I graduated from a good state school in three years with a 3.9 GPA...

I graduated from a good state school in three years with a 3.9 GPA. I majored in mathematics and minored in computer science, earning a 4.0 in both subjects. I published a paper in a peer-reviewed journal. I also have four very strong professor recommendations. Yet, since graduating, I have not gotten an interview for any of the white-collared job for which I have applied, only for blue-collared jobs that pay about $10/hour. It sometimes makes me question why I bothered with college.

Then I remember: Before I went to college, I didn't even get interviews for these $10/hour blue-collared jobs -- only McDonalds, Subway, and Walgreens.

The economy is healthy.

Welcome to Silicon Valley's total and complete freeze on the hiring of native born US citizens

H1-B VISA only need apply

Now, go work for Starbucks so that you will be another statistic that we can use showing that we have a shortage of STEM field workers in this country

Oh, and remember, your student loan payment is due next week

Have a nice life

Sorry, but you chose a meme degree that is why. Every millennial I have ever seen does computer science, it is the most over saturated job field in today's youth. Even young women are getting degrees in computer science.

My current employer is in a field so desperate for employees that he paid for my education at a trade school and now I make 85k annually starting.

You are no different than a woman who got a degree in gender studies and is complaining about how the economy sucks because she can't find work.

>starbucks
Dead man's shift security guard actually.
>no different than a woman who got a degree in gender studies
My hair is it's natural color and I don't have any piercings.

What field?

Just send more resumes out. My company starts technical sales at $40,000 plus commissions. I would not hesitate to hire a math major for a job like that. He would easily be able to learn about our products well enough to speak knowledgably with engineers, it is easy to teach math majors, they are on the ball. Just keep sending out the resumes, stop whining, and make it happen. Employers aren't going to come to you. Now quit bitching, and sell yourself to a better employer. Your whiny entitled attitude is probably why you don't get hired for a good job.

What company. I'd be happy to apply!

>Every millennial I have ever seen does computer science, it is the most over saturated job field in today's youth. Even young women are getting degrees in computer science.
People who can actually do things are needed
But you need experience to get into those jobs
Or you need to be from a school they recruit out of

Apparently I never learned grammar at any point during my education, which I admit is sort of undercutting my bitching.

did you try a firm handshake and actually looking people in the eye?

>computer science
hehe i wanna grow up and make video gameas what degree do i do reddit xDDxDdDddd

North central positronics.

What is your "strong state school". Also BS in math is useless buddy.

t. space engineer now working abroad

You said you had a 3.9. And then in the next sentence you said you had a 4.0...

Fuck outta here lie-fag

Shit that never happened: The thread

Check out Epic Systems. They hire many grads straight out of college.

>he fell for the stem meme

>overall gpa and major gpa are the same thing

Lol, did you get your GED?

Do you have GPA for high school?

Also this
something like 2-3 STEM graduates for every STEM job

I really can't believe this is true. How many applications have you filled out? Are you being picky about location?

Why would he mention that? Why would he know that?

>space engineer
What company? Airbus?

you should have majored in computer science. pure mathematics is useless unless you want to teach or be a professor

>comparing some trade school to actually CS degree
Kill yourself with your garbage tier career.

Googled it. Only seeing links related to a Stephen King novel.

They didn't give me an interview.

>fell for the trade school meme
>now make $18/h as a labourer
>enrolled for a CS degree next year

My life is a meme I don;t even give a fuck anymore

Have you looked into software QA my dude? I have an associates degree and make 70k in year 2 of my career. I'm also lazy as fuck. The H1B indians you compete against are by and large incompetent and have fake degrees. If you get in, you stay in. If you're in the bay area, Wells Fargo is hiring 4 more people for my team (starting around 55k) and you don't need experience, just need to learn XML and SQL the night before the interview

>3.9
phhh christ.. talk to me when i see that 4

>math
>useless

WEW
E
W

time to abandon this thread

OP - if your grades are as good as you claim why not go to grad school? surprised you didnt apply

know smart people in math and most do phds with adequate stipends or go to technical companies/gov

I had the same problem. Go get an MBA from a private school. You will have to take out a ton of student loans. Odds are you have no real work experience so you will have to get a lower level job after graduation but if you work hard you will be promoted quickly. I started out as an entry level analyst moved up to marketing manager in 3 years at a fortune 500. The student loans were worth it.

terrible fucking bait

post your transcript and I'll critique it.

I myself an unemployed with an Msc in math from the top school in canada but thats only because i dont want to work in software

Do they offer relocation for those who aren't?
Also
>Bay area

Isn't that location expensive as fuck to live in?

