You are going to die in the end

You are going to die in the end.
Everybody is going to die in the end.
When the Sun turns into a red giant and vaporizes earth with the exception of a few probes every trace of humanity will be destroyed.
Even if humans have colonised the galaxy by then we can't keep going forever. Humanity can not survive the heat death of the universe. Literally anything anybody does is utterly pointless in the grand scheme of things.

Why should we even bother?

>babbys first existential crisis

kill yourself faggot

Go trip on shrooms or something you baby.

When you came to the realization that everything is futile in the face of death, you chose to write that post instead of immediately committing suicide. Why did you do that?

Same reason society goes on even though we know it won't last forever.

wtf I hate life now

>unique opportunity to be intelligent being
>waste life sad about being
Fucking faggots, I swear

you'll grow out of it.

Fuck you muslims are dumb
First of all we have a few billion years to escape our solar system before the sun dies
Second, the universe will expand until everything freezes, no heat death
Since we can already sort of travel to space, I think were doing ok, we just need to stop spending money on useless people and on tech instead

Actually, the future doesn't exist. It's the forever now that we live in. And reversal of aging is doable.

Because of what comes after.

>Why should we even bother?
because its better than waitin round to die

Nothing matters so why give a shit? do what makes you happy until your existence is over.

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everyone is going to die."

Welcome to existence, faggot.

Humans will all be dead way before the Sun goes red giant.

Look up quantum immortality.

Basically, one accepted interpretation of quantum physics implies that everything that COULD happen, DOES happen. Only are perceptions are limited to a single sequence of events, every other possible sequence also occurs. We only see THIS particular "timeline" because we have a limited, three dimensional ability to perceive the universe.

But we can only observe a sequence of events which we are capable of observing. You cannot observe a "timeline" in which you have died... and because in the array of possible events is so astoundingly vast, it is certain that in some fraction of those timelines (and any fraction of infinity is still infinity), you survive and remain capable of observation, and no matter what happens, you WILL observe those timelines.

The takeaway: you are immortal. You will never cease to be. You can't. Once an observer begins to observe the universe it can never stop. Of course that's only from your own perspective: you have already died an infinite number of times. Your loved ones have mourned your passing an infinite number of times. You are only immortal to yourself.

So what? Everyone dies. There's likely nothing after. I certainly won't care if anyone remembers me, I'll be dead.

Immortal you say?

You got a source for that buddy?

>Implying we won't have the technology to escape our universe/create our own by the time the universe itself starts dying

Look how far we've come in the last 100 years. By the time our sun becomes a black dwarf around 1 QUADRILLION years will have passed. Assuming we don't wipe ourselves out, technology will have allowed us to basically becomes Gods far before that period of time.

Kill yourself then. Srs.

Its about the ride desu.Everybody knows the end.

Yes. We should all kill ourselves. There is no point in trying.

What if there is no universe to observe anymore?

Google it, asshole

What the fuck else are we going to do if we don't bother?

It's several billion years until the sun becomes a red giant Faggot.

The human mind as it is will never understand the universe because we can not even comprehend the basic rules like what is absolute nothing and infinity we create things like measurments and and equations but all this is not real in a phisical sense only in our collective minds.

Also MFW Everything that is was and is going to be happens at the same time but our conciseness lets us explore what we call our time frame.

>the death of the universe
Fuck off with this popsci bullshit. The universe isn't going to end

I thought about that as well but how do you deal with people who were born say 1000 years ago. How could you possibly live to be immortal if you started back then? Do you constantly change timelines as you're dying of natural causes until you hit one where you survive that particular ailment at 120 years old? So you survive that, but you're still 120 years old, and can die at any second. Do you just keep switching realities until you land in one where technology outpaces even ours even though the timeline is 1000 years before this one, thus allowing people to live longer than 120?

Okay great, so what? You ask, why bother. Well, life is what you make of it, and essentially the meaning of life is for YOU to create that meaning. So what if every trace of you gets destroyed? Ever hear of the 2d holographic quantum information, which is indestructible, and stores ALL information about the universe? Well, there you go. You don't completely get erased. You become a needle in a haystack the size of the universe though.

>quantum immortality.
> 2d holographic quantum information
>people unironically believe these are real things.

No we are all gonna die and our existence will be erased from the universe, accept it.

By that time, Humanity will transcend the mortal plane and probably explore and guide life in different Universes much like the Q.

We should bother because we don't know whether we shouldn't bother or not. We know very little about existence and with more information we can make a better decision.

>Whoa. Profound.

Why post on /pol? It's just a waste of time?

Why fall in love? You might get hurt.

Why get of bed? Youre just going to die anyway.

Unless there is literally zero chance to survive, survival is certain, because everything that can happen does happen.

