People hate Miles Morales but love Kamala Khan because they're more intimidated by a male ethnic character change than...

>people hate Miles Morales but love Kamala Khan because they're more intimidated by a male ethnic character change than a female ethnic character who they can just fetishsize

Prove me wrong Sup Forums.

I dont hate Miles, I wish he'd been given room to grow before he became perma caught up in Ultimate universe bullshit. And now its too late, he's a meme character

Miles has the crucial disadvantage of being written by a distracted bendis, and thus has been decompresssed to doing a fat load of nothing for years.

Second, Sup Forums is both gay as fuck, and will fetishize the fuck out of spandex wearing shotas.

Their power level differnce cannot be simply because of fetish levels.

bump this gay earth

Maybe Miles was a bad choice. I'm also talking about other well written characters like Cho and stuff. This board seems to like him a little bit but I always see more negativity compared to positivity. I can't really say the same for Mrs. Marvel.

I don't hate Miles. I just think the majority of his stories are bland and on content he really doesn't deserve the popularity he has. I HATE GANKE

And I especially feel like if Marvel were looking for a "male ethnic character" to promote then Patriot made for a better choice.

The only people who have a problem with Cho are the same people who have a problem with Kamala.

People don't like Miles cause he's fucking boring as shit.

People don't hate Robbie Reyes, nice try OP

Sup Forums doesn't hate Miles. He's an empty vessel, not even worth getting worked up about.

At least Kamala has a personality.

>people like a good MC of a good book more than the boring MC of a mediocre book
Who'd a thunk it?

People like Robbi Reyes. Well people on Sup Forums likes him.
To be fair people proabbly hate Miles also because Pete died for him. And he totally did then was really boring.

I dislike both.

Don't even get me started on how they treated Eli.

They may not hate him but for some reason he never got the fanbase that Kamala got.

This is a pretty accurate summation.

He never got the push.

No, the problem with Miles is that he's almost exclusively written by Bendis, every time Miles has appeared under someone else's pen, he's been a very enjoyable character, race has nothing to do with it Sup Forums

I don't hate Miles though. I just think he's wasted potential. Every now and then, a great character shines through. I WANT to like Miles. There's a really solid and interesting character there.

But fuck man, Bendis has just spent years squandering him.

Are you saying that people would like Miles more if he was "Kamalafied" and became Miley Morales?

Because my dick say yes, this is true.

but my good taste say, no, the difference is just good writting

Miles is trapped in the shittiest possible situation. He needs to stop being written by Bendis, because all of his stories are are bland and he's had absolutely no growth since his debut. He's also Spider-Person #16854456 that really didn't need to be made instead of his own secret identity or even as the legacy hero of one that doesn't already have about a million other similar heroes. The only problem I have with him is he keeps getting pushed while other teen heroes fall by the way side, seriously where the fuck are Mania and Robbie Reyes. Since this is going to get 450+ replies might as well throw my two cent in.

Don't get me started on how they treat all the OG Young Avengers. Tommy is still being treated an accessory for Billy

Sup Forums can relate to little girls better.

I hate Marvel's white female characters more than their ethnic characters, male or female.

Robbie Reyes, Miles, Kamala, Cho, I like them all.

Jane Foster, Bennett's Angela, Henderson/North's Squirrel Girl, Leth's Hellcat, now THESE are some characters I hate.

Gwenpool is my waifu though.

Does anyone ACTUALLY hate Miles? The most negative emotion I ever see expressed towards him is complete apathy because nothing particularly interesting has ever been done with his character and most of his fights are boring as hell because they revolve around him poking the enemy and waiting a few seconds for the venom blast to kick in.

I like her costume, the dreads are cool, but the mask should cover all the face.

These last issues Miles have been shitting on SJW. Does it count as his personal problem that setembro him apart? Anyway, Robbie deserved more space.

>fetishize

when did faggots all collectively decide that heterosexual attraction is """""""""fetishism""""""""""?

>men like male characters: SEXISM
>men like female characters: ALSO SEXISM

you faggots never know what you want us to like, you just know that you're pissed off about whatever it is we decide to like

Especially little horse girls.

