White music pride

Last thread was pruned for what I assume being too Sup Forums, but I like talking to my fellow white people about all of the musical geniuses of our past. We aren't allowed to have white pride anywhere else, let's talk about compositions, when you first took interest in classical European music, what composers you like.

After so much redpilling, I realized how little I appreciated about my ancestors and their culture. Being German, I decided to look into German composers first. So I put on Moonlight Sonata for my lift, and I was enchanted. The music sounded like genius.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Wxds6tNDjY
youtube.com/watch?v=K03xMG7fdQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=rXHd_z7PWuc
youtube.com/watch?v=_B0CyOAO8y0
youtube.com/watch?v=zPXinFjtIyg
youtube.com/watch?v=gPl4xo0yhlA
youtube.com/watch?v=keXPClVJGrc
youtu.be/m735o_eEwgg
youtube.com/watch?v=SRmCEGHt-Qk
youtube.com/watch?v=z_Mqy22bu48
youtube.com/watch?v=mYCf8pN6lZY
youtube.com/watch?v=On7BnzcEwKA
youtube.com/watch?v=Rj8cBmWZhP0
youtube.com/watch?v=jFgYfOOECFM
youtube.com/watch?v=c8FUZ-saANQ
youtube.com/watch?v=gcei2nCYbNs
youtube.com/watch?v=6Wi7UsXW1As
youtube.com/watch?v=RajAq0Yd-s4
youtube.com/watch?v=XwMON0FsAaA
youtube.com/watch?v=0U6sWqfrnTs
youtube.com/watch?v=o-3X8lmAt2g
youtube.com/watch?v=GCS9bURe3y8
youtube.com/watch?v=4rHqsO1mIbA
youtube.com/watch?v=LY7m119eOys
youtube.com/watch?v=F51uHpH3yQk
youtube.com/watch?v=xG5v-dnat-U
youtube.com/watch?v=vCHREyE5GzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nrDk7yirhA0
youtube.com/watch?v=ikJBmhGIHY4
youtube.com/watch?v=_ksxWkogTro
youtube.com/watch?v=9Umd7w5cECE
youtube.com/watch?v=eab_eFtTKFs
youtube.com/watch?v=KTM7E4-DN0o
youtube.com/watch?v=kZJ39w5IZz4
youtube.com/watch?v=_CTYymbbEL4
youtube.com/watch?v=ioK1mrZcqf8
youtube.com/watch?v=Ou2-ovmkzvc
youtube.com/watch?v=S6OgZCCoXWc
youtube.com/watch?v=mByrhS4391k&index=378&list=FLVSKwtoJzzinFhHz39hhqBg
youtube.com/watch?v=pzlw6fUux4o&index=382&list=FLVSKwtoJzzinFhHz39hhqBg
youtube.com/watch?v=JKG8ZxEOdwE
youtube.com/watch?v=e2woWZdP7Rg
youtube.com/watch?v=xLBWx_2y4R4
youtube.com/watch?v=3X9LvC9WkkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZFo8-JqzSCM
youtube.com/watch?v=eFFgbc5Vcbw
youtube.com/watch?v=xbfMlk1PwGU
youtube.com/watch?v=qIfuNPbBaaA
youtube.com/watch?v=l_eZkYorPYg
youtube.com/watch?v=KNdOMcbuiiA
youtube.com/watch?v=5iL4aIutmRY
youtube.com/watch?v=7me_uXC4gqA
youtube.com/watch?v=JezLQeCRNJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=xFGPjSRuxxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=iwDAuy5FlxM
youtube.com/watch?v=ERHZEMYGa6M
youtube.com/watch?v=gAgLIZhnmbM
youtu.be/_3NSe4EBvX8
youtube.com/watch?v=OcL4J0pzlAg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi is my favorite classical song, it was composed under the third reich. Too bad it's so overused in commercials and shit

>best white music
>ctrl+f
>pantera
>0 results

>Listens to a classical composition on a whim
>Thinks he's an enlightened übermensch

Listen to Debussy and Tchaikovsky next.

Also, if you don't think the third movement of Sonata No. 14 is the best, you're a fucking pleb.

youtube.com/watch?v=5Wxds6tNDjY

People can also like classical music without feeling superior, you know.

>Being German

MUH HERITAGE

Just get to know the meme composers first:

Wagner, Beethoven, Chopin, Mozart, Bach, maybe try a little Sibelius or Haydn

Wagner or bust.
There's nothing that quite compares

Liszt

Listen to the Hungarian Rhapsodies, the Polonaises, and maybe even the transcendental etudes if you're adventurous.

