The state of modern comics

>The state of modern comics
What happened?

That's pretty bad. But then again, the state of comics was already shit since the Dark Age started. This is just more cringey. Hopefully, one day we'll look back at this and laugh just like how we laugh at Superman's mullet.

>The state of modern capeshit
The rest of comics is alright.

this is just so bad. at least will hellcat's regular artist there's some semi-professional finish to her work. this fill-in is fucking tumblr webcomic tier in terms of artistic value. i can't believe any marvel editor would approve of this making it to print.

Someone left the front door open and a handful of them wandered in.

Anytime someone asked where they came from, they just gave them an angry look and said "We've always been here." while holding the door open.

>the state of MARVEL comics
fixed that for ya.

Why is Arcade making fun of purplehair's eyeliner when his own eyes are look like someone smeared a rainbow on them?

Also: why do Arcade's eyes look like someone smeared a rainbow on them?

What the fuck, this is deviantart tier art. Who allowed this to see print?
Also, doesn't Arcade have god powers in his Murderworlds now?

>that 4th panel
HOW

I wouldn't worry.
Despite the attention they get, most books like this sell like absolute shit.

At just #5 Hellcat was already under 13k.

>this was in a published book endorsed by Marvel

You have no idea what "endorse" means, do you?

they're trying to stay relevant, meaning they're trying to make sales, meaning they're trying not to get shut the fuck down by their parent companies

Has Bee and Puppycat left her broke?

wait...this ISN'T a webcomic?

what's up with his right hand?
did he beat off to reading fifty shades and broke his hand?

I'm starting to think Disney is just sabotaging the comics branch so they are seen as the "good guys" when they close marvel comics for good and present the movie verse as the new unique canon source.

You tell me?

>This is the state of modern comics

Argue Marvel's quality all you want (it's shit), but they absolutely dominate the market.
Something like half of their books are unmitigated failures, true, but it doesn't matter.
The top sellers are almost entirely theirs, the public loves them almost no matter what, the addition of Star Wars titles made them even bigger, and they can afford to put out a shitload of titles about basically anything.
Even if by some miracle their quality brought down sales in any significant way, Disney will keep them going forever. They're an IP factor for billion-dollar movies.

It's the new Hellcat series.
It's not even bad enough to get upset at. It's nothing.
NOTHING happens. There's no tension, conflict, or consequences.
It's like a slice-of-life manga, except the art is lazier.

>another thread shitposting about terrible comics you don't even read

Just ignore the trash and read the stuff you like and stop acting like a whiny baby. These threads are really fucking obnoxious after the 100th time

This.

>Argue Marvel's quality all you want (it's shit), but they absolutely dominate the market.
american market is tiny and irelevant. the comcis don't sell for shit worlwide. Disney see worldwide first and foremost.

>get away from my safe zone!

Marvel is Disney, user.
There's no escaping the long arm of the mouse.

Right, because we judge the quality of Valiant by Faith, or DC by Harley Quin.

We already have two perfectly good hate threads going, join in

It's not enough user, too many people don't hate Marvel, we need to flood the Internet with these three pages and ignore everything else

nah

There are far better webcomics on tumblr than this.

Anime happened

Of all the examples of crapping writing and decisions in modern Marvel/comics you centre in specifically on something LGBT related despite LGBT characters actually not having much exposure in Marvel lately at all. Obviously this is the kind of exposure that isn't much good - but it's largely a result of such characters and plots being shoved to the margins. I can think of a number of books - Silk, Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel come to mind, that have mention of LGBT characters or have them on the sidelines as cheerleaders but never really have them as superheroes, or characters of much consequence.

It's pretty just an iteration of the "Gay friend" sort of trope, which is probably why you get stuff like this.The non-powered side-kick, or the C-list hanger-oner. The character is shoved to the fringes, given a limited series etc. if marvel had actually put time and effort into comics like Angela, promoting them and giving the characters relevance within the wider Marvel U we probably would have seen something cool come out of it. But it didn't happen.

We have always been here. Coming up with a "clever" way of dismissing that doesn't change it. You're basically just arguing that one group or another "owns" comics which is silly.

are we really going to complain about Wonder Woman of all comics having a scene like this? really?

using modern lingo isn't automatically cringe worthy. you kids aren't as old as you want to think you are so get over it.

Nah, fuck you, you can't blame anime for this, one . I've seen Moeblob tv shorts and 4koma mangas with more consistent, precise art than this.

non-Togashi manga art shits all over that trash anyday and serves 20 page a week.

no its not, this is page one.