First off, I'm not Sup Forums. Second off, it's related more to genders than anything,

I hate Miles because he's black and Spider-Man.

The only reason Miles was created was because Bendis wanted to create a black Spider-man. If he was any other race, it would still had worked. Although Kamala might had been the same in regards to the reason behind her creation, her race actually plays a role in defining her and her interaction with those around her.

It's not at all an out there observation that Sup Forums is more receptive to new female characters over male characters cause at the very base level, even if everything else is shit, they still have new fap material.

This is true for Gwenpool, Kamala, and Silk.

I'm not an /mlp/fag tho. I just put the pic there for reference.
So I was right?

I remember reading that page about the blogger finding out Miles was black, is that the actual arc they're going for right now? What does he do make a psa that he doesn't want to be known as black Spider-ManEven though it's the only way to distinguish between him and Peter whether you're talking about race or costume

Still waiting for Waid to bring Robbie into ANADA.
They need more cheap transportation.

>co always says
>how do you make a _____ character
>just write character well
but apparently now you have to write their race as important too

Maybe you belong in Sup Forums then, because your OP is purely a Sup Forums topic.

It is fetishism if the SOLE reason you like Kamala is that she's brown and a muzzie or some shit.

Like you like her for what she represents rather than what she is.

You could make Miles a white guy and literally nothing would change

We hate miles because it the opprotunity for robbie to corrupt little kamala.

Are you OP? I don't know if you're right, I'm just saying: I wouldn't mind Miles if he was anyone else, but Spider-Man is white.

Kamala only deserves Miles's BBC

>Corrupt
>implying he's not a fine upstanding gentleman who just so happens to be possessed by a demonic ghost

>robbie
>corrupt

Please, that boy is more pure than Kamala

So what? Why are you so dickhurt that Sup Forums likes what it likes, instead of what you feel entitled to have Sup Forums like?

both are made to appease the SJW that don' t read comics

whatever they choose, we already lost

Never forget.

Yeah but /mlp/ stuff is banned on all boards but three
Also a whole thread can be deleted because of one /mlp/ pic

...?

I was just stating that OP wasn't wrong.

lost what you tremendous faggot

Don't pretend any of this shit matters enough to call it a "war".

Most of Sup Forums are little girls

No. Kamala X Ahura is the true otp and the one that makes the most sense.

I may not speak for everyone, but there are certain condition where I could overlook the writing.

Actually, I prefer Miles to Kamala

>hispanic character
>they make him black
Not every spic is a black fuck
I know it because I'm hispanic

Oh hey don't mind me just sitting in the corner over here.

I like Miles better.

Fuck Kamala and this pathetic waifu circlejerk around her.

Patience, my son. Your new book is on its way.

One day they'll know.

I didn't know that. I got banned for fucking 13 minutes...

Yup. But in the Spider-verse there were plenty of other Peter Parkers. Even non-human ones.

1) Kamala is a girl!
2) She's cute!
3) I love her!
4) Kamala!

You need to earn your push. Falcon got the big shield instead.

>Robbie
>Corrupt
Therein lies the rub.
Robbie's legitimately the nicest possible love interest.
I want to see Kamala attempting to upset her parents by claiming they're dating, only for them to love his work ethic, grades, community service, and devotion to Gabe.

I don't read this. How strong is this girl out of curiosity?

She's not another Whor is she....

She's nowhere near preachy and self-important enough to be Whor.

She's not really that strong her only power is to grow think fodder X-Men tier

People just hate miles when he's written by Bendis
he's a pretty cool character when literally anyone writes him

>fuck up Peter's marriage because writing adults is hard
>turn him into Batman Inc
>do nothing with Childish Gamspido

Ugh. It's not like they don't have decades of Spidey to rob from.

>and self-important enough to be Whor.
... but she is pretty fucking important. She's the wielder of Mjolnir for fucks sake.

A frog can fucking wield mjolnir how important can it be.

Is Ahura a curry as well? He looks like one.