Piano Sonata in B Minor is my all time favorite

Classical music and metal is the whitest kind of music.

Excellent taste.
youtube.com/watch?v=K03xMG7fdQ4

Satie, Saint-Saens, Sibelius
Those guys give me European feelings

Ambient and Dungeon Synth are pretty much fully white.
youtube.com/watch?v=rXHd_z7PWuc

The Grateful Dead are the only approved white people music

DELETE THIS

Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg changed my life.

And minimal, God I love Kiasmos

I couldn't do without Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Schumann, Brahms, Bruckner, and of course Wagner. I kind of lost my taste for baroque, but occasionally revisit it.

Muh Hitler's favourite composer. Give or take a couple of compositions, Wagner is meandering, bloated, overrated crap. No composer was ever in greater need of a copy editor.

It goes without saying that Wagner isn't fit to lace the boots of Beethoven or JS Bach, but I'd take an eternity of almost any other german (let me include the Austriams in that too please) composer over the wood-nymph wank of Wagner.

Haydn, Schubert, Buxtehude, Handel, Mahler all superior.

>So I put on Moonlight Sonata for my lift

fucik motherfucker
youtube.com/watch?v=_B0CyOAO8y0

'No'

95% of objectively good music is from white people.
/thread.

This hidden soundtrack on skyrim is awesome.

classical is alright, but can get very boring very quickly.

I honestly don't get why you alt right white pride people get such hard erections from this stuff. Its not good background music, you need to give it your full attention.

Doom metal is far superior and much more enjoyable.

I could listen to Brahms on a constant loop.
All four symphonies.
His piano concertos.
Violin concerto.
Quartets & quintets (which, despite being written in the 19th century, for some reason have a jazz feel to me)
Fucking LOVE the Hungarian dances.
Brahms is my boy.

youtube.com/watch?v=zPXinFjtIyg

Get on Mr Mahler's wild ride

Also, this thread is about 45 minutes old and no one has tried the "we wuz composers and shit" yet.

Beethoven 3, "The Eroica".
youtube.com/watch?v=gPl4xo0yhlA

The heroic spirit (if not Bonaparte). Don't really have the words, you have to listen.

>Being German
I hate this meme so much

And you're full of shit. Ever listen to one of his operas in full? They really are Gesamtkunstwerken. No other composer, not even Beethoven himself in my opinion, contributed as richly to a culture or people's musical heritage. His works really are like the German spirit in music. His writings may not be Goethe level, but he was a more competent and philosophical librettist than anyone else I know of. Even his innovations in music alone influenced tons of composers afterwards, not to mention modern cinematography. You are pretty alone (well maybe with the Jews) in your critique of Wagner. Hitler's favorite or not, he stands among the few best in music history.

>Doom metal is far superior

M'lady

I think Beethoven started out writing this piece with Napoleon in mind, but then Ol' Nappy did the whole self-coronation thing and Beethoven tore up the dedication.

Played the Carlos Kleiber recording of Brahm's 4th symphony to death.
youtube.com/watch?v=keXPClVJGrc

>Give or take a couple of compositions, Wagner is meandering, bloated, overrated crap. No composer was ever in greater need of a copy editor.

>Haydn, Schubert, Buxtehude, Handel, Mahler all superior.

>Mahler is better than Wagner

Shitty taste tbqh. Mahler is far too bloated, especially his symphonies his Lieders are fine, but blaming Wagner for being crap and liking Mahler is Bullshit. Wagner is not just le epic Apocalyptic now meme, listen to Tristan or Parsifal.

I'm listening to this now, fantastic stuff

I love classical music, most of us grew up with this stuff.

youtu.be/m735o_eEwgg

youtube.com/watch?v=SRmCEGHt-Qk

Wagner's pretty much objectively good

I sentence thee to a lifetime pass to Bayreuth. Without a cushion too I may add.

Yes, I wasted many hours on Wagner in my younger days. Spending a night waiting for Wagner to get to the point is like shagging Sting.

I like some Mahler, and the first movement of the 6th is fairly memey (its what Darth Vader has on his iPod) desu.

After a bit though its just too of its time, in a bad way. All that turn-of-the-century Viennese hysteria and psychoanalysis.

You can't fault him for that as an artist but its just not my cup of tea.