>anime inspired by disney
>get Astroboy
>somehow we've reached this point

What the fuck kind of name is Arcade?

I find it funny that you actually read this comic, and how you somehow believe that this is the only Marvel comic on the shelf right now.

>are we really going to complain about Wonder Woman of all comics having a scene like this?

That the super-heroine who's used to fighting ancient Greek monsters and villains even knows what "mansplaining" is or cares about it? Yes

They tried to appeal to Womanchildren instead of just Manchildren

>mike mignola will die one day and only artist like this will remain
>artist that do great detailed drawings wont be hired or even be ignored because the new female editors want something cute and funny looking

I almost want this if just because I want someone to pull a happy tree friends

If it was literally any other anachronism you wouldn't complain about it. People use all these "but I have a valid reason!" excuse but yet it specifically only comes up when it's coincidentally related to women, gays/trans and minorities.

i'm not even 100% on where the continuity is at with Wonder Woman at the moment or in that specific comic and all that but I don't think this is a version of Wonder Woman who hasn't spent some time out in the world. Knowing various immigrants you'd be surprised how quickly they pick up on stuff.

Wonder Woman's always been a bit of a feminist "Mary Sue" either way. Nerdbros prefer her to be a 1940s style feminist since that's in the past and not challenging to them. They're just putting modern words to a disposition Wonder Woman's had for decades.

of course the Bi guy is the "room-mate". queer characters in marvel are always room-mates, or work mates, or C-listers with limited series.

You're literally retarded if you think there aren't actual good comic artists, female or otherwise, out there right now that are working or may be hired eventually.

Feminist icon... in the world of supervillainy?

>That non threatening nu male at the end

Fucking Marvel.

I swear to god, this shit is insufferable.
"She's a homicidal, child-murdering psychopath"
"Yeah, but we've got to give her a free pass because she's a minority in that category"

>you actually read this comic

I just make fun of it, I don't pay for it

>Killing a man is behavior of a feminist role model

Who the hell wrote this? Cause this shit is messed up.

>"She's a homicidal, child-murdering psychopath"

this really depends on which Harley Quinn we're talking about. like the joker she's inconsistent. she's been written badly/edge on numerous occcasions but the original conception of the character was somewhat different. people complain about her being "softened up" when she's brought more in line with Paul Dini's vision of her.

that's what results in weirdness like the panel posted. Harley WAS a "feminist" character originally, in that she was a commentary on abusive relationships, and she was in a number of overtly feminist-themed episodes(even if she was still ultimately the villain, you got the feeling you were meant to be more on their side than the Joker etc.)

Haha that shitty perspective.

that is a really awful interpretation of her character though which is based entirely off the most edgy interpretations of Harley and not the original sympathetic one

not a surprise that anti-sjws default towards edginess given they have zero tact or original humour but whatever.

This is just some shity tumbler web comic right?
This cant be an actual publication

Yeah that's because it's a fucking stupid word with no reasonable use in modern times much less from an actual feminist icon who doesn't need to make up words for when someone with a dick tells her she's wrong.

To be the original interpretation she IS a fame hungry quack who Joker plays like a damn fiddle.
Though she does genuinely love him for more than the fact he's a big name, I'm not sure what interpretation they're talking about.

Superman never had a mullet, casual scum. His hair was just long. Stick to reading wikis and googling memes, my man.

There's a LGBT character in Ms. Marvel?

Mike is fat and named Mike so that counts I guess

What makes a Mullet a Mullet?

"actual feminist icon"
"modern times"

this is exactly it you're comfortable with feminist icons from the 40s as they were but not anything remotely modern that challenges you. wonder woman in the 40s was more challenging than mansplaining is nowadays.

Mike's parents.

Right, forgot all about them

It's not about challenge it's about being literally fucking retarded as a word. The problem is the idea that being told you're wrong needs a different word because a MAN is saying it to a WOMAN.

but will they be in the future ?

I should point out that the woman in that screencap IS Harley herself, in disguise

If it sounds fucked up it's because Harley IS fucked up. It's awful out of context, but in context it's not soapboxing because you know the source is heavily corrupted.

ahh that makes much more sense

>Nighthawk
>Vision
>Sheriff of Babylon
>Omega Men
>Chew
>Southern Bastards
Modern comics are fine, what are you talking about?

Marvel decided they make more money hiring 20-something artists off tumblr and paying them crap.

Is Ian Soo a boy or a girl?

you made me waste some fine (You)s, I want them back.