>sorry bro but your degree is worthless, you should have majored in x
>everyone majors in x
>sorry bro but your degree is worthless, you should have majored in y

why the fuck would you do CS is you are already at 20$ an hour as a labourer?

indians and chinks in cs will work for half that

Not sure what school you went to. In my school, about 1/3 of the class is doing EECS, and most of my friends who graduate end up in Silicon Valley. Those who don't graduate are often in startups (not necessarily successful ones).

$20/h in Canada is poverty tier, they pay CS interns more than that

fucking this. I think i might just major in something that is brand new and if it doesn't work probably an hero myself for the aryan race

I dropped out of high school, never took any college classes, got a couple felonies, played video games for a few years, applied and got a job same-day at New Seasons starting at $13.50/hour.

I'm a straight white male though so there's that.

a) they dont. its like ~15.

b) there wont be any jobs in that field in 4 years when he graduates

c) if hes a labourer and not naturally talented he wont get a good wage.

Like I said I did an MS in math, most my classmates just went to go work for amazon, google, SAP etc. These are incredibly talented and naturally smart people. they will start at 6 figures and have no problem finding work.

Some construction worker going into programming? lol

>indians and chinks in cs will work for half that

Smart people won't do shit for less.It applies to all nations.

>software QA
Thanks for the tip! I've tangentially applied to a few software QA positions but haven't really looked for such jobs.

I didn't ace the James Joyce course I took for my literature requirement nor my required ethnic studies course. Not all that apologetic about it.

>why not grad school?
I actually took some graduate math courses. The graduate students seemed very unhappy. Also, many of the math professors I know have had mental breakdowns. Doesn't seem like grad school is great.

Your degree in math is largely useless. You could potentially shoe-horn your way into some sort of finance or economics position. Your background in computer science is largely valuable as its far more applicable than your math degree is.

Either way its not anyone elses fault but your own for writing this garbage anecdotal bait

>he doesn't know the stem meme was created to depress stem wages
>he doesn't know that in order to even get a job in these cucked fields requires at least a masters
>or just be a h1b, woman, or other oppressed minority

I clean cars/boats part time for minimum $30-50 per hour.

Cars are everywhere and people are slobs.

Full time sheriffs deputy. Many people are cucks, thieves, and degenerates. $45 per hour plus benefits.

Job security up the ass.

I thought Management Info Systems was a sought after degree, but I guess I fell for the meme.

Good choice.
Whatever you do DONT do a phd in math.

Unless you get your phd from princeton you will struggle to get an academic job, even with like 8 years of postdocs.

Thats why I quit when I did

Anyway, I'm going to go apply to more jobs. Enjoy the rest of your day, folks!

I'm a junior at a state school with a 3.5 GPA in computer engineering and I have a Verbal offer from a fortune 500 company. You're either lying or completely socially inept

The first year (first week!) of university, my electrical engineering lecturer took us all aside and said something that amounted to
>sorry chaps, but this is the worst time ever to be at university; come graduation, there won't be any jobs for you.

It's been 2 years since graduation; my arms are fucking massive from working manual labor...

As a general rule, companies who do H1B wont pay relocation because its cheaper to just hire more Indians.

Its pricey as shit, but you can get a 1k/month studio in one of the suburbs and ride the train into town.

Personally, I just told them I was moving to Texas, and they offered me remote so now I don't have to deal with Bay Area inflation

>completely socially inept
You're not wrong.

I graduated a top Ivy with C's and got a job at a top investment bank immediately after graduation because of my schools name

Electrical engineer here, I was literally flown out fir an interview the Friday following an online application I filed out on a Sunday.

Feels good man.

Look for QA automation. If you know Java, you can just walk into one of those and they typically pay better than manual. The best part is, Selenium is open source, so you can practice the week before and pretend you have any idea what the fuck youre talking about.

math teaching is a decent rofession. youll get to choose your location and avoid niggers and theres very little grading or prep. also hard standards mean you can actually fail niggers. you can teach internationally with two months vacation per year... good job. pay might start upper 30k.

ITT: (((people))) try to convince others to become uneducated tards

weird i got a biz degree w an alright gpa and found a 50k job while in school and no debt. wtf did you do in college

Army has plenty of engineering jobs

Honestly there's nothing wrong with going to trade school. My dad clears 90-150k depending on the year as an electrician.

> Be me
> PHD in mathematics
> 300k starting
> 35 hours a week and most of the time I dick around and browse Sup Forums.

Did you do anything, like extracurricular activities? Have experience from any other job?

I graduated Uni and did pretty well in my studies, but no one wants just that.

>He doesn't want to work in Lud
>LaughingBillyBumblers.jpg

Truck drivers start at 82k with zero debt, zero education.