The man could write some gorgeous goddamn music.
I'm listening to your selection as I type this post.
Like I said, Brahms is my boy.

Schubert is king of lieder with Beethoven, Schumann, and maybe some of Strauss in second. Wagnerian opera is the best German opera there is, period. The only German opera that I put near the same level is Die Zauberflöte.

i like tchaikovsky

germany died 1945 when the cucked (((ussr))) flatted berlin and (((america))) looted the remains. it's not the only thing that died that year, and it took you fools 80 years to find out what hitler knew all along. now you will die too. irony, thy name is kek.

>mfw we are entering the final stages of human existence

Thank fuck for Warner Bros cartoons and Fantasia.

What do you think of the Anglo composers? Elgar, Barber, Boyce, etc?

Anything Jordi Savall does is gold.
Related to him: Marin Marais and St Colombe, the composers you mostly hear in "Tout les matins du monde."
More recently got into Mozart and Wagner.
Loved Beethoven, and Gilbert and Sullivan, from childhood. Loved Prokofiev and Shostakovich from teenage communism spell.
Just recently discovered Albinoni.

What do you mean?

youtube.com/watch?v=z_Mqy22bu48
youtube.com/watch?v=mYCf8pN6lZY
youtube.com/watch?v=On7BnzcEwKA
youtube.com/watch?v=Rj8cBmWZhP0
youtube.com/watch?v=jFgYfOOECFM
youtube.com/watch?v=c8FUZ-saANQ
youtube.com/watch?v=gcei2nCYbNs

Tip of the iceberg.

Get out JEW

Not if they listen to classical only when they feel like shaving their heads and tattooing 1488 on their backs. Listening to a type of music just to project an image is fake as fuck.

I there is such a thing as a red-pilled comic opera its this... with beautiful music of course.

youtube.com/watch?v=6Wi7UsXW1As

I am to bed. Fare thee well pol and may fair winds guide you onward.

Hahaha, I accept the sentence Herr Beckmesser.

>Parsifal.
Parsifal can be so awful at times though. It's highly original, but also extremely tiresome and, sometimes, weak.

Not him, but I do like Elgar and Barber. Can't say I've heard any Boyce

I like Handel aswell (German but honourary Brit, spent basically his whole career here)

youtube.com/watch?v=RajAq0Yd-s4

Rachmaninoff's Piano Concertos are elder god tier

Mahler's Lieder have very little in common with for instance Schubert being orchestrated and all. Das Lied von der Erde or Kindertotenlieder are both interesting examples of a musical aesthetic, that is with its rochestrated colours and symphonic emotions so different from Schubert. Still prefer Schubert's Lieder, but not that good to compare

Amazing overture, listened to this and the Ring very much, when I was younger. I prefer his other works these days.

Savall is imo one of the greatest Musicians of our time. His L'orfeo and follias are amazing.

>trying something new because it coincides with some of your other interests and beliefs is poser.
Nice try shill

Totally can relate, couldn't even get through the first 30 minutes before being deep into Wagner for like 4 or 5 years.

Rachmaninov is good, but he lacks originality. Other Russian composers of comparable time are imo far more interesting. Try Rimsky-Korsakov's piano concerto, it has a lot in common, but sounds more colourful imo.

This. Assuming you cannot stand a note of Wagner's music, check out his biography. He is the guy every rock star pretends to be. At the very least, learn the Larry David anecdote.

>File: 1435103308950.jpg (88 KB, 454x340)
It isn't "trying something new" to come on a Chinese tapestry trading forum and boast of classical music's superiority.

I like Elgar, less his bombastic nationalistic stuff and more the serious music.
Everyone should own this CD:

youtube.com/watch?v=XwMON0FsAaA

Which is basically, with his son dead, Elgar regretting all his World War 1 imperial jingoism. Feel level off the chart.

Other than that, Vaughan Williams although I can't stand the "Lark" for some reason. This makes me think of England being very, very old.
youtube.com/watch?v=0U6sWqfrnTs

Otherwise I like 'technical Anglos' Delius and Holst who were mates.

