men were LOSH.

>Morrison's Patrol
>not in continuity

He had gene bombs from whatever that Invasion event was, and had members of the team right before him show up/were acknowledged and had moments of being relevant.

He was just mostly self-contained with his run

I'm excited as fuck for YA Doom Patrol. Umbrella Academy is still one of the best damn comics I've ever read.

The first movie is about their origins and their apparenth death with some hints that the Chief is actually responsibe for the accidents that turned Cliff, Rita and Negative Man into freaks but nothing is ever confirmed.
Post credit scene shows that Robotman survived and is founded by Doctor Will Magnus.

>That Fucking Page

Every time. Bravo Way.

Origin of the team.
Original roster, the "group therapy" concept from Morrison.
Main conflict is AVMMan: Dr Larsen is Niles' friend, and Niles wants to handle the monster discretely before the authorities just kill him. Team proves effective, Niles realizes that his scientific colleagues and rivals are prone to the same issues and that as a special security group they could keep the world from imploding.

Sequel bait: something like Brain being out for blood, or maybe an Immortus reveal as the mastermind of something

read more comics

It's Metron you butt licker! He even has the chair!

Dude even casuals know about them, thanks to the Teen Titans cartoon.

I always hoped they'd come back for another episode. I had no idea who they were as a kid but they seemed pretty damn cool.

Doom Patrol has never been fun though

tyb murakami

The rest I'll give you but with X-Men and Doom Patrol, they were too close to tell for sure, like the Munsters and the Addams Family.

They've already said it's all in continuity with regular DC titles.

Not really, the writer mentioned that at the time both dc and marvel shared some of the same writers-pool.
Though he initial just chalked it up to parallel thought, he's then admitted how easily the premise could've been casually mentioned in passing over at marvel.