>cash if you can

Nice tax evasion racket you have going there.

How did I make you waste them?

This is your own fault.

Old enemy of the X-Men. Totally obsessed with gaming parlors. Showed up quite recently in X-Men 92, too.

He's also the bastard responsible for Avengers Arena and the death of Mettle

Did you not read what he said or are you just plain stupid?

Are you still upset about that?

I don't really see the problem. It's got got SOL-ish plots, a cast of female characters complimented by not-quite-evil villains and a cute art style. It doesn't seem to be bad, just not my thing/outside of my demographic. I realize this is the daily 'Let's rage about comics we don't read thread", but that's my two bits on the subject.

Ok, it's still messed up. But it's expected since she is a fucking lunatic.

>it's not soapboxing because you know the source is heavily corrupted
Yeah, WE see it that way.
I'm fairly sure that's not how it was intended however.

the drawings are really rough and webcomic-quality. plus if you're going to print art so simplistic you should at least give a discount

Looks like somebody needs to read some good old-school Arcade to understand that, before Hopeless turned him into a joke who was desperate for approval, he was a high-priced hitman with a penchant for killer amusements, good sportsmanship, and carnival flair who took his jobs based on how much fun they'd afford him, win or lose. Check out any of these for more information.

>Showed up quite recently in X-Men 92, too.
Well, well. I guess I'll need to check that out.

While I can't stand Kate Leth generally, she got my boy Arcade back to his roots in this issue and I can appreciate that.

yeah okay that's fair man, I'll concede that

I just don't think something that is so different out of context should be put alongside things like Squirrel Girl and excerpts of Lady Thor, which just have no excuse.

>Showed up quite recently in X-Men 92, too.
>Well, well. I guess I'll need to check that out.

I might have accidentally told a lie. Heavent read it yet myself, just stumbled across the cover yesterday. But that HP Lovecraft guy looks a lot like him. I'm sure it's an homage and that's why I mixed it up.

What are you even fucking talking about? "Mansplaining" is a fucking stupidand sexistInternet term that no one in their right mind would genuinely use. This isn't about "being challenged"(?)it's just stupid third wave feminist bullshit.

>not a surprise that anti-sjws default towards edginess given they have zero tact or original humour but whatever.

That's actually Dwarf from the 90s Darkhold series.

You've broken my trust, user. However shall I cope with the harsh realization of your deceptions?

Dwarf just showed up in Carnage

I have never seen Dwarf before. I didn't mean the character himself was the homage. Is there no classic cover being referenced in the one I posted? The pose, the bowtie, the grin, the background hinting at VR (well, it's an arcade of sorts) - I was sure it was Arcade entering the X92verse. Plus when I looked at it yesterday, it was at ANTS resolution.

All he did was show up on a variant cover. Sorry user.

I would actually be okay with this style for a children's comic.

Neat. How is that, by the way? A slasher/horror series featuring Carnage seems like it could be pretty cool.

No worries, user. I'm just teasing. I'm a big Marvel horror nut and even I only vaguely recognized him from the one single solitary issue of Darkhold I ever read. I need to get around to reading more 90s Marvel horror outside of some Morbius and Rise Of The Midnight sons.

>90s X-Men
>Sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their frickin' heads
>American Gladiators
>BattleBots
This cover is bonkers

It honestly reminds me of Sanrio stuff, which would be neat for a kids' book.

X-Men '92 is bonkers in general. You get redacted speech bubbles, brutal events unhappening on the same page, characters monologuin about censorship... It's great. It's like the old cartoon was blessed with Deadpool's medium awareness. Also, you get more of BestRogue.

That's why this Murderworld is just American Gladiator. And sharks with laserbeams.

>le Dark Age meme
Post your favorite Linkara quotes bro

Yes. For every Natazilla, there's an Amy Reeder. For every Henderson, there's a Conner. Not all women draw webcomic-tier just like not all men draw, I don't know, Garfield

Honestly is pretty good, they are doing some great work with Carnage, and his supporting cast (Eddie Brock, John Jameson, OCs) have been handled well. It's worth checking out that's for sure

I'm an idiot but what I meant with this comment is that there are developing artists with differing styles that aren't complete shit so of course they will be around in the future

>We have always been here. Coming up with a "clever" way of dismissing that doesn't change it. You're basically just arguing that one group or another "owns" comics which is silly.
People into hobbies tend have bullshit detectors when others who aren't actually part of it traipse in and try to assert control which is exactly the thing you're doing so nice try there MCUfag, go write a Mary Sue article about it.