youtube.com/watch?v=o-3X8lmAt2g

Beethoven Piano Concerto No 4 G major Wilhelm Backhaus Wiener Symphoniker Karl Bohm

youtube.com/watch?v=GCS9bURe3y8

Cortot, Thibaud, Casals - Beethoven Archduke, Trio Op.97 in B flat Major

youtube.com/watch?v=4rHqsO1mIbA

Interview with Chancellor Konrad Adenauer

youtube.com/watch?v=LY7m119eOys

Bruckner Symphony No 4 Celibidache Münchner Philharmoniker 1983 Herkulessaal Live

youtube.com/watch?v=F51uHpH3yQk

J.S. Bach - Passacaglia and Fugue in C minor BWV 582

youtube.com/watch?v=xG5v-dnat-U

Bach - Cantate BWV 80 - Ein feste Burg ist unser Gott

youtube.com/watch?v=vCHREyE5GzQ

Beethoven - Symphony No.7 in A major op.92 - II, Allegretto

youtube.com/watch?v=nrDk7yirhA0 udwig van

Beethoven - Violin Concerto in D Major, Op. 61

youtube.com/watch?v=ikJBmhGIHY4

Beethoven String Quartet No. 16 in F Major, Op. 135 - Orion String Quartet

youtube.com/watch?v=_ksxWkogTro

Gustav Mahler - Symphony No.1 in D major

youtube.com/watch?v=9Umd7w5cECE

Weber-Der Freischütz Overture-Kleiber

Radetzky March - Johann Strauss Sr

youtube.com/watch?v=KTM7E4-DN0o

Wagner: Tannhäuser Overture - Thielemann / Münchner Philharmoniker

youtube.com/watch?v=kZJ39w5IZz4

Johann Pachelbel - Kanon in D-Dur für drei Violinen und Basso Continuo

youtube.com/watch?v=_CTYymbbEL4

Johann Strauss II - The Blue Danube Waltz

If you're thinking about getting into Bach, listen to The Well Tempered Clavier book 1 and 2

youtube.com/watch?v=ioK1mrZcqf8
youtube.com/watch?v=Ou2-ovmkzvc

Some other pieces
youtube.com/watch?v=S6OgZCCoXWc
youtube.com/watch?v=mByrhS4391k&index=378&list=FLVSKwtoJzzinFhHz39hhqBg
youtube.com/watch?v=pzlw6fUux4o&index=382&list=FLVSKwtoJzzinFhHz39hhqBg

My nigga
youtube.com/watch?v=JKG8ZxEOdwE

>If you try something new *and like it* you are poser
You probably only listen to one or two genres and can't believe some people actually like unpopular music.
>Go listen to Yeezus kiddo

I have a deep love for Buxtehude's music.

youtube.com/watch?v=e2woWZdP7Rg

Say what you will about Christianity or the Christians, the culture they pumped forward is pure class.

Russian classical music is very good, you should look into things like Tchaikovsky's Symphonies 4-6 and Rachmaninoff's Piano Concertos 2 & 3. Obviously Germans are the best at classical though

I've always confused it with Offenbach's Orpheus in the Underworld
youtube.com/watch?v=xLBWx_2y4R4

...and Strauss' Radetzky March

>Wagner is meandering, bloated, overrated crap
>Goes on to say that Mahler is superior
If you weren't an Aussie I'd call you a fucking idiot, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

HAH

youtube.com/watch?v=3X9LvC9WkkQ

didn't say brahms!

>listening to cracker music
>not listening to superior black rock n roll

youtube.com/watch?v=ZFo8-JqzSCM

youtube.com/watch?v=eFFgbc5Vcbw

youtube.com/watch?v=xbfMlk1PwGU

youtube.com/watch?v=qIfuNPbBaaA

I've listened to classical my entire fucking life and was 1st violin in my high school symphony, so fuck you. I just don't incorrectly associate it with white nationalism like you do as you listen to Wagner somberly on the train.

Based list of Classical:

Goldberg Variations
Mass in B Minor
St. Matthew Passion
Toccata & fugue, Passacaglia & fugue and Fantasia and fugue

By Bach

Piano Concertos 20, 21, 23 and 34
Symphonies 40 and 41
Requiem

By Mozart

Symphonies 3, 5, 7, 9
Piano sonatas 8, 14, 17, 23
Piano concerto 5
Egmont and coriolan overtures

By Beethoven

Symphonies 4, 5 and 6
Piano concerto 1
The nutcracker and swan lake ballets
1812 overture

By Tchaikovsky

String quartets 12 and 14
Symphonies 8 and 9
Impromptuses

By Schubert

The rest:

Four seasons Vivaldi
Nelson mass Haydn
Trio no. 1 Brahms
Symphony 9 Dvorak
Symphonies 3 and 4 Mendelssohn
Piano concertos 2 and 3 Rachmaninov
Violin concerto in E minor Mendelssohn
Piano concerto in A minor Grieg