>people have really useful degrees and make money
>meanwhile i have a shitty fucking BBA and work as a social media consultant
>my living is alright but I hate every single second of it
>feel absolutely useless
>I am doing a job that a toddler could do
>27 and too old to start a new degree
>my summer holiday started on monday and all i've done is lay around the summercottage and drink

I wish I had chosen my lifepath differently

very few people make that though. old fucker union members and business owners maybe

>be me
>Wendy's chef
>starting salary 500k$ plus stocks/board membership
>10 inch cock

"good state school"
bet you didnt have any research or internships under your belt?

Truth is, with automation, only the social professions like nursing, social work, pscyhology, ect will last. Robots will literally wipe out all the male jobs and smash the patriarchy.

if you dont have a full ride through external scholarships to a top 10 institution you might as well kill your self

>be me
>5 years marines in tech field
>discharged get 55k a year tech job
>4 years later making 95k as manager
>fucking melenials so easy to boss around, zero leadership skills.
>fuck around on /pol and play hearthstone all day in my office.

>falling for the STEM meme
>not becoming a high school teacher
>not being /comfy/
lmao

Teaching high school is redpilled. Summer's off, chill work weeks, good enough pay.

wtf happened to that school

fucking liberals

nothing really. just worked wagecuck jobs in retail and stuff. if youre not stem or it, try to get into a tangential field eg if youre in finance work the finance sector for an it company. also take internships; if youre good enough theyll take you on and its a backdoor through the resume barrier. as for lib arts, work at a social place where you have regulars, get to know them, and if youre likeable/not an idiot, theyll eventually talk about their jobs and open up that avenue.

at that point you might as well get your English teaching certification and try to hit on japanese school girls rather than put up the trash that is American high schools

i'm sorry but if you graduated with a cs / math degree, and can't get a job you're doing it wrong

i went to a t15 university, got a finance degree, and got hired within 2 weeks at a tech company in silicon valley.

i literally packed a suitcase and couch surfed until i found a job. no plan.

if you don't want to relocate to NYC, LA, SF, Boston, Chicago, then yes you're probably fucked.

if you need help i'll be here for some you's

Men are not allowed to go education. They rape too many children.

MIT has a couple places of super SJW'y people but theyre quarantined from the normal population, the email just tries to be edgy. Compared to Ivies and Stanford its the most redpilled top tier.

>STEM degree ?
>Haz H1B visa ??
>No H1B visa ???

No job for you !!!!

all this hinges on not having too many bills that the wage/internship can cover

lol I graduated in May with 3.0 and a biology major and I'm already making $15/hour in a lab after two raises.

CS definitely makes more than Biology.

Maybe you just suck.

Finance is stupid. Unless you go to a top tier school and start your studies right after high school you will never get any investment banking type jobs. Then the only jobs you can get are related to accounting which you don't even understand.

That kinda made me sad, big forks in the road are hard to see sometimes.

That's funny, I dropped out of high school and I got those jobs just fine. It must be because you look like a freak or something.

>biology
>having any job at all in the sea of millions of med school rejects
nigga wat

>didn't notice poster ids are different
>implying he got a 4.0 in math

As a 2.8 gpa math major with a job on wallstreet, i call bullshit

welp, sucks to be american I guess

Biology is degenerate. All information about biology is pure memorization and can be found by just googling shit.

This. Finding a job in pure mathematics is really hard. With that, you are kind of limited to academia, corporate research, or the government. The good news is you have the analytical skills you've developed to succeed and you have potential for sure.

Personally, I'd have went with an engineering degree like Mat. Sci., electrical engineering, etc. Because those degrees (especially those two) bring the future from paper to existence.

Without engineering and CS, science and math are just philosophies.

This, from what I've read you just need a bachelor's degree and a white face in order to teach overseas.

hi matt :^)

>Some construction worker going into programming? lol

Is suicide the only remaining option?

Oh also I went to an unknown college with the cheapest tuition in my area.

what MOS?

I make like 25/hr waiting tables out of season. In season its just under double that. What are you doing with your like user? Just use that bio degree to go teach or something.

tbqh its the female teachers who cant keep it in their pants around their students they get caught fucking all of the time no repercussions

Here is the way I see it. Unless you do engineering, I think you should only pursue courses that lead you go getting a license. Nurses are licensed, so are doctors, accountants, lawyers, ect. Getting a degree is not enough. I think people should be educated until they are in their mid thirties since the qualification floor is so high.

You ever consider that maybe your an asshole?

>not working at a startup
>not getting some equity
>not being a manager within a year because you're hiring a person per week
>not having a 20% salary bump within a year because they need you
>not having recruiters emailing you daily for Google, Uber, Airbnb, Twitter, etc.
>not getting a $150k job at one of these companies at 25 after 3 years of work

Finance was great.

i remember sitting in my final class and everyone going around the room mentioning the big bank they were going to work for.

always knew it wasn't for me. did learn some good shit though.