>how important can it be.
Uhh good point there.

But the point still stands. She's a heavy hitter in the Avengers now. She's earned her due.

So you're a white fuck?

Lmao. It's weird to see how straight her nose gets when she's not drawn by the original artists. It's like everyone wants her to become Latino or something.

Does Miles quip and banter when he fights like how Peter does? I always see panels posted where he looks sad or moping.

I'm fine with Miles. I hate Khmala because her comic ignores the reality of Islam. They never once acknowledge it. And her creator encouraged vandalism of anti-Islamic posters.

Go back to Tumblr.

>They may not hate him but for some reason he never got the fanbase that Kamala got.

This is for the exact same reason that within the Adventure Time Fandom PB and Marceline have far bigger fanbase than both Fin and Jake combined.

It has nothing to do with race user. It has everything to do with middle aged men wanting to fuck something.

Sometimes. But generally he's more skittish. He's been "the new Spider on the block" for the majority of his existence, so a lot of his fights involve him making observations or being upset. The quips are sprinkled onto the fights, instead of soaking them, if you catch my drift.

>muh boogeyman

>why I dislike Miles
Brian Michael Bendis
>why I like Kamala
G. Willow Wilson

Miles has less personality than my discarded foreskin. Kamala is cute and fun to read and follow. I'm sorry nobody wants your WE WUZ SPIDERMAN.

Jaime Reyes

Muslim isn't a race, dipshit. A character's cultural background should be properly reflected in the writing.

No.
We're saying you can't have your cake and eat it, too.
If you want to make a character interesting with a specific background, write that into their actions and stories.
Take the new Nighthawk run.
That is a character defined by race. It tinges this entire first issue.
Sam's run as Cap has made waves because he talked about political issues and that is absolutely what I want to see from a Cap run. He is differentiated from Steve via his views and actions because not everyone is the same in that regard.
And then there is the turd that was Queen of Hel. They made magical angel warriors act like Friends characters, for fuck's sake!
Anyway, Kamala has managed to act accordingly to her upbringing, be influenced by what she is and still be inoffensive enough not to cause a big political blowout.

I used to like Ganke, but the latest issue made me hate him. As for Miles, I think he can be decent when other people write him. When Bendis writes him, it's like he's less interested in making Miles a good character and more interested in having everyone around him tell the reader that he's awesome and that anyone who dislikes him is wrong. I wouldn't miss him if Marvel decided to retire him, but I wouldn't exactly be jumping for joy, either.

I hated Silk when she was introduced but grew to like her in her own series. It all depends on the writer.

Carol Danvers didn't die so Kamala could be introduced. Also, Kamala's Ms. Marvel has been really good, and good comics absolves all sins.

Medusa's dreams her boy could find such a nice girl as Kamala. She's the only new Inhuman that has any real staying power.

Amadeus is fine. Not great, not that original, but I like him well enough.
Like to see him get his own, non-Hulk hero identity, though.

I like Kamala because she's a goofball with funny superpowers. Also because she defends Jersey, which is...not a city you usually see superheroes defending.

there seems to be a running undertone that this isn't 'his' Hulk, it's Banner's Hulk transferred into him. So it seems pretty inevitable that the run is gonna end with Bruce getting Big Green back

why are there no fics about Medusa seducing Kamala?

Nonsense! Civilians in comic books are morons who can't recognize you the instant you put on a domino mask.

Do what for her? Because I'm not sure I can be bothered.

Of course, but I want to see Amadeus be his own guy rather than the kid that hangs around with Bruce and Herc. Give him some tech gear, let him go around solving crimes, yadda yadda.

I'm gay.
Kammy is cute and even though the pop-culture references are a little too much sometimes she's relatively interesting and well written.

Miles is fucking boring and written by Bendis.

One of the best superhero story arcs of the past 20 years.

Does that mean one can deliberately destroy a thread by posting ponies?

I fucking hate robbie

And then they start hinting that Kamala should marry Robbie and Kamala's like "what have I got myself into"

Because all evil needs to succeed is for good people to do nothing.