And tonnes more, but I cba to include all of it and don't want to list my playlist as want to remain user

Typo: it's 24 not 34

>Pachelbel's Kanon in D Major
Beautiful, but played far too often and most likely on non-period-instruments on weddings

>Strauss' The Blue Danube Waltz
Meme

>Radetzky March
Meme

Regarding Bach: not so well known one from Wachet auf uns ruft die Stimme BWV 140, but still beautiful:

youtube.com/watch?v=l_eZkYorPYg

If you like national-russian style of music, you should go for Mussorgsky and Rimsky-Korsakov, were far more "russian" than Tchaikovsky or Rachmaninov.

Mussorgsky:
youtube.com/watch?v=KNdOMcbuiiA

Rimsky-Korsakov:
youtube.com/watch?v=5iL4aIutmRY

youtube.com/watch?v=7me_uXC4gqA

Knew someone would bite.

Wagner still objectively shite though.

Oddly enough muh German heritage is from Upper Franconia, but I have yet to make the pilgrimage to Bayreuth. It needs to happen.

Wagner's overrated but the prelude to Tristan und Isolde is great

Check out Mozart's piano concerto 20-24 if you haven't. They're the pinnacle of classical music, along with Beethoven's late quartets, IMO.

I mean hey, he's not for everyone. Even some okay-tier Italian composers had their snarky quips about him.

>the prelude of Tristan Und Isolde.

I shed a tear every time.

I included them in my very short list: I haven't heard no. 22 though.

Also I prefer Beethoven's middle quartets, the best being no. 7 (imo)

Your name doesn't happen to be Nietzsche, does it?

got to say Sup Forums is rather shit at the moment so thanks for posting a decent thread which will doubtless be prunes by faggot mods soon

youtube.com/watch?v=JezLQeCRNJ0

Bayreuth is shit. Just look, what crimes they commit with those modernist directors these days. And just to clarify that, an opera can be interpreted in a modern way, but what Bayreuth is doing is just madness. Look at Lohengrin or Parsifal of the last few years for example.

Buxtehude is amazing, also interesting how he had influence on Bach. Favourite pieces will always be:

Jesu, meines Lebens Leben
youtube.com/watch?v=xFGPjSRuxxQ

and Führwahr, führwahr er trug unsere Krankheit
youtube.com/watch?v=iwDAuy5FlxM

Still an excellent pick you did there tho

Absolutely adore that movement, imo it's the classical music version of realising there is no meaning in the Universe, and all of Earth's suffering is for nothing at all *tips fedora*

Karajan is amazing.

>along with Beethoven's late quartets, IMO

Too complex for starters...

I made the same mistake, that stuff can get quite dense at times, better start with the middle period, or earlier.

youtube.com/watch?v=ERHZEMYGa6M

youtube.com/watch?v=gAgLIZhnmbM
>that song when racewar

It's always time to celebrate.

Disagree, very overrated. Fritz Reiner is the best (imo obviously). Karajan often makes things wayy too slow just to try to 'savour the moment'

That's sad. This Fourth Reich is really shitty.

Membra Jesu Nostri was my introduction to Buxtehude. Still listen to it once every couple of months or so.

Have to agree with . Karajan's Wagner is too thick and not clear enough and that steals the music a lot of energy. His speed isn't the main-problem there, for example, Knappertsbursch conducted a very slow, yet energetic and clear Wagner making him far superior to Karajan.

And what if you don't want to listen to violent evil shit, but still want music that sends a message of strength? There's very little for white guys to listen to.

I love me some Doom metal

youtu.be/_3NSe4EBvX8

>Brown eyes
>White
Get that fucking mongrel off my screen. I doubt that guy in the pic is even German.

I should have clarified, I enjoy him for Wagner and Bruckner especially. His tempo isn't always drawn-out though.

*Knappertsbusch

Also a great one. I think, german baroque music had its peak during the Norddeutsche Schule including Buxtehude. Bach is great, but his aesthetics and the extreme complicated polyphony, that is totally enjoyable from time to time, felt like a dead end. It's sad, that composers like Buxtehude or Hieronymus Praetorius aren't that well known for the majority of people.

Eugen Jochum has the best Bruckner, but Karajan's is decent by just being spectaculary majestic.

I know very little about the specifics of German baroque, where would Telemann fit into this? I remember enjoying some of his works when I first started on my classical journey.

youtube.com/watch?v=OcL4J0pzlAg