You don't need to deal with anything. The only reason we die of old age is because we accumulate damage caused by billions of chance interactions every moment of every day. Every photon that hits your skin got there based on a cosmic dice roll. Every time an atom changes phases a new "timeline" is created, one in which it changed phases and one in which it didn't. This happens for every atom: this is not only infinite, but so absurdly infinite we cannot begin to comprehend it.

Take the movie "The Man from Earth". Good movie, I recommend it highly. It's the story of a guy born thousands of years ago, and he simply never grew old. He doesn't know why. He has no super powers, he simply continues to be: this is 100% possible biologically, but it is so unlikely it could never happen.

But it does happen.

It happens all the time.

To everyone.

But you will never meet another immortal, because everyone is only immortal to themselves.

We would have to stop aging for that to work. Otherwise we'd be a brain and a pile of dust for a body

So I alone will survive forever? So theres a very real possibility that I could be floating in space while alive, forever?

Your life time is your forever.

If there is a god, then all purpose is to glorify that god.

If there is no god, than the only thing of worth is vanity. Strength. power. In essence, humanity itself is god and glorifies itself with material achievements. So long as we believe that these have value, then they have value. Groupthink on the extreme.

Perhaps the end state of this universe determines the starting state of the next?

Like I said, we only age because of the accumulated damage from billions of chance events every moment. The universes where every hand you get dealt is 21 exist. In those universes you don't age.

At this point, though, survival as a biological entity isn't our only option. It may be that we will continue to observe realities in which we exist as cyborgs or as synthetic replicas. And by "It may be" I mean "absolutely this will happen, because it can happen and everything that can happen does" Of course the future where we are inexplicable immortal because of what appears to be impossible luck will also happen.

if you change a brush pole and the brush head 6 times each is it still the same brush ?

The avg human goes through 6-9 bodys worth of cells in 1 lifetime.

Your not the same person you thouthg you where 6 years ago.

>So theres a very real possibility that I could be floating in space while alive, forever?

A certainty, actually. Sorry. And you can't even kill yourself because the .0000000001% chance that you chicken out or survive by miraculous means will be the universe you will invariably observe.

holy fuck lol

Prove that we can't escape the heat death of the universe ?
By the way, we're currently typing on a computer, were we all not more than an eukaryotic cell not that long ago ?

CRAWLING IN MY SKIN!

We used to think we would stick in Europe, then the Earth, it's orbit, the solar system, and now the galaxy. The boundaries might truly be endless.

I declare this now a skeleton thread

quick post skeletons

I fucking knew it , Sup Forumsacks are probably dead german soldiers from WW2

>MFW Everything that is was and is going to be happens at the same time but our conciseness lets us explore what we call our time frame.

I agree with you but there is a rebuttal to it:Time has proven to be relative, the passage of time (rate of change) is somewhat quantifiable and varies from particle to particle. If time is instantaneous, what process allows for this quantifiable variance in time?

Billions of years to learn how to time travel is one possible solution.

sure the sun will turn into a red giant and kill everyone but i dont care cause it will be in billions of year , by this time hopefully we will be out of this rock

well it's simple;

when earth dies, we will have already escaped earth

when our solar system dies, we will have already escaped our solar system

when your galaxy dies, we will have already escaped our glaxy

when our universe dies, we will have escaped the constraints of our universe.

The answer, what do we do when the universe is dying? [spoiler] we make our own. stars, planets, maybe even a big bang event. It sounds like scifi, but a sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

this

We've only had computers for 50 odd years and we're on the cusp of mass production of artificial organs.

>What is 50,000 years from now

In this TIMELINE....you don't know what would happen on other timelines, quantum physics , has the answer if you or anybody could understand

To simplify this idea that we're immortal;

Lets say, tomorrow, you wake up. You go outside.
There is a 50/50 chance you get hit by a car crossing the road, hypothetically.
The "multiverse" or universe, caters to both possibilities, one world in which you die, and one in which you don't.

And this happens for every interaction ever.

So, when you're 80, there is a chance you'll wake up and have a heart attack. And a chance, that you don't.

And for each of us, there is one world where we have survived each and every time.

Only to watch everyone else die, because we're immortal in our world, we'll keep surviving, but everyone else is doomed to have millions of brushes with death, eventually, given infinite time, we'll see them all be taken by one of those brushes with death.

Assuming the multiverse theory is accurate and/or correct, of course.
But if it is, expect to suffer the worst curse - immortality. Because it's guaranteed. 1000's "you's" may die, but you'll never know it, the survivor will have to experience it though.

>What is 50,000 years from now

only war

>heat death

The universe could potentially have another Big Bang. Perhaps this universe is only one in a long series of universes.