Does Sup Forums fear death? Would you give your life for a cause?

Does Sup Forums fear death? Would you give your life for a cause?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bn7qry9wCAk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We are all just nothing but biomass: tissue, blood, waste, water, skin, there is nothing unique or worth clinging to, life is a biological illusion that we all experience subjectively and death is a convenient creation of the brain. In the mind of the enlightened, you are already dead.

I dont want to die for no reason, I want to die with meaning

What a sad thing to believe.

I would give my life for my nation and my family.
The greatest act of honour and altruism is to give your life for your people.

bump

Yes and yes.

>life
>meaning

pick one

I dont fear death because this world sucks fucking ass and non existence is exponentially better than suffering on a rock for a century.

My only fear is that of the inevitable unknown

We all give our lives for something daily

You give life meaning yourself.

If you really felt that way you would already be dead.

>death
I wish it would come, I have been waiting since our legion entered the teutoburg but she will never grant me sweet release

already dead yet I am breathing.
burgers at it again folks!

I am but a little soul in a dead body. I do not care to live or die. But I will always do what is right.

t. Epictetus

Is the cause an eternity of servitude at the Dutchman?

>Only the Brits give a firm yes

So it's true what they say about the finest race.

I don't really fear death.

I'm more angry that the world is still alive.

I would be happy dying knowing that the rest of the world would follow

I want to see the blue pills little bubble of comfort torn apart as the world ends before their eyes. I want to see true despair and terror

nah bro future is gonna be badass

-sex robots
-high end computer simulations
-new drugs
-augmented reality

How salty are you gonna be when nukes start flying and you realize that we are among millions of other lifeforms that wiped themselves out, and died without any purpose or meaning?

No and yes.

All of those things sound terrible.

Its literally a list of the things I'm going to complain about in the next 50 years.

We should be reverting toward traditional practices, not blindly progressing toward the point where we can longer define that which makes us human.

You want to live a soulless, plastic, detached life and I refuse to be part of it.

These are such gay opinions.

The purpose to your life is to PROCREATE you fucking autists

What's the purpose of the life of a gorilla? To become the silverback and impregnate as many females as possible. That is also the purpose of your life. The purpose of ANY organism's life is to procreate.

this is why it's good to delude yourself in things, keeps you going.

Yeah I agree. Just because I said that you have to find your own meaning in life doesn't mean that I don't think improving your genetic fitness is the driving force behind all known life.

Some people don't understand the fundamentals and are nihilistic little faggots like the other user you linked.

Agreed.

I want to die for family, blood, soil, tradition.
Even religion would be nice if I could bring myself to believe in it.

Modern life is empty and soulless.
This artificial consumerist society can't give happiness to men. The wrong side won the war.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bn7qry9wCAk

I have children and would rather not die because they need me.

amen

>Its literally a list of the things I'm going to complain about in the next 50 years.
And there's nothing you can do to stop it. Homo sapiens are definitely going to become extinct. The only thing in question is whether it's from self destruction, robotic enhancements or being replaced by artificial intelligence

Not really. All of the things I truly want in this world are immoral at best, so there's really nothing on this planet I'd want to fight for. I suppose I'd want to unironically fight to keep the few friends I have left safe. They've got families going on and I'm feeling a melancholic kind of happiness that they have made it. If my death meant they could raise their children in peace then that's something.

I do not. Not currently while laying in bed. Honestly a stroke or something like dementia scares me more.

I've taken enough psychedelics to know we are nothing but temporary specs of dust, unworthy of thinking we are something special. Nothing really matters. Realise this and you'll be truly free. Except all those fucking bills of course.

Cabin in the woods and living of the land, and you'll be free*

Til Valhall

theres people ITT that think there is glory to be had in modern warfare LOL

enjoy getting your brain exploded by a kid with ak47 over 500m away

good goyims

Based Belgian

No "Death, like birth, is a secret of Nature" - Marcus Aurelius.

More adventurous than being a fatass like you on the internet.

>All the edge ITT.

To answer the question: Yes. Yes, depending on the cause and my circumstances.

Mexitard V.1 gets it.

Since the outset of time, since the very first form of life on this plant.

Every single ancestor related to you managed to carry its life to the point where it could procreate and pass on its genetics.

Against all odds, through millenia of struggle, strife, love, life and death.

All leading to you.

A pitiful waste of a man.

And you want to to bust your nut in a robot quadge, snort moon dust and catch rare pokegays on your google goggles.

The chiding you get when you reach the afterlife will be second to none.

Honestly death used to really scare the shit out of me until I had a few sessions bombing the holy yellow crystal, DiMiTri.

I highly recommended it to anyone with anxiety issues relating to the inevitably of your mortal demise, once you really experience whats waiting for you on the other side.... all this petty little bullshit that gets us so worked up means nothing, it feels good man.

I've accepted that I'm going to die and I'm totally okay with it... even happy about it.

>implying I won't have my trusty colander on my head in the habbenings

Im 6'0 and 160 lbs

your fucking retarded

reconquista and make SA white again. please come back spanish cousins :(

Yes and yes but wouldn't do it without friends

>afterlife
That aside, I didn't say any of those things, because I'm not the user you replied to. I'm just letting you know the reality that we will either become trans-humans, kill each other or get replaced by superior intelligence. Homo sapiens won't last another century

Yes every living person with the exception of those who've had NDEs fear death, the only thing we vary in is the degree to which we do and how much we let it affect us and influence our personal decisions.

And I would only ever give my life for my people. Also for family or a great friend.

Life is a social construct created by Adolf Hitler. We are already dead.

I guess Black Lives Don't Matter.

I don't know about being afraid of death, more that I'll just really miss the little things about being alive. To think that one day I'll never be able to enjoy a gentle spring rain, or to just lie in bed and enjoy feeling tired right before I get a good night's sleep.

That's the kind of stuff that makes me sad knowing I'll be unable to experience it one day. Sorry, I guess that was just a really retarded roundabout way of saying yes.

Triple nines means that you have nothing left to lose.
You must start the process to remove kebab from this Earth.
You will be remembered

> *chuckles* heh nothing personal kid

In Germanic mythology you go to Hel when you die in bed.

I've made peace with the concept of my mortality, but I'll do everything within my power to prevent it from occurring.

I don't fear death, I fear a meaningless life.

>Would you give your life for a cause?
Yes, because that's a million times better than dying old, sad, and alone.

The best possible death would be in battle, surrounded by friends who see you off.

Niggers. This is silly. The lives, please.

We all know black lives don't matter.

It would be a shame if you disappointed me.

The only way I can see that happening is if we reach the singularity by that point.

The other factors you mentioned will not kill us off. Not so quickly.

If you all aren't afraid of death, why haven't you done anything to change the course of history?
Why would it even matter if you die, you will have started something great.

God is undeniably real. How could matter suddenly come into fruition? Everything in the universe has a cause. How could the universe be an exception to its own rules? The answer is one thing, something un caused, caused this universe. That thing, no matter what it is, is God. That gives life inherent meaning and a reason to strive for moral greatness.

fpbp, as confirmed by czech'd

Good man

Pretty much this. Sometimes I walk out my door and feel the sun on my face and I realize that one day I'll never feel that again. I don't know if there something after death but I do know it scares me that I'll never feel an ocean breeze or smell the scent of freshly cut grass one day. It's what really motivated me to stop my worthless degenerate ways and make something of myself. It's my duty to get as much out of my time here as I can, and to create a child who can appreciate what a beautiful gift life is.

Pagan. This is silly. The souls, please.

We all know you don't need it. I have a fine place for it in Heaven.

It would be a shame if you went to Hell for eternity.

fpbp

And thus dying (and killing) for a cause is the only way.

I enlisted with the British Army so that I could fight and die for my nation, culture and civilization if need be. Instead, they gave me a medical discharge 3 weeks into Phase 1 of Basic because my blood pressure was slightly too high. After the obligatory 1 year wait period before I could re-enlist again, they rejected me out of hand due to the same bullshit, had my BP tested multiple times and used the evidence to appeal and some retired Colonel penpusher bigwig failed me thereby permanently barring me from service with the British Armed Forces.

Now my only options to fight the Muslim menace are to learn french and join the French Foreign Legion or join an English speaking unit in the Kurdish YPG in Syria. Otherwise all I can look forward to is a life of mediocrity where I can only watch as European civilization crumbles and I am denied participation in serving my country due to bullshit medical bureaucracy.

Fuck.

The sad part is some woman only concerned about looking good in uniform was accepted over you to fill diversity quotas.

Afraid of dying from Marfan Syndrome. I don't want people finding out that I'm a genetic freak. I don't want friends and family to wonder why I never told them.

if you fear death it means your life is shitty

someone would fear death only if they thought their lives were worth saving... explain

They do this because they don't have enough slots. I'm serious. They'll find some bullshit reason to keep people out because, in reality, they don't have the funding for you to be there.

They did the same thing in the Marines and Army after Iraq, NCOs were purges for a variety of dumb reasons. All of them b/c the government didn't want to pay for them.

Your family just wants you to be happy user

Never thought I'd commiserate with an Argie over the steaming turd that is my failed ambitions to be a soldier. Now I'm even more pissed off.

If we were still fighting in Afghanistan or grew a spine and went to deal with the ISIS shitstains where they live, you can bet that they (British Army) would have had me in uniform in an eyeblink.

Give me a weapon and a pube bearded jihadist to shoot it at and I can die a happy man.

>So it's ture what they say about the finest race.

While your faith in us is appreciated Canuckbro, I'm going to have to disagree with you.

Today we are lesser sons of greater sires, squatting in the ashes of the Old Empire tasting the bitter dust of our ancient glory.

>tfw can't ever take shit off in public because of caved in chest

Then you're lying to yourself and not accepting and facing up to the truth.

I don't and I have 1 or 2 years left.

Get your aorta checked every year. If it's starting to dilate then they'll put you on ace inhibitors and you'll live close to a normal lifespan. Also avoid getting the pectus surgery, it's fucking awful. I have a normal looking chest now, but I still have toothpick limbs so I never take my shirt off anyways.

t. marfanoid

There is no such thing as objective truth known to our limited brains you retard. Life is a meaningless delusion and an accident. Keeping yourself deluded as much as possible is the only way you will live a content life.